Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Lisa_t said:
Hi Icarus, do you have information about these CA SWA cases? how did they pick up these cases? what are the Priority Date for these cases? Thank you.

also are these CA SWA cases RIR or non-RIR? thanks again.

Lisa_t said:
Hi Icarus, do you have information about these CA SWA cases? how did they pick up these cases? what are the Priority Date for these cases? Thank you.
The cases were being stored at the SF RO and were sent along with the RO backlog cases distributed between DAL and PHI. I seriously doubt if they represent a significant portion of the state backlog. It was like "since y'all are here taking these RO cases, go ahead and take these too". The state cases that were sent, all came to the DAL BEC. There is no rhyme or reason to the cases that were sent other than it looks like they all were CA cases. LO dates on the files range from 4/01 thru 2/04 with a few others outside this range for variety. They didn't have a paradox number since RO hadn't gotten to them yet, so for the time being until they're processed and a 45-day letter sent out, they will be difficult to track. They include both RIR and TR.

Thanks, Icarus. My RD in SF DOL is 06/2003. From your following post, I guess, my case is in Dallas BEC now. So, as what you've said previously, the letters will be sent out be the end of this month? The letters will include both of Dallas DOL and SF DOL backlog cases, right?

Icarus said:
cases received by DAL BEC from SF were in RD range of 5/03 to 9/04; Phil.BEC cases were mostly from period of 7/03 to 7/04. There were a few stragglers outside of these dates. The only way to be sure is to find out what the 45-day letter says when received by employer/attorney. (end of 11/04, hopefully)

Letters should begin to go out around the end of November(barring any further delay due to software shortcomings). As data entry is verified in the new DOL system(PBLS), letters will be generated and will include a mix of both Dallas and SF.

Icarus said:
The cases were being stored at the SF RO and were sent along with the RO backlog cases distributed between DAL and PHI. I seriously doubt if they represent a significant portion of the state backlog. It was like "since y'all are here taking these RO cases, go ahead and take these too". The state cases that were sent, all came to the DAL BEC. There is no rhyme or reason to the cases that were sent other than it looks like they all were CA cases. LO dates on the files range from 4/01 thru 2/04 with a few others outside this range for variety. They didn't have a paradox number since RO hadn't gotten to them yet, so for the time being until they're processed and a 45-day letter sent out, they will be difficult to track. They include both RIR and TR.

Thank you very much, Icarus. hmm...really wondering why those CA SWA cases were sitting there in DOL? well, guess all we can do is to wait for the letters sent out to identify those cases.

Need Help

Guys I had a question, I tried my Lawyer but she could not give a satisfactory reply, so here is the question anyway.

I have waited too long (almost 3 years with My GC and 5 years in my Job, don't want to wait any longer) for my GC. With BRC expected to work, I believe that in December letters will be sent and replied by the lawyers. I am going on Vacation from second week of Dec till second week of Jan. How will that absence hurt me (in that I will be late in applying for my I-140 and 485). Will the flood of I-14O and 485 submission (that will follow after Regional getting finished) make me very late in getting my EAD, Advance Parole and finally I-140 and 485??

Please advice and help.

rgds,
a

Worrysome Vacuum in Labor Certification Processing During Reorganization and Transition

There are already a huge backlog in the permanent labor certification applications. However, information suggests that the labor certification applications at both state level and regional level are caught up in the reorganization process and not moving ahead. This has lasted for a while. One wonders how this has affected the total number of the backlogs which had already exceeded 300,000. People should remember that a large number of the backlog cases involve regular applications that need a "supervised" recruitment process which is a very time-consuming process demanding involvement of huge resources in the newly created backlog reduction centers. Besides, when reorganization brings in new resources with the limited experience and training, the process and adjudication often experience black and white approach and create so-called "training issues." We have yet to see the quality of the performance of the new backlog reduction centers. Depending on the performance of these backlog reduction centers, the goal of backlog reduction may face a serious challenge. We hope to see these backlog centers move ahead very quickly and flexibly so that they are not caught up in another bureaucratic red tapes and floods of NOFs or unreasonable assessment letters or RFEs.

