Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Mohan.. I checked with the attorney. Even he was surprised that BEC sent me a letter. Usually it is supposed to go only to the attorney and a copy to the company. In any case if your address has changed it is better to update your attorney who in turn might update the records for future

mohanonline said:
Caboodle: You have said "I also received a letter from the Dallas BEC May 16th", do they respond with a letter to the candidate as well informing the Labour Approval. I did change my apt since the time i applied my Labour, so i believe they might have my old address in the application. Do i have to update my address with DBEC, to get the approval letter.
Mohan.. I checked with the attorney. Even he was surprised that BEC sent me a letter. Usually it is supposed to go only to the attorney and a copy to the company. In any case if your address has changed it is better to update your attorney who in turn might update the records for future

Work authorization for dependent

Hello everyone,
I think I'm in the right place...
Can anyone answer my question: At what point in the whole process my wife who is on H4 will be elligible for work in the US?

My labor certification paperwork is still somewhere in the guts of Dallas BEC. Here is the latest I got from my lawyer at the end of 2005:

As far as where you are in the permanent residency process, the labor certification was transferred to the DOL's backlog reduction center in March of this year and should be approved sometime in 2006. Until DOL approves it there is no other action to take.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that there will be another long waiting period from the moment the labor is approved and my attorney files for Adjustment of status to the moment when the actual Green Card is issued. Can my spouse apply for work authorization and work during that period?

Thank you.

yunest said:
Hello everyone,
I think I'm in the right place...
Can anyone answer my question: At what point in the whole process my wife who is on H4 will be elligible for work in the US?

My labor certification paperwork is still somewhere in the guts of Dallas BEC. Here is the latest I got from my lawyer at the end of 2005:

As far as where you are in the permanent residency process, the labor certification was transferred to the DOL's backlog reduction center in March of this year and should be approved sometime in 2006. Until DOL approves it there is no other action to take.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that there will be another long waiting period from the moment the labor is approved and my attorney files for Adjustment of status to the moment when the actual Green Card is issued. Can my spouse apply for work authorization and work during that period?

Thank you.

yun,

first labor needs to be approved, depending on your priority date(henceforth called PD), ur lawyer will apply for I-140/485/AP/EAD. once you get EAD for you and ur wife, she can work, till then let her Ennnnjoy life...

How do I get a screen shot

Trying to get a screen shot of LC at DBEC.
RIR/ Ohio SWA to Regional DOL: Accepted March 15, 2004
45day ltr March 18, 2005
Response to 45day ltr March 29, 2005

LC got approved

My LC was approved from Dallas BEC. :)

See my signature for detail. It's really surprising.

Cheers..

Logic is indeed luck

Check this one now. I am not fighting just to let you guys now.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1430271&postcount=11781

I have same PD but no 45 day letter yet. Either people like me are sinners or some people are really lucky.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1430271&postcount=11781

sfmars said:
What specific did you find in that case ?
Why do you think that my logic is not right IF SOMEONE HAS RIR PD < 01/2004 AND HE/SHE HAS GOT RECENTLY 45DL, HE/SHE IS ONE MONTH UP TO TWO FROM HIS/HER APPROVAL.

I clearly tried to say that based on my own opinion and for the current time only, the time of the approval is combination of PD and Response of 45DL and RIR.

This logic does not work for old cases with PD < 09/2003 who got 45DL long time ago, my guess is that something is wrong with those cases.

If your PD is 03/2005 and you got yesterday 45DL it does not mean that your approval is comming pretty soon.

This case just show that RIR Regional cases with PD > 01/2004 and who responded long time ago to 45DL should know that their approval queue is around July 2004. But Regional or SWA does not matter now since they started to approve SWA cases at the beginning of 2006.

Although this case is SWA but it shows where General approval queue is.

Suprised to receive 45-day Notice

My attorney just informed me of receipt/reply of the 45-day notice. DBEC has been busy. I wonder how long approval will lag?

- EB2, RIR, OR
- PD: 3/05/2005
- 45-day letter received: 5/9/2006
- 45-day letter responded: 5/15/2006
- Approval letter:
- ETA case number:attorney won't release it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Help! Screen Shot

sika27 said:
Trying to get a screen shot of LC at DBEC.
RIR/ Ohio SWA to Regional DOL: Accepted March 15, 2004
45day ltr March 18, 2005
Response to 45day ltr March 29, 2005

Hello! I would appreciate some help to navigate this maze at the DBEC
-EB2, RIR, OH
-PD: 03/15/2004
- 45- day letter received: 03/18/2005
- 45- day letter responded: 03/29/2005
- ETA case number:D-05011-XXXXX

Please help

Hello Gurus,

This is one of the best forums and my major source of info on DBEC.

Here's my scenario:

My company had filed a LC RIR-EB2. Here's the details:

LC RIR-EB2
State: CA
PD: March 22nd, 2005
45 Day Letter Received: Sep 09, 2005
45 Day Letter Replied: Sep 13, 2005

My company had applied LCs for more than 1000 people last March. I guess less than 20 people got 45 Day letters, and all of them received it in September 2005. Majority of the people who received 45 day letter in Sep, have recently got their LC approved. I think there are ~5 people remaining in the same boat as me.

