Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

grnc said:
Is there any hope?

KS RIR case
State got cleared but the screen shot from DBEC still says source as STATE.

Can any body make sense of the fact that some people find the 'case source' & 'processing type' fields blank in the screen shot they receive (More so in one's requested during 2006) while some others DO NOT have the fields blanked out ?

What do you guys think causes this difference, one who requsts the screen shot may be ? (Attorney vs HR vs Individual) ???

Hello kgp!

It looks like DBEC is currently processing December, 2003 RIR cases. If your case is RIR, you should atleast receive 45DL. I think you and grnc should contact your attorney immediately to find out what is going on with your case.

Thanks !

kgp said:
grnc, Are you with Sprint/or IBM?

same case here

KS RIR EB2
PD JAN 2002
Chicago Regional RD Dec 2002
No 45 day letter yet.
No screen shot

Hi jewelhaque,

Is DBEC working RIR Regional cases or SWA cases?. If that is true, something wrong with my case.

Sprint/IBM Cases

Hi KGP.., I am with IBM.., moving back to Sprint.

Hi jewelhaque, I heard that even 45 day letters are coming out in a random order(Not based on PD). Is that true?

I am just looking for a case which was filed in 2001/2002 and haven't received any communication from BRC. Please post reply if you guys know of any such case(Other than the ones applied by Sprint/IBM).

As per SFMARS there is no difference between RIR Regional cases and SWA cases any more, now they are giving same priority. I think they are going by RIR over TR.

setram said:
Hi jewelhaque,

Is DBEC working RIR Regional cases or SWA cases?. If that is true, something wrong with my case.

Suggestion to all

I have been suffering for getting my labor approved for over 3 years. BPCs have done very little, case got closed, reopened, marked as STATE instead of REGIONAL and...bottom line that labor is waiting for ever to clear.

Recently I got PERM approved....in a matter of two months. Now atleast I can file I-140 and get 3 years of H1 extension rather than 1 year at a time...better yet I have an old I-140 approval with July 2001 PD which I am going to claim...so I done with Labor pains....

Why don't you all either convert to PERM or apply a new PERM atleast that way you get 3 years of H1 extsns.

Hi can someone help me out please???

I have PD of feb 2005 and my LC(EB3) is pending in BEC. I got a promotion now to Sr.business analyst and my job requirement now needs BS+5 yrs experience. I want to know whether i can file a fresh EB2 PERM for the new promoted job? Can i keep my pending LC in the BEC and file a new perm EB2?

Anybody in similar situation??

Hi Here is my case . Wondering if someone is in the same boat?

State: California
Priority date 31-AUG-2001
Category non RIR
45 day received in De 2005
Response was sometime in Jan 2006
Case # D-0513******
Awaiting approval

Any pointers are highly appreciated

some info needed.

SFMARS some help needed

My case PD is May 2004 and RD case,filed from IL.45 day letter Oct 2005.ETA-D-05111-xxxxx.Saw many approvals from aug and june 2004 .In case my labor is approved is it now a rule that within 45 days 140/485 shud be applied.

That was a proposal. not a rule yet.
Source : http://www.immigration-law.com/

see under ---> For Pre-March 15, 2006 News, Please Click Here.

03/09/2006: Serious Flaw of 45-day Validity of Labor Certification under Proposed Substitution Elimination Rule

The DOL's proposed substitution elimination rule with the comment period ending on April 4, 2006 has a number of flaws which many stakeholder parties will address to the agency in writing before the deadline. Here, we want to address just one of these flaws related to the provision which will limit the validity of the certified labor certification application to 45 days from the date of certification. As the agency would admit it, the National Processing Centers and Backlog Processing Centers have failed to timely mail out the certified labor certification applications in a number of cases both in the PERM applications and the Backlog applications. There have been some reports by the legal counsels and employers that in the case of PERM applications, after they learned that the cases had been certified online, they failed to receive the certified applications even way over a month! There have been similar reports for the Backlog cases in that the employers and the counsels have received the certified applications a substantial number of days behind the date of certification. No matter how meticulously the agency processes the mailing of the certification, without doubt, there will be some cases of delay in mailing of the certified applications. This will be particularly serious in the PERM applications that require signature of the alien applicants on the original certified application before the employers can file I-140 petition. Sometimes, employers file the PERM applications for the alien beneficiaries who reside outside of the United States or who reside in the United States but travel at the time of receipt of the certified applications after delays in the agency's mailing. In a number of cases, depending on the extent of the agency's delays in the mailing, it would be impossible to timely obtain the signatures from the aliens residing or travelling abroad within 45days from " the date of certification."
Obviously, this provision is a product of either oversight or failure to work out a rule after a well thought-out analysis and review. Firstly, the 45-day should not run until the certification is mailed out by the agency as proven by a post-mark on the envelope or until the certification is received by the legal counsel or the employer. Secondly, in some instances, the 45-day clock should not run or an extended period should be provided to make this policy work. For instance, for the aliens residing or travelling in foreign countries, depending on the itinerary of the aliens, delivery of the certified PERM applications on such a short notice may not work at all. Additionally, there would be situations where the alien is in an emergency situation such as surgery or in coma or other emergencies. The proposed regulation is unreasonably and unnecessarily rigid on this issue and fails to accomodate certain exceptional circumstances that need a special rule on the running of 45 days. The DOL is urged to change the start date of 45-day validity from certification date to either mailing date or receipt date, and more importantly, to provide exceptional circumstances and rules where a different rule should prevail in counting 45 days.

