Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Labor Certified

Even my Labor got certified today.

Priority date 03/27/03
Dallas backlog center
Filed from MI - RIR case. :)

retrogression/visa number isssue for Canadians.

If I was born in India but have been a Canadian Citizen for 95% of my life, am I still subject to retrogression and the current visa numbers? What if the green card is sponsered thru my employer but my wife is a Canadian citizen, does that change the situation. Do the visa numbers still affect me when I file my I-485 in that case.
Thanks.

thiru2000 said:
Hi,

My labor was applied in TX/RIR on Oct.2003 under EB3. By going through previous pages, it looks like Dallas BEC is currently processing cases that were moved to Regional. My case is still at state. Can someone tell what strategy is used by dallas BEC for cases at state level? Also, whether labor cert. is approved based on Priority dates regardless of whether they are at state or moved to regional. I have lost hope and I guess I will have to wait for another 2 years to get my labor approved. Would it be better if I try for labor substitution or PERM. I have 1+ years left on my H1B.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

thiru
PD Oct.2003
TX/RIR/EB3
Never made it to Regional

I think DBEC does not have strategy for State cases yet, I can guess that based on their strategy for Regional cases, they will take care RIR cases first.
Much less work force will be dedicateted for TR cases.
Cases filed based on the life act will be taken care on the last turn (150,000) if to assume that Dallas has half of them ~ 75,000

If DBEC will continue to work with the same speed and nothing is changed they clear backlog for 10 years. Their speed in July was 1000 cases for 3 weeks. Let's assume that half of 350,000 cases are in Dallas = 175,000, so they need 525 weeks , 1 year = 52 weeks => They need 10 years.
If you subtract 75,000 (life act) from 175,000 = 100,000 cases they need 300 weeks, so it is around 6 years.

I think that BEC has cases filed in 2004 and 2005 more than for any other year (if not to count life act) let's assume 25-30% of BEC cases were filed in 2004-2005 .... you will get the number 4 years.

I would expect some movement in 3-4 years for your case.

Of course it is only my analysis and everything can be changed

peterpundit said:
If I was born in India but have been a Canadian Citizen for 95% of my life, am I still subject to retrogression and the current visa numbers? What if the green card is sponsered thru my employer but my wife is a Canadian citizen, does that change the situation. Do the visa numbers still affect me when I file my I-485 in that case.
Thanks.

As I know citizenship doesn't matter for retrogression..it's country of birth which matters...if any one of you ( you or ur wife) is born in canada then you should be fine....

Thanks,

peterpundit said:
Thanks.

Unfortunately yes. You are 100% Indian from the INS point of view.
They treat you based on you place of birth. You can have several citizenships but only one place of birth.

It's determined by "Country of Birth", of either of the spouse! Plain & simple.

peterpundit said:
Thanks.

hard copy received

fyi, Lawyer informed that the certified hard copy was received. 3/15/2005. Thanks all! Wish everyone could get LC certified!

However visa#... sucks!

Days_go_by said:
DBEC is currently processing only regional cases, cases which reached regional.
They have not even completed data entry for state cases. In fact they have not completed "temporary" data entry for state cases.
Your PD of oct 2003 could take 2 years to be processed, maybe less, maybe more.
There are thousands of people who have an earlier PD and waiting in the line.

Thanks Days_go_by

sfmars said:
I think DBEC does not have strategy for State cases yet, I can guess that based on their strategy for Regional cases, they will take care RIR cases first.
Much less work force will be dedicateted for TR cases.
Cases filed based on the life act will be taken care on the last turn (150,000) if to assume that Dallas has half of them ~ 75,000

If DBEC will continue to work with the same speed and nothing is changed they clear backlog for 10 years. Their speed in July was 1000 cases for 3 weeks. Let's assume that half of 350,000 cases are in Dallas = 175,000, so they need 525 weeks , 1 year = 52 weeks => They need 10 years.
If you subtract 75,000 (life act) from 175,000 = 100,000 cases they need 300 weeks, so it is around 6 years.

I think that BEC has cases filed in 2004 and 2005 more than for any other year (if not to count life act) let's assume 25-30% of BEC cases were filed in 2004-2005 .... you will get the number 4 years.

I would expect some movement in 3-4 years for your case.

Of course it is only my analysis and everything can be changed

Thanks sfmars for your detailed analysis. Basically my case was sent to Enterject sometime around Sept 2004 before being sent to Dallas BEC. My attorney got a letter on Dec 2004 whether to continue with the case or not and it has been replied promptly. I wasn't sure whether it was the 45 day letter. Does that make any difference?

thiru
PD Oct.2003
TX/RIR/EB3

labor certification

hi everyone
ETACase#:D-050111****
PD :10/24/2003
RD :08/01/2004
45 days letter:03/17/2005
OH

Dallas BEC recieved my 45 letter 03/21/05.

I need screen shot. how can i do that. I need information. I need help thank you all of you.

thiru2000 said:
Thanks sfmars for your detailed analysis. Basically my case was sent to Enterject sometime around Sept 2004 before being sent to Dallas BEC. My attorney got a letter on Dec 2004 whether to continue with the case or not and it has been replied promptly. I wasn't sure whether it was the 45 day letter. Does that make any difference?

thiru
PD Oct.2003
TX/RIR/EB3

Thiru,

Why do not you want to get screenshot for H1B 7th year extension even if you do not need it ?
Look at the field Case source if it says Region most probably your case will be treated as regional, in this case you will get your approval some time around this December.

sfmars said:
Thiru,

Why do not you want to get screenshot for H1B 7th year extension even if you do not need it ?
Look at the field Case source if it says Region most probably your case will be treated as regional, in this case you will get your approval some time around this December.

Sfmars,

I will be glad to do it if you can you guide me? I don't have a receipt/case number of my labor cert. application since my company doesn't provide it to the individuals because of some historic reasons. What are the requirements to get the screeshot for H1B 7 th year extension?

Thanks

thiru
PD Oct.2003
TX/RIR/EB3

thiru2000 said:
Sfmars,

I will be glad to do it if you can you guide me? I don't have a receipt/case number of my labor cert. application since my company doesn't provide it to the individuals because of some historic reasons. What are the requirements to get the screeshot for H1B 7 th year extension?

Thanks

thiru
PD Oct.2003
TX/RIR/EB3

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

Include your company name and your name.

Text: please provide me a proof for H1B 7th year extension

Send e-mail from your work e-mail address

You do not need anything else to get it.

reddy_mjm said:

Priority date 03/27/03
Dallas backlog center

Hi,
Can you please tell me, if your case has finished state and went to regional before it shipped to DBEC. Mine is May 1st 2003 from WA and never went to regional.

Congrats!

reddy_mjm said:

Priority date 03/27/03
Dallas backlog center

Can you please tell me if you got the hard copy by mail or did you know via screen shot?

My PD is 3/12/2003 (CA/RIR/EB-3) and I have not requested a screen shot....so the wait continues.
Thanks

was up?

whatheheck said:
GCCovet, I'm pretty much here. Sometimes pull other members leg every now and then. I too miss both Gandhis (Indira and Feroz). I miss their family fight.

I don't think gp111 will visit this thread anymore. Becasuse he's busy with other thread.

ICarus wont come back becasue he is no longer getting any useful update from his source.

Good to hear from you buddy! hope things are going well with u(besides LC-GC chakkar!)