Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Thanks onlyhope of your response.

I already informed the attorney of this, Any thoughts will be appreciated, how come this is happend?

GC_GreatCard

You just need to ask your attorney to sending the proof of responding the 45DL (e.g. Receipt), and they will re-open your case.
Happened to my friend, the attorney sending the receipt saying that BEC have received the 45 responding letter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_GreatCard
I have checked my status on the following site.

http://www.pbls.doleta.gov/pbls_pds.cfm

The status is as "Closed"

I have received the 45 days letter in March 2005 and replied back in March 2005, after that I got my 7th year extension on the 45 days letters base in Sept 2005.

What should be the reason, now the status is as Closed even my employer and or Attorney didn't receive any letter from DBEC regarding my case.

Your help will be highly appreciated; I have already applied for the 8th year extension and waiting for that too. If my case is closed then it will be very difficult for me to get the H1B extension too.

Please help.

GC_GreatCard

Last edited by a moderator:
Help! What is the correct ETA case number?

Hi, everyone:

My employer need to send an-email to request to reopen my case. It is required to provide the correct ETA case number? What is that? I found an OMB XX-RXXXX on the right upside corner of ETA form. Is that the ETA case number? Anybody has a clue what is the correct ETA case number?

Also anybody has an experience to reopen the case? How long does it take usually?

Thank you very much.

PD 12/20004
EB2, RIR
Closed

I-140 after Labor approval

Hello Guys,
I need help, i got my 2 labors approved, one from old process and one from PERM within same week, PERM approved in 5 days.
What is the time duration for applying I-140 after labor approval. I want to see if my 2005 PD I-140 get approved then i can tell my employer to substitute 2006 PD labor to another employee in my company, otherwise i can use it.
So i need to know how many days we can get maximum to apply for I-140 after labor approval.
Please help.

There is no rule today. You can apply for 140 whenever you want. You can easily wait for 6-8 months,....

anu.sonti said:
Hello Guys,
I need help, i got my 2 labors approved, one from old process and one from PERM within same week, PERM approved in 5 days.
What is the time duration for applying I-140 after labor approval. I want to see if my 2005 PD I-140 get approved then i can tell my employer to substitute 2006 PD labor to another employee in my company, otherwise i can use it.
So i need to know how many days we can get maximum to apply for I-140 after labor approval.
Please help.

Online status CERTIFIED

Hello,

Today morning i checked the website and it shows Labor CERTIFIED, and my employer got FINAL DETERMINATION letter from Dallas Backlog center saying labor CERTIFIED !!!

Good Luck Guys !!!

my status:

ETA Case Number: D-05193-13xxx
PD: Dec 2003, MI, EB3.

Thanks

October Visa Bulletin

New numbers just came out:

Employment -Based

All others CHINA INDIA MEXICO PHILIPPINES
2nd C 01APR05 15JUN02 C C
3rd 01MAY02 01MAY02 22APR01 01MAY01 01MAY02

October Visa Bulletin

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody has a clue? Please help.

needgoodluck said:
Hi, everyone:

My employer need to send an-email to request to reopen my case. It is required to provide the correct ETA case number? What is that? I found an OMB XX-RXXXX on the right upside corner of ETA form. Is that the ETA case number? Anybody has a clue what is the correct ETA case number?

Also anybody has an experience to reopen the case? How long does it take usually?

Thank you very much.

PD 12/20004
EB2, RIR
Closed

air_canada said:
Yes you can , Its called dual filing . I did it and and got it aproved in 15 days while my initial RIR labor application is pending with DBEC

http://www.twmlaw.com/resources/perm_memo.html

Should we refile under PERM for a pending labor certification application?

PERM permits employers to “refile” pending cases under the new PERM regulations. Refiling will preserve the original filing date and will be processed faster than many cases in the Backlog Elimination Centers. However, the DOL requires that the two applications be “identical.” If the DOL determines that the 2 applications are not identical, the pending labor certification application will be withdrawn without preserving the original filing date. The DOL expects to clarify the definition of “identical” later in 2005.

Where an employee is relying on the original filing date to establish “7th year H” eligibility, it may be inadvisable to refile. In addition, if the labor certification application was filed for a job requiring only a bachelor’s degree, the EB-3 immigrant visa category backlog is another reason to avoid refiling. Currently, individuals in the EB-3 category (bachelor’s degree holders, skilled and unskilled workers) may not file immediately for their adjustments or immigrant visa applications (the final steps toward permanent residence), even after their labor certifications are approved. They must wait until visa numbers become available for their original filing date, also known as the “priority date.” Those with later priority dates cannot yet file for permanent residence because of backlogs in the EB-3 immigrant visa category.

Can we file PERM and also keep the pending labor certification application?

The DOL has declined on several occasions to answer whether this is permissible. PERM regulations do not prohibit having two filings pending simultaneously. However, the DOL’s main priority is efficiency. Accordingly, DOL has discouraged dual pending filings.

Labor Approved.

