Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

If you had this in your LC job requirements....then you are a potential EB2.

Anyway check the wage for your job code at :
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/OesWizardStart.aspx

Wage Level 1&2 is EB3 ; 3&4 is EB2 potentially.

Chocolate said:
I had 5 years +4 months experience before i joined the company from which my labor is approved.the occupation title is PROGRAMMER ANALYST for this job and prevailing wage is 80k.Any inputs.

congrats !!!
Can you share your first 5-7 digits of ETA #.

googlegc said:
Hello all,

I got my LC approved on Sept 25th. Just now got a mail from my attorney.

Thanks guys

45 days letter replied on: 07/25/2006
Certified on: 09/25/2006 (60 days from the date of 45 day letter reply)
PD: 03/31/2004
MI/RIR/EB3

Info needed

Immi_Seeker said:
If you had this in your LC job requirements....then you are a potential EB2.

Anyway check the wage for your job code at :
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/OesWizardStart.aspx

Wage Level 1&2 is EB3 ; 3&4 is EB2 potentially.

My prevailing wage is 80k its b/n level 3 and level 4.In any case can a potential EB2 case be turned to EB3 and applied for 140 .What are the chances that in 140 stage they make ask to convert it to EB2 as its potential is Eb2 not EB3.Any inputs.

I think you are right. Very good guess.

panpangc said:
I have kept tracking about 40 case numbers around mine, there are about 40% of total get certified, 5% of total get closed, and 55% of total (include me) are still in "IN PROCESS" status. It looks like to me the DBEC work on the case on 45 days letter replied date (2006 Aug, Jul get cleared first, now is the Jun's turn).

45 days letter replied on: 05/2006
PD: 06/2003
MI/RIR/EB2
D-05195-2XXXX

additional info

jewelhaque said:
I don't think EB2 applies to Programmer Analyst.

But my labor has BS+5 yrs +4 months experience and prevailing wage is 80 k.Also the occupation code corresponds to computers systems analyst.Its in b/n level 3 and level 4.its shows progressive experience too.Any inputs about category.It was advertised as RIR.Any inputs.It also has the details of my MS(ETA form)

Could you confirm this with your lawyer? My attorney told me that BEC should use the PWR (Prevailing Wage Requirement) at the ADJUDICATION time, which is now 2006. The should not use the one at the filing time of 2003. Please help...
:confused:

shamestx said:
i think in your case the 2003 survey should be used. maybe you can
argue different Level should be applied. what is your current wage level?
level I or II?

Reason for no 45d letter.

I just find out the reason why I didn't receive the 45d letter. From the NOTICE OF CLOSURE letter, I noticed that DBEC sent to the wrong zip code. The first digit of zipcode was typed wrong. The letter must have been sent to another state. Somehow I did received the closure letter with the wrong zip code.

I rechecked my LC application file. We have the right zipcode on the form. DBEC screwed it up.

Althoug my case was reopened, should I contact DBEC about this issue?

I think you definitely should tell them that, not to accuse them of the mistake, but to ensure future correspondence like your certificed LC be sent to the correct address.

needgoodluck said:
I just find out the reason why I didn't receive the 45d letter. From the NOTICE OF CLOSURE letter, I noticed that DBEC sent to the wrong zip code. The first digit of zipcode was typed wrong. The letter must have been sent to another state. Somehow I did received the closure letter with the wrong zip code.

I rechecked my LC application file. We have the right zipcode on the form. DBEC screwed it up.

Althoug my case was reopened, should I contact DBEC about this issue?

I need some advice

My organization filed my paperwork in March 2005 as a TR case. Since there is no progress for any of the TR cases my organization is checking to see whether it is worth filing using PERM. Could anyone please advice me on the following:

1. Can I file a new PERM application while my LC is pending at Dallas BEC for the same job?
2. If I file a new PERM application, can I keep my old PD (either March 2005)?
3. If I re-file my application using PERM, can I keep my old PD (either March 2005)?
4. If I file a new PERM application, would I have to wait for 356 days after I get my LC certification in order to file I-140 & I-485? Currently, for my birth or country of citizenship, the visa numbers are current.
5. If I keep the old PD for my new PERM application, would there be a difference in prevailing wage rates?

Thank you.

ChicagoCase_NG said:
My organization filed my paperwork in March 2005 as a TR case. Since there is no progress for any of the TR cases my organization is checking to see whether it is worth filing using PERM. Could anyone please advice me on the following:

1. Can I file a new PERM application while my LC is pending at Dallas BEC for the same job?
3. If I re-file my application using PERM, can I keep my old PD (either March 2005)?
4. If I file a new PERM application, would I have to wait for 356 days after I get my LC certification in order to file I-140 & I-485? Currently, for my birth or country of citizenship, the visa numbers are current.
5. If I keep the old PD for my new PERM application, would there be a difference in prevailing wage rates?

