Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Got Approved finally!

Hi,
today HR informed me that my LC got approved. I have not seen the hardcopy yet. My info is as below:

PD:12/20/02
RD:11/03
45day letter: 12/30/04
RIR
CA
EB2

GC_From_NJ, mygc_007, all

We heard different opinions for when the people with EB3 with mid '03 PD will be able to file 485. 3-4 years OR 2-3 years..
Has someone done any analysis to extrapolate the numbers available in oct05 and the pending applications to create a "smart guess" time line?

Some one wants to take a guess when EB3 5/6/7 '03 folks would be able to file 485? please comment (this might give a "relief" or "more stress" :) )

GC_from_NJ said:
That would be the most ideal situation if EB3 does not retrogress anymore... moreover in Oct'05 when the visa quota re-opens it will be within weeks before it gets utilized. I would be as optimistic as you but looking at the current situation it would take another 2-3 years (realistically speaking) before it reaches your PD.

I hope I am wrong... :(

Ves,

My PD in July 2002 filed from CA still waiting!! 45 days letter was sent in first week of feb 2005.

ves said:
Is there anyone with PD in July 2002 still waiting to get approved?
Thx
Ves

Sorry

GC_from_NJ said:
I am sorry buddy but your information is wrong. Please check your sources before you put this information in the forum.

I have got this information from articles published on the immigration websites.

Under the immigration rule, the alien beneficiary "retains" the priority date once the labor certification is approved "and" I-140 petition is approved. Accordingly, unless the I-140 is revoked or the labor certification application is revoked, this specific alien retains the priority date established by the labor certification application.
The same alien thus retains the priority date even if the alien starts a new labor certification application with the same employer or another employer. The concept of priority date is thus "alien-based" and the specific alien carries with him or her the priority date.

The priority date is not only "alien-based" but also limited to a specific alien and cannot be transferred to another alien. Consequently, an alien who files I-140 petition as the substituting beneficiary of an approved labor certification application takes over the approved labor certification application but not priority date.

Accordingly, an alien who files I-140 petition as a substituting alien establishes his/her priority date at the time of filing of his/her I-140 petition and not on the date of filing of alien labor certification application by the employer on behalf of the original alien beneficiary who is substituted. The regulation specifically states that a priority date is not transferable to another alien.
I am 100% sure that i am correcr.I put the information in the forum, because i am more than 100% sure about it.

Thx Rdalls. Please post in this forum if you hear anything and I'll do the same.

rdalls said:
Ves,

My PD in July 2002 filed from CA still waiting!! 45 days letter was sent in first week of feb 2005.

I am in the same boat too..

Please join me in your club: Here are my details:

PD 01/28/03
RD 12/16/03
EB2/CA/RIR
45 day letter received and replied to in 02/05
6th year H1B expires in 04/07
Screen shot request - Never made it..

jaydsai said:
NIW applicant, our PD and states are the same. I tried to get screen shot from PBEC and DBEC twice on successive days. no reponse.

PD 01/29/03
RD 12/17/03
EB2/CA/RIR/Pediatrician
45 day letter received and replied to in 02/05
7th year H1B expires in 06/06
Screen shot request @ PBEC and DBEC times 2: no response :confused:

HI,

One of my co-workers got his approval letter. His labor was certified on 22nd June 2005 but when he requested the screenshot on 4th Aug. 2005 his status was "RIR" even though the case was certified in June. Something interested to think???

So now two out four (including me) my co-workers have received their approval within 3 days and I am waiting for my turn. All four cases were filed on same date, for same position.

What could be the reason?

thanks,

Does anybody have any idea about this?

How long does it take to get the case certified?
If the case status is in final review on August 23th?
I see few other people in the final review stage like me.
Does anybody have any idea about this? Please post.

Thanks,
Komal

Should not be more than 2 weeks

komalk said:
How long does it take to get the case certified?
If the case status is in final review on August 23th?
I see few other people in the final review stage like me.
Does anybody have any idea about this? Please post.

Thanks,
Komal

It should not take more than 2 weeks based on the pattern in the forums. Just hang in there and it should be thru by end of Sept 1st week.

Thanks again Nisra

nisra said:
It should not take more than 2 weeks based on the pattern in the forums. Just hang in there and it should be thru by end of Sept 1st week.

Thanks again Nisra.

Good News. Labor Certified

Guys,
I sent and email last night to both Dallas and Philly for the 7th year extension and my CASE status says CERTIFIED.

Haven't received any hard copy yet. Will let you know as soon as I get the hard copy in the mail.

Thanks,

Non-RIR/EB 3 Queue

My case has been filed with PD of May 2003 in NON-RIR/EB 3 (Texas SWA) Queue. My company lawyer told me that they have received a letter from Dallas BEC stating that they have my case. That's all. Does anyone know how long more it can take for my LC approval ?

I'm in my 5th year of H-1B. Should I apply for PERM now ? If I apply for PERM with different Job Title, will I lose my priority date ?

Thanks

Sanjay

I spoke to my lawyer recently for a substituted labor and he warned me of the same that I will be losing my PD... I am pretty sure about this. It is your call !!

justdoit said:
You are right. However, INS has been using the prior labor's PD as the substituted labor's PD. Ask Lawyers you have experience with substitution. (this was also posted on murthy.com - I do not remember the link)

SS - Well then good luck to you !! :rolleyes: Hope your source is correct !!

Guys/Gals - Please check with your employer/lawyer before anybody is apprehending the substituion path since losing your PD might jeopardize one's career plan. I have cross checked with my lawyer who is one of the top immigration lawyer in the east coast and he told me the same.

srignram said:
I am 100% sure that i am correcr.I put the information in the forum, because i am more than 100% sure about it.