Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

WhyThisDelay said:
Aaah.. this is complicated. I dont know the answer to this. But here is my "guess"

Theoratcially it seems feasible since you are filing LC under new employer, but I see 3 problems with it right away:

1) In almost all the 3 stages, you are required to send copy of your W2 forms. I've seen in I140/485 forums a lot of people get investigated on their W2s. So if you use the sister company's LC approval, and in 140/485 get probed for your W2 - your W2 will have the name/tax id of your original company. My guess is that this can result in denial (although I'm not expert on I140/485 matters - so take this guess with a pinch of salt). A way to find more on this is to post this in I140/485 forums and see what people there reply.

2) With DOL/USCIS you cannot be sure when they'll change rules again. Although I'm sure people with this kind of opportunity are rare, but they might come up with a rule tomorrow that an individual can have only one application pending irrespective of old/new/future employer. If they come out and enforce this rule - you might get stuck with a LC with a 2005 PD.

3) In general this seems weired (you working for one company and filing labor on behalf of sister company which does not pay you). Do a lot of research , if possible consult a second attorney before you file another application. Be advised that EB2 is not a sure shot way to bypass retrogression. It takes more time to get cleared under PERM and will be retrogressed soon. So make informed decisions.

Good luck.
** GC is for future employment. It can be filed by a company you currently do not work for. **
So, the 2 companies are technically different (Different tax ids). You may file GC for future employment. However, you will need to physically join them (sister company) once the GC is approved.
[But I am not sure what complications you may face since there is some sort of relation between the 2 companies. Please consult your lawyer.]

michigan approvals 02/03 (hard copy)

Any Michigander with PD in 02/03 who got his/her labor approval (hard copy)?

justdoit said:
** GC is for future employment. It can be filed by a company you currently do not work for. **
So, the 2 companies are technically different (Different tax ids). You may file GC for future employment. However, you will need to physically join them (sister company) once the GC is approved.
[But I am not sure what complications you may face since there is some sort of relation between the 2 companies. Please consult your lawyer.]
I believe this sister company should work. However, I am confused.
Are there some rules that you should join the petitioner company after 140?
Because there is 180 days rule after 485 is filed. If you can go to your green card sponsor company after you get green card, is the 180 days rule of AC21 contradictive with the green card future employment policy?
Suppose you work for company A and file 485 through GC sponsor company B. Are you okay to switch to GC sponsor company less than 180 days?
Please clarify. Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
PD Jan 2003, Case Status Still RIR

Well, I got tired of sitting on my hands following the rules, so I sent an email to the Phil BEC asking for proof of submission. I was in an optimistic mood seeing all these Jan 2003 Final Reviews and Certifications. My PD is 1/30/2003 and my case status is still RIR as of Aug 24, 2005.

EB-2
CA-DOL
PD: 1/30/2003
RD: 12/29/2003
45 Day Letter Received: 2/8/05
45 Day Letter Replied: 2/10/05

vsaxena said:
Hi,

Am I the only one left with PD of 2002 of or there is someone else like me?

Thanks,

No. A lot more are still waiting.

SD EB3/RIR
PD: May 2002
D-04309-XXXXX
Screen Shot Case Status : RIR (at end July 2005)

Thanks WHyThisDelay, justdoit, jnpr

I think I should be able to file the labor (future employment clause) but after filing 140, I beleive the applicant needs to be on the payroll of the company, for which 140 is filed.
Is it possible that I join internally the sister company after 140 and after 180 days of filing 485, use the AC21 rule to switch back to owner company?

this is little complicated and risky........
I will also post this in 140/485 forum..

justdoit said:

ICARUS, GP111, MNHRDC, GURUS - PD Change by LC Substitution before Certification?

Hello,

My LC is pending at dallas BEC with PD 3/2004.

My company has a pending LC with PD 7/2002 for an former employee at Dallas BEC. Case Status as of yesterday per HR - Data Review (Strange).

Since that employee no longer works for the company, my employer is willing to substitute me on that pending LC by submitting an Amended LC petition (ETA-750) to Dallas BEC.

With new One Employee One LC Rule, I understand that my either pending LC (with PD 3/2004) will need to be withdrawn or Dallas BEC will deny LC (PD 3/2004) application if substitution is accepted.

Questions:
- With this substitution (before certification) if allowed, will I get earlier PD i.e. 7/2002?

- I am worried though whether Dallas BEC can Reject LC substitution on OLD LC (PD 7/2002) and Cancel it since original beneficiary no longer works ANDDDDD reject my pending LC (PD 3/2004).
Can this happen? ICARUS, GP111, MNHRDC and Other GURUS please advise?

nutcracker1978 said:
The case screenshot I received today shows my case in the 'certified' status. Seems that DBEC is moving as expected (I had estimated Aug/Sep as certifying date). Will update once I get the hard copy.

