Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

got my 45 day letter today

It look like block prcess center will keep their word this time. sent all the 45 days letter by the end of june.

I got my 45 day letter today.

WA/Non-RIR - EB2
PD:02-28-2005
45 DL : 06-21-2006

How I know my Labor was filed on EB2 or EB3 base

How I know my Labor was filed on EB2 or EB3 base , my lawyer never replayed me regarding this ,Please can some one help me on this.

Hi UG,

Your PD is almost at the same time as mine. I talked to my Attorney and he does not give any info reg my case other than asking me to wait. Does your Attorney/Employer have any info as to why our cases are being delayed?

Its been a harsh deal not knowing what's happening with our cases. :mad:

GCH1B7 said:
How I know my Labor was filed on EB2 or EB3 base , my lawyer never replayed me regarding this ,Please can some one help me on this.

Look at experience in ETA750A, Bachelors+>=5 AND / OR Masters + >=0 = EB2 otherwise EB3

EB2 or EB3 (depends on Job Desc)

It depends on what the job req. in my case though i had master's the job desc had bach as the requirement, so they applied mine in EB3. I asked them several times.. but the lawyer wouldn't agree. It is policy of the company (lawyer's = devils) who is applying for you.

The lawyers basically can override and do it, saying you have the qualification, but they wouldn't.. the more the delay, the more income for them. so they do it in the least possible level always.

Also was wondering if anyone who received 45 day and replied in April middle waiting out there for labor cert ? 4/18/06 was my reply date. i saw lot of people in that time frame got approvals.

Hang in there, we will get it someday... soon, dont give up hopes

calabor said:
Look at experience in ETA750A, Bachelors+>=5 AND / OR Masters + >=0 = EB2 otherwise EB3

Thank you ,one more queary

Thank for replay , in ETA750 A point # 14 is regarding education and work experience , if applicant match the creatures (Bachelors+>=5 AND / OR Masters + >=0 = EB2 ) then applicant is EB2, this is the only thing which drives EB2 or EB3 , is their any thing else ?

calabor said:

Thank for replay , in ETA750 A point # 14 is regarding education and work experience , if applicant match the creatures (Bachelors+>=5 AND / OR Masters + >=0 = EB2 ) then applicant is EB2, this is the only thing which drives EB2 or EB3 , is their any thing else ?

GCH1B7 said:

I think the salary too matters depending on the state and PWD. If you mention experience for EB2 but match the salary only for EB3 PWD then it won't be EB2 eligible. Check if your lawyer/employer got the PWD from your state SWA for EB2 profile.

same situation

slowlazygc said:
It depends on what the job req. in my case though i had master's the job desc had bach as the requirement, so they applied mine in EB3. I asked them several times.. but the lawyer wouldn't agree. It is policy of the company (lawyer's = devils) who is applying for you.

The lawyers basically can override and do it, saying you have the qualification, but they wouldn't.. the more the delay, the more income for them. so they do it in the least possible level always.

Also was wondering if anyone who received 45 day and replied in April middle waiting out there for labor cert ? 4/18/06 was my reply date. i saw lot of people in that time frame got approvals.

Hang in there, we will get it someday... soon, dont give up hopes

I am also in the same boat.I have masters and 8 years experience .But even after me insisting to apply thru EB2 lawyer went ahead and applied in EB3 .Yes,its all what they want to do and then they say that job requirement was as such.
The thing that bugs me most is i am from worldwide category so i wanted to take advantage of dates being current for eb2 but they went right ahead and applied in eb3 where it doesnt help much being from world wide category
in the screen shot i got from DBEC it said category RIR and my HR told labor applied it eb3 can it be RIR and eb3 .Any inputs

PD May 2004 EB3
RD 45 day letter oct 2005
Case no D-05111-xxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Chocolate said:
I am also in the same boat.I have masters and 8 years experience .But even after me insisting to apply thru EB2 lawyer went ahead and applied in EB3 .Yes,its all what they want to do and then they say that job requirement was as such.
The thing that bugs me most is i am from worldwide category so i wanted to take advantage of dates being current for eb2 but they went right ahead and applied in eb3 where it doesnt help much being from world wide category
in the screen shot i got from DBEC it said category RIR and my HR told labor applied it eb3 can it be RIR and eb3 .Any inputs

PD May 2004 EB3
RD 45 day letter oct 2005
Case no D-05111-xxxxx

RIR and EB category are two different things.

RIR and regular are the method used to apply for the LC. In one case (RIR), the recruitment is done by the employer prior to filing. In the regular case, the recruitment is done after filing under the DOL supervision.

EB2 or EB3 is the category in which you will file your I-140. It is dependant on a combination of education and experience as specified in the LC application.

GCH1B7 said:

not aware of other criteria ... someone mentioned salary, but not sure of that too ... heard about DOL asking to increase salary thru RFE/NOF but not heard of outright rejection of EB2//LC just bcoz of salary...

You are right, I just wanted to add that required education and experience is not sufficient, you also need a job description which is for EB2 plus prevailing wage for EB2 category as IMMI_SEEKER said, if it does not fulfil these criteria then you could not apply as EB2 even though if you have PhD.

MDwatch said:
RIR and EB category are two different things.

RIR and regular are the method used to apply for the LC. In one case (RIR), the recruitment is done by the employer prior to filing. In the regular case, the recruitment is done after filing under the DOL supervision.

EB2 or EB3 is the category in which you will file your I-140. It is dependant on a combination of education and experience as specified in the LC application.

jewelhaque said:
You are right, I just wanted to add that required education and experience is not sufficient, you also need a job description which is for EB2 plus prevailing wage for EB2 category as IMMI_SEEKER said, if it does not fulfil these criteria then you could not apply as EB2 even though if you have PhD.

Correct - thanks for the precision

I got my 45 day letter too. Too bad my Boss is on vacation... :-( Who typically needs to reply to the 45 day letter - employer or lawyer or could it be any?

Case: RIR - EB3
State: AZ
PD:12-17-2004
Received 45 day letter: Yes (6/22/2006)
Case Number: D-05210-xxxx

my labor just got approved, I am in EB-2. Now the determination of EB-2 will be done at I-140 stage? or am I done?
rgds,
akela

Did you got any update ,I have the same time frame as you and I did not get any ,but couple for my friend have same time frame as us they did …..

sai2 said:
Case: RIR - EB2.
State: Illinois.
PD:11-17-2004.
RD:7-17-2005.
Received 45 day letter: no
Case Number: D-05199-xxxx

Help Please - list of EB-2 job descriptions

jewelhaque said:

Soounds like you know what you are talking about. I have LC approved for EB-3, but am trying for EB-2. I have serached http://online.onetcenter.org/crosswalk/
for a title that suites me. Unfortuenately, it is very difficult - EB-2 requires a skill set equivalent to a sergeon in my opinion.

QUESTION - is there a data base / web site, that I can serach for EB-2 job titles for only a bachelors (+ 5 years exp) = SVP of 8.0

Thanks

akela,

congratulations on your labor approval. can you please post your PD, case number (last few digits crossed out), state and category? just so that we know what range DBEC is adjudicating right now, although we all know that the processing is RIRO (Random In Random Out)

akela said:
my labor just got approved, I am in EB-2. Now the determination of EB-2 will be done at I-140 stage? or am I done?
rgds,
akela