Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

manager2 said:
I am still waiting for Dallas BEC people to clear my case. My case details:

PD: 04/01/2004
State: WI (Cleared and went to regional)
Rcvd 45-day letter on 03/2005
LC Approval: ???

I have seen lot of people with PD later than me getting approvals. Not sure why my case is not getting any attention. Not sure if there are people like me waiting for their LC's

Thanks

Yup, there are. PD sep 03, still waiting. :cool:

life_w/o_gc said:
Hi gth999,

Why do you think that you cannot retain the old PD?

Is it because of change from EB2 to EB1 or otherwise also?

REcently my lawyer asked me to file under perm with my old PD

I am still confused. Please shed some light on this issue.

Thanks
Is it because of change from EB2 to EB1

manager2 said:

I have seen lot of people with PD later than me getting approvals. Not sure why my case is not getting any attention. Not sure if there are people like me waiting for their LC's

Thanks

Want to wear my shoes?

My PD was 1,220 days ago....3 years, 4 months, 4 days

ETA # D-04320-xxxxx

Case arrived Dallas BEC 2004, 320th day, ….15th Nov 04

PD - 25 Nov 2002

RD - 21 Nov 2003

SWA - California

45-day letter - 11 Feb 2005

45-day Letter returned - 23 Feb 2005

RIR EB2

Case was sent to Dallas from Regional

And there are people older than me.....

It's an exercise in patience....or gross injustice....either way there is no FIFO, I wait because I am reluctant to give up the PD date.

Couple of questions

Experts can you please enlighten me on the following questions-

1.Can we tranfer the PD on a pending labor(EB3) to a labor(EB2) applied thru PERM?

2.Does same company experience count to use a pre-approved labor(EB2:BS+5 yrs) ? My attorney says no.

NikePhoros said:
Experts can you please enlighten me on the following questions-

1.Can we tranfer the PD on a pending labor(EB3) to a labor(EB2) applied thru PERM?

2.Does same company experience count to use a pre-approved labor(EB2:BS+5 yrs) ? My attorney says no.

Your attorney is 100% right it was all the time that you can not count experience of your current position. But if you worked in the your company in the other position (before your current) and your responsibilities were little bit different, that experience can be count.

If the requirements to your position say BS+4years and PERM will say BS+5years or MS+0years, you can not do it

I am on the same boat as you are

manager2 said:

Thanks

My PD is 01/26/2004 and i am still waiting. On enquiry, I keep getting the same information from DBEC "Your case is awaiting a review from one of the analysts".

It seems they just don't care about the cases which should have been approved but waiting for their kindness for review

Amazing situation! But it seems we cannot do ANYTHING.

What do these "left behind" cases have in common?

There are a ton of reports of e.g. Region casese that the DBEC just skipped, while apparently working on other cases in chronological order.

Maybe we can identify some feature that all tehse skipped cases have in common?

For example, perhaps they are all tiny companies where ability pay is not immediately obvious? Or the company had significant layoffs recently?

Soemthing along these lines. Could all the "left behind" people come up with some reasons why they think their applicatoin could be a less clear-cut decision, and share these reasons with us, so that we may be able to understand why certain applications are left behind and others are not, and if there may be some systematic reason to it rather than randomness.

My case

sfmars said:
1 up to 1.5 months in your case
I am also waiting for the precious approval. will calling DBEC on automated system tell u whether your case is approved or not.any inputs?

PD 24may 2004
RD
45 day letter Oct 2005
Approval ?

Skipped cases - pure randomness?

I believe it is pure randomness. Maybe some earlier-opened boxes got pushed back to a corner of a back room. I work in a college which has over 400 employees, not that small. I'm still waiting ... Here is my info:

PD 12.24.2003/RIR/Ohio/EB-2/Reginal Case from Chicago/RD Aug. 04
EAT# D05010-13xxx
45-Day Letter received and replied in March 2005
Case Status: from RIR (July 05 screenshot) back to Data Review (Feb. 06 screenshot) ??????

eb2kid said:
There are a ton of reports of e.g. Region casese that the DBEC just skipped, while apparently working on other cases in chronological order.

