Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

CaliGC said:
Got this from www.immigration-law.com

Three-year increment H-1B extension is available to those (1) whose I-140 petition has been approved but who cannot complete the green card process (2) because of the visa number unavailability. The thresholds for the three-year increment H-1B extension are two-folds: (1) Visa Number is Not Available for Him in the Visa Bulletin, and (2) I-140 immigrant petition has been approved. Accordingly, those EB-3 applicants who have received I-140 petitions are eligible for the three-year extension now since currently no EB-3 visa number is available for anyone. Currently, I-140 approval takes a short time, CSC and TSC processing I-140 petitions with the Receipt Date of May 2005, and VSC processing I-140 petitions with the Receipt Date of March 2005. Seeking 3-year extension as opposed to one-year extension will save oneself from lots of hastles and expenses which are involved in H-1B extension filing.
If you read more of his posts, you will find his 3 year extension beyond 6 years was not based on 485 retrogression. It's simply the 7th year extension but USCIS mistakenly approved for 3 years. Some people in this forum asked him to be cautious in this situation.
However, if I were him, I would take it. At least I can enjoy this 3 year extension to renew my driver license in my state.

skganji said:
Sorry to post my message in between. It has been utmost frustrating experience with the way the companies and the government handle GC process.
My case details are as follows :

The snap-shot I got from DBEC shows these details:
ETA Case # : T-05192-10XXX.
Priority Date : 07/11/2005.
Processing Type : TR
Case Source : State
Case Status : Incomplete.
Case Received Date : 07/11/2005.
Processing center : Dallas Backlog elimination Center.

The priority date on the Receipt letter I initially got when my attorney sent the ETA 750 to SWA was 02/21/2004. This date doesn't match the PD in snap-shot.
Does any body have a similar experience ?.

My attorney has kept me un-informed about the case type all this time. They are supposed to do RIR and he changed his mind the last minute and applied under TR. They did 6 months Ad for this job . He is giving some vague reasons for applying under "TR". I am not happy with this guy.
I am definitely frustrated with all these problems. Does anybody has some good suggestions on what to do at this stage to help my case ?.

My job title is dead wrong too. Lawyer said he sent a correction letter to DOL with 45 days letter and i shouldn't border him with the same issue.

I bug the lawyer everyday for last three months and he never gave a reply. Finally HR called and told me that lawyer complained if I call again, he will charge me for individual phone calls.

Yesterday i got the screenshot and the job title is still wrong. The only way i can contact him now is thru HR.

I'm thinking about complain him thru HR. eye to eye

BPC Anniversary

FACTOID OF THE DAY:

As far as I can tell the first day cases were entered into the BPC system was September 2, 2004. So tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of data entry at BPC.

JustWatching said:
FACTOID OF THE DAY:

As far as I can tell the first day cases were entered into the BPC system was September 2, 2004. So tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of data entry at BPC.
I feel very lucky because DOL had chosen Dallas as BEC center then instead of New Orleans...

Only One more year of funding for BEC is that right?

Not even half of us received 45 day letter, forget the approvals....how will they complete all their work in another year?

JustWatching said:
FACTOID OF THE DAY:

Still no 45 day letter ??

Is there anybody still out there like me...?

July 2003 PD OH SESA
June 2004 RD Chicago.

Have they decided not to send 45 d letters anymore? Can somebdoy pls explain...should we first get those letters in order to get certified?

Approval Date??

Hi:

Could you please provide the date when your Labor was approved.

Thanks

JustLCed said:
Hi
This is my first post. First of all I would like to thank all Gurus for up to date information and support. And Good luck to all others who are waiting for LC.

I got my LC today (Hard copy)
My PD is Jan9th 2003 CA RIR EB2

I got this info from my lawyer. I'm not sure whether any other information about my case will help. Let me know if you guys have any other questions

45 day letter IOWA RIR AUG 04

My Employer Received 45 day letter Today
RIR /Aug 2004 /IOWA /EB3

My wife has an H1-B approved to start from OCT 2005 (same company of mine). Is it wise to file for her thru PERM (EB3) .
Will this be faster in any way than my LC processing ?

rest_2004_free said:
Is there anybody still out there like me...?

July 2003 PD OH SESA
June 2004 RD Chicago.

Have they decided not to send 45 d letters anymore? Can somebdoy pls explain...should we first get those letters in order to get certified?

Ppl whose case went to region must have 45 day letters, only quite a few do not have them from Dallas.