(thanks to www.immigration-law.com)

Dear Icarus,
thanks for your valuable input. I am kind of new in this forum. I ahve a question for u. My application was received in Dallas 4/19/04.( RIR,EB2) My lawyer got a email from Dallas that my file has been transfered to the new system. So every file has been transfered (Old and New) or only selected?
kindly help.
thanks

Not every existing file has been transferred to the BEC's. DOT still has several regional offices as well as two new ones in Atlanta and Chicago that will still process applications. Most of the files that have been received at the BEC's are at least a year old. So, the selection process was determined by the DOL to include cases older than an arbitrary date. (Someone else may be able to reference that date, I'm drawing a blank at the moment). Your attorney should be getting a letter soon from the BEC confirming his e-mail.

thanks Icarusss,

But my file is only 6 months old. PD 4/19/04 sent from Lousiana state office to regional(dallas). is it a good thing or bad thing for me? My lawyer sent them the email to find out the status of the application last week and Dallas responded back informing that my file has been transfered to new system.
Can u put some light on this
thanks

Icarus ! Need help

Lousiana state (PD): Jan 2002
Approved & sent to Dallas DOL (RD) - Apr 2003

DO you think this has been transferred to the BEC?If yes, when could I expect my file to be processed?

gp111 said:
Worrysome Vacuum in Labor Certification Processing During Reorganization and Transition

There are already a huge backlog in the permanent labor certification applications. However, information suggests that the labor certification applications at both state level and regional level are caught up in the reorganization process and not moving ahead. This has lasted for a while. One wonders how this has affected the total number of the backlogs which had already exceeded 300,000. People should remember that a large number of the backlog cases involve regular applications that need a "supervised" recruitment process which is a very time-consuming process demanding involvement of huge resources in the newly created backlog reduction centers. Besides, when reorganization brings in new resources with the limited experience and training, the process and adjudication often experience black and white approach and create so-called "training issues." We have yet to see the quality of the performance of the new backlog reduction centers. Depending on the performance of these backlog reduction centers, the goal of backlog reduction may face a serious challenge. We hope to see these backlog centers move ahead very quickly and flexibly so that they are not caught up in another bureaucratic red tapes and floods of NOFs or unreasonable assessment letters or RFEs.

(thanks to www.immigration-law.com)
This clearly indicates that the visa numbers are not going to retrogress any time soon. My guess is the BEC's may process about 5-10k apps each in the first batch and that may take 2-3 months from jan and another batch for the next 3-4 months after that.(based on their current speed) We will soon have 2006 quota available from oct 2005. Anybody wants to third guess.
--murali

Any option for me?

Does anybody knows the plan of Utah SWA (under Dallas BEC) to transfer RIR cases to BEC?

As per recent DOL memo, my application going to get backlogged in BEC if my state fail to completes my RIR application by end of this year. If this memo is not issued, there is a great chance of my LC get approved in Feb-2005. Because this memo indicates FIFO irrespective of state, my LC will be standing in end of the pipeline in Dallas as my PD is May-2004. It may take two years to clear all the backlogged LCs before mine.

Almost 50% of the states and RO process the application reasonably fast (Except TX, CA and some big states). This memo reverses the processing speed of all states in US instead of removing the backlogs nationwide. There willl be a reasonable amount of LCs from these states are going to get backlogged in BEC, unless DOL has different plan for states currently doing the streamlined LC processing.

Does DOL has different plan for these state LCs particularly RIR cases? I moved to this state at the tail end of my H1. If my case goes to BEC it will be a big setback for me.

Can I file a new RIR LC in Mar 2005, so that it will go to Chicago NPC and get approved soon? Any advise please...?

