Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

What is the trackin number

bluetaurean76 said:
Hello Everyone:

I have been a spectator for a long time. Finally some good news!

Good luck for everyone who is still waiting in the line....

Here is my tracker:

PD: 03/2005
Category: EB3/RIR
45 DL Received: 06/2006
45 DL Replies: 06/2006
Case Certified: 09/2006

Hi Bluetaurean,

can you mention you 5 or 7 digits of your tracking number.

Thanks,
ajkish

Prevailing wage?

Does any one know what is the Prevailing wage for EB2 and EB3 category. Since lot of you already had your screen shot, you would be definetly knowing the prevailing wages. My company told me that I was filed in EB2 category and in my screen shot it doesnot say anywhere its EB2 or EB3. Prevailing wage in my screen shot is $57540 per annum. Is this the wage for EB3 or EB2.

I asked my company, proof of my labor filing papers but HR rouges don't give me those papers.

Zgreen said:
Wow, looks like yours is closed again. You might want to ask your attorney to call the 202 # (you can search for it in this thread). It is a legit DOL number and many people have received valuable info through it. But if your lawyer is unwilling to call - they have weird reasons - you can wait a few more days for the closure notice to arrive.

It is hard to speculate on what was the reason for the second closure, but hopefully it is just missing some information from you or better yet, another BEC mistake. Hang in there buddy, we've all been through tough times.
Thanks. the only thing I can do is pray. do you know they have SOP (standard operation procdure). I mean that different officer has their own standard to process case.

Lc - Eb2-eb3

Hi,
Below is your answers :-

Prevailing wages are based upon location of your job(County based). Eb2 or Eb3 is determined at time of I-140. If the advertisement placed was Masters + 2 years, or Bachelors + 5 years of experience in the News paper and your LC was applied based upon that and it got cleared. You will be eligible to file in Eb2. If not Eb3.

Best way to file Eb3 for 3 year degree ppl is to run an advertisement which says Associate degree + 2-3 years of experience. And then file I-140 as Eb3. Nebraska will not reject any I-140 petition.

Thanks,
K

justlc said:
Does any one know what is the Prevailing wage for EB2 and EB3 category. Since lot of you already had your screen shot, you would be definetly knowing the prevailing wages. My company told me that I was filed in EB2 category and in my screen shot it doesnot say anywhere its EB2 or EB3. Prevailing wage in my screen shot is $57540 per annum. Is this the wage for EB3 or EB2.

I asked my company, proof of my labor filing papers but HR rouges don't give me those papers.

To immi_seeker

Mine is D-05132-1**** and PD June 2001 non-rir still waiting.
Can you predict something based on the first 5 digits ?

Thanks

Immi_Seeker said:
what are the first 5 digits of the ETA.

elaborate please

Kanjoos said:
Hi,
Below is your answers :-

Prevailing wages are based upon location of your job(County based). Eb2 or Eb3 is determined at time of I-140. If the advertisement placed was Masters + 2 years, or Bachelors + 5 years of experience in the News paper and your LC was applied based upon that and it got cleared. You will be eligible to file in Eb2. If not Eb3.

Best way to file Eb3 for 3 year degree ppl is to run an advertisement which says Associate degree + 2-3 years of experience. And then file I-140 as Eb3. Nebraska will not reject any I-140 petition.

Thanks,
K

Can you elaborate on this. i am also in the same situation.My LC is based on Bachelors+5 years+4 months experience as minimum req but it also has details of my masters and experience gained after that. Also it has job experience of mine from being a project executive to training executive to systems analyst and then sr systems analyst.Will this is be EB2/EB3 .My HR told me my case is eb3 but looking at the application i feel it is eb2 . i am eager to know as i can file 140/485 together and file for ead/ap.in case it is eb2.Any inputs.Thanks in advance.

Additional info

mma0604 said:
Did you have the BS +5 years experience at the time of filing the LC? if yes, did you gain the experience in the company that filed your LC or elsewhere?

I had BS+5 yrs experience before i joined the company.by the time i filed LC i had BS+MS+5 yrs experience. But they filed LC for BS +5 yrs.Any inputs which category it will be .It was advertised as RIR.The job experience is progressive i had more responsibilities by the end of 5 yrs compared to my start of experience.Thats what is the pre requisite for EB2 i heard. Also the LC application has details of my MS. why is it required if the job doesnt need a MS. is it to determine the category in 140.Any inputs. Thanks in advance.

Chocolate said:
I had BS+5 yrs experience before i joined the company.by the time i filed LC i had BS+MS+5 yrs experience. But they filed LC for BS +5 yrs.Any inputs which category it will be .It was advertised as RIR.The job experience is progressive i had more responsibilities by the end of 5 yrs compared to my start of experience.Thats what is the pre requisite for EB2 i heard. Also the LC application has details of my MS. why is it required if the job doesnt need a MS. is it to determine the category in 140.Any inputs. Thanks in advance.

If they advertised the BS+5 years as a *minimum requirement* for the position in RIR, then you should be able to claim EB2. You cannot use the MS degree or subsequent experience for EB2 because they came after filing the LC.

