Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

What is NOF?

Experts,

Anybody tell me what is NOF(Notice of Findings) I mean it is query with severe thing or normal query before issuing decesion? becoz my attorney not NOF from DBEC on my petition.

Should I need to worry?

LC approval Sojourned?

Looks like LC approval have halted in DBEC. OR people are not posting their details.
Since last two weeks, in this forum < 3 approval have been posted.

What's up with DBEC? Are they trying to relax so that PBEC could catch up with DBEC ?

Freaking out.

You all have a great weekend.

Lawyer Get Call From DBEC

My company name changed and we have not informed DBEC. Because of that she got call.We sent documents regarding this.

It means my LC will be approve by next month? (Just dreaming) Because they are looking into my docs.

RIR/EB3/CA/AUG'03.

Hope you get your case approved

VISLI_COM said:
My company name changed and we have not informed DBEC. Because of that she got call.We sent documents regarding this.

It means my LC will be approve by next month? (Just dreaming) Because they are looking into my docs.

RIR/EB3/CA/AUG'03.

My attorney had also received call from DBEC about 2 months ago. After that nothing heard till now. May be they wanted to adjudicate older PDs first. Let's hope for the best. BTW, what's your case box number?

Last edited by a moderator:
45 day letter for 2005 cases

IS there any good news for cases filed in 2005? Any one has got their 45 days letter?

SFMARS: Any idea when we could expect 45 days letter for cases filed in 2005?

MI RIR 03/2005 EB3

LC pending from DBEC

hi
can anyone add me to the dbec tracker ?
my details are :

Case: RIR./eb3
company size: less than 5
State: Illinois.
case received for processing on: jan 7, 2004
Received 45 day letter: 03-25-2005.replied immediately
LC decision: Waiting!!
case no.: d-05010-14***

anyone close to the above dates had their approval recently? thanks for viewing this post.

regards
p

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE POST BELOW ON EVERY website and different forums within a website (murthy/immigrationportal/etc) YOU VISIT------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are trying to conduct a nation wide rally of faxes/mail to be sent to Concerned authorities on April 3rd and April 4th, if your Labor is stuck in any of the BEC please send a
- Mail to below address (so that all mail could reach authorities on same week)
- Fax to below number (so that all faxes could reach authorities on same day)

Dates: April 3rd (preferable) and APRIL 4th (if you forget)
MAKE A CALENDER ENTRY

Please use same subject in all your faxes, no matter how you want to address your content of the letter. Please try to post matter of this posting to all forums you visit.

Subject: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification application approval process at BECs

WE ARE NOT VOTING ON WETHER WE WANT TO FAX or MAIL.. I would say lets do both. IF you prefer Fax send a Fax(if you get the number please provide us the fax number too), if you prefer Mail send a mail. I recommend BOTH ways.

DOL Contacts

Ms. Elaine L. Chao
Secretary of Labor
(202) 693-6000

Mr. Paul T. Conway
Chief of Staff
(202) 693-6007

Mr. Steven J. Law
Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Ms. Ruth D. Knouse
Executive Secretariat Director
(202) 693-6100

Ms. Amy Barrera
Director of Advance & Scheduling
(202) 693-6003

Ms. Laura Genero
Associate Deputy Secretary
(202) 693-6000

Address for all the above people
U.S. Department of Labor
Frances Perkins Building
200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210

ABC
----
abc.news.magazines@abc.com

2020@abc.com
Subject: 20/20

abc.news.magazines@abc.com
Subject: Primetime

thisweek@abc.com
Subject: THIS WEEK

ADDRESS:
ABCNews,
7 WEST 66th Street,
New York, NY 10023.

NBC
----

Dateline@NBC.com
WT@nbc.com
MTP@NBC.com
nightly@nbc.com
today@nbc.com

ADDRESS:
NBC News
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, N.Y. 10112

MSNBC
-----
viewerservices@msnbc.com
msnbcinvestigates@msnbc.com
abramsreport@msnbc.com
countdown@msnbc.com
hardball@msnbc.com
Connected@MSNBC.com
Imus@msnbc.com

ADDRESS:
MSNBC TV
One MSNBC Plaza
Secaucus, N.J. 07094

CBS
----

48 hours
CBSNews.com,
524 W. 57th St.,
New York, NY, 10019

60 minutes
CBSNews.com,
524 W. 57th St.,
New York, NY, 10019

---------------------------------------------

Department of Labor
Stephen Stefanko - Certification Manager
ETA- Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center
Division of Foreign Labor Certification
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 220
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004

