Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Shudigidi said:
Is there any chance to receive a letter if you case was transferred to Dallas DOL in Jan 2003. Which DOL/SWAs they are going to process first ?
Can't speak for Philly, but cases at Dallas will be processed as they are received. To date, cases received include Dallas RO, half of S.F. RO, maybe 500 or so S.F. state files and office is expecting Chicago RO files by the week before Christmas. Remaining state files will be coming in January '05 (pre-2003) and March '05 (2003-2004) transfer schedule still undetermined. Again, no priority will be placed on files until a response has been received from the employer or agent to the confirmation/45-day letter.

Thanks Icarus,
What does RO mean ? Does your answer mean that they are not going to process cases untill they enter all the cases and receive response / 45 days after they send the letter ?

Ro == Regional Office

RO == REGIONAL OFFICE....I hope that is correct.

Shudigidi said:
Thanks Icarus,
What does RO mean ? Does your answer mean that they are not going to process cases untill they enter all the cases and receive response / 45 days after they send the letter ?

Shudigidi said:
Thanks Icarus,
Yes...RO stands for Regional Office...No, cases will begin to be processed when the 45 day letters start to come back...data entry will continue as cases are forwarded from RO's :D and SWA's. Up to this point, the focus has been on data entry. But now that letters have begun to generate, BEC will split off sections of employees to handle RIR, TR, Prevailing Wage questions, etc., with a large group remaining to handle the Data Entry.

Icarus said:
Yes...RO stands for Regional Office...No, cases will begin to be processed when the 45 day letters start to come back...data entry will continue as cases are forwarded from RO's :D and SWA's. Up to this point, the focus has been on data entry. But now that letters have begun to generate, BEC will split off sections of employees to handle RIR, TR, Prevailing Wage questions, etc., with a large group remaining to handle the Data Entry.

ICarus,

I appreciate the information you provide in this forum. Can you confirm with your sources if any number of letters acutally got out ? We have been seeing message about the processing/printing the letters for last 10 days but seems like we have not received any confirmation.

thanks again

Hi ICarus,

My labor (RIR) was forwarded to Dallas Regional Office on Feb’14 2003. Right now Dallas Regional Office is processing Jan’ 2003 RIR applications (I guess this is same from Jan ‘2004 according status check). Can my employer/ Lawyer expect any letter from Dallas Backlog Elimination Center? If yes when I can expect to receive?

Let me try to guess:
the batch letter printing on Dec. 14~17 (Tue-Friday),
the letter sending out on Dec 15~18(Wed-Sat. Post office working time).
the earlier letter received by the lawyer/employer/agent:
on Dec 17,18, 20~23 (Dec 24 is Christmas holiday) 26~29 (if mail to S.F).

so the ealiest person who will get phone call from the lawyer/agent would be Dec 18,20~23, kind of Christmas gift, although it is only a confirmation/information letter, it is still a hope someone are taking care of our cases. so be patient until Dec 18 to post letter question (this is only my personal guess)

then only after 45 days (is business day or just relugar days?), they will process the applications based on L.O date (priority date, the date SWA received your case). it will be Feb 1st 2005. so I guess during the whole January we will discuss the contents of 45 letter. only after Feb, we will hear some positive approval.... :rolleyes:

have a nice afternoon..

Icarus said:

goverment offices ??

Dude, I work in the state government and let me tell you a pearl of advice. In government offices wherever they are in the world, things dont move that fast.

My HR people took 2.5 months to take a set of papers, put paper clips, find an envelope, put them in the envelope, put the envelope somewhere, upon my questioning do a search for the envelope, put a stamp on it and mail it.

lc4gc said:
Let me try to guess:
the batch letter printing on Dec. 14~17 (Tue-Friday),
the letter sending out on Dec 15~18(Wed-Sat. Post office working time).
the earlier letter received by the lawyer/employer/agent:
on Dec 17,18, 20~23 (Dec 24 is Christmas holiday) 26~29 (if mail to S.F).

so the ealiest person who will get phone call from the lawyer/agent would be Dec 18,20~23, kind of Christmas gift, although it is only a confirmation/information letter, it is still a hope someone are taking care of our cases. so be patient until Dec 18 to post letter question (this is only my personal guess)

then only after 45 days (is business day or just relugar days?), they will process the applications based on L.O date (priority date, the date SWA received your case). it will be Feb 1st 2005. so I guess during the whole January we will discuss the contents of 45 letter. only after Feb, we will hear some positive approval.... :rolleyes:

have a nice afternoon..

pragir said:
Dude, I work in the state government and let me tell you a pearl of advice. In government offices wherever they are in the world, things dont move that fast.

My HR people took 2.5 months to take a set of papers, put paper clips, find an envelope, put them in the envelope, put the envelope somewhere, upon my questioning do a search for the envelope, put a stamp on it and mail it.

