Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Icarus

:confused: I wonder what kind of letters they will send out? is it simple to ask if the employer still sponser the LC application? if yes, then they will start to process? or the person who input the data will review it to see if all the materials are complete and send the letter to ask for more information including if the employer will sponser the LC?

one of my friends' LC is Regular LC application filed in Dallas DOL in August 2001, he got the letter in Dec 2001 to response DOL they still keep sponser LC. but after 3 years....still nothing and he will get the similar letter again????

:confused:

it looks like Icarus is familiar with Dallas BEC, :) . it is good you can provide more information....do you know if they will have AVM so we can check the status??? the old DOL AVM 214-767-4975,214-767-9384 already down. and the live line, 214-767-4989, they only talk with lawyer or employer. not the LC applicants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Priority date

Icarus,
Thanks for all your information inputs. I know this question is kind of redundant but when you talk about applications being processed according to PD, what are you referrign to ? the date the application was recieved in the SWA or at the DOL regional office.
Thanks,
RN

lc4gc said:
:confused: I wonder what kind of letters they will send out? is it simple to ask if the employer still sponser the LC application? if yes, then they will start to process? or the person who input the data will review it to see if all the materials are complete and send the letter to ask for more information including if the employer will sponser the LC?

one of my friends' LC is Regular LC application filed in Dallas DOL in August 2001, he got the letter in Dec 2001 to response DOL they still keep sponser LC. but after 3 years....still nothing and he will get the similar letter again????

:confused:

it looks like Icarus is familiar with Dallas BEC, :) . it is good you can provide more information....do you know if they will have AVM so we can check the status??? the old DOL AVM 214-767-4975,214-767-9384 already down. and the live line, 214-767-4989, they only talk with lawyer or employer. not the LC applicants.
Once data entry has been completed from the trasferred file, 45-day letter is generated and sent to the employer/attorney. If the application is clean, this letter's only purpose is to notify that file has changed processing center and to confirm that application is still viable for employer/alien. If corrections are needed, 750A/B must be corrected and returned to BEC by end of 45 day period. If no response after 45 days to either viability or correction request, processing will cease and application will be inactivated. Once clean app. has been confirmed, processing will begin under RIR or Regular based on FIFO by local received date.
I'm unaware of any plans currently for an AVM for status inquiries. And you're correct that the live line will only talk with atty/employer. Will let you know if this changes.

RIRhouston said:
Icarus,
Thanks for all your information inputs. I know this question is kind of redundant but when you talk about applications being processed according to PD, what are you referrign to ? the date the application was recieved in the SWA or at the DOL regional office.
Thanks,
RN
Currently, the SWA (L.O. or Local Office) received date is being used. Unfortunately, as I'm sure everyone is painfully aware, this could change, but that is what is being used presently. Suggestions have been made to use R.O. date for those applications that have progressed that far and L.O. date for the rest, but potential inequities in using one date for some and another for the rest have been pointed out. This scenario arises when one state has a larger backlog than another and an application is filed prior to that in the faster processing state. This is where DOL/BEC got the idea of using FIFO to level the field and make an attempt at fairness. Obviously, if the applicant/ beneficiary is from the quicker state, this would be bad news. Decision probably won't be etched in stone until 45-day letters start to come back to the BEC and actual consideration of applications begins.

Thanks for the input, Icarus. You mean the letters have been mailed out from Dallas BEC? Do you know what the cased being processed come from?

Icarus said:
Once data entry has been completed from the trasferred file, 45-day letter is generated and sent to the employer/attorney. If the application is clean, this letter's only purpose is to notify that file has changed processing center and to confirm that application is still viable for employer/alien. If corrections are needed, 750A/B must be corrected and returned to BEC by end of 45 day period. If no response after 45 days to either viability or correction request, processing will cease and application will be inactivated. Once clean app. has been confirmed, processing will begin under RIR or Regular based on FIFO by local received date.
I'm unaware of any plans currently for an AVM for status inquiries. And you're correct that the live line will only talk with atty/employer. Will let you know if this changes.

I have read a number of times about this infamous letter from BEC in this forum. Have any one received such a letter yet? if not, do we even have any idea when this letter is supposedly being mailed?

JONNIE76 said:
I have read a number of times about this infamous letter from BEC in this forum. Have any one received such a letter yet? if not, do we even have any idea when this letter is supposedly being mailed?
45-day letters coming from Dallas BEC are currently slated to begin being sent out the week of 11/22/04. BEC's are in process of moving data from CAPS system into PBLC system that is administered by DOL. Once done, provided no computer glitches, letters will begin. Of course, this could all change by tomorrow---ahh, the joys...

Icarus said:
45-day letters coming from Dallas BEC are currently slated to begin being sent out the week of 11/22/04. BEC's are in process of moving data from CAPS system into PBLC system that is administered by DOL. Once done, provided no computer glitches, letters will begin. Of course, this could all change by tomorrow---ahh, the joys...

Icarus,
Thanks for your very informative and factual reports.

