Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

No worries, You are in legal status.

panjan04 said:
Dear all,

I submitted same question in H1B related thread, but I am looking for help from all seniors in this thread who have such an extensive knowledge about the immigration process.

Please help me in understanding how bad is my situation in maintaining the status keeping the premium H1b filing as last resort as my employer is very reluctant do that.

I am on 7th year extension and 8th year extension was filed in June. As per the time lines on USCIS website, I am expecting my 8th year extension some where after September 15th.
I have receipt notice/number for 8th year extension.
My current H1B (7th year) and I-94 attached to it are valid only till September 8th. My current visa in passport already expired.

If in case, I do not get my 8th year H1b approved before September 8th, what will be the status for me? Will I be out of status?
Will the receipt notice be considered as valid document to maintain the status when I-94 is expired? Do I need to inform this to Port Of Entry as soon as my I-94 expires?
If I maintain status like that till I get H1B ext approved, and then if I go for staming in Mexico or Canada or India, will there be any problem in stamping and later at port of entry?

Thanks and regards,
panjan04

I am on my 9th year and I have been receiving my extensions every year after the current i-94 expires. Legally one can file for extension before or after 6 month of the h1-B expiry. So you are good. To be in legal status, you don't have to receive new H1 extension before the expiry, but the receipt of filing extension itself holds good.

So just relax and end enjoy.

Chocolate said:
Its good to know that the person on that 202 number is answering applicants of LC.will it be possible with my case too My PD is May 2004.and one more Dec 2004.will he also tell you whether it is eb2/eb3 becoz my hr say my case is eb3 although it has details of my masters and min exp is BS +5 years.
Any inputs

he can say if it is RIR/TR not EB2/EB3.

thanks a lot

Hi justdoit, Immi_Seeker, jewelhaque , jhegde ,

Huge thanks for such a detailed information.

With best wishes,
panajan04

question

I've been following this thread for a while now and i am really thankful for the information that i learned from it. However, here is a newbie question that has bothered me for a while and i hope you guys could lit the light for me.

The question is that do we need to keep our h1b status AFTER the Labor cerfication? The case is that my current H1b term will expire on Nov and Since i can still file extension, i don't have much troubles there. However, based on what i learned on this board, and on my lawyer's estimate, there are chacnes that my labor could be certificated before Nov. If that is the case, is H1b still necessary? I am gonna file h1b extension regardless just to be safe for sure, but still a little puzzled by the definiton of what Labor grants us. thanks for your helps.

My case info is in the sig

You need to continue H1-b until you adjust your status

bruin2003 said:
I've been following this thread for a while now and i am really thankful for the information that i learned from it. However, here is a newbie question that has bothered me for a while and i hope you guys could lit the light for me.

The question is that do we need to keep our h1b status AFTER the Labor cerfication? The case is that my current H1b term will expire on Nov and Since i can still file extension, i don't have much troubles there. However, based on what i learned on this board, and on my lawyer's estimate, there are chacnes that my labor could be certificated before Nov. If that is the case, is H1b still necessary? I am gonna file h1b extension regardless just to be safe for sure, but still a little puzzled by the definiton of what Labor grants us. thanks for your helps.

You need to continue extending your H1-B status untill your application for adjustment of status is approved. Or at least 6 months after you file 485. Meaning until you adjust your status, you are still on H1-B.

they dont reply

csrini1 said:
he can say if it is RIR/TR not EB2/EB3.

Its sad i tried calling them but the person who answered the phone told me she cant answer anyone but lawyer or employer.Its just another way of putting us down apart from our employers doing it daily.it gives them one more edge over us. :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :( :mad:

Check the question number 83 on the following page, it might give you some idea.

http://www.immigration-law.com/Advanced Q&A.html

bruin2003 said:

received and replied 45 days letter on March 15, 2006

Please update my info:

Non-RIR/IL/EB2/PD 11/15/02/Never reach region

45 Day Letter: received and replied on 3/15/06

Labor certified: keep waiting

Our company will re-file PERM for me around 7/15/06. The old priority date will be kept and the recruitement had been done several weeks ago. The layer reminded me that the re-file PERM case may take more than 60 days to be processed, it could take 6 months or even longer. Who knows, just take a chance.

