Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

To All

To all Gurus,

Mine is OH, EB3, Non RIR,July 03, and no improvments.when i spoke to my attorny she said don't contact DBEC unless we need proof for extension.

I told her to change it to PERM. She told me we have to give news paper advt and it cost around 1500. and it will take 3-6 months to get labour approvel,by the time your LC will be clear,so just wait for another 6 months.

gurus please guide me is it ok to go for Perm now or stick with the same?
Is Advt must in PERM?

Ohio boy said:
To all Gurus,

Mine is OH, EB3, Non RIR,July 03, and no improvments.when i spoke to my attorny she said don't contact DBEC unless we need proof for extension.

I told her to change it to PERM. She told me we have to give news paper advt and it cost around 1500. and it will take 3-6 months to get labour approvel,by the time your LC will be clear,so just wait for another 6 months.

gurus please guide me is it ok to go for Perm now or stick with the same?
Is Advt must in PERM?

Either way, you need to do the ad since you filed in NON RIR previously. I dont think the ad stuff had already been conducted when you filed your labor in NON RIR. Where did your lawyer getting an idea from stating your labor will be approved in 6 months? I dont think so, once you get 45 days letter - which you still need one, then wait for further instruction from BEC to process advertisement. Boy thats a long haul. Tell her either way you have to do the ad, so you might as well do it on PERM and file the conversition case, that way you will retain your old PD and your labor gets approved in 3 months instead of 6 months. Tell her that while waiting on PWD from SWA, do the recuritment process, meaning 2 Sundays ad. The whole process can be done within few months, instead of her projected six months timeframe.

Labor get approved

This evening, I got email from the attoney, my labor finally got approved after more than 3 years waiting.
As a silent reader, I vistit this forums frequently. And I got lot of info and encourage from your guys.
My PD is Nov 2002. And I almost give up as seeing so many 2003/2004 cases got approved. When I heard this news today, I didn't feel so much exciting.... Just feel a bit relief.

Don't give up, patience might get paid.....

Here is the info of my case:
PD: Nov 2002
45 D-Letter: March, 2005
Case Souce: State
EB3 RIR - MO

Conversition to PERM

Dear Labordrags,
Could you please explain me in detail about tranfering the Backlog labor to PERM with the same priority date (Conversition). Do I need to withdraw my labor from the BackLog before filing under PERM?. I would apprciate if you explain me in detail.

Thks,
Ohio Boy

labordrags said:
Either way, you need to do the ad since you filed in NON RIR previously. I dont think the ad stuff had already been conducted when you filed your labor in NON RIR. Where did your lawyer getting an idea from stating your labor will be approved in 6 months? I dont think so, once you get 45 days letter - which you still need one, then wait for further instruction from BEC to process advertisement. Boy thats a long haul. Tell her either way you have to do the ad, so you might as well do it on PERM and file the conversition case, that way you will retain your old PD and your labor gets approved in 3 months instead of 6 months. Tell her that while waiting on PWD from SWA, do the recuritment process, meaning 2 Sundays ad. The whole process can be done within few months, instead of her projected six months timeframe.

Please input on these special category of cases

Experts,

I am new to this thread. I am not new to this forum, but to this thread.

Priority Date : May 28, 2002
DOL RD : April 14, 2003

My case did not go to BEC until a month ago from DOL. Initially SFODOL has sent all the cases with SFO DOL RD of May 01, 2003 or later only (for CA RIR). My case was kept at satellite processing center in SFO DOL, as SFO DOL, has closed down as of Dec 2005, My case is transferred a month or so ago to Dallas BEC.

Now that I got a screen shot from Dallas BEC, last week, I wanted to find out from you experts, what can I expect, and what is the general process. I am wondering why is the case source state, as it should be from Regional. By new case # it appears they entered data on Dec 1, 2005. When can I expect to receive 45 day letter or what are the next processes..?

Thanks in advance and I appreciate your inputs

Screen Shot details
Case source : State
New Case # : D-05336-06xxx
Type : RIR

State CA, RIR, EB3 (BS + 5 years)

Expected time of labor approval??

Category : EB2 RIR
priority date : Dec 2004
filed in : CA
45-day letter received : September 2005

anybody ideas on when can i expect labor approval??

are you sure your priority date is dec "2004"? and you already received 45 day letter in september 2005? my PD is april 2004, and no sign of a 45-day letter yet - i am in the same category CA EB2 RIR

byakodv said:

Any case from CO with 2002 PD?

Any case from CO with 2002 PD? Any approval of CO cases?

My is EB2, CO, PD=Nov.2002, 45 Letter replied in Oct.2005.

Ohio boy said:
Dear Labordrags,
Could you please explain me in detail about tranfering the Backlog labor to PERM with the same priority date (Conversition). Do I need to withdraw my labor from the BackLog before filing under PERM?. I would apprciate if you explain me in detail.

Thks,
Ohio Boy

I am not sure if I can give you the details in applying thru PERM, the case converstion or no. Your lawyer who gets paid big bucks should be doing that all for you, and you should not be worried about it. But in short, I would say that when you filed your case via PERM, she will have an option where it says something about the previously filed labor withdrawn thus the converstion would take place to retain the older PD. With that it all comes handy when filing via PERM. Hope this helps.

Amendment for LC at BEC

Has anybody filed amendment for BEC LC for refling in PERM. How long does it take and is it possible to verify if the request was logged. Thanks.

byakodv said:

Based on the current DBEC speed and using very optimistic vision I would say in a 5 may be in 6 years you can expect something regarding DBEC decision , if nothing is changed.

sfmars said:
Based on the current DBEC speed and using very optimistic vision I would say in a 5 may be in 6 years you can expect something regarding DBEC decision , if nothing is changed.

wow. sfmars, you realy think his PD 12/2004 is going to take 5 more years!? I would (want to) think that it should be 2 years max. They have done the data entry in his case, thats why he has the 45 day letter. His approval could even be with a year since they are not doing strict fifo anyway.

if bec _does_ enter all cases in their system by June 06, like they said, dont you think they will put most (if not all) people on analysis , and approval and make things faster?

trying to be optimistic,
enqueued
WA PD 08/2003
45DL: No

Thanks Labourdrags,

I'll speek to my Attorny regarding file thru PERM, i think refiling is better choice for me thru PERM and keep the same PD becose nothing is changed in my case.

Anyhow thanks for your Reply and Ideas.

SWA RIR approvals are around April 2002

byakodv said:

Check this post

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1329430&postcount=412

In DBEC Oldest SWA Cases are from Indiana. As per the above post few April 2002 RIR SWA cases are approved. There is no FIFO so it is difficult to say but rougtly the SWA RIR approvals are around April 2002. Most of the cases are waiting for 45 day letter though. We should expect lot of 45 day letters for SWA Cases now in first quarter of 2006. Few cases form Washington State with PD 2005 already recieved the letter so again there is no FIFO. I guess you are lucky you got the 45 day letter. lets wait up to March end 2006 and see what happens. Mean while all SWA RIR members please keep posting the updates.

Thanks

No more 45 day letters?

My lawyer emailed me the other day and said two things of importance: FIRST there will be no more 45 day letters as of now. Second, the BEC's have a mandate to have a decision on EVERY case by the end of the year. She said that they WILL do it. My lawyer is with Carl Shusterman's office in LA and they are among the best. Anyone else agree or disagree with my lawyer.

On a personal note, I also learned that I am an EB-2 and not an EB-3. So that is good. Thanks.

GCby2050 said:
My lawyer emailed me the other day and said two things of importance: FIRST there will be no more 45 day letters as of now. Second, the BEC's have a mandate to have a decision on EVERY case by the end of the year. She said that they WILL do it. My lawyer is with Carl Shusterman's office in LA and they are among the best. Anyone else agree or disagree with my lawyer.

On a personal note, I also learned that I am an EB-2 and not an EB-3. So that is good. Thanks.

1. 45 day letters: Couple of people said they got approved without 45 day letters, but I think they were not aware that their employer/attorney responded ones. Up to December 2005 DBEC and Philly continued to generate them, but very very slowly.

2. mandate to have a decision: If it is true we would see thousands of approvals each day, but DBEC is making decision for PD Jan 2004 RIR Regional cases, which makes an impression DBEC has clleared not more than 25K cases out of 170K-180K.

3. Your lawyer is among the best: at least she is making good stories for clients and then believes in what she said before herself.

information

Can somebody give me info regarding my case my PD is 5/2004 .if my labor is approved and i can file 140/485 /EAD /AP do i get EAD and AP first ?in that case for my wife in india can i apply for consular processing for her and me processing here in US one more thing i am from rest of the world category and my wife is indian citizen will it make a difference?

What do you mean "as of now" ? People are still receiving 45 day letters so I don't know how much truth is there in that statement. Looking at the general trend over the past 1 year, people who have got 45 day letter have all their case details entered in the system and they seem to be atleast reviewing the cases. Whereas people who have not got 45 day letter yet have been waiting forever to even have their cases looked upon.

BEC have mentioned that they are going to send all the 45 day letter by June 2006...Assuming that they speak the truth it will be highly unlikely that they can approve/deny all the cases by this year end.

I think your lawyer might have got a good bonus last year to paint such a rosy picture for her clients.... No offense dude.. but this is bunch of bull...

GCby2050 said:

Your lawyer knows nothing. Tell her to leave law business and open a grocery in LA.

GCby2050 said:

Resending..

rajhmal said:
Experts,

I am new to this thread. I am not new to this forum, but to this thread.

My case did not go to BEC until a month ago from DOL. Initially SFODOL has sent all the cases with SFO DOL RD of May 01, 2003 or later only (for CA RIR). My case was kept at satellite processing center in SFO DOL, as SFO DOL, has closed down as of Dec 2005, My case is transferred a month or so ago to Dallas BEC.

Now that I got a screen shot from Dallas BEC, last week, I wanted to find out from you experts, what can I expect, and what is the general process. I am wondering why is the case source state, as it should be from Regional. By new case # it appears they entered data on Dec 1, 2005. When can I expect to receive 45 day letter or what are the next processes..?

Thanks in advance and I appreciate your inputs

Screen Shot details
Case source : State
New Case # : D-05336-06xxx
Type : RIR

State CA, RIR, EB3 (BS + 5 years)

Also how do we find the status of the case?