I have already started the PERM application process few months back, and the attorneys are about to file my PERM application next week. I have got my 7th year extension done, my current H1 expires Sep 30th, 2007. I have started the PERM application as a refile option to preserve the old PD of March 22, 2005. I have the option of either filing PERM as a new application or filing PERM as a refile to the old LC.

1. I am not sure if I even need to apply PERM?

2. I am not sure if I can take the risk of applying the PERM as a refile, in which case if my PERM application is denied, then I will have no option to extend my H1 beyond the 7th year. So, I am thinking of filing the PERM as a new application in which case, I will not have any problem if the PERM gets denied. But then I will lose the PD if the PERM goes thru.

The advantages of applying new PERM (not refile) application:
1. Will know the result in less than 3 months, thereby get some stability in life.
2. The current DBEC processing is totally random, and very difficult to predict when the LC is going to be approved. As I said 95% of the people in my company have yet to receive their 45 day letters.

Disadvantages:
1. Will loose the PD, since I am from India, will have to wait a little bit longer. On the other hand, will still be able to extend the H1.

please advice.

thanks in advance for your suggestions.

not approved.

jhawk said:
Hello Gurus,

This is one of the best forums and my major source of info on DBEC.

Here's my scenario:

My company had filed a LC RIR-EB2. Here's the details:

LC RIR-EB2
State: CA
PD: March 22nd, 2005
45 Day Letter Received: Sep 09, 2005
45 Day Letter Replied: Sep 13, 2005

My company had applied LCs for more than 1000 people last March. I guess less than 20 people got 45 Day letters, and all of them received it in September 2005. Majority of the people who received 45 day letter in Sep, have recently got their LC approved. I think there are ~5 people remaining in the same boat as me.

I have already started the PERM application process few months back, and the attorneys are about to file my PERM application next week. I have got my 7th year extension done, my current H1 expires Sep 30th, 2007. I have started the PERM application as a refile option to preserve the old PD of March 22, 2005. I have the option of either filing PERM as a new application or filing PERM as a refile to the old LC.

1. I am not sure if I even need to apply PERM?

2. I am not sure if I can take the risk of applying the PERM as a refile, in which case if my PERM application is denied, then I will have no option to extend my H1 beyond the 7th year. So, I am thinking of filing the PERM as a new application in which case, I will not have any problem if the PERM gets denied. But then I will lose the PD if the PERM goes thru.

The advantages of applying new PERM (not refile) application:
1. Will know the result in less than 3 months, thereby get some stability in life.
2. The current DBEC processing is totally random, and very difficult to predict when the LC is going to be approved. As I said 95% of the people in my company have yet to receive their 45 day letters.

Disadvantages:
1. Will loose the PD, since I am from India, will have to wait a little bit longer. On the other hand, will still be able to extend the H1.

please advice.

thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I got my 45 day letter in same range. But i am yet to be approved. My HR already said wait for one more year.
EB2 RIR
PD May 2004
RD 45 day letter sep 2005-oct 2005
Case number D-05111-xxxxx

Help: traditional application (NON-RIR)

I found out recently that my application was submitted as non-RIR with PD 11.2003. Does anyone know if the traditional applications are still being processed normally? and are there any additional risks attached? Does it make sense at this point to continue on with the application or switch to a new PERM?

Thanks.

D

Approval with "Existence check = failed"

Hi,
I would like to know if anyone got Approved with "Existence check = failed" ( after replying 45DL) . My PD is Feb.2004 and my screenshot says existence check failed. People who applied later than me from my company got approvals already... I am worried.

45 Day letter

hello
my case status says i got a D-052XX-XXXXX. I have not received a 45 day letter. Do you guys know how long it takes after case is in Data Review to get a 45 day letter

thanks

Approval confusion

desolate said:
hello
my case status says i got a D-052XX-XXXXX. I have not received a 45 day letter. Do you guys know how long it takes after case is in Data Review to get a 45 day letter

thanks
Dont worry same thing happened to me when i asked for screen shot .When i asked my lawyer he said he didnt get the 45 day letter .But after a week he got the letter.chances are yours will be approved almost immediately by the way they are approving in DBEC.best of luck.

PD May 2004 EB2 RIR
RD 45 day letter Oct 2005
case number D-05111-xxxxx
approval-?

45 Day letter

Is 45 Day letter and RFE the same?

My attorney says that they have received an RFE on my case in April 2005 and responded to it (they didn't give much details). I'm not sure if this is the same as the 45 Day letter.
I have requested for a screenshot in Jan 2006 and received one which showed case status as RIR with the new case number starting with D-05005.
Does this mean that there was an RFE on my case or it was just a request for more information (45 Day letter)?

Please add to tracker

DBEC Case # : D-05206-XXXXX
Priority DATE : Aug 2004
SWA : Minnesota
Category : EB3 / RIR
Regional Received Date: Never received.
45 Day Letter: Not received
Approval Date : Not yet
Case Status : Data Review

NikePhoros said:
Is 45 Day letter and RFE the same?

My attorney says that they have received an RFE on my case in April 2005 and responded to it (they didn't give much details). I'm not sure if this is the same as the 45 Day letter.
I have requested for a screenshot in Jan 2006 and received one which showed case status as RIR with the new case number starting with D-05005.
Does this mean that there was an RFE on my case or it was just a request for more information (45 Day letter)?

No, RFE is request for evience. They may want some additional document or information about you or your company. Good side is: Your case is being processed!