Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

FYI:

My lawyer received the hard copy of labor certification in mail last week. I recieved the approval screen shot 3 weeks ago. My PD is Jan 2003, Dallas TX

Good luck to everyone in the forum !

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
According to Phi BEC Screenshot, Case Status: Certified

I believe the hard copy will arrive somewhere within 2 weeks to 2 months.

I got two replies from Phi BEC, one shows the status "certified", and in the second email the status shows blank.

It is about time to file for I-140.

Congrats!Looks like your LC_Ki_Kahaani has ended, Welcome to the next step of waiting game "WAIT FOR APPROVAL NOTICE".

Change ID

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:

I got two replies from Phi BEC, one shows the status "certified", and in the second email the status shows blank.

LC_Ki_Kahaani .....u should now change u'r ID to 140_Ki_Kahaani....let us know when u receive in mail.

Job transfer while waiting for LC from DBEC

Gurus,

I find this forum resoureful. Here is my situation:

I am considering a job transfer within my compnay. The new job will be located in KY and the function will be managerial. I am currently located in MI and the job function is Engineering. Although I will be using most of the current skills in the new job, the new job function will be expanded greatly. My question: is any legal implications to my LC or green card process if I take the offer? Although my lawyer told me there should be no problem.

PD: 8/04
Never made to the regional
State: MI
RIR/EB2
No 45 day letter
:confused: Status: incomplete as of 8/15/05 screenshot.

Screen shot from Phili

Hello,

I received the screen shot from Phili BEC (please see the attached). But there no mention of case status.
Do i have to ask for some thing specific in the email to get the case status?

Please respond.

Thanks in Advance

DBEC for April , May....2003

Are they processing for April , May....2003 , because I have not seen any approval for April (except 1 or 2) May ?

Thanks
EB3,CA
PD AUG'03

jnpr said:
No issues if your spouse was born in non-retro affected countries. This is called "Changeability". you will be able to file 485 once your labor is cleared. You don't need to worry about retrogression for at least months to come.

Any idea if this rule (CHANGEABILITY) implies and is in effect if the applicant's one or both parents are born in non-retro affected countries.

Need Help in Filing Labor before Retrogression ...

Hi Friends ,
I am also sailing in the same boat as you all , My PD is Jan 21st, 2003 from DBEC and last I found status from PBEC saying status = RIR.
We 3 colleagues filed together and 2 got their labor this month and I am the only one stuck in this race before 1st oct. Now I got pre approval Labor from my lawyer and the PD of the Labor was Dec. 1999. Approved labor says that BS+2 or BS +5 Years Experience. while My Application was in EB2 with MS+5 years Experience. Can I use the Approved labor and file my I-140 and I-485 concurrent in EB2. I am from India and my B.Sc was done in 1993 and MCA was in 1996. For satisfying existing Labor for EB2 BS+5 years should have 5 years of Experience which I can not show because I was out from college in 1996. Can someone give me any clue , how can I file my application in EB2 so that I surpass this Retrogression.
Can I also file my another I-140 for EB3 so that I can be benefitted with PD = Dec. ' 1999.

Thanks to all for your help in advance. :mad:

Weird!!!

gc2271 said:
Hello,

I received the screen shot from Phili BEC (please see the attached). But there no mention of case status.
Do i have to ask for some thing specific in the email to get the case status?

Please respond.

Thanks in Advance

I received the same screenshot as yours, by mine said at the end the status of my case... this is weird. Maybe they figure that we are requesting this for status and not for extension on H1-b and they stopped sending the status...

update for your records, LC approval received

PD march 2003, california (SF)
EB3/RIR
Dallas Backlog
45-days letter received and replied Jan3 2005.
LC july 7 2005 case status= RIR
LC approved, received today Sept 26 2005
I am a South American Engineer working in the IT field.

-Last month I have sent about 10 messages to H1Y7th..at Dallas they never replied,
-Today after LC reception I sent one to philadelphia, reply received in 7 minutes the case status is "blank"
-I am going to fill I-140 and wait to fill I-485.

good luck to all of you; we professionals *for sure* are going to find solutions for any problems.

non labor related questions

One of my friends previous employer is ready to give a pre-approved labor(
PD: Apr 2002 EB2, approved in Aug 2003) to my friend. How can my friend make sure if the labor was not used for somebody else?, is there a way to find out. Appreciate your replies, and apologies for asking a non labor related
question

Thanks,
Gmr

Thanks for the Support

LC140485GC said:
Congrats!Looks like your LC_Ki_Kahaani has ended, Welcome to the next step of waiting game "WAIT FOR APPROVAL NOTICE".

Thanks GOUTAMC, LC140485GC,

Will certainly let know when I get the hard copy. :)

kbaek said:
my employer got a letter from Dallas BEC.
the approval date (not sure but it seems like) on the letter is 8/29/05.