Maybe we can identify some feature that all tehse skipped cases have in common?

For example, perhaps they are all tiny companies where ability pay is not immediately obvious? Or the company had significant layoffs recently?

I also believe that it is random. I work in a big company with 50000 employees world wide. Even someone in this company with the same situations got approved sometimes. But most people just have to wait until they get picked up randomly.

bpc2001 said:
I also believe that it is random. I work in a big company with 50000 employees world wide. Even someone in this company with the same situations got approved sometimes. But most people just have to wait until they get picked up randomly.

DBEC got paper files in random order. SWA/Regional DOL offices did not follow the instructions fully. So DBEC entered them randomly and started processing, randomly. Only fully entered cases can be processed. They are delinked from paper files at that time.

Once DBEC completes full entry of all cases (DBEC is targeting june06 for this), there will
not be any excuse for random processing. Of course, the 45-day letter response is a paper thingy which has to be streamlined into the fully entered case (ie find the file, and put it in there, also probably scan it into system). This might still create some randomness. Given 6 months for just the 45 day letter thingy, by jan 2007 everything should be by PD (big difference that'll make!!! cases are supposed to be cleared by sep2007!!).

Apparently, PBEC has fully entered all the cases, and going more or less by PD. It has different set of issues with performance, though.

Long story short, DBEC order is random, and will be for all practical purposes.

calabor said:
DBEC got paper files in random order. SWA/Regional DOL offices did not follow the instructions fully. So DBEC entered them randomly and started processing, randomly. Only fully entered cases can be processed. They are delinked from paper files at that time.

Once DBEC completes full entry of all cases (DBEC is targeting june06 for this), there will
not be any excuse for random processing. Of course, the 45-day letter response is a paper thingy which has to be streamlined into the fully entered case (ie find the file, and put it in there, also probably scan it into system). This might still create some randomness. Given 6 months for just the 45 day letter thingy, by jan 2007 everything should be by PD (big difference that'll make!!! cases are supposed to be cleared by sep2007!!).

Apparently, PBEC has fully entered all the cases, and going more or less by PD. It has different set of issues with performance, though.

Long story short, DBEC order is random, and will be for all practical purposes.
it is still random even after 45-day letter response. So random that I can see someone in our company got it approved less than 3 weeks after response of 45-day letter, while others have been waiting for several months. Their PD is not earlier than the waiting ones either.

I cannot understand how the randomeness come from. As a common sense, I tend to believe that after 45-day response it should be FIFO. But the fact is that it is still random.

Randomness - the best possible answer

bpc2001 said:
I cannot understand how the randomeness come from. As a common sense, I tend to believe that after 45-day response it should be FIFO. But the fact is that it is still random.

Approval at the whims of DBEC seems to be the best possible answer. Two cases for two different individuals within same job category was filed by my employer, even our regional dates are only a couple days apart but my 45D letter came 2 months before the 45D letter for my colleague but it has been almost 4 months since he received his approval and I still am waiting in limbo !!
Both of us had a NOF at state regarding wage too ???

Our HR manager called dallas BEC. At the first instance the operator transferred him to an automated message systems with irrelevant recorded info that hasn't been changed in 2 years. On the second go he was blunt and demanded some info about the case while complaining about the automated message, the operator would not comment on specific case # but said "may be the case got mixed up and should be on its way pretty soon !!" ---height of unprofessionalism, just imagine if any other govt agency dealing with US citizens was so careless and discriminatory there would have been so much hue and cry in the media and the public - guess we just dont have the clout.