Finally after close to 3 yrs wait, I got the good news. As lot of other silent readers, I have been a silent readers of this forum for a yr. now. My Labor got approved yesterday. I checked online as well my lawyer confirmed via email. Keep the faith guys and dont ever think for a minute that you wont get approved. What you sow, so shall you reap. Keep the faith.

Good Luck to u all and see u all at 140. God Bless.

Here are my details.

PD - 12/17/03
RD - Nov 2004 and afterwards moved to Dallas Backlog Center after
45 DL - june 2005, replied same day.
State CA/ RIR/ EB3, no query

Case Closed

HELLO GURUS,

I checked the status of my Labor Petition online and the status is 'CLOSED'.
Can anyone please advise me what is the best method to get it re-opened?
3 months ago when I got the screen shot the status was 'Data Review' and we got no information from the BEC about the closure of this case. My attorney says that we should wait to receive the information from BEC about the closure of this case and then submit request to re-open the case. But I am not even sure if the BEC will ever inform us about the case closure.

PLEASE ADVISE! Thanks!

Deperate situation, please help.

Friends,

I am on Labor Cert (EB2 3 yrs 10 months). 6-year H1B will expire next Jan.
Recently my boss told me I have one month to find another job.

My question: IF i can find a similiar job in another dept of our company before layoff, should I choose A or B for Labor Cert?

A. apply a PERM immediately using the new job and keep the old Labor Cert as is. Later either figure out to transfer the old cert's priority date to the new PERM, or let both run and see which one comes out first.

B. continue the old Labor Cert but using current job. Do not apply PERM, in hoping there is no company change and the old cert can be approved smoothly and asap.

I am confused, which one is better, safer, and faster? After this big hurdle (layoff), I'd like to think out a best way to guard the labor cert...

Company attorney handles our LC case. I appreciate your input and valuable advice. Thank you very much.

Very frustrated,
Sam
Still searching for job

sam46

if its the same company...dont worry about the LC...the same would continue..even though you have a different job.If u are in a big company..it does not matter as GC is for future job...even if you get LO...get a preaproved and go with it...market is good outside
good luck

I would prefer option B.

Sam46 said:
Friends,

I am on Labor Cert (EB2 3 yrs 10 months). 6-year H1B will expire next Jan.
Recently my boss told me I have one month to find another job.

My question: IF i can find a similiar job in another dept of our company before layoff, should I choose A or B for Labor Cert?

A. apply a PERM immediately using the new job and keep the old Labor Cert as is. Later either figure out to transfer the old cert's priority date to the new PERM, or let both run and see which one comes out first.

B. continue the old Labor Cert but using current job. Do not apply PERM, in hoping there is no company change and the old cert can be approved smoothly and asap.

I am confused, which one is better, safer, and faster? After this big hurdle (layoff), I'd like to think out a best way to guard the labor cert...

Company attorney handles our LC case. I appreciate your input and valuable advice. Thank you very much.

Very frustrated,
Sam
Still searching for job

Congratulations! and question

congratulations!
My wife also checked her status online and got CERTIFIED. But her company and lawyer office didn't receive the certified LC. Please advise how long it will take to receive the doc. thanks,
xzGC
rao1972 said:
Hello,

Today morning i checked the website and it shows Labor CERTIFIED, and my employer got FINAL DETERMINATION letter from Dallas Backlog center saying labor CERTIFIED !!!

Good Luck Guys !!!

my status:

ETA Case Number: D-05193-13xxx
PD: Dec 2003, MI, EB3.

Thanks

LC Approved

When I found out that the online status check was working I immediately tried to punch-in my ETA# and to my GGRREEAATTT SURPRISE... it showed as "CERTIFIED". I called my lawyer and they said that they just received also the actual approval document and will be sending to us the requirements for the I140 stage.

For those who are still waiting... hang in there! Your time will also come and see you in the I140 thread. :)

--------------
IL/RIR
PD: 11-30-2004
45 DL Rcvd: around 1st wk of July 2006
45 DL Replied: around July 20th, 2006
CERTIFIED: anyday Sept 2006.

Any Traditional cases (TD) certified?

It seems that thing are being speeded at the backlog centers and we are getting many RIR approvals in both EB2 and EB3, but how about TD? have any TD EB2/EB3 have heard anything from the backlog centers in the last 6 months? They were supposed to have sent the advertisements instructions a while ago. Anyone on the same boat than me?

Case Status : RIR

PD : 12/31/2003

When I checked online I got Case status : CERTIFIED but the snapshot my lawyer requested says Case Status : RIR. Anybody has any info. on this.

Thanks

Venu

Question for garadu75

Hi garuda75,

I believe your case has been certified! ;-) Please let us know your STATE, and when you received and responded to the 45-day letter. My PD is close to yours. Thanks!

garuda75 said:
PD : 12/31/2003

When I checked online I got Case status : CERTIFIED but the snapshot my lawyer requested says Case Status : RIR. Anybody has any info. on this.

Thanks

Venu