Dallas BEC Approval Queue Tracker

Icarus's updates

Summarizing ICARUS's Insights of This week

1 .PD being processed floats back and forth based upon the dates of cases with responses to 45-day letter in the queue. Right now, cases have been drawn from 7/02 with regularity. Obviously, this can regress with additional responses to cases with prior PD. Also, as of 5/20, RIR queue was just over 17K
(POST1)

2. the email address status@dal.dflc.us is bona fide. The Dallas BEC contractor is the recipient of the emails to this address, although responses are pretty much limited to confirmation of case receipt. Unfortunately, due to the traffic received, they've begun limiting responses to inquiries only on cases actually being worked by the Dallas office. Am unaware of a similar site for Philly
(POST2)

3. Incidents such as these are dwindling off as processing moves forward. If a case is closed due to "lack of response" a letter is automatically generated notifying the agent/employer of case closure. If it can be shown that this was in error (never receiving letters, able to provide proof of delivery, etc.) The case is re-entered, maintaining PD, and a new case number is assigned with notifying letters sent advising of the new case number. Once the response is received to the 45-day letter, the case will be placed into the queue by PD, despite the delay
(POST3)

4. still processing both. RIR queue is now over 17,000 waiting analysis, while TR is only about 1500.
(POST4)

5. As for approvals, don't have access to that data, but FIFO is followed at this point as well. When the CO is reviewing cases for certification, they pull from a computer maintained queue similar to RIR and TR. This date will float as well, depending on PD's approved for final review by RIR/TR analysts in the interim since the last case pulled by the CO.
(POST5)

6.Does this mean that the Dallas RIR queue has reached May 2002? In a word, yes. Obviously with the exception of the stray case being put in the queue with a prior PD.
Can you tell us if the number of CO personnel has increased or not and how many cases they are approving and sending out on an average? The CO's have brought on board additional help in reviewing cases for certification.
At what stage is an RFE/NOF being issued ? At the analysis stage or at the CO stage. NOF's are just getting underway. As with the 45-day letters, shortcomings in programming melding PBLS with the letter generation program have held this up. Recent work-arounds have enabled analysts to begin generating NOF's for review. Once a NOF has been confirmed by a CO, it will be sent to the agent/employer for review/remedy.
(POST6)

7. SWA cases responding to 45-day letter that have made it to analysis queue currently number in the low hundreds. Once data entry is completed on a SWA case, the letter goes out the door within 24 hours just like regional cases. No magic number, they're generated and sent as they are entered Same deal, as cases are put into the queue, they are analyzed in FIFO order. Numbers between Philly and Dallas are relative and are a result of different management teams at each location. Although both are technically the same company, they are not carbon copies of each other. While Philly may be ahead in data entry, Dallas is currently ahead in actual certifications
(POST7)

8. Yes, all cases transferred to BEC received a 45-day letter once Data Entry is complete
(POST8)

9. Revising the clear rate down to an average of 4/day (currently) would bring the total down closer to the actual figure of around 1600 cases.
(POST9)

10.Regional cases were given priority at DOL's direction, as it was assumed that these had been in the system longer, more processing had been accomplished on these cases and they would be cleared more quickly. To meet your criteria for FIFO, all cases (both regional and SWA) would have had to be entered simultaneously if not instantaneously(unlikely).Or, worse, as it had been feared, all case processing would have been put on hold until ALL data entry had been completed(fair?)
(POST10)

Thanks to GP111 for compiling this list

Thx
ZB

That is a valid point

However I would think even though ZBs thought is correct, they might be picking some cases randomly to readvertise....this was happening in Chic DOL before BEC began. They wanted to readvertise to retest the market...I always feared this to happen, it is their mistake to delay the case and now we need to prove all over again for it.

Zany_Brainy said:
It may be that this case was filed without the 6 months of advertisement, some people applied with 2 weeks of ads to get their application in quick

I remember the pain of waiting 6 months for the advertisement period after the companys asked our lawyer to file for labor certifications.

Thx
ZV

Question ??

Hi GP, ZB, others

I have been an silent reader for sometime now. Thanks for posting valuable informations and summaries.

Going through your postings just wanted to check if the certication of SWA applications from the BEC's will effect the processing of the RIR/NON RIR applications queue. For Ex: if SWA applications from 2001/2002 get processed, will it cause the PD to be shifted back?

Also, my PD is somewhere in early 2003, Received the 45-day love letter, replied in Jan/Feb. Looking at the present speed of queue movement in BEC, is it safe to think of a time of 6 months to reach my PD?

You might have answered these questions a 1000 times by now...sorry guys if this is a repeat.

Thanks in advance

Zany_Brainy said:
Summarizing ICARUS's Insights of This week

1 .PD being processed floats back and forth based upon the dates of cases with responses to 45-day letter in the queue. Right now, cases have been drawn from 7/02 with regularity. Obviously, this can regress with additional responses to cases with prior PD. Also, as of 5/20, RIR queue was just over 17K
(POST1)

Just to think positively and feel better
1.does he mean they allready processed for final adjudicationn of RIR cases upto July 02 ?
2.Hope we are all in next CO Q for adjudication and expect in next 4 to 6 weeks ?

Thanks to GP111 for compiling this list

Thx
ZB

Yes it will..

msbspv said:
Hi GP, ZB, others

I have been an silent reader for sometime now. Thanks for posting valuable informations and summaries.

Going through your postings just wanted to check if the certication of SWA applications from the BEC's will effect the processing of the RIR/NON RIR applications queue. For Ex: if SWA applications from 2001/2002 get processed, will it cause the PD to be shifted back?

