Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

sleepless_in_IN said:
Icarus can you explain why some people are still getting 45DLs while other are not? Please look at these cases by case entry date - can you explain the randomneess in the case #'s ("D" vs "T") and issuance of 45DLs?

Case1: D-05108-59XXX RIR, PD May-2004, WI SWA, 45 DL: YES
Case2: T-05117-XXXXX RIR, PD May-2001, IN SWA case # still “T” 45DL: NO
Case3: D-05133-XXXXX, RIR, PD Jul-2001, IN SWA, 45 DL: NO
Case4: D-05137-XXXXX RIR, PD Aug-2001, IN SWA, 45 DL: NO
Case5: D-05144-37XXX, TR, PD Apr-2001, SF DOL, 45DL: YES
Case6: D-05144-XXXXX RIR, PD Apr-2004, IL SWA, 45 DL: YES
Case7: D-05146-42XXX, TR, PD Nov-2003, SF DOL, 45DL: YES
Case8: T-05147-XXXXX, RIR, PD Aug-2001, IN SWA, case # still “T” 45 DL: NO
Case9: D-05168-XXXXX, RIR, PD April 2002, IN SWA, 45DL: YES
Case10: D-05168-XXXXX RIR, PD Apr-2002, IN SWA, 45 DL: YES
Case11: D-05171-XXXXX RIR, PD April 2002, IN SWA, 45DL: YES
Case12: D-05171-XXXXX RIR, PD April 2002, IN SWA, 45DL: YES
Case13: D-05171-72XXX RIR, PD April 2002, IN SWA, 45DL: NO
Case14: T-05172-72XXX RIR, PD Jul-2002, IN SWA, case # still “T” 45DL - NO
Case15: D-05172-XXXXX RIR, PD Apr-2002, IN SWA, 45 DL: YES

Icarus can you give us some insight into what Dallas is planning on doing?

Once they are done entering cases partially how will they complete case case entry and issue 45DL?

1) Random?
2) FIFO by PD?

After partial entry of all the cases every case would have a PD associated with it - so why can't 45DLs be issued in FIFO order? Can you explain why FIFO can only be established after a 45DL reply is recieved?
FIFO is not established in data entry system until 45-day continuation response is received. Otherwise, cases from 20+ states would have to be manually organized by FIFO.

To Icarus

Hi ICarus,
You have been doing an excellent job in providing us with updates. I want to know if my case has already been processed and if so when will I see the hardcopy. Although I don't need the 6th year extension screen shot, I want to know your opinion if I need to send a request to either Dallas or Philly center to find out more about my case.

Here are details of my case

A Question

This is for one of my friend and the guy is totally stressed out, so any help would be helpfull..
My friend works for company X, and had filed for labor in Jan May 2004 through company X, in EB3 catagory. His 6 year term will be up in April 2006 and he was planning to file the 7th year h1 extension in November.
However, after getting news from some of his sources that, in September there would be massive lay offs in his company and he could be a victim, he scrambled and found another job. This new employer, let us say company Y, is in the process of applying for the H1 transfer. Company Y's attorney told my friend that this new h1b will be applied for the reminder of his original H1 time plus one year extension based on company X's labor application. This means the new H1 would be in status till April 2007. Company Y will be starting his Perm and most probably will be filing the PERM by Jan 2006. Now here comes the dilemma. Come april 2007, my friend would need another extension(8th year), if he hasn't got the Green card by then. Can he use the labor application FILED BY COMPANY Y, as the basis for the 8 year extension in 2007?
If some body could throw some light on this, it would be hugely appreciated..

-AMK
PS: My friend will not be able to do EB2, as he has only a BS and 2 years of experience.

yes. it can be used for extension as long as its not approved and used for any other person as substitute labor

Yes...

Yes and as u mentioned he has clear plan till April 2007 which is good. For 8th year ext do the following:

1. File PREM immediately with the new employer.
2. File I-140 once after getting the PERM LC approved (he may or may not file I-485 depending upon retrogression).
3. By April 2007 if he has filed I-485 then no problem he will get his EAD otherwise he can extend his H1 for 3 years if his 140 is approved or H1 for 1 year as it will be more than 365 days since he filed PERM LC.

one more helpful scenario is if his old LC (with company X) is still pending then also he can 8th year extension based on the old LC.

hope that helps....

- MD2001

AMKumar said:
This is for one of my friend and the guy is totally stressed out, so any help would be helpfull..
My friend works for company X, and had filed for labor in Jan May 2004 through company X, in EB3 catagory. His 6 year term will be up in April 2006 and he was planning to file the 7th year h1 extension in November.
However, after getting news from some of his sources that, in September there would be massive lay offs in his company and he could be a victim, he scrambled and found another job. This new employer, let us say company Y, is in the process of applying for the H1 transfer. Company Y's attorney told my friend that this new h1b will be applied for the reminder of his original H1 time plus one year extension based on company X's labor application. This means the new H1 would be in status till April 2007. Company Y will be starting his Perm and most probably will be filing the PERM by Jan 2006. Now here comes the dilemma. Come april 2007, my friend would need another extension(8th year), if he hasn't got the Green card by then. Can he use the labor application FILED BY COMPANY Y, as the basis for the 8 year extension in 2007?
If some body could throw some light on this, it would be hugely appreciated..

-AMK
PS: My friend will not be able to do EB2, as he has only a BS and 2 years of experience.

GCfrom Ohio - this has been discussed before - Icarus is here giving BEC updates - analyze on your own regarding your approval - don't ask me how - look at the older pages

GCFromOHIO said:
Hi ICarus,
You have been doing an excellent job in providing us with updates. I want to know if my case has already been processed and if so when will I see the hardcopy. Although I don't need the 6th year extension screen shot, I want to know your opinion if I need to send a request to either Dallas or Philly center to find out more about my case.

Here are details of my case

Last edited by a moderator:
PD: Nov 2001, Non-RIR
State: LA
Received 45 day letter from State DOL in July 2004. After that no news! My company changed the lawyer in 2004 and he filed a RIR case in Jan 2005. No news from either of the two cases. Any suggestion as to which one I should keep? The August 31 deadline for withdrawing multiple labor cert filings is for PERM cases only, right?

Thanks

GCFromOHIO said:
Hey Feroz,
Since you are suggesting me to look at older pages, if you can look at them and tell me when will I can get my hard copy it would be great!.

GCFromOHIO,

He was right that you could check previous discussions before asking your question or send PM to Icarus.

my guess

sleepless_in_IN said:
Once partial data entry is complete EVERY case has PD tied to it in a database (computerized) - so WHY would organization by FIFO have to be manual? :confused: Can anyone explain???

the main purpose of 45 day letter is to process only the cases that are still active and required. May be they were under the impression that lot of cases will be withdrawn and they can save some time in processing but turned out the other way. They are spending more time and money on 45 days letter. So my guess is till they receive a +ve reply for the 45 day letter they will not be processing the cases. This is just a guess.

gth999 said:
the main purpose of 45 day letter is to process only the cases that are still active and required. May be they were under the impression that lot of cases will be withdrawn and they can save some time in processing but turned out the other way. They are spending more time and money on 45 days letter. So my guess is till they receive a +ve reply for the 45 day letter they will not be processing the cases. This is just a guess.

Icarus,

Is there any data how many cases were withdrawn or closed due to not responding for 45 day letters ?

Hi Guys,
I already got my 7th year extension. And also I recieved 45 day Letter and replied on Apr 18th 2005. Is there any way, I could get my Screen Shot.

Thanks is Advance.
Sun_Spark

My reasons for information request

sfmars said:
GCFromOHIO,

He was right that you could check previous discussions before asking your question or send PM to Icarus.

Hi ,
The reasons why I was asking information from Icarus are as follows:
1. Recently the Queue was not going forward with same pace that it went last month.
2. I wanted to find out if Icarus has any more updates on the mailing room.
3. Some of the old cases are now being processed and according ot Icarus it might have effect on the movement of queue and since Oct is reaching fast, I want to make my own preparations if expert like Icarus suggests that, I might receive the hard copy approval next month.

Guys this information is not only useful to me but others also who are in my situation. I am sorry if I have been abusive.

sleepless_in_IN said:
Once partial data entry is complete EVERY case has PD tied to it in a database (computerized) - so WHY would organization by FIFO have to be manual? :confused: Can anyone explain???

Technically they assume that there are lots of "dead" cases among those "partially entered" ones and the policy is that the cases are not getting into the queue until the response is received. Chill out, there is no sense in questioning the policy, life is complicated enough.

sleepless_in_IN said:

sleeplees,

Here is one explanation - although to be clear I am just guessing.

You are right, they could try to complete entry of cases in order of PD since that has been established in the system.

However, that would also require that physical cases be filed in order of PD. If that were the case they could just go through them in order of PD.

If that was not the case then what would need to happen is that the data entry person would need to pull up the next case by PD, run to the filing area seek out the file come back to their desktop and enter the case. If you think they are not being efficient now, that is probably the most inefficient way of doing data entry.

So, how are physical cases being filed? I don't know. You would like to think it makes sense to do it by PD, but it would also make sense to do it by state, last name? So who knows.

To be clear I am not defending them, it is very clear that the process was not well thought out but once execution begins recovery is much more complicated.

I'll just say that my experience is in an industry that is highly paper intensive and we deal with volumes that would make us laugh when looking at 300,000 cases (in my case I cry more than laugh but that is another matter). Was there a better way, you bet I know of better ways. Have they gone so far down the wrong path that it is just now about saving what's possible, probably.

Icarus said:
FIFO is not established in data entry system until 45-day continuation response is received. Otherwise, cases from 20+ states would have to be manually organized by FIFO.
Thanks everybody for contributing whatever they know. This kind of volunteered team work does help us to understand the realities and make the best guess/decision possible. Appreciate everybody's help.
I have a quick question. Do we have RIR queue dates each statewise if at all there is a way to know it? I am interested particularly in State of Michigan dates for RIR queue. Any help is appreciated.

GCfrom Ohio,sorry if u took it the hard way but what u said now is not the same as what you said earlier(posted below):

"I want to know if my case has already been processed and if so when will I see the hardcopy."

GCFromOHIO said:
Hi ,
The reasons why I was asking information from Icarus are as follows:
1. Recently the Queue was not going forward with same pace that it went last month.
2. I wanted to find out if Icarus has any more updates on the mailing room.
3. Some of the old cases are now being processed and according ot Icarus it might have effect on the movement of queue and since Oct is reaching fast, I want to make my own preparations if expert like Icarus suggests that, I might receive the hard copy approval next month.

Guys this information is not only useful to me but others also who are in my situation. I am sorry if I have been abusive.