Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

raja_bsv said:
Hi,

My labor approved and got hard copy. Is there any advantage if I file 140 and 485 this month? Please help...

PD 01/15/2003 (MI)
RD 06/30/2004 (Chicago)
If you are EB2, move fast and make it Sep30 delivery then you can enjoy:
EAD/AP for you and/or your spouse and change employer 6 month later.

Chargeability

kentp said:
Any idea if this rule (CHANGEABILITY) implies and is in effect if the applicant's one or both parents are born in non-retro affected countries.

I think it is called CHARGEABILITY.

The VISA number allocated for the country of birth of either the primary applicant or the spouse can be used. (It has no connection with the country of birth of the parents. And no connection with the citizenship of the applicant or spouse)

SSara said:
I received the same screenshot as yours, by mine said at the end the status of my case... this is weird. Maybe they figure that we are requesting this for status and not for extension on H1-b and they stopped sending the status...
I too got no Status info when I checked today. Not sure what to make of it.........
These guys took off the facility when I needed it the most.

LC Ki Kahani, you mentioned that you got two screenshots one with & one without the status. Did you send two mails to PBEC?

Anyone else in this situation?

UG. said:
~~~~CONGRATULATIONS~~~~

Though visa numbers for EB3 cat have been retrogressed back to 1998 and are unavailable as of now, can I-485 still be filed with the USCIS so that whenever the visa numbers are available, I-485 will get in the processing?

Endeavour2003 said:
I too got no Status info when I checked today. Not sure what to make of it.........
These guys took off the facility when I needed it the most.

LC Ki Kahani, you mentioned that you got two screenshots one with & one without the status. Did you send two mails to PBEC?

Anyone else in this situation?

I had sent one request to Philly BEC and one to Dallas BEC. I have no idea why Philly BEC sent me 2 emails, the first one with status "certified", and the second one with status "blank". I think the e-mailing clerk first sent the email with "certified" status and must've realized "oooops, my bad" and then sent the one with a blank status.

Dallas BEC doesn't seem to be responding to the screenshot requests.

Non-RIR in DBEC

Can anyone please mention what is the current LC processing dates for non-RIR in Dallas Backlog.

One of my friend has the following case still pending:

PD: 07/10/2002, non-RIR Kansas
45 DL: Replied on April 25, 2005

Appreciate your help on this.

Reinstating the mistakenly closed case?

Hello,

How long does it take to Reinstate/Reopen the case?

My attorney received case closure letter on 29 Aug 05 ( My case was closed in DBEC in error with out receiving 45 day letter). Attorney asked to reinstate the case on 8Sep05. Is any one in the same situation?

Thanks to you guys for providing wealth of info
AnbFL

Sgkrao said:
Latest On Retrogression

Our 9/23/05 comment on retrogression suggesting that there were significant numbers available has led to a deluge of letters to the Editor and discussion. We had suggested that there would be a total of 248,000 visas for FY 2006 comprised of 140,000 (regular quota) + 8,000 (overflow from family) + 101,000 (AC 21 recaptures). Immigration Daily has now learned from USCIS Nebraska Service Center Deputy Director Christian who inquired of Charlie Oppenheim at the Department of State as follows:

"I believed the information in [the comment] to be incorrect and inquired of Charlie Oppenheim at Department of State. His response was as follows: "AC21 had recaptured the FY-1999/FY-2000 unused Employment numbers which totaled approximately 131,000. Approximately 101,000 of those numbers remained available for use in FY-2005, and there will be about 8,000 remaining for use in FY-2006. My estimate for the FY-2006 Employment limit will be 156,000 (140,000 + 8,000 (FY-2005 Family) + 8,000 (AC21)."
Thus, the total number of FY 2006 EB visas is 156,000, not 248,000. The information we supplied earlier was the best estimate available at the time. With the revised numbers from the DOS above for which we thank Mr. Christian and Mr. Oppenheim, the EB situation appears to be bleaker than even we had feared. As indicated earlier, it is possible that there may be some disputes about the count which may or may not be litigated.
As this fluid situation develops, we will be happy to address queries which clearly originate from immigration professionals. Immigrants and employers should contact their immigration attorney for the latest information.

We welcome readers to share their opinion and ideas with us by writing to editor@ilw.com.
http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/

Guys,
Does anybody know how 101k and 8k are derived from 131k. I really doubt 241K numbers were used in 2005.
--MC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
Though visa numbers for EB3 cat have been retrogressed back to 1998 and are unavailable as of now, can I-485 still be filed with the USCIS so that whenever the visa numbers are available, I-485 will get in the processing?
congrats on your approval. If you want you can join in this movement:
Dinesh Shenoy, an established lawyer, propose that Congress amend INA § 245(a)(3) to add the following underlined language so that the provision reads as follows:

" ... and (3) except in the case of an alien who is the beneficiary of a petition filed under paragraphs (1), (2) or (3) of section 1153(b) of this title, an immigrant visa is immediately available to him at the time his application is filed."