Also, my PD is somewhere in early 2003, Received the 45-day love letter, replied in Jan/Feb. Looking at the present speed of queue movement in BEC, is it safe to think of a time of 6 months to reach my PD?

You might have answered these questions a 1000 times by now...sorry guys if this is a repeat.

Thanks in advance

In short the answer is yes, but there are not a huge number of SWA cases which are older than 2003..Only NY, CA remand to state cases and some other states have SWA cases from 2001 ...

Keep your fingers crossed..

Zb

When you say that there are not a huge number of SWA cases with a PD older than 2003 are you talking only about RIR cases still at the State level or does this include Non-RIR (TR) cases too?

If you did not include the TR cases do you have any info / analysis done for the TR cases too? Just wondering.

zb

Can u post your updated projection analysis list with Rays Inputs

Feeling better with your offer of lunch:)

I cannot...

mnhrdc said:
zb

Can u post your updated projection analysis list with Rays Inputs

Feeling better with your offer of lunch:)

Because, If I move the Queue to August then it does not make sense as to why all of us are still waiting..

I need to see 1 approval for guys amongst one of us here to update my analysis queue..

The latest approval we have seen from anywhere posting here has been tgunukula with a PD of 04/02.

tgunukula received his 45 day letter after Me (Jan 5th) and replied on Jan 20th (I got on Jan 3rd replied same day)...he got his approval on the 12th of May..

So Raydhans attorneys assumption that the processing is by 45 day letter response day, is incorrect...

Raydhan,
Can you press your attroney to find out what the heck happened to your case man..

thx
ZB

Hope to hear your approval in coming weeks

Hope to hear of your approval in next 2 weeks. make sure to send good desi sweets to all of us.

Zany_Brainy said:
Because, If I move the Queue to August then it does not make sense as to why all of us are still waiting..

BEC Labor Status

I asked my attorney to check status at Dallas BEC since it passed 90 days and he got an answer from them saying it is in " Final Review".

EB2/RIR
PD-- 12/2003
RD-- 08/2004
State - OH

45 Day letter recvd. Feb 21 2005, replied Feb 23rd 2005.

How come in 'Final review'

gottira said:
I asked my attorney to check status at Dallas BEC since it passed 90 days and he got an answer from them saying it is in " Final Review".

EB2/RIR
PD-- 12/2003
RD-- 08/2004
State - OH

45 Day letter recvd. Feb 21 2005, replied Feb 23rd 2005.

Hi,

How come your case is in final review with PD 12/2003 as many cases with PD 2002 are still in que at BEC Dallas.
Is it they aprrove by the response to 45 day letter or by PD date??

Please post your update

Thanks!

img123 said:
Hi,

How come your case is in final review with PD 12/2003 as many cases with PD 2002 are still in que at BEC Dallas.

Please post your update

Thanks!

i honestly believe final review is a general broad term. i think it means, once the 45 days letter is returned back to BEC with an ok to continue, they put ur case in the processing queue and they call it final review. this final review can take yrs or months according to how many people r ahead of u in the queue. therefore, i think final review is not that critical and is a very elastic term that BEC uses. any other opinion?

Another Approval

Posting from M***** forum

To share with everybody,

I received the AEC approval (RIR) two days ago. My original application date was June 13, 2002 (location San Francisco). The '45 day' letter was received from Dallas beginning of January 2005.

Now I have to decide which way to go: adjustment of status or consular processing. Any suggestions?

Stella

Hey

I met with my lawyer yesterday and she is saying that the backlog reduction centers have not yet started the processing of cases and are only sending out 45 days letter. (not true as we are seeing a few approvals) Also the cases that had initially gone to Enterject were transfered back to TWC instead of BEC centers and will need to be trasnfered to backlog centers (no date available on it) ouch!

She is preparing to file for my PERM. I needed to confirm something. I have been with the same company for past 5 years and have had a few promotions along the way. She suggested that we apply a new PERM so that we don't have to withdraw the current RIR. We will be applying this new PERM for a more senior position than the one we used when we applied for RIR. Can I use the experiance I gained at this same company or not?

"Final Review" is general term

img123 said:
Hi,

Please post your update

Thanks!

I think as antonioa77 said Final Review is probably general term they are using after 90 day reply.This will keep us thinking we are close to approval and BEC will not be hammered with calls every other week.Just a gimmick to keep us away.

surf_smarter said:
I met with my lawyer yesterday and she is saying that the backlog reduction centers have not yet started the processing of cases and are only sending out 45 days letter. (not true as we are seeing a few approvals) Also the cases that had initially gone to Enterject were transfered back to TWC instead of BEC centers and will need to be trasnfered to backlog centers (no date available on it) ouch!

She is preparing to file for my PERM. I needed to confirm something. I have been with the same company for past 5 years and have had a few promotions along the way. She suggested that we apply a new PERM so that we don't have to withdraw the current RIR. We will be applying this new PERM for a more senior position than the one we used when we applied for RIR. Can I use the experiance I gained at this same company or not?

Two things:

1) You can use experience in current employer if the experience was gained in a position that is at least 50% different than the one you are applying for.

2) Since you have been promoted, you should look at the job description for the new position and make sure that you can actually account for the number of years experience required - prior to joining and some from current employer. Right off the bat if you are already in the position you are requesting you cannot use the experience gained while in that position.

Heck Man..

ram_ram said:
Posting from M***** forum

To share with everybody,

I received the AEC approval (RIR) two days ago. My original application date was June 13, 2002 (location San Francisco). The '45 day' letter was received from Dallas beginning of January 2005.

Now I have to decide which way to go: adjustment of status or consular processing. Any suggestions?

Stella

If this is true than FIFO does not exist..

But how come none of our friends here are getting any approvals?

ZB