Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Labor Approved

Hi Guys,

It is my turn to say that my labor certification got approved. My Hr people got a letter Yesterday. Still we are waiting to hear from attorney.

Thanks to this forum members sharing there information. That helped me tracking the status amd prompted me to ask HR about the stattus. My address got changed and forward mail is also expired. So the copy they sent me might returned to them.

My PD = 01/26/04.
Reached to regional on 08/26/04.
State: Illinois.

Congratulations univemployee, good luck on your next steps.

univemployee said:
Hi Guys,

It is my turn to say that my labor certification got approved. My Hr people got a letter Yesterday. Still we are waiting to hear from attorney.

Thanks to this forum members sharing there information. That helped me tracking the status amd prompted me to ask HR about the stattus. My address got changed and forward mail is also expired. So the copy they sent me might returned to them.

My PD = 01/26/04.
Reached to regional on 08/26/04.
State: Illinois.

info

Do you file EAD/AP after labor approval or after applying485 . if i apply then it is 140/485 as I am in EB2 -RIR category (from rest of the world )so how is it done. my friend said he got EAD and AP after 6 months of his labor approval he is also in same category.

wrong case source : STATE is the main culprit

rdas,
My case is same situation like yours ( That is PD at OH SWA APR 03 and RD at Chicago APR04 and case source : STATE )

From the forum I guess , wrong case source : STATE is the main culprit for the case not moving an inch..

Hope this yr is better for us.. Good luck

rdas said:
I am getting frustrated as like most of you. My P.D. is 12-03-2002, I don’t know why I am not getting approved, and any information will be highly appreciated.
P.D. – 12-03-2002
Shipped to Regional Office (Chicago) – 06-04-2004
45 day’s letter replied – April 2005
ETA Case No. – D-05007-xxxxx
CASE Source - State
CASE – RIR

What’s case source - state? My application was approved by the state DOL and shipped to Chicago regional office on 06-04-2004.
Please forward your thoughts.

cases shipped to Regional in APR2004 got problem??

rdas,
Even My case has wrong case source = STATE.
Actually my case was approved from SWA and shipped to Regional on 9APR2004.
Does it mean cases shipped to Regional in APR2004 got problem?
Please share your thoughts

rdas said:
Sorry Svetac, the application was shipped to the regional center on 06-04-2004

kudos to everyone whose labor is approved

Hello all,

Congrats to all whose labor got approved from Dallas Backlog center.

However. I am writing to find out if there is anyone out there who has a similar situation as mine.

Non RIR labor filr in Oct 2001. EB3
No advertisement done.
Did not clear state, and was sent to backlog in Aug 2005. (not sure why it so long.)
No 45 day letter yet.

So I am still waiting.

In the meantime, my comapny filed PERM for the same position. PERM is approved. NOw the backlog in Imimgration.. So can I use my PERM and use the priority date of my 0ld labor, since both jobs were almost same. Is this even possible.

any input is greally appreciated.

THanks!

ou90d02 said:
Hello all,

However. I am writing to find out if there is anyone out there who has a similar situation as mine.

No advertisement done.
Did not clear state, and was sent to backlog in Aug 2005. (not sure why it so long.)
No 45 day letter yet.

So I am still waiting.

In the meantime, my comapny filed PERM for the same position. PERM is approved. NOw the backlog in Imimgration.. So can I use my PERM and use the priority date of my 0ld labor, since both jobs were almost same. Is this even possible.

THanks!

I think you can use old priority date before filing PERM, you have to withdraw your existing application from BEC and then file through PERM for that PD.
But once you have PERM approval I am not sure you can do that, I think not. Otherwise we would all be filing PERM now and after approval converting to old PD. However I am not a lawyer so you might want to take legal advice.

Chocolate said:
Do you file EAD/AP after labor approval or after applying485 . if i apply then it is 140/485 as I am in EB2 -RIR category (from rest of the world )so how is it done. my friend said he got EAD and AP after 6 months of his labor approval he is also in same category.

If you are not from retrogession affected country then you can file 140/485/EAD/AP everything at the same time. But if your date are retrogessed you can file 140 and nothing else. After dates are current you can file 485/EAD/AP. EAD and AP kinda goes with 485 stage as far as filing is concerned.

GC_Lover said:
If you are not from retrogession affected country then you can file 140/485/EAD/AP everything at the same time. But if your date are retrogessed you can file 140 and nothing else. After dates are current you can file 485/EAD/AP. EAD and AP kinda goes with 485 stage as far as filing is concerned.

Hey GC_Clover,
One quick question, does applying for 140 impose any international travel restrictions?

RP.

rp1975 said:
Hey GC_Clover,
One quick question, does applying for 140 impose any international travel restrictions?

RP.

No, I don't think so. But again its always good to verify with lawyer before travelling outside the country.

DBEC : CA RIR EB 3 case

Will DBEC will take up case, which never made it to Regional only after all Regional cases are done with?

Thanks
Kkosh
CA-RIR-EB3
PD-02/03/2004
45 Days letter not received

GOD knows

kkosh said:
Will DBEC will take up case, which never made it to Regional only after all Regional cases are done with?

Thanks
Kkosh
CA-RIR-EB3
PD-02/03/2004
45 Days letter not received

Know one knows. See my signature. If FIFO is used (which we all know it isn't), you and I would be approved before any May/04 on case even if at Regional level.
I hope who ever wrote that a decission by the end of 2006 is in store for all of us was correct - but I know many challenge that staement.
Sorry i could not be of any real help.

Thanks cacanuk

cacanuk said:
Know one knows. See my signature. If FIFO is used (which we all know it isn't), you and I would be approved before any May/04 on case even if at Regional level.
I hope who ever wrote that a decission by the end of 2006 is in store for all of us was correct - but I know many challenge that staement.
Sorry i could not be of any real help.
====================================
Thanks cacanuk. I am in a similar situation as you. I was thinking of re-filing under perm. But looks like I should wait. Thanks for the info.
====================================
CA State(SFO) PD: 02/03/2004
State : CA
Case Type RIR EB3
Never made it to Regional
ETA Case Number D-05195-xxxxx
Case Source : State
Processing Center : Dallas Backlog Elimination Center
Case Status : Data Review
45 days letter not received

ou90d02 said:
Hello all,

No advertisement done.
No 45 day letter yet.

So I am still waiting.

THanks!

Hi ou90d02,

I am pretty much in the same situation. My PD is Nov 14, 2001. My original RIR case made it to regional, where it was denied and remanded to state. So, it is a Non-RIR EB2 case pending at DBEC at the moment. I have not received a 45-day letter either. I am currently in my 8th year of H1B.

The first question in the PERM application (ETA form 9089) is:
"Are you seeking to utilize the filing date from a previously submitted application (ETA 750)?".
If you had answered "NO" to this question in your PERM application, then you will not be able to utilize you PD of Oct 2001. If your answer was "YES" then the very reason why your PERM got approved is that your position and job duties were identical in both applications. Check with your employer/attorney.

My company is filing a PERM application for me too. But, it is for a different position. So, I will get a new PD and will not be able to utilize my PD of Nov. 2001. However, my TR case with earlier PD wil be untouched.

There is a separate thread for Non-RIR discussions only. You might want to visit that too.

Hope this helps.

Thanks GC_Lover

GC_Lover said:
Thats a big relief. thank you.one more quick question how long will it take to get ead and ap for me (non retro country)can me and wife do fingerprinting stamping in different places as she wud obviously take up a job after ead