With this revised language, an I-140 beneficiary would be able to file his or her I-485 once an I-140 is filed [5], even if they know it will be many years before their priority date is reached. They would still have to wait for their turn to actually receive Permanent Residence in priority-date order.[6] But the situation would be more akin to that of asylees at the time when there was a cap on asylee adjustments.[7] Congress still gets to keep a limit on how many aliens actually got Permanent Residence based on employment, but in the meantime aliens who had demonstrated they had the right qualifications to be in the United States and are not taking a job away from a minimally qualified US worker will have more stability, greater peace of mind and will be able to get important interim benefits for derivatives while they wait for their priority date to be reached.

gc2271 said:
Hello,

I received the screen shot from Phili BEC (please see the attached). But there no mention of case status.
Do i have to ask for some thing specific in the email to get the case status?

Please respond.

Thanks in Advance

Few people are not getting any case status in screenshot. In my company too, one of the employee did not get any status in his screenshot. I noticed something weird in your screenshot. It shows occupation title "030162014" (Looks more to me like SSN), I think it is not entered correctly. Occupation title should have 7 digit like "15-1032" or "15-1031".

vsaxena said:
I have received screenshot with ‘BLANK’ case status.
good news likely!
What's the width of blocked place. Does it have the same length to put "certified" in the blocked area, according to the above line on your screen shot? My status was blank 3 weeks after the approval date.

Immi_Seeker said:
Can anyone please mention what is the current LC processing dates for non-RIR in Dallas Backlog.

One of my friend has the following case still pending:

PD: 07/10/2002, non-RIR Kansas
45 DL: Replied on April 25, 2005

Appreciate your help on this.

Is this an swa case or region case?? need more details like my signature...

jnpr said:
good news likely!
What's the width of blocked place. Does it have the same length to put "certified" in the blocked area, according to the above line on your screen shot? My status was blank 3 weeks after the approval date.

jnpr,

Your status was blank 3 weeks after the approval date. Did you get the hard copy yet? If yes, when?

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
jnpr,

Your status was blank 3 weeks after the approval date. Did you get the hard copy yet? If yes, when?
I got it back in August five weeks after approval. When I got it, other people in this forum took anywhere between 2 weeks and 4 months.
For your previous question: visa bulletin is issued monthly, october happened to be the first month of the FY.

Labor Substitute Question before Retrogression.

jnpr said:
Yes you should apply both 140 for these two labor certificates you have/will have.

To me 99's EB3 is much more precious than 03's EB2. Time is priceless. Also, more and more EB3 are converting their cases to EB2, which will make EB2 not better than EB3 as far as retrogression is concerned.

I'm not sure if you have chance to make your old labor a EB2 case. The least you can do is to you ask your lawyer to try.

Hi Jnpr ,
Thanks for your reply , But I am still not clear about my exsiting situation from your answer. Forget my Filed labor for time being, Now the question is Can I file 2 I-140's with Substitute Labor one in EB2 and another in EB3?

Please let me know whether it is a Legal or not ? My Lawyer is saying it is possible but I came to know from somewhere that you have to attach your Original Labor with I-140 Application , so how will you attach your Original Labor with 2 I-140's even Though it is in Eb2 and EB3 Category.

Please help me ASAP, time is running out and we all are approaching retrogression!!!

Thanks to all for your help ...

vsaxena said:
I have received screenshot with ‘BLANK’ case status.

vsaxena,

One of the employee in my company also received BLANK status in screenshot. His PD is Jan 2003. I think, now a days DOL is removing case status "Certified" from screenshot.

When did you re-fax your 45 day letter at correct fax number?

case closed

My case was also closed mistakenly without receiving 45 days letter. My HR faxed a letter to DBPC and requested to reopen the case, but never heard anything back. I know there had several persons' case had been closed mistakenly before, like Vsaxena, rdalls, case closed AnbuFL.I want to know 1.what other ways your attorneys or HR can reach DBPC except through fax number: 214-237-9135.
2. Will you get any confirmation from DBPC that your case has been reopened?
3. Normally how long it will take to reopen a case?

Thanks

gcchahiye2003 said:
Hi Jnpr ,
Thanks for your reply , But I am still not clear about my exsiting situation from your answer. Forget my Filed labor for time being, Now the question is Can I file 2 I-140's with Substitute Labor one in EB2 and another in EB3?

Please let me know whether it is a Legal or not ? My Lawyer is saying it is possible but I came to know from somewhere that you have to attach your Original Labor with I-140 Application , so how will you attach your Original Labor with 2 I-140's even Though it is in Eb2 and EB3 Category.

Please help me ASAP, time is running out and we all are approaching retrogression!!!

Thanks to all for your help ...
What’s on your substitute labor’s 750 form? Is it BS+2years or BS+5 years?
If it’s BS+2 years required and 5 years preferred, it’s a EB3 case.

If you want to file two 140 based on one labor, I don’t think it’s practical and I think you will have problem because the second 140 adjudicator will find out the labor had been used for the first 140.
However, if your lawyer wants to try it, you can ask DOL to send another copy of previous labor. I know some people got 140 RFE for the original copy in substitute labor cases. They can never find the original copy.
Some people say USCIS is responsible to contact DOL for the case, some people say they can get another copy from DOL.

Last edited by a moderator: