Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I did not receive any thing from DBEC. - 100%
When I talked with my eomployer, he said that he/they did not receive anything from DBEC. [I have no option otherthan believing him 100%.]
We do not know whether the attorney has received anything or not.
I hate my attorney. I can never reach him. He will neither respond to my voice messages nor for my emails.

What happens to the H1 extensions, as I am on 8th year of my H1.
Yes, this denied labor (of course at that timer it was pending) was used to get the extensions.

Do I need to worry?

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
Didn't you/your employer/attorney receive a Notice of Findings before the denial? As per the process, the employer is told of the intention to deny and allowed an opportunity to rebut BEC's determination. Find out. Don't lose hope, there are ways to reverse the situation.

Help needed

Zgreen said:
Needgoodluck,

What is your status shown online now? Mine was reopened as well but shows up as data review but I saw another post saying that his case immediately appeared as "in process" after getting the confirmation.

The online status of my case shows as case closed. i mailed my HR and lawyer about it. what does this mean the 45 day letter was mailed back long back.Any help. thanks in advance.

PD Dec 2004 EB2 RIR
45 day letter Jan 2006
status ''closed''
What can be done to reopen the case.?

Zgreen, the status now is "in process".

Zgreen said:
Needgoodluck,

What is your status shown online now? Mine was reopened as well but shows up as data review but I saw another post saying that his case immediately appeared as "in process" after getting the confirmation.

My case did appear as "in process" immediately after getting the confirmation. I am not sure what is going there.

Request to reopen your case.

Chocolate said:
The online status of my case shows as case closed. i mailed my HR and lawyer about it. what does this mean the 45 day letter was mailed back long back.Any help. thanks in advance.

PD Dec 2004 EB2 RIR
45 day letter Jan 2006
status ''closed''

Follow the instruction as below to request to reopen your case. Good luck!

http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/backlog_faqs_07-10-06.pdf

Not a big deal, follow the precedure Needgoodluck attached and it should be straightforward to reopen it. Mine took only two days to reopen. BEC's are pretty good at this now since apparently they closed so many cases in error and are gaining tons of experience :mad:

Chocolate said:

PD Dec 2004 EB2 RIR
45 day letter Jan 2006
status ''closed''

Got certified

I just checked my online status, it says CERTIFIED. Is this pretty accurate?

It was in process this morning. I'm so Happy now.

My situation:

Indiana, EB2,
PD, Feb, 2004
45 letter June 20, 2006

I haven't seen any news for Indiana for sometime. Hopefully this will cheer guys at Indiana.

DOCSIS said:
When I talked with my eomployer, he said that he/they did not receive anything from DBEC. [I have no option otherthan believing him 100%.]
I hate my attorney. I can never reach him. He will neither respond to my voice messages nor for my emails.

Yes, this denied labor (of course at that timer it was pending) was used to get the extensions.

Do I need to worry?

My case status as of yesterday morning was In Process, In the evening Denied. We spoke to our lawyer and it's surprise for him because he said he directly spoke to the certification officer in DBEC and said everything should be ok. Lawyer said he is going to wait for the letter before appeal because we don't know the reason for denial. But i got a query last month regarding my salary and replied two weeks back. I'm processing my green card through murthy law firm. Waiting for the letter from DBEC.

You can also appeal once you receive your letter. I'm also planning to process Perm through different company for the back up. I'm in my H1b 8'th year.

But good thing is today morning my wife's labor got cleared. We checked the web site and it is Certified. Her priority date is EB2 - Oct 2003. I don't know how long the wait time will be.

Chocolate said:

PD Dec 2004 EB2 RIR
45 day letter Jan 2006
status ''closed''

My case was closed even after replying to 45 day letter. Itwas reopened within three days after my attorny's intervention.

Clarification needed.

needgoodluck said:
Follow the instruction as below to request to reopen your case. Good luck!

http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/pdf/backlog_faqs_07-10-06.pdf

thanks for the info.I will try to do that. I mailed my lawyer and HR about this. Also i need to mention here that I have 2 labors pending in DBEC. one is EB3 and one is EB2 the EB3 labor is approved today . it was in process today morning and by afternoon it was certified.At the same time i checked the EB2 labor and it showed status as closed.I was more eager to get the EB2 labor approved as i am from ROW category and i cud have filed ead/ap immediately.Any inputs.

