Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

refile under PERM and approved in 4 days

Got tired of waiting and my company decided to file under PERM.
the whole process started around 10'th of March and they filed my PERM application last friday (07/07/06) and yesterday my Attorney informed me that PERM automated system showing my application as approved.
I am so surprised !! one process takes so long and other looks like nothing..!!
do not know what the heck these BEC guys doing with all old applications..

good decision

shivsa said:
Got tired of waiting and my company decided to file under PERM.
the whole process started around 10'th of March and they filed my PERM application last friday (07/07/06) and yesterday my Attorney informed me that PERM automated system showing my application as approved.
I am so surprised !! one process takes so long and other looks like nothing..!!
do not know what the heck these BEC guys doing with all old applications..

Congrats on your approval. You did a wise thing.Maybe i shud opt for it too.

Additional info

so_depressed said:
Did you get to keep your priority date?
NO havent done it but i will try convincing the lawyer.
PD doesnt make much difference to me as i am from world wide categoy . i am waiting becoz my lawyer goofed up and filed my 1st labor is EB3 although he initially said job qualifies for EB2 .I have masters and 8 years experience. i have one more labor pending in DBEC which is EB2 so hoping the EB2 one gets cleared first.I am also trying to convince my lawyer to file PERM but he does it in a batch and next batch is not due for 3-4 months .so i am stuck

Finally

I recieved the 45 day letter march 14th 2005. Around Sep I requested for a screen shot from both DBEC and PBEC. The screen shots from both the BECs has different case numbers, though the one from DBEC had the case number that was on the 45 day letter. Also one showed the source as 'STATE' while the other showed REGION'. When my attorned called up DBEC in Sep 2005 she was informed the one of the numbers was an internal number and we wouldn't have to worry about it and case would be processed in due course.
Last month I contact my local congressman. He was very helpful and he initiated a congressional inquiry. The response recieved from DBEC was that there were two entries for my case and the original case was voided and a new case number was issued. The current status of the case was 'data review', this was 2 weeks back.

I got a call from my attorney last evening that my application got approved. I haven't seen the copy of it yet, she said she would be mailing it to me tomorrow.

case number

immi24 said:
I recieved the 45 day letter march 14th 2005. Around Sep I requested for a screen shot from both DBEC and PBEC. The screen shots from both the BECs has different case numbers, though the one from DBEC had the case number that was on the 45 day letter. Also one showed the source as 'STATE' while the other showed REGION'. When my attorned called up DBEC in Sep 2005 she was informed the one of the numbers was an internal number and we wouldn't have to worry about it and case would be processed in due course.
Last month I contact my local congressman. He was very helpful and he initiated a congressional inquiry. The response recieved from DBEC was that there were two entries for my case and the original case was voided and a new case number was issued. The current status of the case was 'data review', this was 2 weeks back.

I got a call from my attorney last evening that my application got approved. I haven't seen the copy of it yet, she said she would be mailing it to me tomorrow.

Congrats on your approval.Can you post your case number?

Thanks for the info

immi24 said:
Thanks
The new number is D-05097-5XXXX
While the old one was D-05007-12XXX
Thanks
my Case number is very near to yours wonder why it is not approved still
my case no is D-05111-6xxxx.Any inputs

Chocolate said:
Thanks
my Case number is very near to yours wonder why it is not approved still
my case no is D-05111-6xxxx.Any inputs
I don't think there would be any logical reasoning except that it was simply missed.

You may try contacting you congressman to get in touch with BEC. That might lead to your case being scooped out of the box, it definetly did in my case.

Good luck.

thanks for the info

immi24 said:
I don't think there would be any logical reasoning except that it was simply missed.

You may try contacting you congressman to get in touch with BEC. That might lead to your case being scooped out of the box, it definetly did in my case.

Good luck.

i understand there is no logical reasoning behind this .I just found that the case numbers are very near.
Do you think contacting the congressman will help to get the case to be noticed first.Although case numbers are near my PD is May 2004.

Chocolate said:
i understand there is no logical reasoning behind this .I just found that the case numbers are very near.
Do you think contacting the congressman will help to get the case to be noticed first.Although case numbers are near my PD is May 2004.
You may try doing so. You have nothing to lose. It may help in bringing your case into limelight.

LC Approved

I am silent follower of this thread. I received a letter from Dallas BEC that my LC has been approved. Here are my Details:

State: Nebraska
Priority Date: 9th January, 2004
Case Type: RIR
Transferred to BEC: Sometime in June 2005 (Not sure )
Status When Transferred: with State SWA
Case#: D05139XXXX
45-Day Letter Received on: 17th May 2006
45-Day Reply Before Date: 23rd June, 2006
45-Day Letter Replied on: 17th May 2006
LC Approval Letter Received Date: 14th July, 2006 with an approval date of 9th June 2006. But our attorney has not received the approved ETA-750 yet.

