Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

EB3 or EB2

New to these Visa Bulletin numbers, my friends and I have some questions.

If I am from Canada or England, am I still subject to the Visa numbers if I am EB3?
Suppose one is a Chiropractor or a Dentist (ie: requiring a Doctor or Chiropractor or Doctor in Dentistry degree). Both programs requires some university Pre-requisites. Can that Dentist or Chiropractor apply under EB-2 (assuming he has very little work experience but his labor is approved?)
How long has EB-3 been unavailable for?

My 6 years of h1B expire in may 06.
my PD is feb 2003 - labor about to be approved.
If i find a new job and apply for labor again the PERM route will my PD remain the same ie feb 2003?

Is it true that I can get 1 yeat extensions based on the fact that my pd is feb 2003 at earlier employer?

I am hearing conflicting opinions. Does anyone have a reliable source that you can point me to ?

LC_blues said:
If i find a new job and apply for labor again the PERM route will my PD remain the same ie feb 2003?

Is it true that I can get 1 yeat extensions based on the fact that my pd is feb 2003 at earlier employer?

I am hearing conflicting opinions. Does anyone have a reliable source that you can point me to ?

Stay with your current compamy at least until your 140 gets approved. Get a copy of the approval notice from your employer and then you can safely change employers (if you want). Once 140 is approved, the PD (priority date) permanently belongs to you even if you change employers. This is what I understand from Mr. Rajiv Khanna's explanation. E-mail him if you have further doubts. He is very nice and have seen him responding to some of our queries via e-mails. Best of luck!

LC_blues said:

carry earlier PD after 140 approved. apply h1b >=7 year extension based on old labor pending 365 days.

For all the people who have doubts about changing jobs before they are able to file 485 due to retrogression, please read this carefully and you will find all the answers yourself:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/handbook/chronpol.htm

May 2005

Interim Guidance for Processing Form I-140 Employment-Based Immigrant Petitions and Form I-485 and H-1B Petitions Affected by the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act of 2000 (AC21) (Public Law 106-313)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status Field is Empty

Last Friday, I send a Status Inquire to Philadelphia BEC and got the response in one hour. But I found that the status field in the Screen is empty (blank). my status is RIR before. What does this mean? Do I need to talk with Lawyer about this? Does someone else get same screen like mine? :confused: :confused: :confused:

don't worry

erto said:
Last Friday, I send a Status Inquire to Philadelphia BEC and got the response in one hour. But I found that the status field in the Screen is empty (blank). my status is RIR before. What does this mean? Do I need to talk with Lawyer about this? Does someone else get same screen like mine? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Some BEC guys are intentionally doing this. It has happened to some guys before and you may find the earlier posts within this forum. But you do NOT need to worry about the blank field.

labor approved

my employer got a letter from Dallas BEC.
the approval date (not sure but it seems like) on the letter is 8/29/05.

Thanks to everyone on the forum...for information, sense of community, etc.

Thanks

Thanks the.
the said:
Some BEC guys are intentionally doing this. It has happened to some guys before and you may find the earlier posts within this forum. But you do NOT need to worry about the blank field.

May not be!

Choclito said:
Is not for the next year .... Fiscal year begin on October so we should see some movement next Visa Bulletin :) :) :) :)

True that CIS publishes VISA Bulletin during September.
But, we have seen in the past, they have published intrim ammendment of VISA bulletin as well. Keep the hopes high (Is the only thing we can do at this juncture!).

Good luck.

Regional Vs State

It is true that Dallas is only processing Regoinal LC now and not touching State at all? My LC is in State Level when it was moved to Dallas. We have Aug 2004 priority date for California. Thinking of moving job and filing for perm. Any helps or ideas will be appreicated.

Icaurs, the Great!!! Where art thou?

Folks,

Have Icarus, the great been sighted recently? Last time he wrote something was about a month ago if I rember correctly.

Did I miss his message in between?

Please anybody post about him.

Thank you so much!!

PD: October 2003
RD: September 2004

At least part of this is not true.

"reallocation of the diversity visa (55,000) numbers by eliminating the DV category".

DV Application has already been invited and the department of state will start accepting applications for 2007 starting from Oct 5.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1318.html.
And this is for 2007 quota. 2006 is alrady done last year. So only possibility of "reallocation of the diversity visa (55,000) numbers" starting from 2008 not before that. Which starts from Oct 2007.
Long way to go (unless they capture DV Visas from future)

GC_from_NJ said:
Seems like some encouraging news...

http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/digest/2005,0923.shtm

If this is true then we are looking at a big jump in the retrogression dates by next year.

cmcindia said:
Hi guys,

I got my LC hardcopy today.Since I saw the screenshot one week back as certified , we prepared everything and kept it ready and we will be filing I-140/485 soon.

details
CA/RIR/EB2/ prio date-July 2002/regional july 2003/45 days letter Jan 2005/approved hard copy 9/22

Thanks
Did you work in CMC India. I worked in CMC at Gachibowli, Hyderabad.
I am in CA now.
My PD is July 2002.
State got approved in June 2003.
Replied to the 45 day letter in March 2005.
LC not yet approved.
Please mail me your details to rao.dulla@gmail.com

Cmc India

cmcindia said:
Hi guys,

I got my LC hardcopy today.Since I saw the screenshot one week back as certified , we prepared everything and kept it ready and we will be filing I-140/485 soon.

details
CA/RIR/EB2/ prio date-July 2002/regional july 2003/45 days letter Jan 2005/approved hard copy 9/22

Thanks
Did you work in CMC India. I worked in CMC at Gachibowli, Hyderabad.
I am in CA now.
My PD is July 2002.
State got approved in June 2003.
Replied to the 45 day letter in March 2005.
LC not yet approved.
Please mail me your details to rao.dulla@gmail.com

Screen Shot : Certified

Hi,

Just wanted to share the news with you. I just got my screenshot from phili BEC for the 7th year extension. Here are some of the details. Don't know exactly what the Case received date means here. Got 45 day letter back in end of Jan.

ETA Case Number: D-0429X-XXXXX
Priority Date: 04/17/2003
Processing Type: RIR
Case Source: Region
Case Received Date: 10/18/2004
Case Status: Certified :)

Thanks

erto said:

According to Phi BEC Screenshot, Case Status: Certified

I believe the hard copy will arrive somewhere within 2 weeks to 2 months.

I got two replies from Phi BEC, one shows the status "certified", and in the second email the status shows blank.

It is about time to file for I-140.