Sorry not true in all state government offices :)

gp111 said:
ICarus,

I appreciate the information you provide in this forum. Can you confirm with your sources if any number of letters acutally got out ? We have been seeing message about the processing/printing the letters for last 10 days but seems like we have not received any confirmation.

thanks again
Letters sent out from Dallas BEC between 12/13-12/15 were in the neighborhood of 500-600. Responses have already been received from a local (DFW) attorney on letters sent two days ago :cool:

Icarus said:
Letters sent out from Dallas BEC between 12/13-12/15 were in the neighborhood of 500-600. Responses have already been received from a local (DFW) attorney on letters sent two days ago :cool:

thanks for ur updates. it is very valuable. i have some questions that i don't know if u can know about them but i will post them.

1-so now we can say letters started going out. so many people will soon begin receiving their letters. right?

2- once the letter is forwarded to BEC, the processing of the case will start? or people have to wait for another 45 days in order to begin hearing about processing? so by feb 1?

3-is the focus now more on RIR or regular cases processing? i mean those letters sent will they ber mostly for RIR cases or traditional?

thank u again.

antonioa77 said:
thanks for ur updates. it is very valuable. i have some questions that i don't know if u can know about them but i will post them.

1-so now we can say letters started going out. so many people will soon begin receiving their letters. right? yes, letters will continue to generate daily against the files currently in the system. This will continue as additional files are received and entered.

2- once the letter is forwarded to BEC, the processing of the case will start? or people have to wait for another 45 days in order to begin hearing about processing? so by feb 1? processing will start once a response has been received to the 45-day letter. This depends upon the employer/agent. Responses have been received to letters mailed two days ago.

3-is the focus now more on RIR or regular cases processing? i mean those letters sent will they ber mostly for RIR cases or traditional? Separate analysts will handle RIR vs. TR cases. No particular focus has been mandated, but a majority of cases received to date have been RIR. Each type will have its own FIFO queue for analysis after a response is received.

thank u again.

Thank you, Icarus

Do you mean most of cases received to date are RIR? So RIR queue will be longer?
But according to immigration-law.com, most of the cases are regular cases. This is from their 12/12 breaking news.

'However, it is evident that the largest number of cases fall under the category of "regular" labor certification applications of 245(i) benefit which were filed immediately prior to April 30, 2001.'

Last edited by a moderator:
lavendersummer said:
Do you mean most of cases received to date are RIR? So RIR queue will be longer?
But according to immigration-law.com, most of the cases are regular cases. This is from their 12/12 breaking news.

'However, it is evident that the largest number of cases fall under the category of "regular" labor certification applications of 245(i) benefit which were filed immediately prior to April 30, 2001.'

I would suspect that most Regular cases are stuck in SWAs where the supervised recruitment takes place so they have not reached the BECs yet.

RIR Dates?

Hi Icarus,
Thanks for all the info u r getting.
Are these letters going in any date order?
Is it ok to assume that the cases sent from SF to Dallas are RIRs?
Thanks again.

traveling in the US being OFS

Any suggestion would be helpfull , my friend is out of Status but filling LC which will take another 2 yrs before its approved and needs to travel with in the USA to NY during the Christmas for a family get together which is very important to him , he is a little concern about traveling (Air) since there is a high security check, he has nothing to worry about since he has a Valid DL but concern if he were asked any other question about his status etc .

Should he be worried ? he traveled in Aug and Oct of this year and he said everything was fine , but he heard something in the news about scaning some or everyone background to confirm if they are in status is that true , haven't heard anything of this sort.

let me know so he can proceed with his trip or should he cancel .

lavendersummer said:

Most of the cases received so far are RIR. But as the balance of RO's and the SWA's begin sending their backlogged cases, I'm sure that the numbers will begin to reflect the balance mentioned in the 12/12 update.

sarathynp said:
Hi Icarus,
Thanks for all the info u r getting.
Are these letters going in any date order?
Is it ok to assume that the cases sent from SF to Dallas are RIRs?
Thanks again.
Letters are not being sent out in any particular date order. Again, processing will depend upon how soon a response (if any) is received to the 45-day letter, the LO date on the cases where responses have been received, and whether the case is RIR or TR. Of the RO cases received from S.F. in the Dallas BEC, more are RIR than not. Sorry for the ambiguity, actual split is hard to determine at this point :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
lc4gc said:
wow :eek: sounds like 200 letters per day...
:( I am not one of 500/600 so far...my lawyer hasn't received anything..
at least here Icarus always has the updated info and keep giving us hopes. :) thanks.

If 500 cases from SF DOL have gone to Dallas BEC, any idea what dates that might cover - May 1st to ...?

Question??

My State got cleared and moved to Chic Regional Office In Feb 2004...
will my case be transfered to dallas BEC...Icarus do you have any info regarding how and when will the Chic DOL cases are moved to dallas.....

Thanks