Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

dema said:
I am in the same boat.....my attorney doesn't want to call BEC.....she asks me to have patience........

How can one have patience when he watches that everybody else with later priority dates are getting status like "Certified", "Final Review" or at least "RIR"?
Hi,

When did you/lawyer reply for the 45 day letter? Try asking her to re-send it. I am trying for the same.

Thanks

Jan 2003 PDs, ETA Case Numbers and all that/Method in the Madness?

NIW,

What are the first 5 digits of your ETA case number?

My PD is Jan 30, 2003, I got my 45-day letter on 2/8/05 and my ETA case number begins with as D-04301.

Even though my PD is a day after yours, my case status is still RIR.

Wonder if it has to do with

(a) being entered into the database later,

and/or

(b) getting the 45 day letter later.

Berkeleybee

NIW applicant said:
Screen shot shows certified!
PD Jan 29 '03 EB2 RIR CA
Certified Some time b/w Aug 23 and Aug 30. Waiting for the mailman now.

Thanks to all of you for all your support, encouragement and info. Hope everyone gets their LCs soon.

U did not get ur 45day letter yet. U can respond with corrections when u receive it. Since the processing has not reached ur date, u did not loose anything. When other cases(SWA) from ur state receive 45 day letter and u dont, then u can start worrying.
--MC

skganji said:
Sorry to post my message in between. It has been utmost frustrating experience with the way the companies and the government handle GC process.
My case details are as follows :

The snap-shot I got from DBEC shows these details:
ETA Case # : T-05192-10XXX.
Priority Date : 07/11/2005.
Processing Type : TR
Case Source : State
Case Status : Incomplete.
Case Received Date : 07/11/2005.
Processing center : Dallas Backlog elimination Center.

The priority date on the Receipt letter I initially got when my attorney sent the ETA 750 to SWA was 02/21/2004. This date doesn't match the PD in snap-shot.
Does any body have a similar experience ?.

My attorney has kept me un-informed about the case type all this time. They are supposed to do RIR and he changed his mind the last minute and applied under TR. They did 6 months Ad for this job . He is giving some vague reasons for applying under "TR". I am not happy with this guy.
I am definitely frustrated with all these problems. Does anybody has some good suggestions on what to do at this stage to help my case ?.

dsugandhi said:
chicchu,

There are two most common defeciency flag:
1. Salary offered is less then 95% of Prevailing wage

DSUGandhi,

Thanks so much for your response. The information you gave is very useful, like always. We have very nearby PDs, but I don't think there is any analysis going on , on our case. By the way, our employer also changed his address couple of months back. Is there something I need to ask the lawyer specifically regarding this to do.

PdFeb03 said:
Deshwasi:

What is the date on your PD and DateSubmitted on the screen shot

Thanks
As I said my PD is Jan 03. There is no Date Submitted on the screen shot but if you meant Case received date , it is 10/2004

vsaxena said:
How should I explain to my lawyer? What could be the beast reason for asking her to do that? She doesn't want to call DOL. She is giving me same crap again and again that DOL is behind in data entry.

thanks,

Most important reason, is to tell her about your colleagues who are working in your company, got approved and your's is still showing "Data Review". She does not have to call DOL, just have to re-fax the 45DL or just to courier it. If you keep sitting like this, you may never get an approval. You have to do it today or tomorrow, why not today? Ask your employer to tell your attorney but make sure there should not be any EGO issue. Just ask her what's wrong in re-faxing the reply again? If possible, send courier with the earlier fax confirmation of 45DL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Europe trip without H1B Visa Stamp

Just to clarify, i have been to Europe for Business. I never had a formal H1 Stmaped on my Passport. I carried my old F1 Visa stamp. My port of entry was Brussels Belgium and i went to France and Netherlands without any problems.

I infact had to get my H1 Stamped in US consulate at Belgium just because i have tor return to US

So in theory the european immigration has no say in whether or not you have a H1B visa. To them , the most important concern is whether or not you will leave their country before the visa expiry. ( Understandable !)

So pack your bags and leave. I was in europe between April and may 2005. So it was the near past

chicchu and Sai786,

I know there is no analysis going on for PD of Nov, 2003. But, there was a call from Dallas BPC analyst for another colleague of my company whose PD is March 2003 regarding employer address change as ETA-750A was showing old address and EDD website was showing current address. Somehow, he also asked about my case and informed my attorney to send a letter to him (I have his name) to amend ETA-750A regarding employer address signed by my employer one for my case and one for my colleague's case. That's why I beleive, at least my case has been assigned to an analyst, but I still beleive it was mainly because of my colleague's case whose PD is March 2003 which he started working on and found the address change.

Last edited by a moderator:
m_chundi said:
U did not get ur 45day letter yet. U can respond with corrections when u receive it. Since the processing has not reached ur date, u did not loose anything. When other cases(SWA) from ur state receive 45 day letter and u dont, then u can start worrying.
--MC

Thank you for your reply . My concern is 45 day letter will be dispatched to the attorney based on your Priority Date. If my priority Date is incorrect and reflects a date which is this years date, it may effect my attorney receiving the 45 day letter. I am assuming that every thing they do with my case at DBEC depends on your PD and your case type. Sorry , If I am testing your patience.

dema said:
Guys....It may not be the right forum to ask this question....But I don't know where to get this information.....Can you guys please help me Or route me to the correct Forum....

My H1B stamping has already expired....but I've valid H1B approval till Sep'06

Will there be any problem if I travel to India through Amsterdam Or London?

I am asking this becuase one of my friends told me yesterday (though he is not very sure but he has heard it somewhere) that if you travel through any european city, they harass you a lot if you don't have valid stamping on your passport. They don't understand H1B approval or Petition.

