Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I think either your employer or attorney can sign it, but what did your attorney say?

By "combine" did you mean to apply the earlier PD of your Regular case to the RIR one? I haven't seen or heard of this, maybe others familiar with such cases can chime in. It sure is an interesting scenario though; let us know what your attorney recommends if you don't mind :)

JY-GC said:
I have applied both Regular and RIR in May 2004, and Oct. 2004. So far I have received the 45-d letter for Regular, and my company signed it for continue processing the case, should my attorney sign it for continue processing too?

Do you think I can combine both Regular and RIR together to one case?

Please Help!

45-day letter received!

Please update my info in the tracker. :D

TX/EB2/RIR
PD: 07/2004
45DL Received: 4/19/2006
45DL Replied: 4/20/2006
Case #: D-05196-*****

Where is the basis for optimism?

I just can't see where all this hope comes from. I have been waiting 19 months for a 45 day letter. When you look at the latest DOL report it seems that they are years from getting to us. Maybe the rush of the 45 day letter got to you.

9-04 PD
CA EB-2
I am Canadian.

cacanuk said:
Just my thoughts guys.... I think EVERYONE will be put into the computer (for real) and ALL 45 day letters will be sent within 3 months (allows a little time for delay for some). There will be some oversights for unknown reasons - but I think this will be very few.

After that - I think we will see FIFO (or very very close to this) - as the files should be able to be pulled up in the computer appropriately.

Starting in July (we will know by mid Aug -- hopefully) we should see very fast processing - hopefully many many approvals.

Again - as I have siad before -even if we get an approval - "we ain't go'n anywhere". But, we all do what to desperately get in the next line.

Thoughts anyone?????????????????

Hello SFMARS !

We do see people are getting 45DL with the PD 07/2004. Do you have any comment on how DBEC is generating 45DL. When do you predict people from IL will start getting 45DL? Your comment would be greatly appreciated.

Truly you are helping a lot ! Thanks a lot SFMARS !! May God bless you !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am Canadian Too

GCby2050 said:
I just can't see where all this hope comes from. I have been waiting 19 months for a 45 day letter. When you look at the latest DOL report it seems that they are years from getting to us. Maybe the rush of the 45 day letter got to you.

9-04 PD
CA EB-2
I am Canadian.

Logic, but mostly - "gut feel". My company pays me a lot of money to do what I do, and most of it is based on logic and my gut (God talking to me).

Here is my basis:
1. DBEC was moving at one point for approvals - and now is not (I know they were working on easily approvable (I think I just up a word) regional cases).
2. Commitment to get out 45 day letters SEEMS to be happening -- this is what they are busy doing.
3. This means all data is entered into computer -- AM I WRONG HERE???? EXPERTS CORRECT ME. If so - this is by far the "rate limiting step". I think simply pulling up the file, making a few checks in the paper copy (if need be), and giving an approval OR "need more info" will happen.
4. I also think, they will be able to pull the cases up by PD = FIFO - not really, First In First "Being worked on". "Clean files" (all of my attorney's have been "clean" with NO questions asked) will fly through when their turn comes.
5. Above is "logic". It seems sensible - or go ahead and shoot holes in it???? BUT, my GUT tells me we are on the way. It has been wrong before, but not too often.

My guesstimate (I just made up another word) for my approval is 6 - 8 months (see signature), but I hope a lot sooner -- possibly in 3-4!!!

Yet another Canuck in California

I am already in the XLS tracker file for a screen shot I received last year. I would like to update my information to include my 45-day letter which arrived today:

PD: 04/16/2004
ETA Case Number: D-05195-2xxxx
RIR
State: CA
BEC: Dallas
45 day letter received: 04/24/2006 (was sent from DBEC last week).
45 day letter replied: tomorrow

How to interpret BRC Case Number

Hello Everyone,
I recently got my BRC number from the lawyers and would like to know how to intepret it.

My details are as follows
TX/ EB2 / non-RIR
PD: 01-27-2003
RD: Never went to regional
BEC#: D-05221- 94xxx (Got it on 4/20/06)

Regards.

Cool

grantb4 said:
I am already in the XLS tracker file for a screen shot I received last year. I would like to update my information to include my 45-day letter which arrived today:

PD: 04/16/2004
ETA Case Number: D-05195-2xxxx
RIR
State: CA
BEC: Dallas
45 day letter received: 04/24/2006 (was sent from DBEC last week).
45 day letter replied: tomorrow

Congrats grantb4.. This is good for you. I am also from CA, EB2/RIR, Apr 2004 .. and although I hope to get mine soon (based on your approval), I sorta know that there isnt much of a pattern, but keeping the faith never hurt ...

Please ignore the silly smiley in my previous message..

peace4u said:
Congrats grantb4.. This is good for you. I am also from CA, EB2/RIR, Apr 2004 .. and although I hope to get mine soon (based on your approval), I sorta know that there isnt much of a pattern, but keeping the faith never hurt ...

Congrats again and good luck for your I-140

BEC, 45-day letters, some figures.

Congrats to the latest approvals. For those of us waiting, keep the faith and exercise your patience. My Non-IRI case dates back to April 2001!

The odd behavior observed in approval dates may be explained by the fact that we have very few samples. Combining tracking databases I doubt we have 50,000 entries.

Here is some food for thought for those waiting approvals.

1) Since BEC were created only 30% of cases have been processed.

2) There are 255,000 cases pending. On a random draw your odds of your application being picked is less than one in a quarter million. (0.0004%)

3) Per DOL website backlogs will be eliminated by 9/30/2007. With 255,000 cases pending this means that over 13,400 cases will be approved per month.

When were BECs created? 24 months ago, 20 months ago? That yields to only 4500 or 5400 cases approved per month

Have any new financial resources or manpower been allocated to BEC ? How are BEC's going to process 1/4 M applications in 18 months?

Sources:

(1) & (2) www.murthy.com

See post under http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1406976&postcount=692

(3) http://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/

Good luck,

xman_74

April 2001 = PD
N/A = Data Regional Office
MI = State
EB3
Regular / Non-IRI
Unknown = DOT Code:
MI = Transferred from
Still Waiting = 45-day Letter Received
Unknown = ETA#:
N/A = 45-day Letter Replied:
N/A = Approval Date:

Last edited by a moderator:
Labor is uncertain

I am silent visitor of this forum since long time. I would like to know did anybody got the 45 day letter from DBEC who filed from Wyoming state. My case was filed in Sept 2004, but did not received the 45 day letter till now. Please let me know if anybody got the 45 day letter.

RD: Never went

DOL website

xman_74 said:
Congrats to the latest approvals. For those of us waiting, keep the faith and exercise your patience. My Non-IRI case dates back to April 2001!

The odd behavior observed in approval dates may be explained by the fact that we have very few samples. Combining tracking databases I doubt we have 50,000 entries.

2) There are 255,000 cases pending. On a random draw your odds of your application being picked is less than one in a quarter million. (0.0004%)

3) Per DOL website backlogs will be eliminated by 9/30/2007. With 255,000 cases pending this means that over 13,400 cases will be approved per month.

When were BECs created? 24 months ago, 20 months ago? That yields to only 4500 or 5400 cases approved per month

Have any new financial resources or manpower been allocated to BEC ? How are BEC's going to process 1/4 M applications in 18 months?

Sources:

(1) & (2) www.murthy.com

See post under http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1406976&postcount=692

Good luck,

xman_74

April 2001 = PD
MI = State
EB3
Regular / Non-IRI
Unknown = DOT Code:
MI = Transferred from
Unknown = ETA#:
N/A = Approval Date:

The website says very prominently:

Foreign Labor Certification
Backlog will be eliminated 9/30/2007

When the last time DOL put up their dates for June 2006, did they have something similar.. does anyone know/remember?

Need help regarding Labor Substitution

Hi friends,

I need some help on labor substitution. A labor certification for an employee who is no longer with the company has just gotten approved, and I am trying to get the employer and attorney to use it for me. The labor certification is for an entry-level MS degree with no work experience position filed as EB2 RIR in 2002. The attorney is arguing against the substitution saying that I am now in a position that requires MS plus 5 years work experience so I cannot fit the entry-level LC. However, if I understand things correctly, if I met ALL the MINIMUM requirements stated in the labor certification on the day it was filed, I am eligible for substitution - this is true in this case. I did have a MS degree and was myself in an entry level position in 2002 when the case was filed. In fact, my own labor certification was for an entry level position, but since that is far from being approved, I would like to benefit from this approved labor certification. Given that it takes anywhere from 2 to 5 years for these LCs to get approved, it is reasonable that in this time frame, employees will move to more senior positions.

What I would like help on from you guys is some pointers to where the requirements for labor substitution are mentioned - e.g. on DoL or USCIS websites or on AILA websites, etc so that I can use it against the attorney's argument of not being able to use the labor certification for me. The attorney and HR are being very shrewd, it sounds like it is a political decision on their part to not let me benefit from this labor certification because they know that I have had enough of slavery with the company and the day I get my GC I will be out of there. They'd rather see me get my GC 2+ years later using my own LC than get it in 1 year using this approved LC.

Guys and gals, please help. There are some very knowledgable folks on this forum, hence I am turning to this forum for some useful pointers to take to my attorney. Please post pointers here or PM me.

Thank you

xman_74 said:

Sources:

(1) & (2) www.murthy.com

Good luck,

xman_74

April 2001 = PD
MI = State
EB3
Regular / Non-IRI
Unknown = DOT Code:
MI = Transferred from
Unknown = ETA#:
N/A = Approval Date:

both BECs combined have 200 contractors
assuming 150 working on just approving cases, after june 30, assuming 8hrs/day, 20 days/mon, taking dec '06 off for vacation, we have 14 months till sep 30, 07.
Total # of work hours = 150 * 8 * 20 *14 = 336000
on the average, they will get 79 min per case *after all the 45 day letters are mailed out on jun 30 06*

the contract employees have no right to process (approve or denial case). They provide help to those certify officers and only certify officers - formal federal agents can review and process cases

calabor said:
both BECs combined have 200 contractors
assuming 150 working on just approving cases, after june 30, assuming 8hrs/day, 20 days/mon, taking dec '06 off for vacation, we have 14 months till sep 30, 07.
Total # of work hours = 150 * 8 * 20 *14 = 336000
on the average, they will get 79 min per case *after all the 45 day letters are mailed out on jun 30 06*

Case Status

Hi Gurus,
I requested a screen shot of my case. Both case status and processing type fields have an entry of 'TR'. It makes sense to have TR in processiing type, but not in case status field. Any ideas why the status field contains 'TR'???

I think mistakenly BEC entered on the wrong field. I think nothing to worry about.

shralite said:
Hi Gurus,
I requested a screen shot of my case. Both case status and processing type fields have an entry of 'TR'. It makes sense to have TR in processiing type, but not in case status field. Any ideas why the status field contains 'TR'???

Same Boat

savema27 said:
I am silent visitor of this forum since long time. I would like to know did anybody got the 45 day letter from DBEC who filed from Wyoming state. My case was filed in Sept 2004, but did not received the 45 day letter till now. Please let me know if anybody got the 45 day letter.

RD: Never went

Hi Savema27!

I am also from Wyoming State. You can send a private email to appana63@gmail.com Here are my details:

State: WY
PD: Nov, 04
EB3/RIR
45-Day lr: Not yet