Thank you.
This is what I can tell from my personal experience:

1. Yes you can...it's called 'dual filing'
2. If your PERM gets approved, you get a new PD and that will decide whether you can go ahead with I140 & 485. Your old LC remains valid and that PD can be used for things like 7th year H1 extension. If the old LC gets approved, you can file another I-140 (&485) using the older PD if that gets yoyr GC faster.
3. I am not sure..but I heard it's not a good idea to refile
4. Once you PERM is approved, you can file I140 right away and 485 if you are from a non-retrogressed country
5. PERM has a tougher prevailing wage requirement..i.e you have to make at least 100% of the PW (for RIR/TR it was 95%)

Last edited by a moderator:
ChicagoCase_NG said:

Thank you.

Question 1: No, you can't have two LC application for the same Alien, same company & same job.

Question 2: If you file a new PERM, it will have to be for a different job. In that case you will not be able to keep the old PD. That is only possible for a refiling.

Question 3: Yes you can keep your old PD. When filing for PERM, one of the question actually state if you are retaining PD from an earlier filing. In that case, your PD will be transferred and your pending TR application will be closed.

Question 4: No you will be able to file as soon as your LC is approved.

Question 5: Yes there will be a difference. The new prevailing wage will have to be the one you get at the time you gather all the paper to file the PERM.

I-140 and I-1485

In this scenario,

I -140 has been filed but not approved. Concurrent filing cannot be done during Retrogression.

Can we file for I-1485 If PD becomes current even though I-140 is not approved.

MDwatch said:
Question 1: No, you can't have two LC application for the same Alien, same company & same job.

Question 2: If you file a new PERM, it will have to be for a different job. In that case you will not be able to keep the old PD. That is only possible for a refiling.

Question 3: Yes you can keep your old PD. When filing for PERM, one of the question actually state if you are retaining PD from an earlier filing. In that case, your PD will be transferred and your pending TR application will be closed.

Question 4: No you will be able to file as soon as your LC is approved.

Question 5: Yes there will be a difference. The new prevailing wage will have to be the one you get at the time you gather all the paper to file the PERM.

MDwatch is wrong ! Yes you can have PERM filed if your company allows . You can have 2 applications at the same time - Its called Dual Filing and it can be of the same job and similar to your TR Case. Only issue - you 'll not be able to keep you Priority Date

I have done it - My PERM is approved and second application RIR is still in BEC.

More good news : if your TR Case has not been touched so far - a latest guideline ( issued today ) from labor dept that you can convert your backlog case into RIR and preserve the priority date . Read FAQ on following site and ask your attorney to take action !

http://www.immigration-law.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Random check of 100 ETA numbers in my vicinity

So, last night had some free time and thought of checking the 'neighbourhood' of my ETA number...found some interesting things, so posting it here...if anybody else does the same, do post your findings/observations as well...

Total time required: 20 min
# cases checked: 100
# case numbers 'not existing': 44
# cases certified: 19
# cases closed: 6
# cases In-process: 30
# cases Data Review: 1

Plan to check the valid numbers once every 2-4 weeks or so...

PS: Due to retrogression, there is no more any benefit in getting the approval 'early'...so, I'm quite relaxed...let it come when it will... ;)

air_canada said:
MDwatch is wrong ! Yes you can have PERM filed if your company allows . You can have 2 applications at the same time - Its called Dual Filing and it can be of the same job and similar to your TR Case. Only issue - you 'll not be able to keep you Priority Date

I have done it - My PERM is approved and second application RIR is still in BEC.

More good news : if your TR Case has not been touched so far - a latest guideline ( issued today ) from labor dept that you can convert your backlog case into RIR and preserve the priority date . Read FAQ on following site and ask your attorney to take action !

http://www.immigration-law.com/

How long did it take for your PERM approval? Mine was filed 9/27.

AmusedAgain said:
So, last night had some free time and thought of checking the 'neighbourhood' of my ETA number...found some interesting things, so posting it here...if anybody else does the same, do post your findings/observations as well...

Total time required: 20 min
# cases checked: 100
# case numbers 'not existing': 44
# cases certified: 19
# cases closed: 6
# cases In-process: 30
# cases Data Review: 1

Plan to check the valid numbers once every 2-4 weeks or so...

PS: Due to retrogression, there is no more any benefit in getting the approval 'early'...so, I'm quite relaxed...let it come when it will... ;)

I only checked 10 cases around mine...
Certified :6
In process: 3
Closed: 1