Thanks to everyone on the forum...for information, sense of community, etc.

Congrats!!!!!!!

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:

~~~~CONGRATULATIONS~~~~

Latest PD approvals

Looks like D-BEC is approving LCs from April 2003 now. ;)

01/01/03
01/03/03
01/09/03
01/15/03
01/16/03
01/17/03
01/21/03
01/22/03
01/24/03
02/01/03
02/01/03
02/01/03
02/04/03
02/07/03
02/20/03
02/22/03
02/26/03
03/01/03
03/10/03
03/18/03
03/24/03
03/27/03
03/31/03
04/01/03
04/03/03
04/04/03
04/17/03

Last edited by a moderator:
gcchahiye2003 said:
Hi Friends ,
I am also sailing in the same boat as you all , My PD is Jan 21st, 2003 from DBEC and last I found status from PBEC saying status = RIR.
We 3 colleagues filed together and 2 got their labor this month and I am the only one stuck in this race before 1st oct. Now I got pre approval Labor from my lawyer and the PD of the Labor was Dec. 1999. Approved labor says that BS+2 or BS +5 Years Experience. while My Application was in EB2 with MS+5 years Experience. Can I use the Approved labor and file my I-140 and I-485 concurrent in EB2. I am from India and my B.Sc was done in 1993 and MCA was in 1996. For satisfying existing Labor for EB2 BS+5 years should have 5 years of Experience which I can not show because I was out from college in 1996. Can someone give me any clue , how can I file my application in EB2 so that I surpass this Retrogression.
Can I also file my another I-140 for EB3 so that I can be benefitted with PD = Dec. ' 1999.

Thanks to all for your help in advance. :mad:

Yes you should apply both 140 for these two labor certificates you have/will have.

To me 99's EB3 is much more precious than 03's EB2. Time is priceless. Also, more and more EB3 are converting their cases to EB2, which will make EB2 not better than EB3 as far as retrogression is concerned.

I'm not sure if you have chance to make your old labor a EB2 case. The least you can do is to you ask your lawyer to try.

kentp said:
Any idea if this rule (CHANGEABILITY) implies and is in effect if the applicant's one or both parents are born in non-retro affected countries.
No.
Only your spouse's birth place is a factor.

i-for-a-change said:
Gurus,

I find this forum resoureful. Here is my situation:

I am considering a job transfer within my compnay. The new job will be located in KY and the function will be managerial. I am currently located in MI and the job function is Engineering. Although I will be using most of the current skills in the new job, the new job function will be expanded greatly. My question: is any legal implications to my LC or green card process if I take the offer? Although my lawyer told me there should be no problem.

PD: 8/04
Never made to the regional
State: MI
RIR/EB2
No 45 day letter
:confused: Status: incomplete as of 8/15/05 screenshot.
GC's position is for a future offer.
As long as your GC sponsor employer/HR put the exact/almost same job description as your EA750(labor application form) you will not have any problem.

Labor approved

Hi,

My labor approved and got hard copy. Is there any advantage if I file 140 and 485 this month? Please help...

PD 01/15/2003 (MI)
RD 06/30/2004 (Chicago)

Latest on regression - http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/

Latest On Retrogression

Our 9/23/05 comment on retrogression suggesting that there were significant numbers available has led to a deluge of letters to the Editor and discussion. We had suggested that there would be a total of 248,000 visas for FY 2006 comprised of 140,000 (regular quota) + 8,000 (overflow from family) + 101,000 (AC 21 recaptures). Immigration Daily has now learned from USCIS Nebraska Service Center Deputy Director Christian who inquired of Charlie Oppenheim at the Department of State as follows:

"I believed the information in [the comment] to be incorrect and inquired of Charlie Oppenheim at Department of State. His response was as follows: "AC21 had recaptured the FY-1999/FY-2000 unused Employment numbers which totaled approximately 131,000. Approximately 101,000 of those numbers remained available for use in FY-2005, and there will be about 8,000 remaining for use in FY-2006. My estimate for the FY-2006 Employment limit will be 156,000 (140,000 + 8,000 (FY-2005 Family) + 8,000 (AC21)."
Thus, the total number of FY 2006 EB visas is 156,000, not 248,000. The information we supplied earlier was the best estimate available at the time. With the revised numbers from the DOS above for which we thank Mr. Christian and Mr. Oppenheim, the EB situation appears to be bleaker than even we had feared. As indicated earlier, it is possible that there may be some disputes about the count which may or may not be litigated.
As this fluid situation develops, we will be happy to address queries which clearly originate from immigration professionals. Immigrants and employers should contact their immigration attorney for the latest information.

We welcome readers to share their opinion and ideas with us by writing to editor@ilw.com.
http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------