Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

immi_portal_200 said:
Thanks everybody for contributing whatever they know. This kind of volunteered team work does help us to understand the realities and make the best guess/decision possible. Appreciate everybody's help.
I have a quick question. Do we have RIR queue dates each statewise if at all there is a way to know it? I am interested particularly in State of Michigan dates for RIR queue. Any help is appreciated.

The dates aren't statewise, but "BECwise" :) When Icarus says that they are processing mid-march, it means that all cases with earlier priority dates and which made it to the processing queue either have already been or are being processed.

Members, watch out carefully please

This is my request to you all that if you guys want to dirt on others, the best way to do is thru PM. It may entertain you personally, but the comments made in such way won't help BEC experiences folks to get an idea about their pending file/case.

I have noticed recently that the question being asked and others are there in giving their personal opinion about what they feel about the laid question. If you are not the one to modify the answers, feel free to keep your fingers off the keyboard. If you have positive answers then join the question and answer it best possible way - NOT answering in different way. This behavior leads to an unhealthy environment and the chain gets bigger - which in result deem the nature of thread.

Being said that, If I happen to see any comments other than BEC related matter, I am forced to delete the post. Also, if it didn't get improve in a matter of time, no way you can ask me to restore your ID after removing the access.

I hope you all will give me hands on hand to battle this trend of unhealthy competition.

Thanks for your time and co-operation on above matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Case entry and 45-day letter

Just to add my 2 cents guesswork:

From an earlier post, it appears that SWA cases are also getting T/D #s and 45-day letters. Per Icarus DBEC is doing partial entry of cases. So it looks like ppl. are getting 45-day letters out of partial cases. Then depending upon the response, DBEC may/maynot do the full entry of cases. This will also ensure processing by PD to some extent, and save time from unneccessarily doing full data entry for ALL the cases.

JustWatching said:
sleeplees,

Here is one explanation - although to be clear I am just guessing.

You are right, they could try to complete entry of cases in order of PD since that has been established in the system.

However, that would also require that physical cases be filed in order of PD. If that were the case they could just go through them in order of PD.

If that was not the case then what would need to happen is that the data entry person would need to pull up the next case by PD, run to the filing area seek out the file come back to their desktop and enter the case. If you think they are not being efficient now, that is probably the most inefficient way of doing data entry.

So, how are physical cases being filed? I don't know. You would like to think it makes sense to do it by PD, but it would also make sense to do it by state, last name? So who knows.

To be clear I am not defending them, it is very clear that the process was not well thought out but once execution begins recovery is much more complicated.

I'll just say that my experience is in an industry that is highly paper intensive and we deal with volumes that would make us laugh when looking at 300,000 cases (in my case I cry more than laugh but that is another matter). Was there a better way, you bet I know of better ways. Have they gone so far down the wrong path that it is just now about saving what's possible, probably.

sleepless_in_IN said:
Once partial data entry is complete EVERY case has PD tied to it in a database (computerized) - so WHY would organization by FIFO have to be manual? :confused: Can anyone explain???
Specifically because the PBLS system prioritizes only by FIFO from the point the affirmative response to the 45-day letter has been received, not before.

sfmars said:
Icarus,

Is there any data how many cases were withdrawn or closed due to not responding for 45 day letters ?
Right now it's running about 8-10% instead of the 20-30% originally hypothecized by DOL prior to the contract with Exceed

Icarus said:
Specifically because the PBLS system prioritizes only by FIFO from the point the affirmative response to the 45-day letter has been received, not before.

Icarus,

Would you happen to have an idea of how many SWA cases are around for DBEC to resolve after they are done with resolving the regional guys? If you know the number, can you ballpark how many of those are EB2?

TIA.

JW

Could you please clarify this?

Icarus said:

Hi Icarus,

I just have a question regarding your post. Do you mean that 45 day letter generated in PBEC is not following FIFO, but the approval will be?

What if an PD 2003 got 45 day letter, let's say three months ago, but a PD 2002 hasn't got it until this Sept. Will the still PD 2002 get processed before the PD2003?

I appreciate your attention and am looking forward to hearing from you! Thanks!

melindwang said:
Hi Icarus,

I just have a question regarding your post. Do you mean that 45 day letter generated in PBEC is not following FIFO, but the approval will be?

What if an PD 2003 got 45 day letter, let's say three months ago, but a PD 2002 hasn't got it until this Sept. Will the still PD 2002 get processed before the PD2003?

I appreciate your attention and am looking forward to hearing from you! Thanks!

if an application with PD of 2003 received and returned a 45 day letter it's been placed into the processing queue, which is arranged by the PD. As soon as there are no pending cases in the processing queue with an earlier PD, this case will get processed. In the mean time there might and there will be some cases with earlier PD which didn't receive a 45 day letter, therefore, even if their PD is earlier than 2003, they aren't placed into the processing queue and aren't being processed. One might argue that such approach is unfair to the people with SWA-pending cases and cases from the states that delayed shipments to BECs, but still some progress in the processing is obvious and it's better than nothing.

Icarus,

Why are you not responding to my question. While it applies to me and also to many others. PD is july 2002 CA/RIR ,responded to 45 day letter Feb 2005, status is RIR. What can I make of it ?

Thanks

cmcindia said:
Icarus,

Why are you not responding to my question. While it applies to me and also to many others. PD is july 2002 CA/RIR ,responded to 45 day letter Feb 2005, status is RIR. What can I make of it ?

