Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

When am I goint to get the LC -modified-

Hi all,

Please do you know what is the current queue?

PD : March 2003 (H1B, RIR, CA)
RD : Oct 2004
45-day letter received : Jan 2005, replied right-away.
Case No. : D-04292-XXXXX

No confusion

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
Thanks for the memo. It does talk about the extension.
H1 extension is by 1 year only if your LC or 140 is pending and the same is 3 years if 485 is pending.But by mistake service center sometimes issue more than 1 year as happened in my case.Irrespective of this error after 1 year you have to inform service center and apply for 1 more year extension if your Labour or 140 were still pending.

MI_NonRIR said:
I'm in the process of accepting a management position within my company.

This position is for the same engineering group where I'm currently working.

My labor was originally filled for the engineering position (non-RIR category).

My case is still pending at Dallas (no 45-day letter yet).

I was wondering if I can change my job description now and still enjoy the PD of May 2002 before or after receiving the 45-day letter.

My company is willing to help me on this.

However, my attorney never gives me a straight forward answer on these kind of questions.

Any advise from you guys (Gurus on this site) is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
First thing you need to specify is whether you are from one of the PD retrogression affected countries.
If you are from one of the four countries, then PD is the most important thing in your GC journey. The more pain you have for your labor, the less pain you have for 485. In this case, the best help your company can offer is to convert your case to Perm. The position and job description will be identical, NOT the management position you are going to take. If your company is willing to convert your BEC labor to PERM, it's still hard to say which way is faster since you need at least several months before you file PERM.

If you are not from one of the affected countries, you can apply PERM for the management position. You will lose your PD. However, you should be able to-----we are still waiting for DOL's decistion----- use either Perm labor or BEC labor to apply for 140.

DOL is back and forth for multiple labors same employer policy. You can prepare for your PERM while labor dept is making their policy.

BTW, just read somewhere that you can file L Visa, like L1b for managers. Check that out with your employer/lawyer. If you can do that, you can bypass labor like EB1&EB2 NIW.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally!!!

Screen shot shows certified!
PD Jan 29 '03 EB2 RIR CA
Certified Some time b/w Aug 23 and Aug 30. Waiting for the mailman now.

Thanks to all of you for all your support, encouragement and info. Hope everyone gets their LCs soon.

Case closed

jaydsai said:
my case details...

CA/RIR/EB2/Pediatrician
PD 01/29/03
screeen shot says case closed

Dude,
You better call your attorney/HR and let them know that your case has been closed. Find out if the HR/Attorney received the 45 day letter or not etc...

Congrats NIW

NIW applicant said:
Screen shot shows certified!
PD Jan 29 '03 EB2 RIR CA
Certified Some time b/w Aug 23 and Aug 30. Waiting for the mailman now.

Thanks to all of you for all your support, encouragement and info. Hope everyone gets their LCs soon.

Hi,

My PD is also very close to yours - CA - RIR 01/27/03. But so far I have not sent an email for screen shot as I am not in need of H1 extn. So, I am not sure of what happened to my case. Any wild guess when are you expecting to get your hard copy??? Any updates on the mailroom??

Hey, I'm a pediatrician too!
It really sucks that your case has been closed. I suggest calling your lawyer immediately. Send him a copy of your screen shot. They should aggressively try and have your case re-opened. Don't give up...my attorney said that the DBEC will definitely re-open these cases, I'm just not sure of the timelines.
jaydsai said:
My 45 day letter was received and replied to in Feb '05. I hope my lawyer can throw some light on this. The problem is he has not received any notification about case closure. This is just from the H1 extension e-mail address. My 7th year H1 expires in 06/'06. So I don't know if DBEC will listen to my lawyer. :confused:

For Jaydsai

jaydsai,

Initially when i sent email for my status. My status was closed w/o any info.
Then i immediately contacted my lawyer and they sent enquiry to DBEC. I sent another email to DBEC two days ago and now my status is "Data Review". I don't know what will be the next status?

Better you contact your lawyer asap.

jaydsai said:
My 45 day letter was received and replied to in Feb '05. I hope my lawyer can throw some light on this. The problem is he has not received any notification about case closure. This is just from the H1 extension e-mail address. My 7th year H1 expires in 06/'06. So I don't know if DBEC will listen to my lawyer. :confused:

jaydsai said:
Congratulations NIW applicant,

my PD is same as yours. got a screen shot today. case closed. don't know what to do next. any tips?

CA/RIR/EB2/Pediatrician
PD 01/29/03
Case Closed on 08/30/05
What is "date Submitted on" n datareview section?

Push you lawyer to call DOL, it can be done. one of the member got his approval after his case was closed around the first week of Aug. i guess his name is "BobbySingh", if you do the search you can find some more info.

Thanks

rdalls said:
jaydsai,

Initially when i sent email for my status. My status was closed w/o any info.
Then i immediately contacted my lawyer and they sent enquiry to DBEC. I sent another email to DBEC two days ago and now my status is "Data Review". I don't know what will be the next status?

Better you contact your lawyer asap.

What is your PD? when did you get the screenshot first time?

Thanks,

grace5

grace5,

Any updates on your case? My case also in Data Review like you.

grace5 said:
Hello all,

Just got my response from Philly center and my status is Data Review.

My PD is Jan 2003, 45 day letter was received and responded in mid April.

All the information is correct. Processing type is RIR and Case Received Date is 4/30/2005 (where this date coming from?). I assume they have received 45 day letter response, otherwise it would have been closed? Or they still have not entered the response (which is 4 months ago) into the system for PD of Jan 2003 case?

Just to share my case info with you all so we could have a more realistic expectation.

rdalls said:
My PD date is 07/15/2002. First screen i got on 9th August with case status closed.
Did u talk to your lawyer about the status "DataReview", what does he/she say?

My lawyer tells me to have patience.

Please share the information.

Thanks,

rdalls said:
Originally Posted by grace5
Hello all,

Just got my response from Philly center and my status is Data Review.

My PD is Jan 2003, 45 day letter was received and responded in mid April.

All the information is correct. Processing type is RIR and Case Received Date is 4/30/2005 (where this date coming from?). I assume they have received 45 day letter response, otherwise it would have been closed? Or they still have not entered the response (which is 4 months ago) into the system for PD of Jan 2003 case?

Just to share my case info with you all so we could have a more realistic expectation.

Any updates on your case? My case also in Data Review like you. What does your lawyer says about this?

goutamc said:
Dude, I'm in the same boat as u as far as marraige goes. I think we have some committment issues to deal with. Last 8yrs in US has screwed up my mind, I guess I'm a little bit confused like an ABCD :)

Any way I got the screen shot from phili BEC.

You know what goutamc, I sent an email and got the screen shot with a couple of hours. The Case Status field shows "RIR". What does that mean? Am I seeing light at the end of the tunnel?

dsugandhi said:
See the attached "HowBPCWorks" document, to get familiarized yourself with different status and queues at BPC. It also explains, where BPC is using FIFO order by PD and where it does not.

It is a brief document for general understanding, so it might not cover everything but good for many to understand BPC.

I have modified the document for "Data Review". I miss understood some words. Please see the corrected document.

I just wanted to just ask you what does "Case Status: RIR" mean?
Your response shall be highly appreciated.

LC_Ki_Kahaani said:
You know what goutamc, I sent an email and got the screen shot with a couple of hours. The Case Status field shows "RIR". What does that mean? Am I seeing light at the end of the tunnel?

RIR means they have received a positive response to the 45 day letter and the application is placed in quoe for final review. In final Review they check things like did the company do any layoffs, are all paers in order etc...