Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

did not see any KS case cleared?

Of late I had not seen any KS case cleared from DBEC in this forum. Guys, keep us updated. As and when we see even a single case cleared from state our labor filed it give relief, that atleast some thing is happening at DBEC.

Approved

My HR informed me that they have received my approval. My labor was applied in the state of WA in Aug 2004.

Regards

My case changed to "in progress" today.

meng6917 said:
My case has also changed from in progress to data review, which is very dispointing. Anybody knows what this implies? What I can do?

Thanks a lot!

I just wrote a small java program that goes to the doleta website, submits numbers and parses the results. Here are my findings:

Case numbers:
From D-05194-21000 to D-05194-23000

From 2000 cases there were 913 with numbers available, from them:

CERTIFIED - 239 (26.2%)
CLOSED - 120 (13.1%)
DATA REVIEW - 22 (2.4%)
IN PROCESS - 435 (47.6%)
WITHDROWN - 97 (10.6%)

my case is among those, the PD is 06/2004 .

Can somebody please tell me what is the number structure? I remember a post here but can't find it. I want to write a program that will try to get all the numbers (or a large amount of them) and see how many are processed a day (or a week, if it takes too long to run). It took me about ~5 minutes to run this program, but it could be done faster if I make it multythreaded and exclude the numbers that are not in the system.

roma77 said:
I just wrote a small java program that goes to the doleta website, submits numbers and parses the results. Here are my findings:

Case numbers:

CERTIFIED - 239 (26.2%)
CLOSED - 120 (13.1%)
DATA REVIEW - 22 (2.4%)
IN PROCESS - 435 (47.6%)
WITHDROWN - 97 (10.6%)

my case is among those, the PD is 06/2004 .

Can somebody please tell me what is the number structure? I remember a post here but can't find it. I want to write a program that will try to get all the numbers (or a large amount of them) and see how many are processed a day (or a week, if it takes too long to run). It took me about ~5 minutes to run this program, but it could be done faster if I make it multythreaded and exclude the numbers that are not in the system.

Hi, roma77,

Nice job!!! I remembered somebody mentioned the first two digits are the year (05 is 2005), and the following 3 digits are the days pending (194 means the RD date should be June, 13). But I might be wrong.

Could you please also check the D-05195-2XXXX range? Thanks a lot!!

D-05195-2XXXX
MI/EB2
PD: June, 2004
45 Letters: May, 2006
IN PROCESS

Last edited by a moderator:
panpangc said:
Hi, roma77,

Nice job!!! I remembered somebody mentioned the first two digits are the year (05 is 2005), and the following 3 digits are the days pending (194 means the RD date should be June, 13). But I might be wrong.

D-05195-2XXXX
MI/EB2
IN PROCESS

Thanks.

I checked from 25000 to 27000
here are the results:

Code:
CERTIFIED Count		435	35.45232274
CLOSED Count		180	14.66992665
DATA REVIEW Count	27	2.200488998
DENIED Count		3	0.244498778
IN PROCESS Count	489	39.85330073
WITHDRAWN Count		93	7.579462103
Grand Count		1227

I'll try to come up with a program that writes the data into the db, so you can keep track of what is happening with cases. I will probably go through all numbers at first and on subsequent requests I will only query ones that have a number.
One problem is to see where does it stop - it doesn't look like it goes to 99999, in my case D-05194 it went up to 22075, there were no numbers after that. I guess I'll just count the unsuccessfull attempts and go to the next day if I encounter more then, say, 100 cases with no numbers.

roma77 said:
Thanks.

I checked from 25000 to 27000
here are the results:

Code:
CERTIFIED Count		435	35.45232274
CLOSED Count		180	14.66992665
DATA REVIEW Count	27	2.200488998
DENIED Count		3	0.244498778
IN PROCESS Count	489	39.85330073
WITHDRAWN Count		93	7.579462103
Grand Count		1227

I'll try to come up with a program that writes the data into the db, so you can keep track of what is happening with cases. I will probably go through all numbers at first and on subsequent requests I will only query ones that have a number.
One problem is to see where does it stop - it doesn't look like it goes to 99999, in my case D-05194 it went up to 22075, there were no numbers after that. I guess I'll just count the unsuccessfull attempts and go to the next day if I encounter more then, say, 100 cases with no numbers.