How come no 45 letter yet?

Hi, see my signature for details. I am wondering if there are other ppl out there like me, who still haven't received their 45 day letters.

What can I do in this circumstance? Can someone tell me where the latest tracker file can be found...

Thank you all for this wonderful stress buster

Have your attorney contact Dallas Backlog Center about this. Look for User MDWatch on page number 824 of the forum. He has attachment of the latest tracker file.

bingojohn said:
Hi, see my signature for details. I am wondering if there are other ppl out there like me, who still haven't received their 45 day letters.

What can I do in this circumstance? Can someone tell me where the latest tracker file can be found...

Thank you all for this wonderful stress buster

Last edited by a moderator:
puvathoor said:
Did you not get a 45 Day letter?
I don't know if my employer got the 45 day letter or not as they didn't tell me about it.
I didn't bother to ask about 45DL after LC is approved.

Chocolate said:
Its sad i tried calling them but the person who answered the phone told me she cant answer anyone but lawyer or employer.Its just another way of putting us down apart from our employers doing it daily.it gives them one more edge over us. :rolleyes: :confused: :eek: :( :mad:

Chocolate,

Inform the person that all you want to find out is whether the application was filed EB2 or EB3. She will probably transfer you to another person who might give you the answer. I got the same message too but then she transfered me to someone else who was a real gentleman.

Good Luck

info needed

Kupondole said:
Chocolate,

Inform the person that all you want to find out is whether the application was filed EB2 or EB3. She will probably transfer you to another person who might give you the answer. I got the same message too but then she transfered me to someone else who was a real gentleman.

Good Luck

Thanks very much.i will try to call tomorrow once again.its only till online status check comes into effect we have to be like this always not knowing what is happening with our cases. after that thankfully we can breathe.i also wanted to know i have 2 cases pending in DBEC. can i ask about both of them.

Unlucky Me

or do I have a company. I applied for LC back in Aug 2001 in EB2. Got my 45 days notice 1 week of Dec, 2005. Replied on 15th Dec 2005. Haven't heard anything about my status since then. On the other hand I see cases files in 2004 and received 45 days notice in June 2006 are gettign approved. Depressing ............

45 day Letter not received

I see that lot of you have received your 45 day letter /approvals even after your PD's being later than mine.

My DOL details :
State :MI
PD : 7/8/2004
EB2 -RIR
ETA # : D05215-67XXX
45 Day Letter : Not received

I have the screen shot from DOL ( not sure when the layer got this) and the status stays "Data Review".

I have read in the Forum that the DBEC has mailed all the 45 Day Letters. I am not sure what is wrong.
Is anyone in the same boat as me?

Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
No 45d letter.

No 45d letter too! Actually no information at all! PD is 12/2004. I understand your feeling. I am trying very hard not to drive myself crazy.

info

vghiya said:
or do I have a company. I applied for LC back in Aug 2001 in EB2. Got my 45 days notice 1 week of Dec, 2005. Replied on 15th Dec 2005. Haven't heard anything about my status since then. On the other hand I see cases files in 2004 and received 45 days notice in June 2006 are gettign approved. Depressing ............
Maybe you should call the 202 number tell them your PD they might help u in knowing your case status. You can give it a try .

Don't get discouraged...

rpat68 said:
I see that lot of you have received your 45 day letter /approvals even after your PD's being later than mine.

My DOL details :
State :MI
PD : 7/8/2004
EB2 -RIR
ETA # : D05215-67XXX
45 Day Letter : Not received

I have the screen shot from DOL ( not sure when the layer got this) and the status stays "Data Review".

I have read in the Forum that the DBEC has mailed all the 45 Day Letters. I am not sure what is wrong.
Is anyone in the same boat as me?

Thx

MY PD is 1/2002. I haven't got the 45 day letter yet. My case is atleast 2.5 years older than yours. Keep your hopes and wait for the best.