Regards.

Can you be more specific on your PD date? Mine is Feb 26 2003/RIR/CA. I've not requested a screen shot yet, though I will do that soon since I really need it for my 7th H1 year.

My PD is Feb 5th 2003

replied earlier too...

alex904 said:
Can you be more specific on your PD date? Mine is Feb 26 2003/RIR/CA. I've not requested a screen shot yet, though I will do that soon since I really need it for my 7th H1 year.

activex111 said:
Thanks WHyThisDelay, justdoit, jnpr

I think I should be able to file the labor (future employment clause) but after filing 140, I beleive the applicant needs to be on the payroll of the company, for which 140 is filed.
Is it possible that I join internally the sister company after 140 and after 180 days of filing 485, use the AC21 rule to switch back to owner company?

this is little complicated and risky........
I will also post this in 140/485 forum..
You are welcome! You are luckier than most of the people since you have 2 companies working for your GC. I think you need to talk to your lawyer because it’s a unique case.
According to the latest AC21 memo, you can switch job before 180 days, as long as your GC sponsor don’t revoke your approved 140. If your 140 is still pending, you can still switch job as long as your GC sponsor respond 140 RFE satisfyingly, e.g. HR will not simply say this employee doesn’t work for us anymore.
In your case, since they are sister companies, both of them will cooperate for your 140 and 485. For you and your sister companies, 180 days+140 approval rule doesn’t have to be followed. However, if your 485 application is adjudicated within 180 days----it's possible since we have PD retrogression and the 485 filing date is not important any more, USCIS will adjudicate cases on the basis of PD---you might have trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Labor Approved...Details...

Got a copy of Labor from Attorney, following are details.
I would like to Thank You Icarus and other Guru's for valuable info and suggestions.
Before coming to this forum i was totally clueless and looking for various options, You guys are doing great job!!

See you all in 140/485 forums!!

-SR
TX/RIR/EB3
PD - 11/05/2002
D-04287-1xxxx
45 letter - 12/20/04
Certified - 07/08/05
Received - 08/18/05

jnpr said:
scorp29
Registered User Join Date: Dec 2004

Sorry bro cheer up

pd:01APRIL2001 :(
+++++++++++++
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidyee
Am I the oldest in the Queue? Still nothing happened.
PD: Jul, 2001
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If your case is in Dallas, RIR, 45 day letter replied, Approved by the state and made to region--no remand, notice of finding, request for evidence etc, you should be in the Queue.
You should ask your lawyer/employer to make a request in case your PD/Process Type/Case Source was changed.

Yes, it is RIR, 45 letter received back in Jan, 2005 and replied in the same month. It has been forwarded to region, no remand...etc. Only thing is that it was classified as not-recommended when it reached regional. Asked lawyer to send countless queries, but no response from BEC. Sent request for proof yestoday by myself, no reponse until now. Somebody please give some thougts.

Labor Certified

Finally get the long-waited approval, the screen shot says certified, a sigh of relief, hope the mail will follow soon, thanks very much to everybody here, we have been giving each other help and encouragement, it is a good experience in that regard, BEC seems to be working hard, hope you all get certified soon.

My case info:
PD: 02/20/2003, TX
software engineer
EB2

davidyee said:
Yes, it is RIR, 45 letter received back in Jan, 2005 and replied in the same month. It has been forwarded to region, no remand...etc. Only thing is that it was classified as not-recommended when it reached regional. Asked lawyer to send countless queries, but no response from BEC. Sent request for proof yestoday by myself, no reponse until now. Somebody please give some thougts.
First, you should make sure Dallas record is accurate. I saw PD changed to a year later, RIR changed to TR, or Source region changed to state.
If your record at Dallas is accurate, then you should do your own research, start from prevailing wage and the most common notice of finding.
I don't see anybody post RFE/NOF from this thread and philly thread yet. It's possible that your case was held temporarily. Good luck!

Screen Shots

Applied (PD) in CA on 12/01/2002
Moved to DOL CA in Nov 2003.
Moved to Dallas BEC

Please suggest how I can get the status of my labour. Employer is saying that Dallas BEC is processing June 2002 cases. But I see several approvals whose PD is in Jan 2003.

How can I get the screen shots. I see people talking abt screen shots.

Thanks

Attorney received my Hardcopy approval(PD 1/2/2003)

Hi All:

Just want to share with you all the good news that my
Attorney received the Hardcopy of my Labor Certification.
He said he received it yesterday(08/24/2005). Yet to get
a copy of the Hardcopy. I want to thank all those folks who
shared all the relevant info in this forum for the benefit of
others. Specifically GP111, ICARUS and so many others.
Here are my details:
Case type: RIR / EB3
State: Michigan
Case source: Region
PD : 01/02/2003
Hardcopy Received : 08/23/2005

WhyThisDelay said:
You cannot re-file in PERM if the employer is same (unless you are ready to accept that your old application will be denied). If that happens, you'll be stuck with a 2005 PD - which is way worse than May 2003 PD.

I'm in the same boat (April 2003 PD) and was considering re-filing under PERM EB2 - but I've almost given up due to new rules that USCIS/DOL published 2 weeks ago. For your benefit I'm copying and pasting the summary of new rules from the immigration-law.com website:

08/11/2005: "One Employer-One Employee-One Labor Certification" Principle Adopted by DOL

According to the Frequently Asked Questions Round 5 which was released yesterday, the DOL will recognize and certified only one labor certification for one employee by the same employer regardless of identical job or different job (Principle of One Labor Certification for One Employee Only with One Employer). Accordingly, effective August 31, 2005, the DOL will take following actions:
PERM Cases:
(1) Once one PERM case is certified, all other PERM applications filed by the same employer for the same employee will be denied regardless of same job or different job.
(2) Once one PERM case is certified and any backlog case is pending at the Backlog Processing Centers for the same employee, regardless of same job or different job, the Backlog Center will issure Notice of Findings to deny the pending backlog cases.
Backlog Cases:
Once one backlog case is certified, any other cases pending at the PERM National Processing Centers or the Backlog Processing Centers will be denied.
Revocation of Multiple Certified Cases:
Should they learn that multiple applications have been inadvertently certified for the same employer and the employee, regardless of same job or different job, all the cases which have been certified after the first case certification will be revoked by the DOL. Only first certified case will thus survice.
If the DOL inadvertently certified both PERM application and the backlog application, regardless of the sequence of the certifications, the DOL will revoke the PERM application.
Multiple Pending Cases:
When an application is pending, employer must first withdraw a pending application before a new application is filed for the same employee.
If Employer filed multiple cases and all these cases are pending, only the application which was filed "last" will be certified and all other cases which were filed prior to the last case filing will be denied.
For the details, read the full text of PERM FAQ Round 5.
Thanks "WhyThisDelay" for prompt reply. I was wondering if there is a processing time difference currently between RIR and NON-RIR cases at BEC and also I would like to know if EB-2 and EB-3 have different processing times too ? As I stated my priority date is May 2003 and it is NON RIR/EB-3 from Texas.

More info please

Was your application remanded to the state? My PD is Jul 2001, but my application was remanded in Apr 2003. I have not even received a 45 day letter yet. Anybody else in the same boat?

pddoc said:
My LC got approved. PD is Aug 2001, RIR. Approved on 14 april 2005 but just recieved the copy today. Good luck. :)

Processing time for Non-RIR LC application - that is something which probably only Icarus will have answer to. There is no difference between EB2/EB3 processing time in the Dallas BEC.

But looking at the Philly forum, it seems that they will come anyway (in Philly center, Non-RIR queue is ahead of the RIR queue). I'd guess that worse case scenario for you is that your case might take 1 year to get approved. Being EB3 you'll probably be allowed to apply for 485 only in next october/november (same holds true for me) and you'll get your EAD in Jan/Feb 2007.

Now let's look at the EB2 option. It will take AT LEAST 3 months for you and your lawyer to do the electronic paperwork and other requirements for PERM. It probably will take 4-5 months to get approved (EB2 cases most probably get audited causing delays). So you'll get your EB2 LC approval in next April. By that time EB2 will surely be retrogressed by at least 15 months (my guess based on looking at EB2 retrogression in Jan/Feb 2001). Assuming it moves 1 month each month and visa numbers dont get exhausted, you'll be able to file for 485 in Jan 2007 and will get EAD in april 2007.

All the above calculations are my guesses based on historical trends and some current numbers. If your company/attorney are willing and if you think it might be quicker in EB2 by all means go for it. Just be aware of the calculated risks that you are taking.

sanjay_kapasi said:
Thanks "WhyThisDelay" for prompt reply. I was wondering if there is a processing time difference currently between RIR and NON-RIR cases at BEC and also I would like to know if EB-2 and EB-3 have different processing times too ? As I stated my priority date is May 2003 and it is NON RIR/EB-3 from Texas.