Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

That may not be true

ypg12242003 said:
Whenever someone requires a screenshot, they search and find the case. Instead of capturing the screen as it is, the technician would delete the information in the "Processing Type" field, thus leaving it "Blank". Then delete the information in the "Case Status" field, and enter "Data Review" regardless the actual case status previously entered, such as "RIR" or "Final Review". Then the technician captures the modified version of the screen and send it to the requester. When the technician closes the case screen, s/he simply does not "save" or "update" the screen. This way, the actual (real) information previously entered remains intact for the particular case. So what we are getting is the temporarily modified version of our case screen. Any comments on this theory?

BECs may be getting several hundreds (or even thousands) of requests for screen shots every day. If they start modifying the case and then send the shot, they would take months to reply those requests.

The reasonable guess would be when they captures the screen, the software masks some fields or does not give details to those fields for which BEC thinks "not to be disclosed", or something similar to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cee said:
Hi,

I know my questions are stupid. But I don't seem to be able to find the anwser anywhere.

1. How and where do you guys get the screen shot? What information can I expect from the screen shot?

2. How do you get the LC case number?

I'm still waiting for my LC approval.... and my company's lawyer is not very helpful. :(

Thanks a lot.

Well, somone is stupid and your questions definitely are not. IN the last 100 pages this question has been answered more than once. Here it is again.

1) Ask your lawyer to request a Screen shot from Dallas BEC.
Email him this:
"can you please request a Screenshot from the Dallas BEC?"

He would know what you are talking about.

2) The screenshot request should have your LC no.
Calling the Center would also get you your LC no, however, the screenshot is a better way to go.

reddog.

peace4u said:
Hi folks, Does anyone know if its possible to go to school full-time if you are already beyond your 6th year in your H1?. As in, lets say you are in your 7th year extension, is it possible to go for a second masters and then re-enter into an H1b status after school is done.?. Do you get a second OPT as well? Any thoughtful responses appreciated. thanks.

You must be physically out of this country for at least one year before can re-apply for the H1.

Got Labor Confirmation Today

Guys I have been reading this forum from quite some time now. Today finally I got my Labor approved from Dallas Backlog Reduction Center. I wanted to post the details to help people who are tracking through this forum.

Not to mention am really really really Happy :) :) :) :) :) and I wish you guys Best of Luck.

Here are the details:

ETA Case Number: D-04320-0xxxx
RIR EB3
EDD Filing Date: July 2002
State Approved: June 2003
Forwarded to the Dallas Backlog Center: February 2005
Query asking Employer TaxID and Address: Feb 2006
ETA 750 Dated: 22nd Feb 2006
ETA 750 Certified Received: 13th March 2006

Job change in 7th year

Hi guys,

I am in my 7th year of H1-B. Can I change jobs? and expect to get 8th , 9th ................................... extensions ?
Actually if I file for my labor now with PERM i may get my labor approved before the current 7th year ends. Which means I can apply for I140 so I may not need a h1 B extension.

But i am not sure if one needs a adjustment of status app (485) in to not require a year on year extension. Does anyone know?

Please advise

LC_blues said:
Hi guys,

I am in my 7th year of H1-B. Can I change jobs? and expect to get 8th , 9th ................................... extensions ?
Actually if I file for my labor now with PERM i may get my labor approved before the current 7th year ends. Which means I can apply for I140 so I may not need a h1 B extension.

But i am not sure if one needs a adjustment of status app (485) in to not require a year on year extension. Does anyone know?

Please advise

LC_Blues!! I'm sorry to see that you have such incorrect information about job change. You were always in a position to change jobs the day you stepped on the U.S soil. And so is everyone with an H1B.

Whether it is in your favor or not is another point.

More on this can be learnt at http://www.murthy.com/news/UDportis.html

or

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_porret.html

Still waiting for the approval from DBEC

Hi Friends,

My case is pending with DBEC since they move the cases from Chicago regional.

My case transfered from Chicago rigional and i got a 45 day letter from DBEC on March 15 th 2005 and responded back on March 31st 2005.

But unfortunately my attorney received a letter from DBEC on Dec 15th 2005 stating that my case got closed due to the untimed or completely incorrect response.

My attorney responsed back with all the proof to the DBEC on Jan 2nd 2006 and fortunately they reopned the case on Jan 18th 2006.

But i don't know when it is going to be approved?

Do you guys have any info on this kind of cases? is there any one who were in similar situation. Please shed some light on my way...

I appreciate all your information...

Thanks,
LSR5 :confused:
PD to IL SWA Nov 12th 2003
RD to Chicago Regional 06/14/2004
45 day letter from DBEC March 15th 2005
Reply to 45 day letter March 31st 2005
Case closed on Dec 15th 2005
Reopend on Jan 18th 2006
Approved on ??????????????????

ajayk77777 said:
Guys I have been reading this forum from quite some time now. Today finally I got my Labor approved from Dallas Backlog Reduction Center. I wanted to post the details to help people who are tracking through this forum.