Thanks

What you can make of it is to wait. As it's been mentioned multiple times before, they might have issued a NOF for the case or asked your attorneys for additional information and are waiting for that info to come in. On the other hand ZanyBrainy's case was misplaced to the TR queue (if i got it correctly), and God knows what he and his attorney are doing to fix it. BEC is a big mess, that is getting better, just give it some time.

cmc, there must be a reason why Icarus dosen't respond to some questions - from what I have noticed,he answers to questions to what he feels he can/should..so don't get mad at him - he is here to help us and is entitled to answer what he wants.

cmcindia said:
Icarus,

Thanks

Gurus

Any guestimate on Jul'03 first week PD approval.(Ofcourse RIR,45 days letter replied on May'05).Thanks in advance.

PD organization

I do not understand why the FIFO could not be adhered to from day one. We all knew which states had the oldest cases, the DOL published this information. Then, when all cases were shipped to BEC's they were to be labelled with the state of origin, with details of dates to and from clearly marked etc etc.

This was clearly detailed in the mailing instructions which were public knowledge. Surely they could be placed in order as they arrived so a box could be taken as one was cleared according to PD order. The only manual sorting that would have been necessary is to make sure the boxes with the oldest cases were at the front of the storage area.

Am I missing something here?
My details
Indiana PD Nov 2002
Hoping and praying something happens quickly, have son turning 21 in December.

sleepless_in_IN said:
Ok that would explain it.

1. Does that mean cases will be "fully" entered (and 45DLs generated consequently) randomly? (That means Indiana 2001 cases are ROYALLY screwed.) :eek: Or does the PBLS system have "some"prioritization rule?

2. Why did some SWA cases get 45DLs even when entered AFTER (datewise) other SWA cases (per data on my earlier post)??? Any idea?? Any guesses?? Anyone??? :confused:

The cases are being entered in the order of opening the boxes shipped from SWAs. So if SWA screwed packing cases, the entering order might be chaotic at best. Also we do not now which boxes they are opening -- whether they open all boxes from one state, input all cases and then move to the boxes from another state, or if they open the boxes so randomly so that no one can tell which state and PD are getting keyed in at any particular moment. All in all, since they stopped sending out 45 day letters, it doesn't really matter for the applicants when their cases are getting into the system, cause those cases will not get into the processing queue until the letters are sent out and the replies are received.

srignram said:
Any guestimate on Jul'03 first week PD approval.(Ofcourse RIR,45 days letter replied on May'05).Thanks in advance.

My guess, you should hear something around Dec 05.

UG. said:
My guess, you should hear something around Dec 05.
On --Priority Q
1-May-2005 2-Jul-2002
3-Jun-2005 2-Aug-2002
10-Jun-2005 2-Sep-2002
25-Jun-2005 31-Oct-2002
28-Jun-2005 2-Nov-2002
4-Aug-2005 6-Feb-2003
20-Aug-2005 13-Mar-2003

These are the dates that I collected from replies from Icarus. Hope it helps all. Any interpretations !
Thanks
S

Thanks

psmurthy said:
On --Priority Q
1-May-2005 2-Jul-2002
3-Jun-2005 2-Aug-2002
10-Jun-2005 2-Sep-2002
25-Jun-2005 31-Oct-2002
28-Jun-2005 2-Nov-2002
4-Aug-2005 6-Feb-2003
20-Aug-2005 13-Mar-2003

These are the dates that I collected from replies from Icarus. Hope it helps all. Any interpretations !
Thanks
S
Thanks UG,PSMurthy.I difer from this calculation based on the fact that if DBEC start sending 45 days letters to the state cases(pathetic those people with old PD not yet recieved one) then 03/04/ RIR papers already on the queuewill loose their priority.

DataReview

One of my co-workers got his hard copy for approval on Friday.

My case was file with him exactly on same date, doe same position with same requirement.

Lawyer replied for my 45 Day letter on 24th Jan 2005 and for his 2nd Feb 2005, asp per the screenshot my case was still in “DataReview” status.

Please suggest what should I do? As per lawyer if they hadn’t received the response then they would have closed the case by now.

One of my co-workers got his hard copy for approval on Friday.

My case was file with him exactly on same date, for same position with same requirement, basically everything same.

Lawyer replied for my 45 Day letter on 24th Jan 2005 and for his 2nd Feb 2005, asp per the screenshot my case was still in “DataReview” status.

Please suggest what should I do? As per lawyer if they hadn’t received the response then they would have closed the case by now.

Icarus,

After sending the 45 Day letter when exactly they close the case in case if they don’t receive the response.

thanks,

Vsaxena,

Was there any difference between the pay of you too guys?

How much is "12. Rate of Pay" (Proffered wage) in ETA-750A for both of you?
Do you know Privilege wage for your job title"

There should not be more then 5% of difference between Privilege wage and proffered wage.

Hi Maveric,
I noticed that you got a screen shot 1 week apart. Did you send both requests to PBEC? I got a finla review status on 8-17-05 and am very tempted to resend a reuest.
Thanks
PD Jan 29, 03
EB2/RIR/CA
Maveric said:
My PD is 02/18/2003

final review 0n 08/10/05 --- it is certified as of 08/18/05

may be within a it got certified...... waiting for MAIL MAN now

Maverick
02/18/03
CERTIFIED as of 08/18/05