I hope every body gets their LC's approved soon...
Good Luck to everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any approval trend going on at DAllas BEC?

Hi,
I received my 45 day letter on thursday and the lawyer is going to respond tomorrow. My case is a July 2001 case. As far as I have heard, after responding to the 45 day letter, it would be a FIFO (meaning, whoever answers the 45-day letter first will be approved).. I also heard that when they send out the 45 day letters, they are almost 95% approved (sort of pre-approced). So, can I expect the labor approval within the next 20 days or max of 1 month? While 2004s are getting approved, what about us 2001ers?? Any ideas from the gurus?

lviswa, atleast seems good news to you.
i think i need to wish good luck to both of us.
mine pD was aug. 2001 and replied 45day letter on jan. 2006.
nothing till now.
i saw some got within a year or some within few months ...
but surprisingly 2004 are getting approved. i don't know...
its all about luck i think...i've been going crazy working in same place...
what a pain..........

well good luck....

Please update tracker

My attorney finally got an email from DBEC stating that my 45-Day Letter was mailed on 14th July, 2006. He still has not received the letter but DBEC provided the case number in the email. Please see my signature.

For those of you who have not heard anything from DBEC I would strongly suggest contacting the State office where your application was originally filled and ask them to send you/ your attorney proof that your case was forwarded to DBEC and the date it was forwarded. Once you get this proof send a copy of it along with a copy of your original application to DBEC and tell them you have not received a 45-Day Letter.

My application was filled in 2001 and I had not received a 45-Day Letter and it was time for my 7th yr H1B extension – my attorney kept sending emails to DBEC and got no response so I finally called the 202 number. The person who answered the phone first said that he can not provide me any details and that my attorney needs to call. I begged and told him that mine is a 2001 case and we have not heard anything from DBEC so he was a real gentleman and obliged. Since I didn’t have a case number from DBEC he searched with my Last Name and First Name and he couldn’t find my file then he searched with my employer’s name and he found other cases but could not find mine so he suggested that I contact my State office - Michigan Department of Career Development and obtain proof that my case was forwarded to DBEC and then send that to DBEC. Next, I personally contacted Michigan Department of Career Development and told them that the guy in the 202 number asked me to contact this office and get proof. I was transferred to another person and that person researched the case and told me that for some reason my case was missed out when all the other cases were sent to DBEC and that’s why there was no trace of it at DBEC. She told me that she would overnight my application to DBEC and tell them that my case was left behind. I guess she kept to her word and in two days my attorney got an email from DBEC stating that my 45-Day Letter was mailed on 14th July 2006.

So, if you haven’t got any screenshots and have not received the letter I suggest you do what I had to do and may be you will find that you are in my situation.

Need help

I have just received my screen shot in process of my 7th year H1B extension. I found the following informations missing in the screen shot. I am not sure what it means but would like to know from the experts here:

My case #D-05010-14xxx
Priority Date: 01/26/2004

Missing info:

Processing Type:
Case Source:
Data ENtry Assigned to:

There is nothing printed against the above items in the screen shot. I was wondering whether these missing info could be any cause of concern. I received/replied my 45 day letter in MARCH 2004 but never received any updates after that.

Please provide some information on my case. Do I need to take any action or just wait and watch :-(

Thanks in advnace..

Bad News

madjad said:
Any news on the August 2006 visa bulletin?

Visa Numbers are out for August and it bad news all the way. EB2 is now unavailable for India.

Employment Based
1st C C 01JAN06 C C
2nd C 01MAR05 U C C
3rd 01OCT01 01OCT01 01APR01 22APR01 01OCT01

Case Re-Opened & 45 day letter received

skganji said:
Friends,
Can any body have ideas or suggestions how this situation can be handled ?.
The backlog elimination center just a reponse to the email query by our HR-dept that the case has been closed because they didn't receive the response from the attorney to the 45 day letter. The case is closed. How can we get this case re-instated. Please see the letter from Backlog elimination center below.
"

We were able to reopen the case that was closed because of failure to respond to the 45 day letter. Neither the company nor the attorney received the 45 day letter . After reporting with proper evidence , my case is now reopened and the 45 day letter is received on friday again.
Case # : D-05192-10277
PD : 02/20/2004.
Processing Type : TR
State : CA.

Just one question, can we change the processing type from TR to RIR . I saw that some people were able to change the processing type from Non-RIR to RIR.