FAX: (484) 270-1600
--------------------

Department of Labor
John Barlett - Certification Manager
ETA - Dallas Backlog Elimination Center
Division of Foreign Labor
700 North Pearl St., Suite 400N
Dallas, Texas 75201

FAX: (214) 237-9135
---------------------

NATIONAL OFFICE
William Carlson - Chief Director
200 Constitution Avenue, NW Room C4312
Washington, DC 20210

FAX: (202) 693-2768

Below is the sample draft:
-------------------------
Dear Sir / Madam,

Sub: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification Application approval process at BECs

I would like to bring it to your attention the delays in LCA approval process at the two BECs, most notably the Philadelphia. I have been waiting for almost 2 years since the commencement of two BECs and have not recieved our apporvals.

Me and my family are suffering constantly due to these delays. Please take necessary measures to speed up the approval process.

I would be highly obliged if you look into this matter as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
your name
City, State, Zipcode
TR/RIR

GCCovet said:
Looks like LC approval have halted in DBEC. OR people are not posting their details.
Since last two weeks, in this forum < 3 approval have been posted.

I guess they started to process older cases from SWA / traditional. Those cases are harder to adjudicate and they need to establish the procedure/train their stuff to do that.

Another thought is that traditional cases need some advertisemsnt to be published, so it might be that they are doing just that.

From the posts it looks like they covered almost all RIR regional cases, so they need to move on to other harder to process cases.

Not approved yet

roma77 said:
I guess they started to process older cases from SWA / traditional. Those cases are harder to adjudicate and they need to establish the procedure/train their stuff to do that.

Another thought is that traditional cases need some advertisemsnt to be published, so it might be that they are doing just that.

From the posts it looks like they covered almost all RIR regional cases, so they need to move on to other harder to process cases.

Mine is Eb2 RIR
PD may 2004 RD
45 day letter Oct 2005
Case no D-05111-xxxxx

I am not approved still. :(

Guys I think we should send the below rough draft email to Newsweek/MSNBC's Fareed Zakaria..he being a desi may be able to do some investigative reporting and try to help us..just an attempt to leave no stone unturned.Please feel free to modify this draft(I modified the draft from an earlier posting)

Dear Fareed,
Sub: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification Application approval process at BECs.

Just incase you were unaware, put in a nutshell, the employment based Green Card(GC) process involves 3 steps:
1)Department of Labor(DOL) certifying the Foreign Labor Certification(FLC) application
2)USCIS approving I140
3)USCIS approving I485.

The DOL FLC certification (step 1) in turn is divided into 2 parts. It has to be first approved by the local state DOL and then the regional DOL. When the application process is first initially started, an advertisement needs to be placed in a local media for 30 days to prove that there is no suitable US resource available for that job. State DOL monitors the replies to the advertisements and if no suitable match found, certifies the application and forwards it to regional DOL(now called as Backlog Elimination Center-- BEC) in Dallas or Philly.

This is where most of the cases like mine are languishing with no information available as to how long it may take to make a decision, what is the current processing date and so on.

The whole nation is hotly debating the illegal immigrant issue and we, the legal immigrants are made to wait at the back of the line, because of the huge backlog created by the illegals. This because of a DOL rule passed in 2001 April, to give a golden chance to all illegals to turn legal. So we are forced to wait till DOL finishes processing all these illegal filings ( around 250000), before they start to work our cases.
Is DOL rewarding people for breaking the law??
If so much of hue and cry is raised about illegal aliens, who is going to talk about the legal aliens?

I think this is totally unfair and we have only people like you to look up to for our support.
We would be highly obliged if you look into this matter as soon as possible.

Great idea. We need to try and get some media attention to how badly the DOL is messing up and causing us to suffer in the process. This is a good letter. If you know, please post Fareed's email address (in spam crawler safe format dot com)

I have a couple of suggestions:
1) I'd probably change the subject line to a more attention grabbing "Enormous Delays in FLC ..."

2) It is factually incorrect to say that Regional DOL is now called Backlog elimination center. It should really read: "State DOL monitors the replies to the advertisements and if no suitable match found, certifies the application and forwards it to regional DOL. Starting 2005, the state and regional labor processing system was replaced by two "Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC)" located in Dallas and Philadelphia. This is where most of the cases like mine have been languishing for the last 16 months with absolutely no information or status available as to how long it may take to make a decision, what is the current processing date and so on."