Thanks

My SF dol receipt date is Feb 04(RIR). An earlier post from ICarus said that cases from SF till 9-'04 have been transfered in this batch to the BECs. GC111 had said that 20 k cases probably means cases till Jan '04.
Any comments?
Thanks

Cases still in SFO AVM

I have two cases, one with an old employer with a recieved date of 05/03
and another one with SFO DOL rec date 0f 04/04

I can hear both the cases in AVM today,
But a week ago no messages,

was it returned back to SFO dol?

????

losing adavantage of labour certifications

Even if our labour certifications get cleared, what is the point of it. Priority dates for appplying I 485 are going back from Jan 05, that means unless the that is current, persons of EB3 from countires like India, China, philipines etc. may not be able to apply to the third stage. So labour certifications are useless and people need to maintain their jobs for several more years, if they want the green card.

Icarus

Any new information from your site? really expect to see your post...thanks for always giving us some hope..

read info from Philadephia forum, P-BEC will send the letters out on Nov 22 and process the application based on the priority date...wonder if it is true in D-BEC...

by the way, do you know the priority date for Dallas cases? I confused because the state received date in FLCdatacenter database is only two days earlier than regional received date....if that date counts as priority date, it would be horrible....it means all the LC applications lying 5-6 months in TWC would not be disappeared.....do you have any idea?

thanks......

lc4gc said:
Any new information from your site? really expect to see your post...thanks for always giving us some hope..

read info from Philadephia forum, P-BEC will send the letters out on Nov 22 and process the application based on the priority date...wonder if it is true in D-BEC...

by the way, do you know the priority date for Dallas cases? I confused because the state received date in FLCdatacenter database is only two days earlier than regional received date....if that date counts as priority date, it would be horrible....it means all the LC applications lying 5-6 months in TWC would not be disappeared.....do you have any idea?

thanks......
Speaking of...read today's posts to Phil forum.... :eek:
To address your questions: confirmation/45-day letter posting date is still iffy...cases were just dumped into PBLS from CAPS system on 11/19 and it looks a little scary. Not as clean a conversion as touted...salvageable, hopefully, but it's gonna be tedious. Hopefully, it will stop short of having to re-enter entire database of file information put into CAPS from 8/20 to 11/5. Not to metion last minute wrangling over letter wording, content, format, ad nauseum. Seriously, if any letters go out the door before the first of December, I'd be amazed. Delighted, but amazed. Lastly, priority dates used will be the Local Office received date. Once responses are received to 45-day/continuation confirmation letters, cases will be queued by TR and RIR, and analyzed in LO priority-date order by TR and RIR analysts, respectively.

I was told today by my sponsor that the BEC was no longer taking calls for specific cases and would only advise by Fax.This was apparently started two weeks ago.
Is this yet another way of stalling? seems to me that we had a better situation before at least things had moved and we could track it.Has anyone any idea what month Dallas is doing , I was told a month ago they were hoping to start Novembers.

Last edited by a moderator:
pabman_uk said:
I was told today by my sponsor that the BEC was no longer taking calls for specific cases and would only advise by Fax.This was apparently started two weeks ago.
Is this yet another way of stalling? seems to me that we had a better situation before at least things had moved and we could track it.Has anyone any idea what month Dallas is doing , I was told a month ago they were hoping to start Novembers.
I can only imagine the frustration compounded by so many different storys, theorys and opinions. I do know that delays, real or imagined, are not deliberate-at least at the case processing level. Can't speak for DOL policy or political/bureaucratic point of view.
Callers to the BEC are indeed being advised to contact their sponsor/employer or to their designated agent/attorney as those two parties are the only ones currently authorized to inquire as to case status. Although BEC's have been in existence since late August, the process of physically inventorying and transferring cases, re-entering the information in a new database, and working out software shortcomings in order to maintain case file integrity and produce a notification/45-day letter that isn't gibberish has been our first priority.
Other than data entry, actual "processing" of files, i.e. case analysis and certification has not yet occurred. This will not happen until responses to the confirmation/45-day letters begin to come back. As stated before in other forum posts, it is at this time that cases are prioritized by Local Office received date and queued for analysis by RIR or TR.