Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I think i agree with sfmars. One of my friends infact went through this. The PD = Date I140 is filed.

Not a lawyer but my 2 cents:)

sfmars said:
dsugandhi,

Absolutely Not.

You can not inherit PD. If you have your LC approved and I140 you can own PD it is your forever even if you change employer in the different region and different position you use your old PD.

But if you get a new job at the different employer and got his substituted LC, your PD will become today's date.

I would like to be wrong if you find any facts agains it.

was your case status= data review when the first time you requested your screenshot?
when u say that you got a letter from DBC, what do u mean by that?
did you or the lawyer sent the 45DL "AGAIN" to reinstate the case?
or
somehow the DBC found your old 45DL reply (which u must have sent previously) and reinstated your case?

I am stuck in the same situation.. case status= data review..

To answer your question i would assume (from previous discussions in this forums) once the 45DL is recieved the case status would turn to RIR.
Thanks in advance for replying to my queries..

jp_ammu said:
Hi Guys,
just now my employer received letter from DBC telling my case has been reinstated after receiving the 45letter reply. Does that means my case satus is now RIR? What does RIR in status field stands for?

Here are my details:

CA RIR/EB3
PD: Sep 17th 2004
Don't know if it made to regional.
Didn't receive 45 days letter yet.

Question:
- When can I expect 45 days letter?
- Is my case still in state level/ DBEC?
- How can I check my case status?

Any respond will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all.

vladys said:
I think i agree with sfmars. One of my friends infact went through this. The PD = Date I140 is filed.

Not a lawyer but my 2 cents:)

vladys,

As far as I have understood, there are following possiblites for labor substitutions:
1. In case when I-140 was approved and withdrawn to substitue the labor
2. In case when I-140 was filled but not approved and later labor substitution was filled
3. In case when I-140 was never filled for any person and labor substitution was used

In the first case I-140's RD becomes the PD for the substitution person. In the second and third case labor's PD becomes the PD for the substitution person.

Can you tell me in which of the above case your friend belongs?

dsu.

Are you sure about these 3 scenarios?

I also used sub labor and my 140 is approved. I do not know which of the 3 categories I fall under. I sent a mail to my lawyer asking what the PD shows on the approved 140 and did not get replied back ( am getting nervous about it).

The links you posted earlier had a ton of posts, without any decisive conclusions in them.

Also is there a way to get the PD changed, even if I'm in the first category mentioned below.

Thanks.

dsugandhi said:
vladys,

As far as I have understood, there are following possiblites for labor substitutions:
1. In case when I-140 was approved and withdrawn to substitue the labor
2. In case when I-140 was filled but not approved and later labor substitution was filled
3. In case when I-140 was never filled for any person and labor substitution was used

In the first case I-140's RD becomes the PD for the substitution person. In the second and third case labor's PD becomes the PD for the substitution person.

Can you tell me in which of the above case your friend belongs?

Hi,
when i requested the screenshot for 7th year extn 4 months back , it showed 'data review' .During Sep my attorney replied the 45letter and recently my emploer received the letter from DBC telling that the case has been reinstated.My attorney sent the 45DL only once.the DBC rely came after that(may be co-incident!). It is not sure what promted the DBC to reinstate the case? And also i don't know now whether my case is turned 'RIR' until we see the screenshot

june_16 said:
was your case status= data review when the first time you requested your screenshot?
when u say that you got a letter from DBC, what do u mean by that?
did you or the lawyer sent the 45DL "AGAIN" to reinstate the case?
or
somehow the DBC found your old 45DL reply (which u must have sent previously) and reinstated your case?

I am stuck in the same situation.. case status= data review..

To answer your question i would assume (from previous discussions in this forums) once the 45DL is recieved the case status would turn to RIR.
Thanks in advance for replying to my queries..

PD of substituted LC

sfmars said:
dsugandhi,

Absolutely Not.

You can not inherit PD. If you have your LC approved and I140 you can own PD it is your forever even if you change employer in the different region and different position you use your old PD.

But if you get a new job at the different employer and got his substituted LC, your PD will become today's date.

I would like to be wrong if you find any facts agains it.

From my personal experience, dsugandhi is right. Last month I got my 140 approved based on a substituted labor cert and the priority date recorded on the 140 is the PD of the original LC itself (not the dtae of filing 140)

GCPD0102 said:
From my personal experience, dsugandhi is right. Last month I got my 140 approved based on a substituted labor cert and the priority date recorded on the 140 is the PD of the original LC itself (not the dtae of filing 140)

If they realize that they did this mistake in the past they can revoke the green card and even your future citizenship, you will be rolled back to the original point. They will not accept an excuse that you were not aware.

I do not want to scare you but from my point of view it is mistake of your attorney which they probably missed.

Personal experience does not prove anything in this case

Case Status - Data Review

Hi jp_ammu / june_16,

My case status also shows "Data Review" 1 month back. How long does it take to move case status from "Data Review" to "RIR".

All Gurus, (Please Advise)

My lawyer is saying if my case is filled under PERM, I will get current Priority Date. After Labor approval, lawyer will request OLD priority date (in my case July 2002), before filling next stage. Is that the right process.

I am not comfortable in taking this risk. Please Advise.

Thanks,
Hopehope41

jp_ammu said:
Hi,
when i requested the screenshot for 7th year extn 4 months back , it showed 'data review' .During Sep my attorney replied the 45letter and recently my emploer received the letter from DBC telling that the case has been reinstated.My attorney sent the 45DL only once.the DBC rely came after that(may be co-incident!). It is not sure what promted the DBC to reinstate the case? And also i don't know now whether my case is turned 'RIR' until we see the screenshot

WhyThisDelay said:
dsu.

Are you sure about these 3 scenarios?

I also used sub labor and my 140 is approved. I do not know which of the 3 categories I fall under. I sent a mail to my lawyer asking what the PD shows on the approved 140 and did not get replied back ( am getting nervous about it).

The links you posted earlier had a ton of posts, without any decisive conclusions in them.

Also is there a way to get the PD changed, even if I'm in the first category mentioned below.

Thanks.

WhyThisDelay,

I have not got any writing in law book about 3 categories I have mentioned in labor substitution case but very positive about the way USCIS is handling the three categories by going through few cases and analyzing them. So far, I have concluded, the principal that USCIS is adopting is "One labor PD to one I-140", so if PD is already used before you do substitution then they will put RD of I-140 as PD for later stages.

About the second scenario, I have not noticed any actual case but for 1st and 3rd scenario I have noticed the pattern in various forums.

So my conclusion is in case when I-140 is approved and then substituted, RD of I-140 becomes the PD and in case I-140 was never filled, original labor's PD becomes PD for I-485.

Can you please share your I-140's PD and the category you belong to?

I will follow up with my lawyer later next week. I'll post my information once I've received it.

Thanks dsu.

dsugandhi said:
WhyThisDelay,

I have not got any writing in law book about 3 categories I have mentioned in labor substitution case but very positive about the way USCIS is handling the three categories by going through few cases and analyzing them. So far, I have concluded, the principal that USCIS is adopting is "One labor PD to one I-140", so if PD is already used before you do substitution then they will put RD of I-140 as PD for later stages.

About the second scenario, I have not noticed any actual case but for 1st and 3rd scenario I have noticed the pattern in various forums.

So my conclusion is in case when I-140 is approved and then substituted, RD of I-140 becomes the PD and in case I-140 was never filled, original labor's PD becomes PD for I-485.

Can you please share your I-140's PD and the category you belong to?

Case Status

It seems that everyone has "case status" in his screenshot from BEC. I got mine days ago, and only saw "Processing Type:
RIR" and "Case received date:...".. Plus my case num is T-05206-xxxxx, not most seen "D-xxxxx-xxxxxx". Could someone kindly explain it for me? Thanks in advance!

anybody got approval with case num D-05147-XXXXX, I know this doen't matter and so called FIFO is based on PD but just want to check out....

Got certified letter from DBEC

I have got my certified letter from DBEC yesterday, and the following is my information:

ETA case number: D-4321-05xxx
CA-RIR-EB2
PD OCT 31, 2003
RD OCT 4, 2004
45 day letter received and replied: Feb 23, 2005
LC Certified date: Nov 4, 2005
Letter received: Nov 12, 2005

This web site have helped me a lot, and thanks for all the posts. Hope all friends good luck.

perter700101 said:
I have got my certified letter from DBEC yesterday, and the following is my information:

CA-RIR-EB2
PD OCT 31, 2003
RD OCT 4, 2004

This web site have helped me a lot, and thanks for all the posts. Hope all friends good luck.

Your first post!! and it is about certification - Congratulations!!!

sanju_dba said:
Please respond , What could be latest PD approval for TX from DBEC ? I see most of them are Oct month for CA,IL only. :(

---------
PD- Oct 30 2005
RIR/TX
45 letter -replied on Jul05
ETA - D-05074-XXXXX

I asked my lawyer, he said he saw Aug,2003 for TX, but nothing is in order now.
mine is 9/29/2003, still waiting...

sunofeast_GC said:
anybody got approval with case num D-05147-XXXXX, I know this doen't matter and so called FIFO is based on PD but just want to check out....

My Case number is D-05133-XXXXX and my PD is 05/02/2003 (TX/RIR) and still waiting for my approval. Don't know why few of us are left :confused:

state ?

perter700101 said:

CA-RIR-EB2
PD OCT 31, 2003
RD OCT 4, 2004

Congrats perter700101! Which state did you file from ?

Dosto
Any news about cases directly transfered from SWA to DBPC.
PD:05/24/04
SWA:CA
No 45 day letter
Any insight will be appreciated.
Gopi