I guess we need to educate the buffoons on the capitol hill about the economic impact H1b holders create on the US economy - both direct and indirect apart from the numerous jobs created by individual who once were on a "temporary" work visa. I feel insulted to clubbed togther with some one who illegally just walked or swimmed to the united states, one who can't even speak proper english and who does not pay any taxes and has negligible potential to create wealth compared to us here, nothing against them as humans but I think we ought to be treated with little more dignity - I think we have earned that much.

Boy...its a long post...but It feels good to blow some steam off

frustrated

I am getting extremely tired and frustrated of all this. My 6th year of H-1B will expire 1/1/2007. Have been trying LC since Oct 2002 now in EB-2. My wife got her LC in 3 months using PERM, however her cathegory is EB-3 ( i guess everybody understands what this means). I saw the document, the approval is just one freakin signature on the back of the document.

Sometimes I wonder how other people can bear this, since it's not easy for people with families, my wife for example cries every day that she wants to leave since this country does not want us but wants 10+ million illegals who are uneducated and violated immigration laws.

Sorry for crying-(((((((((( Wishing the best for everybody.

ohio_boy said:
I am getting extremely tired and frustrated of all this. My 6th year of H-1B will expire 1/1/2007. Have been trying LC since Oct 2002 now in EB-2. My wife got her LC in 3 months using PERM, however her cathegory is EB-3 ( i guess everybody understands what this means). I saw the document, the approval is just one freakin signature on the back of the document.

Sometimes I wonder how other people can bear this, since it's not easy for people with families, my wife for example cries every day that she wants to leave since this country does not want us but wants 10+ million illegals who are uneducated and violated immigration laws.

Sorry for crying-(((((((((( Wishing the best for everybody.
My LC was filed in Oct. 2001 in EB-2 RIR. Then it was remanded to state and now BPC as non-RIR. In my company there are many people filed in 2001 are still waiting, while others filed after 2002 have got approvals. I guess that we are now in a lottery system no matter when your case was filed.

You are not alone here. My family have been suffering the same frustration everyday. And everyday I tries to forget about this thing so that I can still do something else. We also consider going back some day. This is not my country.

This system wants illegals just because they need 6 years-slaves. When I see the article that they have to work for 6 years, I can see the intention of those people. What a shame. It's like exchanging your 6 years freedom with a greencard. Of course for us, it may be more shameful since 6 years does not give us a greencard.

Sorry for all the complains. If life is so unhappy here, what would be worse if we go back?

Automated message line.

Quo_vadimus said:
Approval at the whims of DBEC seems to be the best possible answer. Two cases for two different individuals within same job category was filed by my employer, even our regional dates are only a couple days apart but my 45D letter came 2 months before the 45D letter for my colleague but it has been almost 4 months since he received his approval and I still am waiting in limbo !!
Both of us had a NOF at state regarding wage too ???

Our HR manager called dallas BEC. At the first instance the operator transferred him to an automated message systems with irrelevant recorded info that hasn't been changed in 2 years. On the second go he was blunt and demanded some info about the case while complaining about the automated message, the operator would not comment on specific case # but said "may be the case got mixed up and should be on its way pretty soon !!" ---height of unprofessionalism, just imagine if any other govt agency dealing with US citizens was so careless and discriminatory there would have been so much hue and cry in the media and the public - guess we just dont have the clout.

I guess we need to educate the buffoons on the capitol hill about the economic impact H1b holders create on the US economy - both direct and indirect apart from the numerous jobs created by individual who once were on a "temporary" work visa. I feel insulted to clubbed togther with some one who illegally just walked or swimmed to the united states, one who can't even speak proper english and who does not pay any taxes and has negligible potential to create wealth compared to us here, nothing against them as humans but I think we ought to be treated with little more dignity - I think we have earned that much.

Boy...its a long post...but It feels good to blow some steam off

Can you give the automated message line number.I will see whats with my case .even i am waiting only my PD is May 2004 45 day letter Oct 2005.while most of my friends who applied in June 2004 have got their approvals i am still waiting. :(