I have a SFO DOL RD of Mar'04 (PD Mar'03). Do you think my case moved to Philly or Dallas?

letters

Icarus,
That is the most solid info we have till now, thanks.
Wondering if these letters are for the Regular or RIR cases ?
Also what PD range are these letters being sent for ?
Hope lives !!
Thanks again

Icarus said:

RIRhouston said:
Icarus,
That is the most solid info we have till now, thanks.
Wondering if these letters are for the Regular or RIR cases ?
Also what PD range are these letters being sent for ?
Hope lives !!
Thanks again
The letters will be for both RIR and Regular (or TR-traditional recruitment), as things stand, when letters do get sent out, it will be over a short period of time as most Dallas DOL backlog has had data entry completed. Prioritizing by PD really won't take place until 45-day letter response is received and then it will be by SWA(L.O.)date. In theory, if I was an analyst working RIR, and was working on a case with LO date 3/04 for example, if a response came in for a case with a prior LO date, and I was the only analyst working RIR, I would work on the earlier case next. So, cases will be tracked by computer LO date entered, and will be prioritized for processing when 45-day letter receipt is entered.

DeshWasi said:
Thanks for the info , my dates are in 2003 not 2004 (I have edited my last post , sorry about that).So if they start on PD , I should be in the first lot , if on RD it may be a while before I hear anything from them...correct ?
FYI : My application is in RIR
cases received by DAL BEC from SF were in RD range of 5/03 to 9/04; Phil.BEC cases were mostly from period of 7/03 to 7/04. There were a few stragglers outside of these dates. The only way to be sure is to find out what the 45-day letter says when received by employer/attorney. (end of 11/04, hopefully)

Icarus: What does a kickback application mean ?

What does a kickback application mean ?

I thought I knew how the Labor /GC process worked but now I am thoroughly confused.
Here are some of my case details. Application was filed under RIR. I am a financial analyst in a multi national firm with no major layoffs.
Application sent to TWC : 8/2001
Some questions to Lawyer from TWC : 12/2001
Approved by TWC as per lawyer and sent to DOL Dallas: 3/2002
I had not heard anything from DOL since then. In 2003 I was told that probably my case wasnt going ahead fast because though approved by TWC it may have been non -recommended.
Now last Friday my lawyer called to inform me that he received a letter from Enterject and would be sending me some forms to sign which had to be returned within 45 days for the case to still be valid. I thought Enterject took TWC's place - so if my state labor was already approved by* TWC (though non-recomended) why is enterject asking questions. Shouldnt DOL be asking ?
When I asked my lawyer he told me*that my application could have been a DOL kickback ? what does DOL kickback mean ? Can anyone please let me know ?
If this time Enterject approves will it get priority at Dallas BEC or will it go end of the line ?
Appreciate your help.

unclear said:
Thanks for the input, Icarus. You mean the letters have been mailed out from Dallas BEC? Do you know what the cased being processed come from?
The cases currently in Dal BEC are the Dallas DOL Regional backlog, approximately half of the SF DOL Regional backlog and a handful of SF SWA cases. Data entry is continuing and, as stated in other posts, letters should begin being generated the last week of 11/04.

texancanadian said:
...Now last Friday my lawyer called to inform me that he received a letter from Enterject and would be sending me some forms to sign which had to be returned within 45 days for the case to still be valid. I thought Enterject took TWC's place - so if my state labor was already approved by* TWC (though non-recomended) why is enterject asking questions. Shouldnt DOL be asking ?
When I asked my lawyer he told me*that my application could have been a DOL kickback ? what does DOL kickback mean ? Can anyone please let me know ?
If this time Enterject approves will it get priority at Dallas BEC or will it go end of the line ?
Appreciate your help.
"Enterject" is not the contractor operating the BEC...it is possible that they are being used by Dallas RO to assist with processing of cases not sent to BEC.

Although the BEC's are obviously a part of the process, this pdf is an overview of the plan to reduce Immigration's backlog of applications in all their forms, not the Dept. of Labor's plan to reduce the backlog of Foreign Labor Certification applications.

Icarus said:
The cases currently in Dal BEC are the Dallas DOL Regional backlog, approximately half of the SF DOL Regional backlog and a handful of SF SWA cases. Data entry is continuing and, as stated in other posts, letters should begin being generated the last week of 11/04.

what do u mean by: handful of SF SWA cases? do u mean that BEC got some SWA loads and is entering them in the system? if so which states are involved? can u clarify?

thanks

antonioa77 said:
what do u mean by: handful of SF SWA cases? do u mean that BEC got some SWA loads and is entering them in the system? if so which states are involved? can u clarify?

thanks
The SWA files that were sent were add-ons to the RO shipment that went to Dallas. They have been inventoried, but have not been entered for processing yet as the RO cases are still being entered. The applications were from the state of CA.

Icarus said:
The SWA files that were sent were add-ons to the RO shipment that went to Dallas. They have been inventoried, but have not been entered for processing yet as the RO cases are still being entered. The applications were from the state of CA.

Hi Icarus, do you have information about these CA SWA cases? how did they pick up these cases? what are the Priority Date for these cases? Thank you.