Chocolate said:
SFMARS some help needed

My case PD is May 2004 and RD case,filed from IL.45 day letter Oct 2005.ETA-D-05111-xxxxx.Saw many approvals from aug and june 2004 .In case my labor is approved is it now a rule that within 45 days 140/485 shud be applied.

I think that post of gth999 answered 100% to your question.

My own opinion is that even when 45 day rule is implemented, old approved cases will get new 45 days, after implementation of 45 day rule.

It would be very shockingly if they implement 45 day rule on April 4th and case with approved date of September 2005 becomes immediately invalid.

Although everything could happen.

Let's hope for the best

Data Review

Got ETA case number T-05213-*****
case status Data Review

Last edited by a moderator:
anu.sonti said:
Got ETA case number T-05213-64419
case status Data Review
hi anu,

how did u get a status. did u request u r self or attorney.
where did u send the email. if u can post the email would be gr8.

pd -11/11/04 - tx-rir-eb3

BEC is planning to complete in sending all 45DL by end of June, 2006.

gchope1974 said:
sfmars -
When do u think IL SWA (RIR) cases with Aug-Sept-2004 PD start getting their 45-DL ? Thanks in advance.

BEC Tracker Update

PLEASE JUST POST YOUR UPDATES IN THE BEC PRIORITY DATE TRACKER THREAD .

MVINAYS OR MYSELF WILL UPDATE THE EXCEL TRACKER. IT IS HARDER TO KEEP VERSION CONTROL IF OTHER PEOPLE UPDATE THE TRACKER DIRECTLY.

WHEN POSTING UPDATES, PLEASE INCLUDE INFO YOU MAY HAVE:

STATE SWA
EB2 or EB3
RIR or Regular
PD - Priority date - try to get the real date, not just month and year
RD - Regional receipt date[/B] - if you didn't get to Regional, say "NO TRANSFER"
Regional DOL
New BEC Case no. - please provide all but last 3 numbers
45-day letter Date received

IF YOU ARE GOING TO POST YOUR SCREENSHOT, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO POST STATE AND REGIONAL RD

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF THE TRACKER :)

My 6th year H1 is going to expire on 30th sep 2006, so i requested my attorney to send an email to get the screen shot from dBEC, but my attorney faxed a request and they got reply within two days by fax. and she faxed me all the papers she got. It doesn't have any letter head saying it is from dBEC but the first page contained info that the fax is from dBEC. and the next page has all other info like PD, application received date, case status etc.

bitu72 said:
hi anu,

how did u get a status. did u request u r self or attorney.
where did u send the email. if u can post the email would be gr8.

pd -11/11/04 - tx-rir-eb3

too late to re-start green card?

My PD is Oct 2002 and I am still waiting for the Labor. I am tired of waiting any longer. I got a very good job offer recently. However, my H1 will be full 5 years by May 1. Is there any possiblity that I can start the green card application before May 1?

Thanks a lot for your response.

CA
PD 10/2002
RIR
EB2
No Labor yet

T555 said:
My PD is Oct 2002 and I am still waiting for the Labor. I am tired of waiting any longer. I got a very good job offer recently. However, my H1 will be full 5 years by May 1. Is there any possiblity that I can start the green card application before May 1?

Thanks a lot for your response.

CA
PD 10/2002
RIR
EB2
No Labor yet

Hi T555, do you know if your case ever made to it to regional?. Andy 45 day letters?