Thanks much for your quick reply! You are so nice! I am in the range that you have just checked. We will wait to see your program. Cool!!!

panpangc

well done.

roma77 said:

Case numbers:

CERTIFIED - 239 (26.2%)
CLOSED - 120 (13.1%)
DATA REVIEW - 22 (2.4%)
IN PROCESS - 435 (47.6%)
WITHDROWN - 97 (10.6%)

Hi roma77,

Very nice job. However, I am curious about the certified rate. I personally track the numbers from D-05004-09001 to D-05004-09999, there were about 819 with info available, from them the rate of certified is about 80%. Could you please run your program and testify my results?

Thank you so much for your help.

Changing Education requirement on Pending Labor Application

My employer wants to relax the education requirement on my pending labor certification from "Masters in Computer Science" to "Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent". Do you think that DOL will allow it (it is a TR case and no recruitment has been done so far)? If yes, then do you know the procedure. Thanks so much guys.

BECguy said:
Hi roma77,

Very nice job. However, I am curious about the certified rate. I personally track the numbers from D-05004-09001 to D-05004-09999, there were about 819 with info available, from them the rate of certified is about 80%. Could you please run your program and testify my results?

Thank you so much for your help.

I think the certification level depends on the number, here is the data for your range:

Code:
 CERTIFIED	656	80.1
 CLOSED		20	2.44
 DATA REVIEW	3	0.37
 DENIED		7	0.85
 IN PROCESS	99	12.09
 WITHDRAWN	34	4.15

P.S. there was a bug in my program, I missed some of the cases because I didn't put leading zeros. But the percentage should be almost the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
panpangc said:
Hi, roma77,

D-05195-2XXXX
MI/EB2
IN PROCESS

HI Roma77,

What you have done is really great!

My version of the number structure is that the first 2 digits represent the year and the last 3 is the days from the first day of the year when the batch was received. Since the older Applications were sent first in the first batch in 2004, then, we can safely deduce estimated FIFO list that was to be followed.

Can I suggest an enhancement? ... Now that you have the number structure, can you try and retieve all the numbers from the estimated time the first box was recieved at D-BEC and group them by the YYDDD number so we can monitor the "FIFO" process? Likewise, we can predict what batch(es) D-BEC is working on and what is lagging based on the daily/weekly statistical figures and what is the daily run rate for actioned applications...

Way to go ROMA77!!! Now we are seeing some light....

Thanks!!!

CALabor2003 said:
HI Roma77,

What you have done is really great!

My version of the number structure is that the first 2 digits represent the year and the last 3 is the days from the first day of the year when the batch was received. Since the older Applications were sent first in the first batch in 2004, then, we can safely deduce estimated FIFO list that was to be followed.

Can I suggest an enhancement? ... Now that you have the number structure, can you try and retieve all the numbers from the estimated time the first box was recieved at D-BEC and group them by the YYDDD number so we can monitor the "FIFO" process? Likewise, we can predict what batch(es) D-BEC is working on and what is lagging based on the daily/weekly statistical figures and what is the daily run rate for actioned applications...

Way to go ROMA77!!! Now we are seeing some light....

Thanks!!!

I did some analysis. So far my discoveries are:
1. Dbec started on 04 257 or around that time.
2. the numeration seems to be continious through the days (if it stopped at 01200 on 257 it will start at 01201 on the 258).
3. Sometimes numbers go back a little (a thousand or so) on the next day. Looks like they were given in batches.
4. Sometimes the numeration gets reset and starts from 0.
5. Looks like there are quite a lot of unassigned numbers.

