Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I am in a little different situation

undefined

My labor is filed from TX and now in BEC. My project is closing in TX and everyone is being moved to Corporate HQ located in a different state. I am on 7th year extention.

can anyone tell me if the employer could still retain the Labor and after LC approval, process I140/I485 from the state where corporate HQ is located?

Anyone went through similar situation may advise.

are you really sure that your case did not go to regional? Can you check with your lawyer and let us know. It will greatly help us in finding the status of the queue, if there is one.
mathewk said:
I got an email today from my attorney's office saying my labor was approved .
Mine is from IOWA
RIR / August 09 2004 / 45 day letter Sept 01 2005
did not go to Regional (as per my knowledge)
Hope this is right .
Thanks to all your help .
Wish you all can hear good news soon.

Mathew

mathewk said:
I got an email today from my attorney's office saying my labor was approved .
Mine is from IOWA
RIR / August 09 2004 / 45 day letter Sept 01 2005
did not go to Regional (as per my knowledge)
Hope this is right .
Thanks to all your help .
Wish you all can hear good news soon.

Mathew

Wow!!!! Iowa cases again.... Congrats!!! And wondering what is going with my case?

Anybody in Iowa (PD < Apr-2004) still waiting for LC????

Last edited by a moderator:
jhegde said:
They must have told to adjudicate only case with "certain qualification" or they may be expecting something on their application in line with the job criteria. Or it may be something like some law firm are on top of getting their clients applications adjudicate, hence sending too many requests to BEC, and other attorneys may just sit and wait like ours.

Not sure though, these are just my assumptions, and may be wrong.

fellow michigander,

there are people with Pd in feb 2003 who have not got their lc approved, or so their employers say!!

so hang in there buddy.

Good luck

You are right.

If your previous employer does not cancel/withdraw your old labor application then it should not be a problem to get an extension with your new employer. Remember, the main point here is your previous employer keep continue your labor application until you get the next extension with your new employer.

Thanks !

LC_blues said:
thanks jewelhaque,

That 'pending for one year' rule was more relevant when labor approval took ages. with PERM the labor approval is much faster 6 months atmost I am told.

But you are right there is a risk. what if my new perm labor is not approved in 1 year (my seventh)

Hello,

I am not expert on this but sharing my experience. You will not be able to transfer your labor application. Once you move to another State you need to start all over again. Here is one question, is your employer closing office in TX, if not then you could continue your old labor application and everything would be fine.

Thanks !

nihal_vamsi said:
undefined

My labor is filed from TX and now in BEC. My project is closing in TX and everyone is being moved to Corporate HQ located in a different state. I am on 7th year extention.

can anyone tell me if the employer could still retain the Labor and after LC approval, process I140/I485 from the state where corporate HQ is located?

Anyone went through similar situation may advise.

dreamworld said:
Wow!!!! Iowa cases again.... Congrats!!! And wondering what is going with my case?

Anybody in Iowa (PD < Apr-2004) still waiting for LC????

Hello,
My PD is 12/29/2003 and I'm still waiting.....

PD 12/29/2003 IA
RIR/EB3
RD: 03/08/2004
ETA Case: D-05005-XXXXX
45 Day Letter: 02/2005
RFE: NO

Thanks,

Any ideas about the my cases

Hi Friends,

My case is pending with DBEC since they move the cases from Chicago regional.

My case transfered from Chicago rigional and i got a 45 day letter from DBEC on March 15 th 2005 and responded back on March 31st 2005.

But unfortunately my attorney received a letter from DBEC on Dec 15th 2005 stating that my case got closed due to the untimed or completely incorrect response.

My attorney responsed back with all the proof to the DBEC on Jan 2nd 2006 and fortunately they reopned the case on Jan 18th 2006.

But i don't know when it is going to be approved?

Do you guys have any info on this kind of cases? is there any one who were in similar situation. Please shed some light on my way...

I appreciate all your information...

