Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

roma77 said:
it took 2881 seconds (~48 minutes) to parse ~11000 requests. So, if I have right boundaries of cases I will need to parse ~ 350 000 responses. It takes about 1/3 of a second per response now, so it will take about 32 hours to get them all.
After that I can only parse non-certified cases (I guess there are 70-150 thousands of them). it will take about 6-12 hours. If I make my program 2 times faster it will only take 3-6 hours which seems reasonable. I guess I'll run it pretty soon, wait for the results :D

Great job ! Keep it up and don't look at someone's discouraging comments. It is illegal to mentally harrase thousands of family for years just because they don't have proper process.

roma77 said:
I did some analysis. So far my discoveries are:
1. Dbec started on 04 257 or around that time.
2. the numeration seems to be continious through the days (if it stopped at 01200 on 257 it will start at 01201 on the 258).
3. Sometimes numbers go back a little (a thousand or so) on the next day. Looks like they were given in batches.
4. Sometimes the numeration gets reset and starts from 0.
5. Looks like there are quite a lot of unassigned numbers.

I run the program with the step of 1000 and here are the results (I am attaching them to this message).

Can you send Java program to me?

waitingGCard said:
My lawyer contacted BEC today through their internal communication arrangements. I will post my response once I will hear from them.
I also have my PERM approved in 2006.
Thanks
Cooz/Kevin James/WaitingGCard: Please post any update regarding the WITHDRAWN status issue. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the new PERM case as all of us have an approved PERM case. Should we start a seperate thread for this issue?

roma77 said:
it took 2881 seconds (~48 minutes) to parse ~11000 requests. So, if I have right boundaries of cases I will need to parse ~ 350 000 responses. It takes about 1/3 of a second per response now, so it will take about 32 hours to get them all.
After that I can only parse non-certified cases (I guess there are 70-150 thousands of them). it will take about 6-12 hours. If I make my program 2 times faster it will only take 3-6 hours which seems reasonable. I guess I'll run it pretty soon, wait for the results :D

Roma:

Neat work ! Way to go. Could you possibly check dates in the 05221-93XXX range when you get a chance.

Thanks.

PD: Feb 12 2004
RIR, TX
45 day letter: July 2006

easygoing,
i'ven't heard anything from my lawyer yet. he also tells me wait till we recieve the documents from labor stating our withdrawn so i'm just waiting for it. he told me that he already emailed them as well. so lets see.
i'm waiting for a week or two after that i'll have to bug him harder. i think there might either be mistake or something as we all see the same situation here.
lets hope for the best and will definitely share with you all once i get update.

thanks

Coolz: My attorney is on vacation for a week or so and I am too restless about this issue. I talked to my HR people and they are ready to write an email to Dallas BEC. I am not able to decide to ask them to write about the PERM case at all or just write a simple email stating that they replied to 45 days letter and case should not be WITHDRAWN. May be talking about PERM case is giving too much information and making the case more complicated.

immihelpee said:
ROMA77,
Don't do this stupid program checks on the DOL status website for 2 reasons:
1. It's Illeagal to check other's information on Government sites.
2. It's illeagal to overload a government site with unnecessary queries.
I think you can be prosecuted for doing this.
Also, why do you overload the website with automatic program slowing it down and Deny other's who wants check their status.
Your statistics are flawed anyway...given the volume of cases they have.

Did you notice any slowness of the website recently? I don't see any changes for the time of response.
I don't know where you you get your ideas about legality/illegality, but I don't think there is anything illigal about gathering statistics.
And it could be quite accurate.

Roma77, just a friendly advice.

Roma77,

Your analysis is very interesting and I'm eagerly waiting to see when you have the full result. My number is D-04301-2XXXX and I'd love to see how they are doing for the cases in that neighborhood.

One quick piece of advice, if you choose to use it. I know nothing about the legality of this program, I'm not a lawyer and don't play one on the TV. I only have a technical input based on my experience with other sites. I don't expect DoL to be doing a great job in monitoring the server performance and hence I believe, it is unlikely that they will track you or block you from accessing the machine. That will be my guess; unless or until you create a problem for them. You clearly don't want to use multi-threading and put load on this site. Because, there is a high likelyhood that you will crash their server with load (I have experienced it first hand on a retail client website. I was doing it under a business understanding with them of course). If that happens, some one will clearly go looking at the log and may very well black-list your IP address.

A standard way for this type of web-crawling (it's pretty common on retail websites for comparison shopping or event tickets search websites) is to use a "politeness" factor. This means, they typically give 5-10 seconds between each request so that server can continue to function normally. I think, a minimum of 5 second delay will do you well. We can all wait for that program to finish (may be a week?) and look at the data as opposed to having you black listed and losing all this insight. Another piece of advise is "do not distribute your program". This can be a real issue and would be very similar to the "Denial of Service" attack worm/virus that is spread over the Net.

Having said all that, I'd love to get the information for my range of numbers, when you get a chance. Thanks.

Great effort

Hi Roma,
Thanks for your great effort.
While doing the complete PDS database query list the numbers that are in “INPROSSES” and “DATA REVIEW” state. So that next time after a month when you query again just need to check the status of only those cases.

LC2005

Appreciate your help

Dear all,

I know this is not right forum for this. But I would like to know if anybody faced same situation or know somebody faced same situation. If yes, how to handle this situation.

I am on 8th year extension and got my labor approved recently.

My wife is going for H4 visa stamping in India at Chennai consulate.
As I am not travelling with her and as I am principal applicant do I need to give her my H1 I-797 notice of approval ORIGINAL? Or can she carry copy of it? She is carrying her H4 original.
If I give her my ORIGINAL H1 I-797, is there any problem for me to stay in USA without H1 document?

Also visa in my passport has expired. What is the risk of my wife's H4 visa stamping, if I give copy of my passport with out valid H1 visa?

Thanks,
panjan04

panjan04 said:
Dear all,

I know this is not right forum for this. But I would like to know if anybody faced same situation or know somebody faced same situation. If yes, how to handle this situation.

As I am not travelling with her and as I am principal applicant do I need to give her my H1 I-797 notice of approval ORIGINAL? Or can she carry copy of it? She is carrying her H4 original.
If I give her my ORIGINAL H1 I-797, is there any problem for me to stay in USA without H1 document?

Also visa in my passport has expired. What is the risk of my wife's H4 visa stamping, if I give copy of my passport with out valid H1 visa?

Thanks,
panjan04

Hi Panjan,
You need to give her a photo copy of your H1 and photocopy of your passport as well. Don't give her your Original I-797, you can get the photocopy of your I-797 notarized and give it to your wife to take it with her. You may want to give her photocopies of your W2 returns for last 2 years and last 3 pay stubs to be safe.
My 2 cents..
-GCCovet.

Last edited by a moderator:
panjan04 said:
Dear all,

Thanks,
panjan04

Please go through the following link: http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/work_visas_h_l.html
The consulate encourages stamping of the principal applicant along with it's dependants. Also please read the bottom of the page for documentation.

As an alternative, did you considered getting a stamping (with your family) in Canada/Mexico?

Hi, Coolz / Kevin,
I am at the same situation as yours. My online status was changed to "Withdrawn" from "In Process" today. I do have a approved PERM.
In weekly basis, I checked In-process cases among 400 cases around my case number. Today, 9 cases are changed to "withdrawn" from "In process".
I already sent email to the lawyer but haven't got respose yet.
I guess recently, BEC and PERM are starting communication in a bad way - it doesn't consider the difference of both positions.

PD: 03/25/2005
ETA: D-05215-7xxxx
45-letter: July, 2006
State: CA

H4 stamping documents

If the H1 visa holder is not going for stamping it is enough to provide notorized copy of primary applicant's I797 to the dependents visa stamping. You do not need to give the original. It is clearly mentioned in the link provided by manwithnoname.

manwithnoname said:
Please go through the following link: http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/work_visas_h_l.html
The consulate encourages stamping of the principal applicant along with it's dependants. Also please read the bottom of the page for documentation.

As an alternative, did you considered getting a stamping (with your family) in Canada/Mexico?

Get-me-GC said:
Roma77,

Your analysis is very interesting and I'm eagerly waiting to see when you have the full result. My number is D-04301-2XXXX and I'd love to see how they are doing for the cases in that neighborhood.

One quick piece of advice, if you choose to use it. I know nothing about the legality of this program, I'm not a lawyer and don't play one on the TV. I only have a technical input based on my experience with other sites. I don't expect DoL to be doing a great job in monitoring the server performance and hence I believe, it is unlikely that they will track you or block you from accessing the machine. That will be my guess; unless or until you create a problem for them. You clearly don't want to use multi-threading and put load on this site. Because, there is a high likelyhood that you will crash their server with load (I have experienced it first hand on a retail client website. I was doing it under a business understanding with them of course). If that happens, some one will clearly go looking at the log and may very well black-list your IP address.

A standard way for this type of web-crawling (it's pretty common on retail websites for comparison shopping or event tickets search websites) is to use a "politeness" factor. This means, they typically give 5-10 seconds between each request so that server can continue to function normally. I think, a minimum of 5 second delay will do you well. We can all wait for that program to finish (may be a week?) and look at the data as opposed to having you black listed and losing all this insight. Another piece of advise is "do not distribute your program". This can be a real issue and would be very similar to the "Denial of Service" attack worm/virus that is spread over the Net.

Having said all that, I'd love to get the information for my range of numbers, when you get a chance. Thanks.

Thanks for the advices. I don't plan to distribute the program and I don't want to break the service.

The update on the status - I am going through DBEC right now, it takes more time then I anticipated at first because the numbers are spread through days.
I went up to 04 300 so far. My guess is that it will take a week or two to gather the cases. I then plan to only query on the cases that are not certified or withdrawn or closed (I might want to look at withdrawn or closed to see if there is a change in those cases).

I'll keep you updated.

I got the NOF on wage too.
Have a question.
If we need to provide the rebutal saying the current wage meets the requirement. Are we using the current wage comparing to the prevailing wage the year we filed the labor, like mine was filed in 2002.
Or we need to use current wage comparing to current prevailing wage?
Please help.

change of employer

guys i know this is wrong thread but i dont know where to go, can anybody tell me when can i change my employer? I filed I-140 in sep.

anu.sonti said:
guys i know this is wrong thread but i dont know where to go, can anybody tell me when can i change my employer? I filed I-140 in sep.

You can change the employer anytime but that will reset your GC process. However, if the I-140 from the existing employer gets approved, then you can carry the Priority date in the future GC process. This assumes that the I-140 is not revoked by your current employer.

On the other hand, if you change employer after I-485 is pending for more than 6 months, and I-140 is approved (preferably), then there wont be any impact on the existing GC process. The new job should be of the same nature as the existing one.