Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Today, my online case status changed to Data Review. Earlier it was In Process for last 6 months. What does that mean? Is it good or bad?

Last edited by a moderator:
Me, too. It was In process this morning. I don't hear such things before. All my co-workers changed from In Process to Data Review directly. Not sure what is happening today. Mine is a remanded case and changed to RIR since Jan. 19. I hope that it means "soon will be certified"?

akam25 said:
Today, my online case status changed to Data Review. Earlier it was In Process was last 6 months. What does that mean? Is it good or bad?

finaly it is my turn now!!

when checked on line it showed certified! Lawyer received the notification!!

so now moving on to I-140.

This is a great place - many people devoting their time and helping rest of us to make journey easier.

Roma77, PBECKillingMe, Manwithnoname, coomaro, Sanjay41, txtramdream and many more countless people who took their time -- thanks a ton to all of you!

See you in I-140!!!

Some earlier posts indicate that you guys are very close to get certified (denied). An officer is literally working on your cases now.

bpc2001 said:
Me, too. It was In process this morning. I don't hear such things before. All my co-workers changed from In Process to Data Review directly. Not sure what is happening today. Mine is a remanded case and changed to RIR since Jan. 19. I hope that it means "soon will be certified"?

Online status showing " Certified "

Dallas BEC
PD : Oct 2004
Certified : Jan 30, 2007
EB 2 RIR
Case # : D-05214-66***

Papers Recd : Feb 8th 2007

Last edited by a moderator:
kaushiks said:
Our lawyer never emailed about the RIR conversion. The recruitment process was done in Nov/December and the RIR conversion packet was filed on Jan 17th 2007. The case started showing up as RIR in process from Jan 19th 2007. It was certified on Jan 24th 2007. Hope this clarifies your doubt :)

So you lawyer didn't email backlog center about the RIR-conversion request and the backlog center didn't sent your lawyer instructions about the recruitment advertizement ? But your lawyer just went ahead and did the recruitment and sent the result ? Was it sent by mail or email ? You said the package was filed on Jan 17th and the status showed as RIR on Jan 19th , so I assume it's email right ?

What I know is on Jan. 19th, many LCs (including mine) are changed from TR to RIR, whether you send conversion request or not. You cannot use logic/common sense to understand BEC.

Jan05 said:
So you lawyer didn't email backlog center about the RIR-conversion request and the backlog center didn't sent your lawyer instructions about the recruitment advertizement ? But your lawyer just went ahead and did the recruitment and sent the result ? Was it sent by mail or email ? You said the package was filed on Jan 17th and the status showed as RIR on Jan 19th , so I assume it's email right ?

MI case are moving faster ..

Hi ,

MI cases are moving faster.. Mine is EB3/MI/NOV 2003 .. My labour got approved last Friday ie., on Jan 26,2007.

Along with me , more than 15 MI cases approved from my office...
with different PD dates like 01/2004, 04/2004,06/2004,01/2005...

So MI folks .. just stay patient and wait for your day..
Good luck guys ...

willwin said:
Looks like MI cases are not moving as fast as most of the other States. Chinnu2004, is your case EB2 or EB3?

Certified

This is my first post on the forum. Please add my details to the tracker. Good luck to everyone!

--------------------------------
PD: 7/20/2004
Category: EB2/RIR
BEC: Dallas
Transferred from: CA
45 Day letter received: 5/26/2006
45 Day letter responded: 6/21/2006
Approval date: Around 1/25/2006

sms999 said:
Hi ,

MI cases are moving faster.. Mine is EB3/MI/NOV 2003 .. My labour got approved last Friday ie., on Jan 26,2007.

Along with me , more than 15 MI cases approved from my office...
with different PD dates like 01/2004, 04/2004,06/2004,01/2005...

So MI folks .. just stay patient and wait for your day..
Good luck guys ...

That's right, my case was approved as well. And my boss said that he received about ten other certifications for other guys. Hey, it might be that we work for the same company :) Mine is in Troy, MI

roma77 said:
That's right, my case was approved as well. And my boss said that he received about ten other certifications for other guys. Hey, it might be that we work for the same company :) Mine is in Troy, MI

Roma77, Heartiest Congratulations!!
You did a splendid job in providing the BEC processing speed. Good luck in your future stages.

Congratulations!!!!!

roma77 said:

roma77 said:

Congratulations! roma77. And good luck for your future stages!

MI/RIR
PD: June, 2004
45 Days Letter: May, 2006
Case: D-05195-XXXXX
IN PROCESS

I sincerely hoped that you are right. However, the status just changed back from "Data Review" to "In Process" again. I have a feeling that they are playing with me, like a cat is playing with a mouse.

How about akam25? Is your case status still "data Review"?

so_depressed said:
Some earlier posts indicate that you guys are very close to get certified (denied). An officer is literally working on your cases now.

Congrats

roma77 said:

Congrats roma77 and thanks for all the hard work and great spirit....

I recall some similar post describing exactly this case. The 'In Process' again is a good sign. The first 'In Process' is just pure shXt, default for every case. 'Date Review' means a real begin for your case, the second 'In Process' is really in progress. I believe you should feel good. By the way, please update us when this observation seems match what you really experienced so later guys can learn.

bpc2001 said:
I sincerely hoped that you are right. However, the status just changed back from "Data Review" to "In Process" again. I have a feeling that they are playing with me, like a cat is playing with a mouse.

How about akam25? Is your case status still "data Review"?

Just a stupid question . If the labour certificate is approved, does a person will have to file for H1B 7th extension ? At which stage, a person will not have to file H1B extension when the visa is due ?

Earliest a person does not have to file H1B extension is after he/she gets EAD. That requires filing at least 485. Till then, happy extensions.