Ppl whose case did not went to region do not have 45 day letters, only quite a few have them from Dallas.

My calculation shows that only ~ 15% people got 45 day letters from Dallas.

I do not believe they changed strategy to send them.

In the worst case we will not see any 45 day letters until they complete fully data entry, some time at the beginning of the next year, and the same time
I think they decided to clear those 15% of the cases which got 45 day letters first, they should complete this process at the first quarter of 2006.

In other words no 45 day letters till 2006.

No 45-day letters

My attorney and employer confirmed that DOL has changed the strategy on sending 45-days letters and no more letters be sent in future to SAVE TIME :confused: . May be they are realizing the TIME value :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
My attorney informed me that my case at Dallas BEC has "Final Review" status. Attorney could not give me any other information. Does anyone know how long it would take me to get the final approval. My PD is DEC 2002; CA. What does Final Review mean?

PD of last case arriving in SFO DOL

Hello all,

Could someone tell the PD of latest RIR case that made to SFO DOL?
Sort of SFO regional cutoff date for RIR. I am asking because the
dates at DOL sites stuck around 02/04 for 5 months which is unreasonable.

thanks

Icarus,

Could you update where the Analyst's Q now in DBEC? your updates are very important to us. It is highly appreciated if you can post atleast biweekly!

People from PBEC are getting approved without the 45 day letters so anything is possible in BEC. :rolleyes:

So maybe DBEC will follow the same rule of not sending 45 day letters and still approving your case.

sfmars said:
Ppl whose case went to region must have 45 day letters, only quite a few do not have them from Dallas.

Ppl whose case did not went to region do not have 45 day letters, only quite a few have them from Dallas.

My calculation shows that only ~ 15% people got 45 day letters from Dallas.

I do not believe they changed strategy to send them.

In the worst case we will not see any 45 day letters until they complete fully data entry, some time at the beginning of the next year, and the same time
I think they decided to clear those 15% of the cases which got 45 day letters first, they should complete this process at the first quarter of 2006.

In other words no 45 day letters till 2006.

jnpr said:
I feel very lucky because DOL had chosen Dallas as BEC center then instead of New Orleans...

Oh yeah... Our dreams would have washed away. It would of course be very convenient for DOL. Their communicado would then go .........

"Due to unprecedent circumstances we are unable to verify your case status at this time. If you do not hear from us within 90 days we strongly encourage you to re-file your Alien labor certification "

or they would then claim to have 'eliminated' the backlog....

im_1960 said:
My attorney informed me that my case at Dallas BEC has "Final Review" status. Attorney could not give me any other information. Does anyone know how long it would take me to get the final approval. My PD is DEC 2002; CA. What does Final Review mean?
Final Review means Final Review - It will be probably certified soon.

wrong PD on screenshot

skganji said:
Sorry to post my message in between. It has been utmost frustrating experience with the way the companies and the government handle GC process.
My case details are as follows :

The snap-shot I got from DBEC shows these details:
ETA Case # : T-05192-10XXX.
Priority Date : 07/11/2005.
Processing Type : TR
Case Source : State
Case Status : Incomplete.
Case Received Date : 07/11/2005.
Processing center : Dallas Backlog elimination Center.

The priority date on the Receipt letter I initially got when my attorney sent the ETA 750 to SWA was 02/21/2004. This date doesn't match the PD in snap-shot.
Does any body have a similar experience ?.

I'm on the same boat, the PD is wrong (it was a data entry problem, not your lawyer's fault), as well as the type (they entered TR). A couple of other people have the same problem on the PBEC board.

I talked to my lawyer and they called PBEC and sent faxes, but so far we haven't got any reply. The lawyer said we'll get it fixed when we reply to the 45-day letter ...

Not much you can do. Just make sure your lawyer is aware of the issue when they receive the letter.

Please post if you have any updates ...

GC_from_NJ said:
People from PBEC are getting approved without the 45 day letters so anything is possible in BEC. :rolleyes:

So maybe DBEC will follow the same rule of not sending 45 day letters and still approving your case.

I saw only people with specially handled cases were treated like this (no 45 day letter and they get approvals).

But as you may know if DBEC or PBEC identifies specially handled case they send it back to Region DOL , no 45 day letter in this case because Regional DOL does not issue 45 day letters.

Could you send me examples of approved cases without 45 day letters BUT NOT SPECIAL HANDLED ?