3) Change the statement: "..an advertisement needs to be placed in a local media for 30 days to prove that there is no suitable US resource available for that job.." with "...advertisements need to be placed in the local media in order to find a US worker for the job position held by the foreign worker, and if unable to find a qualified US worker, prove the shortage of US workers for the job..."

uhbiv said:
Guys I think we should send the below rough draft email to Newsweek/MSNBC's Fareed Zakaria..he being a desi may be able to do some investigative reporting and try to help us..just an attempt to leave no stone unturned.Please feel free to modify this draft(I modified the draft from an earlier posting)

Dear Fareed,
Sub: Delay in Foreign Labor Certification Application approval process at BECs.

Just incase you were unaware, put in a nutshell, the employment based Green Card(GC) process involves 3 steps:
1)Department of Labor(DOL) certifying the Foreign Labor Certification(FLC) application
2)USCIS approving I140
3)USCIS approving I485.

The DOL FLC certification (step 1) in turn is divided into 2 parts. It has to be first approved by the local state DOL and then the regional DOL. When the application process is first initially started, an advertisement needs to be placed in a local media for 30 days to prove that there is no suitable US resource available for that job. State DOL monitors the replies to the advertisements and if no suitable match found, certifies the application and forwards it to regional DOL(now called as Backlog Elimination Center-- BEC) in Dallas or Philly.

This is where most of the cases like mine are languishing with no information available as to how long it may take to make a decision, what is the current processing date and so on.

The whole nation is hotly debating the illegal immigrant issue and we, the legal immigrants are made to wait at the back of the line, because of the huge backlog created by the illegals. This because of a DOL rule passed in 2001 April, to give a golden chance to all illegals to turn legal. So we are forced to wait till DOL finishes processing all these illegal filings ( around 250000), before they start to work our cases.
Is DOL rewarding people for breaking the law??
If so much of hue and cry is raised about illegal aliens, who is going to talk about the legal aliens?

I think this is totally unfair and we have only people like you to look up to for our support.
We would be highly obliged if you look into this matter as soon as possible.

Labor approved

Yesterday got a letter from DBEC stating that my labor has been approved.

PD: Mi - 11/18/03
RIR -EB3
Never made it to Regional (Went to Dallas)
45 day letter : Reply Sent to DBEC on Sept.13, 2005
Labor Approval Letter Received : 4/4/06

I am hoping that the actual Labor approval letter will be in my Lawyer's office by the end of the week.

Thanks to all for the support

SGKRAO

Case number

Sgkrao said:
Yesterday got a letter from DBEC stating that my labor has been approved.

PD: Mi - 11/18/03
RIR -EB3
Never made it to Regional (Went to Dallas)
45 day letter : Reply Sent to DBEC on Sept.13, 2005
Labor Approval Letter Received : 4/4/06

I am hoping that the actual Labor approval letter will be in my Lawyer's office by the end of the week.

Thanks to all for the support

SGKRAO
Congrats on the approval.what is your case number?

45 day letter?

Is there any way any of the DBECs would give information on whether they issued a 45 DL on your case, and if so how do you request this?, thanks

Help please!

My original PD is July 2004, RIR/EB2. I just got this offer and have decided to take it. My new employer will start my PERM immediately, I hope.

My current boss, being so nice and understanding, told me that he is willing to help me retain my original PD situation if there is anything he could do.

I guess my question is: what can I do in this situation, to retain my original PD, if I go work for the new employer right now?

Experts please advise!! I would really appreciate it.

Lost_in_Texas

PD: July 2004, RIR, EB2, Texas
45-day letter: waiting

comments@fareedzakaria.com

jus_watching said:
Great idea. We need to try and get some media attention to how badly the DOL is messing up and causing us to suffer in the process. This is a good letter. If you know, please post Fareed's email address (in spam crawler safe format dot com)

I have a couple of suggestions:
1) I'd probably change the subject line to a more attention grabbing "Enormous Delays in FLC ..."

2) It is factually incorrect to say that Regional DOL is now called Backlog elimination center. It should really read: "State DOL monitors the replies to the advertisements and if no suitable match found, certifies the application and forwards it to regional DOL. Starting 2005, the state and regional labor processing system was replaced by two "Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC)" located in Dallas and Philadelphia. This is where most of the cases like mine have been languishing for the last 16 months with absolutely no information or status available as to how long it may take to make a decision, what is the current processing date and so on."

3) Change the statement: "..an advertisement needs to be placed in a local media for 30 days to prove that there is no suitable US resource available for that job.." with "...advertisements need to be placed in the local media in order to find a US worker for the job position held by the foreign worker, and if unable to find a qualified US worker, prove the shortage of US workers for the job..."