Not to mention am really really really Happy :) :) :) :) :) and I wish you guys Best of Luck.

Here are the details:

RIR EB3

congrats!!, which state was your labor filed... is it CA?? was your case remanded back to state before going to DBPC??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayk77777

Not to mention am really really really Happy and I wish you guys Best of Luck.

Here are the details:

RIR EB3

congrats!!, which state was your labor filed... is it CA?? was your case remanded back to state before going to DBPC??
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Labor was filed in CA... No my case was not remanded back to state before going to DBPC.

ajayk77777 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayk77777

Not to mention am really really really Happy and I wish you guys Best of Luck.

Here are the details:

RIR EB3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Labor was filed in CA... No my case was not remanded back to state before going to DBPC.
Your post gives me hope, as our cases were both entered into the Dallas BEC system on the same day;

04320 being 15th Nov 2004.

I would be interested to know when your 45 day letter was received.

ETA # D-04320-xxxxx

Case arrived Dallas BEC 2004, 320th day, 15th Nov

PD - 25 Nov 2002

RD - 21 Nov 2003

SWA - California

45-day letter - 11 Feb 2005

45-day Letter returned - 23 Feb 2005

RIR EB2

Case was sent to Dallas from Regional

In the same situation.

Pegasus503 said:
Your post gives me hope, as our cases were both entered into the Dallas BEC system on the same day;

04320 being 15th Nov 2004.

I would be interested to know when your 45 day letter was received.

ETA # D-04320-xxxxx

Case arrived Dallas BEC 2004, 320th day, 15th Nov

PD - 25 Nov 2002

RD - 21 Nov 2003

SWA - California

45-day letter - 11 Feb 2005

45-day Letter returned - 23 Feb 2005

RIR EB2

Case was sent to Dallas from Regional
I am in the same situation and still waiting .... See my signature for detail.

Hello,

I am not expert on this but I could share my experience which may help you. You could change your job but only thing you have to make sure with your previous employer that they do not cancel or withdraw your labor application until your new employer submit new labor application for you and it is pending for one year.

Thanks !

LC_blues said:
Hi guys,

Please advise

whenever I got a 'screenshot', I got only my case related stuff. No background 'screen' of the analyst's PC. From this I assumed it might be an automated response, a script, which pulls some data out of the case database, and creates
an HTML document out of it. Its easy for the script to leave out status details etc.

calabor said:
whenever I got a 'screenshot', I got only my case related stuff. No background 'screen' of the analyst's PC. From this I assumed it might be an automated response, a script, which pulls some data out of the case database, and creates
an HTML document out of it. Its easy for the script to leave out status details etc.

Did you get the screen shot recently? I sent two email last month Feb2006 with all my case details to phili-Backlog but never got a reply!!!

dreamworld said:
Did you get the screen shot recently? I sent two email last month Feb2006 with all my case details to phili-Backlog but never got a reply!!!
Philly usually sends early responce. Try again.

calabor said:
whenever I got a 'screenshot', I got only my case related stuff. No background 'screen' of the analyst's PC. out status details etc.

Just had my lawer request a 'screenshot' for my case..the first ever..'processing type and the 'case source' fields are missing and the case status shows -Data review. I guess it all falls under the norm..but if some one else thinks otherwise I'll be glad to hear..

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
LC_Blues!! I'm sorry to see that you have such incorrect information about job change. You were always in a position to change jobs the day you stepped on the U.S soil. And so is everyone with an H1B.

Whether it is in your favor or not is another point.

More on this can be learnt at http://www.murthy.com/news/UDportis.html

or

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_porret.html

LC_ki_kahaani,

I am aware of the AC21 portability rule. I am wondering if I can change jobs in the 7th year (extension) of H1B when labor is pending.

I know if I were to change jobs now my priority date will be 2006 and my chances of getting a Gc will probably be sometime in 2015.

Thanks

jewelhaque said:
Hello,

I am not expert on this but I could share my experience which may help you. You could change your job but only thing you have to make sure with your previous employer that they do not cancel or withdraw your labor application until your new employer submit new labor application for you and it is pending for one year.

Thanks !

thanks jewelhaque,

That 'pending for one year' rule was more relevant when labor approval took ages. with PERM the labor approval is much faster 6 months atmost I am told.

But you are right there is a risk. what if my new perm labor is not approved in 1 year (my seventh)

IOWA - Labor approved

I got an email today from my attorney's office saying my labor was approved .
Mine is from IOWA
RIR / August 09 2004 / 45 day letter Sept 01 2005
did not go to Regional (as per my knowledge)
Hope this is right .
Thanks to all your help .
Wish you all can hear good news soon.

Mathew