Do any of you have any prior experience with this?

I need to buy my tickets by today or tomorrow based on this information.

So please help.

dema,

last year i went to india via london and got my H1B stamped for the first time in india. i obtained a 6 month visitor visa from the UK los angeles consulate before travelling. i did not have any problems at their immigration either on the way to india or on the way back to US. on the way to india the immigration lady saw that i had return tickets and then did take a look at my H1B approval papers etc and verified that i did plan to get my H1B visa stamped before returning. on the way back, they did not bother with any of that stuff. i think you should be fine as long as you obtain a visitor visa for UK. dont know about other european countries. the schengen rules are a little more complicated (like the port of entry should be in the same country from whom you get the schengen visa and stuff like that.. please verify those)

jw

skganji said:
Thank you for your reply . My concern is 45 day letter will be dispatched to the attorney based on your Priority Date. If my priority Date is incorrect and reflects a date which is this years date, it may effect my attorney receiving the 45 day letter. I am assuming that every thing they do with my case at DBEC depends on your PD and your case type. Sorry , If I am testing your patience.
45day letter is generated whenever the dataentry is complete. I did not see any relation between PD and 45day letter. I dont know how the data entry process is working, but my gut feeling is when is a case is picked up for data entry, the corresponding file(physical) is stored along with other files whose dataentry happened along with urs. Those same files are picked up for completing the data entry again. So u may be receiving ur 45day letter along with others from ur state close to ur actual PD. Never the less if ur Lawyer is willing go ahead and try contacting the BEC to rectify the error.
--MC

3 Year H1B extension should be okay... need not worry...

Got this from www.immigration-law.com

Three-year increment H-1B extension is available to those (1) whose I-140 petition has been approved but who cannot complete the green card process (2) because of the visa number unavailability. The thresholds for the three-year increment H-1B extension are two-folds: (1) Visa Number is Not Available for Him in the Visa Bulletin, and (2) I-140 immigrant petition has been approved. Accordingly, those EB-3 applicants who have received I-140 petitions are eligible for the three-year extension now since currently no EB-3 visa number is available for anyone. Currently, I-140 approval takes a short time, CSC and TSC processing I-140 petitions with the Receipt Date of May 2005, and VSC processing I-140 petitions with the Receipt Date of March 2005. Seeking 3-year extension as opposed to one-year extension will save oneself from lots of hastles and expenses which are involved in H-1B extension filing.

justdoit said:
Next time i will ask my lawyer to apply for 10 year extension. Much better that 3 yrs.
;)
LC_Ki_Kahaani:
Extension of h1 is possible only in 1 yr increments after 6 yrs - only if LC is pending for more than a year. If INS approved a 3 yrs extension beyond 6 yrs; you maybe in for a rude awakening.
You should apply for a 1 year extension just before expiration of 7th year and you should quote in your application that INS made a mistake by approving a 3 year extension beyond the 6 year limit. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR LAWYER (or may some other lawyer since your lawyer seemed to think its ok to apply for 3 yr extension)

Icarus
Any update on when all entries will be concluded and when all letters will have been sent out.
Is there anyway to find out if an individuals data has been entered?

Hi DeshWasi,

Did you sent to Dallas or Phil BEC? I requested sceen shot two weeks ago, Dallas never replied.

Details:
CA-EB2-RIR
Dallas BEC
PD: Jun 2002
45 Days letter replied: Jan 2005

DeshWasi said:
Hi Guys,

I received my screen shot today...My case has been certified. I requested a screen shot 2 weeks ago , but received a reply today.
Here are my details:

Case Number: D-04xxx-xxxxx
Type: RIR
PD: Jan 03
Case Status: Certified

Now the wait for hard copy begins...

vsaxena said:
Did anybody find out more about the cases which have status “DATAREVIEW” with priority date of 2002?

What could be the reason for my case, I just got another screenshot and it is still in “DataReview”. MY PD is 9/30/2002. Lawyer did reply for 45 day letter in Jan 2005.

Thanks,

i remember u asked me a question like why u requested screeshot second time but u can request as many times as u can bec u have pd date 2002 ??? keep on sending requests for status until it's certified?????:) :) :) :)

Is it people right to send too many requests IF bec PASSES THEIR pd????????

here is u r post:

QUOTE=vsaxena]Icarus already suggested that RIR cases with PD of 01/03 are being processed.

Especially when your PD is 11/03 you should not send 2nd query within 18 days. Please check the date of last query

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1201281&postcount=4717

Icarus already mentioned that status checks queries are making them slow.

Please don’t do that.

thanks,[/QUOTE]

Got my LC

Hi
This is my first post. First of all I would like to thank all Gurus for up to date information and support. And Good luck to all others who are waiting for LC.

I got my LC today (Hard copy)
My PD is Jan9th 2003 CA RIR EB2

I got this info from my lawyer. I'm not sure whether any other information about my case will help. Let me know if you guys have any other questions

Waiting in vain

My case is RIR with PD Sept.2002. My lawyer replied the 45 day letter in Jan. Today I got screenshot form Philly indicating status as 'RIR'. I don't know why my case is still 'RIR' when later cases are certified. My colleague with the same PD is also waiting. My other colleague with PD Dec. has got his approval. My friend in my company applied two weeks before me got his GREEN CARD itself two months back. All our cases are filed in Dallas and 'RIR'. Any guess what is happening? I am not from EB3 retrogresed countries. I don't know if I should go for PERM. Any guesses from gurus?

My attorney informed me that my case at Dallas BEC has "Final Review" status. Attorney could not give me any other information. Does anyone know how long it would take me to get the final approval. My PD is DEC 2002; CA. What does Final Review mean?