I run the program with the step of 1000 and here are the results (I am attaching them to this message).

it took 2881 seconds (~48 minutes) to parse ~11000 requests. So, if I have right boundaries of cases I will need to parse ~ 350 000 responses. It takes about 1/3 of a second per response now, so it will take about 32 hours to get them all.
After that I can only parse non-certified cases (I guess there are 70-150 thousands of them). it will take about 6-12 hours. If I make my program 2 times faster it will only take 3-6 hours which seems reasonable. I guess I'll run it pretty soon, wait for the results :D

coolz said:
kev: did you lawyer contacted them via phone or email.
my lawyer said he will try to contact but don't know how. and he said he will let me know and i 'vn't heard anything from him yet.

if anything comes to your end pls. notify me so i can keep track of mine and will do the same for you.

thanks
Coolz/Kevin James: Please help me also. Like you guys my BEC case status shows "WITHDRAWN" since yesterday morning. Its EB3 NON-RIR Oct 2002 case and my new PERM case is EB2 Aug 2005 which is approved. Both the cases are for different positions but for the same company.

Question On 7th year and LC

Thank you all for your support.
I have one more question that If I go and get H1-Extension for 7th year and LC is got denied. In that situation do I need to go back to home country immeditaly or I can stay still H1 expires i.e the full one year of 7th year approval expiration.

I appreciate everyone in the forum whoever supporting with their great suggestions.

:confused:

chinnu2004 said:
Thank you all for your support.
I have one more question that If I go and get H1-Extension for 7th year and LC is got denied. In that situation do I need to go back to home country immeditaly or I can stay still H1 expires i.e the full one year of 7th year approval expiration.

I appreciate everyone in the forum whoever supporting with their great suggestions.

:confused:
No Need to get confused. Once H1 is approved you are approved to work legally till for that 7th year extn approval date. Only thing you won't get 8th year extension in case labor is denied. Hope that situation will not come.

Question on NOF

:confused: Thanks somuch srsin.
I have not beeen told by the lawyer any word till now how they are gong to handle NOF on salary, I have one more question as follows " Is it guarentee letter from employer to give the PW is sufficient or the employer has to hike the salary immediately to rebut the NOF.

Immi-Seeker and panpac already has given light but in immi-seeker case he meets the PW so i am not sure what exactly employer/lawyer has to do now.

I appreciate your extended support in all these days.

Thanks in advance :confused:

Very very nice work done by ROMA77

Hi Roma77,

You did an excellent work and they are 100% match to my findings for D-05004-09XXX. I have tracked these 819 IDs for a month, and found that 28 IDs got certified so far from 09/22/06.
With the help of your work on monitoring the entire In-Process IDs, we can definite have an idea about how fast BEC is working on those cases. And hope we all can free from this prison ASAP. :) :)

Anu Guessses

My PD is 10/01/2003 (d-05188-XXXXX) , filed from MI. Any one in this nieghborhood? or any guru's any clue what is the time frame I should be looking for this to get through???

Thanks in advance for any insight ...

Stop overloading DOL website immediately

roma77 said:
I did some analysis. So far my discoveries are:
1. Dbec started on 04 257 or around that time.
2. the numeration seems to be continious through the days (if it stopped at 01200 on 257 it will start at 01201 on the 258).
3. Sometimes numbers go back a little (a thousand or so) on the next day. Looks like they were given in batches.
4. Sometimes the numeration gets reset and starts from 0.
5. Looks like there are quite a lot of unassigned numbers.

I run the program with the step of 1000 and here are the results (I am attaching them to this message).

ROMA77,
Don't do this stupid program checks on the DOL status website for 2 reasons:
1. It's Illeagal to check other's information on Government sites.
2. It's illeagal to overload a government site with unnecessary queries.
I think you can be prosecuted for doing this.
Also, why do you overload the website with automatic program slowing it down and Deny other's who wants check their status.
Your statistics are flawed anyway...given the volume of cases they have.