Additional info

mma0604 said:
If they advertised the BS+5 years as a *minimum requirement* for the position in RIR, then you should be able to claim EB2. You cannot use the MS degree or subsequent experience for EB2 because they came after filing the LC.

I did my MS 5 years ago even before i joined the company.Some experience shown in LC is before MS and some experience after it.Can i claim EB2. I only try to reason out before i ask my lawyer to file in EB2. for next stages.Any inputs.

Chocolate said:
I did my MS 5 years ago even before i joined the company.Some experience shown in LC is before MS and some experience after it.Can i claim EB2. I only try to reason out before i ask my lawyer to file in EB2. for next stages.Any inputs.

It all depends what the minimum requirement was in the advertisement. For example, If it was BS+2 years, you are EB3 even if you had a Doctorate degree. Ask your employer about how they advertised the position.

Info

mma0604 said:
It all depends what the minimum requirement was in the advertisement. For example, If it was BS+2 years, you are EB3 even if you had a Doctorate degree. Ask your employer about how they advertised the position.

Minimum req for the job was BS+5 years +4 months.for that my experience of 5 years 4 months were shown some was before MS one was after MS. Also it can be seen progressive as i was only an executive for 1 1/2 years and later i was a software analyst later promoted.The position doesnt show my MS but it was listed along with my BS.the only criteria taken into consideration is my job experience which was shown for 5 years +4 months.It was advertised as RIR.Any inputs.

Helpful info

mma0604 said:
You can claim EB2 if minimum req was BS+5.

Thanks.But my HR is insisting the case is EB3 although the lawyer said that it will be EB2.I am stuck as to how to resolve this to result in EB2 as dates for me are current if it EB2 and i can file for next stages concurrently and get ead/ap.what should be my approach in this case. Any inputs.

Chocolate said:
Thanks.But my HR is insisting the case is EB3 although the lawyer said that it will be EB2.I am stuck as to how to resolve this to result in EB2 as dates for me are current if it EB2 and i can file for next stages concurrently and get ead/ap.what should be my approach in this case. Any inputs.

Well..apparently your HR does'nt know much about immigration law. If the minimum requirement is BS +5 or MS+0, it's EB2. Very simple. I really don't know what to tell you.

Very true.

mma0604 said:
Well..apparently your HR does'nt know much about immigration law. If the minimum requirement is BS +5 or MS+0, it's EB2. Very simple. I really don't know what to tell you.

thanks for your valuable input.Yes HR also told me get ready to file for 140 thinking i am from retro country. Yes my passport is from a retro country but i was born in non retro country.But that was enough to worry me for awhile.
Anyway hoping for the best .once again thanks for your input.

You need to check one more thing which is prevailing wage, did you check that.

Chocolate said:
thanks for your valuable input.Yes HR also told me get ready to file for 140 thinking i am from retro country. Yes my passport is from a retro country but i was born in non retro country.But that was enough to worry me for awhile.
Anyway hoping for the best .once again thanks for your input.

:) I am not a Soothsayer !!! ;)

Well, I am trying to establish some pattern...but obviously BEC is unpredictable.

Even though your case is June 2001 it has the Case # which is later than lot of 2003/04/05 cases. I have seen lot of 2004 (second-half) cases getting cleared which have case # less than mine. So , may be it was entered in the system before mine.

My observations (and again these are not consistent) :

1. More # of EB3 cases with RIR are getting cleared first.
2. The PD does not matter ...check out the case #.

Two reasons:
1. TR cases will receive NOF for advt. so RIR has better chance to get cleared first.
2. Lot of EB2 cases are getting NOF on salary . Even though today you might be getting same salary as PW but since it was applied 2-3 years before , the salary in the LC application may not match/comparable to PW. So you can get an NOF.

pdjune2001 said:
Mine is D-05132-1**** and PD June 2001 non-rir still waiting.
Can you predict something based on the first 5 digits ?

Thanks

Is this a possible Prevailing Wage requirement?

Could you please help confirm one thing for me? I recently receive a NOF (Notice of Findings) from Dallas BEC telling that my salary does not meet their Prevailing Wage requirement (PWR).

I looked up the DOL wage library:
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/OesWizardStart.aspx

and found that the Prevailing Wage number DOL put on my case is based on their 2003 survey. However for my position, the prevailing wage number from the 2006 survey is about 10K lower than that from the 2003 survey, so I will be qualified now. My attorney and I believe this is a DOL/BEC entry error, since they did not update my case with this newer prevailing wage number of 2006. They SHOULD use 2006 PWR to adjudicate the RIR at current adjudication time, instead of the one at filing time of 2003.

Could anybody give me a second opinion or help confirm with your attorney? After waiting for almost 4 years, I am desperate now. Thank you so much!

info needed

jewelhaque said:
You need to check one more thing which is prevailing wage, did you check that.

Yes my labor meets the prevailing wage.I got it from the screenshot.What else do i need to check.Any inputs.