Disappointing

Recently there have been quite a few denials.!!. I also had a prevailing wage NOF in Aug . Status as of this morning was “In process”. ……after 3 years of long wait!!!

jhegde said:
Hi Vijay,

First of all don't worry. You have many options:

1. You can always make an appeal. 99% times, it gets approved. Your lawyer knows how to handle this. He may come up with or know the solutions already.
2. Try to find a new employer or apply a perm application from the same company parallelly.
3. Try to find pre-approved labor and file for substitution.

Relax and cheers. Even if every efforts fail, world is big enough for new opportunities. Keep faith in yourselves, and you will have peace, for sure. Good luck, my friend.

Its great if 99% of the appeals are approved. How do you know this for fact?

Status check site not working.

The BEC online status check site is not working. yesterday my case showed as approved and today i wanted to double check hence tried but it gives a error. Has any body tried and got the same response.Thanks in advance.

Chocolate said:
The BEC online status check site is not working. yesterday my case showed as approved and today i wanted to double check hence tried but it gives a error. Has any body tried and got the same response.Thanks in advance.

The site usually taken down during the weekend for maintenance. Try Monday morning.

Additional info

mma0604 said:
The site usually taken down during the weekend for maintenance. Try Monday morning.

Thanks for the input .Yes it did start working today morning. My labor with May 2004 PD shows as certified.But my HR claims it was filed under EB3.The job experience requires BS+5 yrs +2 months experience. Also the ETA form has details of my Masters and experience after that.According to occupation code 65% of this job requirement have bachelors or higher degree.Can i claim EB2 .When will EB2/3 be determined. becoz if its EB2 i can immediately file for ead/ap .Any inputs.

Dear all:
I only have TR number, how could I check my status?
My company's lawyer told the D-number is company's assets, they couldn't tell me.

Thanks.

mamalabor said:
Dear all:
I only have TR number, how could I check my status?
My company's lawyer told the D-number is company's assets, they couldn't tell me.

Thanks.
By TR number, if you mean the ETA number that is in the format T-XXXXX-XXXXX, simply replace the T with D. If by TR number you mean the original receipt number from your state SWA, then request an H1B extension screenshot from DBEC giving them the TR number. The screenshot will have the "D" number.

Last edited by a moderator:
DOCSIS said:

Do I need to worry?

You need to get your lawyer to appeal in order to buy some time.

In the mean time, apply for a new LC thropugh PERM (using another lawyer preferably)

BEC Backlog Processing Update

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

09/22/2006: BEC Backlog Processing Update

AILA-DOL Liaison Meeting Minute of 09/12/2006 gives update on the BEC backlog processing as follows:

Status of Processing of Cases: Total Cases=362,000
Pending Cases=approximately 176,000 (45-day letters for all of these pending cases with a few exceptions have been issued)
Completed Cases=approximately 182,000 cases. These cases are completed in the following fashions:
50%=Closed or Withdrawn or Closed for No Response to 45-Day Letters
50%=Either Approved or Denied
At the front-end, the cases are processed on FIFO based on the priority date, but adjudication is done on FIFO based on the order of responses to the requests.
Processing Times may be posted on the website in the near future.

Traditional Case Processing: Recruitment instructions and job order with the states are underway for some cases
Amendments (non-material changes) can be made in writing at any time before the job order is placed with the states by the BEC. Once the job order is begun, no amendments are permitted, even if the amendments involve non-matterial issues. BEC places job orders at the same time of issuing the recruitment instructions to the employers. Accordingly, once such recruitment instructions are received, apparently no amendments will be permitted.
Unanswered Question: It is unclear whether the amendments will not be permitted once job order has been placed when the amendments involve just substitution of alien beneficiaries. Considering the fact that change of the alien beneficiaries does not affect the terms and conditions for the labor market test in the recruitment process in the traditional cases and such substitution had been permitted before the reengineering of the labor certification system, it appears that the foregoing restriction may not apply to the amendment for substitution of alien beneficiaries. The foregoing policies may be limited to the amendments to change the terms and conditions and requirements for the job.
DOL is planning to allow conversion of traditional cases to RIR by amending the existing RIR conversion regulation. The specific procedures and requirements will be published in a federal register soon. However, potential benefit of such conversion may be more or less limited in that the DOL is required to finish up all the BEC cases including traditional cases within next one year.

certified

I just checked the online system this morning, my case status is certified. Last Friday the status was still "IN PROCESS".

EB2/RIR/CA
ETA : D-05214-XXXXX
PD: March 2005
45 DL Received: 06/01/06
45 DL Replied : 06/06/06
online status: "CERTIFIED"

online status shows 'CERTIFIED'

Just wanted to share that my case status shows CERTIFIED. It was 'IN PROCESS' last week. Neither I nor my company/attorney received any papers as certified, as of now.