Thanks,
LSR5
PD to IL SWA Nov 12th 2003
RD to Chicago Regional 06/14/2004
45 day letter from DBEC March 15th 2005
Reply to 45 day letter March 31st 2005
Case closed on Dec 15th 2005
Reopend on Jan 18th 2006
Approved on ??????????????????

Finally...

I got my labor certification approval on Monday March 13, the letter is dated February 14, 2006.
PD: 1/22/04

I'm EB-3, therefore I can't apply for I-485 now. My company will be closing down the business by September, do you have any ideas about retrogression dates progress in the next months? If I switch employers at this poing with the LC approved, is there anything I can do with that or I need to start all over the process?

Thanks for your comments.

Same status here

PD : 12/2003 IOWA
RIR / EB3
RD : 01/2004
ETA Case: D-05007-XXXXX
45 Day Letter: 03/2005

SV2001 said:
Hello,
My PD is 12/29/2003 and I'm still waiting.....

PD 12/29/2003 IA
RIR/EB3
RD: 03/08/2004
ETA Case: D-05005-XXXXX
45 Day Letter: 02/2005
RFE: NO

Thanks,

tuchicago,
You have to start the process all over again but if you get your I-140 approved before spet then you can transfer your priority date to the new employer but you still have to start the process all over again the only good thing is you retain your priority date but may be it could be blessing in disguise for you as EB3 retrogession has severely affected countries like India, China, Phillipines etc so you could file perm EB2 with your new employer get rocking & rolling.

Thanks a lot for your help. I just did and my lawyer told me that he can only request a screen shot if documentation is needed for a 7th year H-1B extension. Don't know if it is true, though. :confused:

reddog said:
Well, somone is stupid and your questions definitely are not. IN the last 100 pages this question has been answered more than once. Here it is again.

1) Ask your lawyer to request a Screen shot from Dallas BEC.
Email him this:
"can you please request a Screenshot from the Dallas BEC?"

He would know what you are talking about.

2) The screenshot request should have your LC no.
Calling the Center would also get you your LC no, however, the screenshot is a better way to go.

reddog.

any texas cases being approved????

Cases are being approved from DBEC everyday. But I hardly see any case from Texas getting approved. Applicants from Texas are either too tired to post or they do not have any good news to share????

DBEC is looking better in comparison with PBEC because DBEC is doing good job in approving Chicago cases. Correct me if I am saying something wrong.

Thanks

Status Data review

can someone explain ?

ETA - D-05211-XXXXX
DBEC
pd - 12/14/2004
case received date - 12/14/2004
status - data review
EB3 Non RIR University position

Can someone tell me if case status and pd can be same ??

Where can i check the status myself ? i had to contact the lawer , then her assistant etc etc .. its a painful process :) . Can someone tell me if i check it myself online? since i have my ETA case number now ?

Ideally what should be my next status change ? to TR NON_RIR ? and then final review?

since its only 19 months to get all cases cleared i dont plan on converting to PERM

Thanks guys

Cee said:
Thanks a lot for your help. I just did and my lawyer told me that he can only request a screen shot if documentation is needed for a 7th year H-1B extension. Don't know if it is true, though. :confused:

Yes he is technically correct.
This is the only way to know your case status and any Immigration lawyer who had filed a GC has done this on a request from his client.
So, What is wrong in requesting a screenshot from the DBEC?

you might also ask your employer to make that request. That is usually the most ideal way to talk to lawyers, keeping your employer in the loop.

Are you not paying this lawyer his fees?

77raghuv - From which state did you file LC? Have you got 45-day letter? It seems we are sharing the same 05211 number with similar PD.

77raghuv said:
can someone explain ?

ETA - D-05211-XXXXX
DBEC
pd - 12/14/2004
case received date - 12/14/2004
status - data review
EB3 Non RIR University position

status data review

yes michigan

my question is how can case received date and PD be the same in my screen shot? am confused

My lawyer also refused to request a screen shot for me based on the same reason. My HR people did it.

Cee said: