Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

ajoo said:
Hello all

I can not believe. My attorny just call me and told that He got approval letter for my labor. YEH, YEH. My labor is approved.

I dont know any other information. I will go to his office on Wed and post all the other information.

Thank you all. (even I.G & F.G)

Congrats

Is it a RIR/TR

Congrats!

:) :)

ajoo said:
Hello all

I can not believe. My attorny just call me and told that He got approval letter for my labor. YEH, YEH. My labor is approved.

I dont know any other information. I will go to his office on Wed and post all the other information.

Thank you all. (even I.G & F.G)

Could you please share you Job title and Job requirement on your labor?

thanks

Icarus Summary

1.RIR Q at JAN 2003
2.30 Analyst processing and 3CO's Certifying 1 Mail room Employee Mailing
3.Flood of Status Check emails have slowed down the process
4.Does not answer inquiries to Direct employees
5.Case Status Check
a) Certified - Certified waiting for Stamping and may be Enroute
b) RIR - 45 day reply recieved under Process
c)Data Review - 45 day reply not yet recieved
d) State - Case recievd from state
e) Regional -case recieved from RO office
f) Overridden - Check intially failed but manually overridden
6) Not sure how boxes are opened and data entered (fifo or lifo)
7) Analysis continues with same speed (old pd cases are getting in Q)
8) Q will be moving slower for while untill Abbrivated data entry completes
(another 8 to 12 months)
9) 15000 cases in RIR and analysis will fallow on FIFO

Correct me for any typo and mistakes and most of personnel Questions might have been answered here

Icarus - SWA RIR (never made to regional) cases

Thanks Icarus for your response and information. My question was specific to State cases which never made it to regional. We know that till now analysts were allocated to work on RIR queue, analyzing only the cases that made it to regional (on DOL's directive).

Is this going to change and will some analysts be assigned to start processing the State cases that never reached regional? IS there a plan to start doing this after the abbreviated data entry or will this start after full data entry. (Starting 2003 PD, state cases will easily outnumber the Regional cases)

As always all your comments/ info is much appreciated.

Icarus said:
As data entry is completed (although expected to continue for another 8-12 months) Data Entry staff will be moved into analysis to provide additional RIR and TR analysis. The queue will be moving slower for awhile until the Abbreviated Data Entry is completed and the Data Entry analysts go back and start generating 45-day letters and processing the responses. Currently, there are about 15400 cases in the RIR queue alone, so RIR analysis will continue on them by FIFO in the meantime.

Cannot agree more.

Guys.

Please note what puhrince is saying here. It is not good to ask personal favors from Icarus (I'd imagine Icarus being asked this personal favor from 200k cases in DBEC). He is helping us with invaluable information just out of spirit of helping us people who have no clue what's going on in DBEC. He does NOT HAVE to do this.

We can easily calculate the amount of time required for our application, from the general information that Icarus is giving. So please be considerate of Icarus, and spare him from personal questions.

puhrince said:
guys - stop asking Icarus for personal case information..he is here to throw light on processing times and bottlenecks..he is not going to personally take upon all your individual cases and analyze it..we are here to do the same.

Kanjoos,since Icarus says the queue is hovering around mid-jan 03 now, your case should be in for review now i guess..so lets say Sep - beginning of Oct for your approval eh? hoping to see Dec 02 approvals(in the postal mailbox!) for Chicago cases this month

Wow,

I joined the forums after Icarus left so couldnt understand why ppl really missed him. Not anymore.

Some questions ( should address many ppl's concerns ):

1. There are few ppl whoes PD is in 2002 and havent received their 45 day letter. When could they expect and why havent they got when ppl with PD of 05 are also seeing the letter?

2. Recently few cases showed which got approved but they didnt receive the 45 day letter. Is that a mistake or could the BEC be processing cases that made it to regional without sending 45 day letter.

Thanks

Office holidays

Wondering if DBEC will be closing for any annual holidays in September/October like they have for the USCIS?

volleyball said:
Wow,

I joined the forums after Icarus left so couldnt understand why ppl really missed him. Not anymore.

1. There are few ppl whoes PD is in 2002 and havent received their 45 day letter. When could they expect and why havent they got when ppl with PD of 05 are also seeing the letter?

2. Recently few cases showed which got approved but they didnt receive the 45 day letter. Is that a mistake or could the BEC be processing cases that made it to regional without sending 45 day letter.

Thanks

voleyball,

Could you tell us your five digits of your case number ?
Are you sure that your case resides in Dallas BEC ?

Approvals without 45 day letter

volleyball said:
Wow,

Yes everyone thanks Icarus sincerely because Icarus gives us so much precious inside info when we are all struggling in the dark and frustrated without a clue of what is happening to our LC applications even after 4 or 5 years of filing.

This merely depends on which box the application is packed in and which box gets picked for data entry. Boxes are not opened in any particular oder of PD or type of application

It is possible were some cases were in the final stages of approval or actually approved but was waiting only for Stamping and signatures when they stopped work at Regional Offices and started packing and shipping files to BPC. Probably those cases are now stamped and mailed without the 45 day letter.
Thanks

sfmars said:
voleyball,

Could you tell us your five digits of your case number ?
Are you sure that your case resides in Dallas BEC ?

Now thats a tricky question. I dont know what you mean by five digit case number. My case details are in my signature. I dont know if it went to dallas or philly but my guess is it must have gone to dallas based on cases in similar situation as mine. I didnt get any letter from anyone so far, no 45 day letter nor any intermediate letter. I think i can find out my original case number if that is what you are asking for. I did check that my case went to regional office (SFO).

sleepless_in_IN said:
This is Incorrect.

Several of us have screen shots that show:
Case Status = Data Review
Correction Letter generated = blank field (no date)
Case numbers start with "D" but NO 45DL.

At least two people have verified that correction letter = 45 day letter. Hence it cannot mean that they are waiting for 45 DL reply as 45 DL has not EVEN been generated per the screen shot.

Icarus can you PLEASE give us your input on this one???

We received the 45DL in Jan05 and replied on 25th Jan. Still my case status is “Data Review”

In the data review section of screen shot “Date Submitted” is 5/20/05 and “correction letter generated” is blank.

So it means that they did something on my case on “5/20/05”.

IF “data review” mean that they haven’t received the response to 45DL letter then I should have received the “case closing” letter. I have confirmed with my lawyer and they haven’t received anything about my case yet.

My lawyer is pretty sure that my case is at the analyst desk and waiting to be worked on by the analyst.

according to my lawyer:

If the BPC hadn't received the 45-day notice, they'd have cancelled the case and send us a notice about that action. We've been told that the BPCs are so behind that the on-line status cannot be trusted.

any comments??

Last edited by a moderator:
volleyball said:
Now thats a tricky question. I dont know what you mean by five digit case number. My case details are in my signature. I dont know if it went to dallas or philly but my guess is it must have gone to dallas based on cases in similar situation as mine. I didnt get any letter from anyone so far, no 45 day letter nor any intermediate letter. I think i can find out my original case number if that is what you are asking for. I did check that my case went to regional office (SFO).

If I were you I would not look at the similar cases., I would ask your attorney to inquire SFO DOL about status of your case. If you do not pay attorney yourself you may have to ask your HR to ask attorney about this small favour.

Having got positive confirmation from SFO DOL that your case moved to the specific BEC Dallas or Philly you could start to make further steps in the right direction.

You may have good chances that your case still resides in SFO DOL and will be cleared there without 45 day letters.

vsaxena said:
We received the 45DL in Jan05 and replied on 25th Jan. Still my case status is “Data Review”

In the data review section of screen shot “Date Submitted” is 5/20/05 and “correction letter generated” is blank.

So it means that they did something on my case on “5/20/05”.

IF “data review” mean that they haven’t received the response to 45DL letter then I should have received the “case closing” letter. I have confirmed with my lawyer and they haven’t received anything about my case yet.

My lawyer is pretty sure that my case is at the analyst desk and waiting to be worked on by the analyst.

according to my lawyer:

If the BPC hadn't received the 45-day notice, they'd have cancelled the case and send us a notice about that action. We've been told that the BPCs are so behind that the on-line status cannot be trusted.

any comments??

I foresee 2 things under this cirmsstances

Case Status= Data Review

1) 45 day letter generated and Reply recieved but not re-entered in PBLS system to chane status to RIR/TR
2) 45 day letter not yet generated but case has been allready data entered (old cases before they started abbrivated entry procedure)

sleepless_in_IN said:
This is Incorrect.

Several of us have screen shots that show:
Correction Letter generated = blank field (no date)
Case numbers start with "D" but NO 45DL.

At least two people have verified that correction letter = 45 day letter. Hence it cannot mean that they are waiting for 45 DL reply as 45 DL has not EVEN been generated per the screen shot.

Icarus can you PLEASE give us your input on this one???

This must be computer generated abbrivation before the case is at verification stage.

If you remember earlier they said when Box is opened they assigned the Case NO. when data is fully entered and later generated a 45 DAY letter.
But they stopped mean time and started entering data in abbrivated form and will go back and enter data fully and generate 45 day letter.

These cases must have been allready entered data but for various reasons they didnt not generate 45 day letter, or they have recieved the reply and are yet to re-enter the data . May the case will show untill this process completes as Data Review.

The next process computer generates is RIR/TR once the reply is re-entered for 45 day letter reply

These are my views and not said by Icarus

dolly09 said:
thanks ...can u provide me some link where i cud read somethng abt this on web if possible...

thanks once again

Hi GP11 -
If possible, can you please post further information requested by dolly09? I am also in similar situation (Labor pending more than a year, H1B expiring in Oct'05 & 6th year completing in Jan'06) BUT, i have just 3 months gap before my 6th year completion. As per you, do i get just "3 months" extension or "1 year + 3 months" ?

Thanks in advance
Rambob

Inputs from Icarus appreciated

Icarus - kindly enlighten

I have a few questions - maybe trivial for some but if someone can help me understand the process better, I'd appreciate it. 3rd/4th question onwards, I'd imagine Icarus is the best bet to provide accurate pointers/answers

Case entry details - if we get the 45 day letter doesn't it mean that the case has been entered? Isin't a case number (D-04xxx.xx..) assigned once the case is entered? Like vsaxena pointed out - what does last activity on 5/20 mean - I'd guess it means that as part of the processing queue, that case was pulled up to be worked upon! Is that correct?

Once the 45 day letter is responded to - how many people are assigned to inputting those in the system as "received reply"? I assume the FIFO queue changes once that information is fed in to account for an earlier PD if the 45D letter response is from an earlier PD?!

mnhrdc said:

This must be computer generated abbrivation before the case is at verification stage.

If you remember earlier they said when Box is opened they assigned the Case NO. when data is fully entered and later generated a 45 DAY letter.
But they stopped mean time and started entering data in abbrivated form and will go back and enter data fully and generate 45 day letter.

These cases must have been allready entered data but for various reasons they didnt not generate 45 day letter, or they have recieved the reply and are yet to re-enter the data . May the case will show untill this process completes as Data Review.

The next process computer generates is RIR/TR once the reply is re-entered for 45 day letter reply

These are my views and not said by Icarus
What does date in the data review section of screen shot “Date Submitted” stand for?

In my case it is "5/20/05" and we replied back on 25th Jan 2005. So almost after 4 months they did something on my case. I would assume that at that point of time they must have the information that they have received the reply for 45DL otherwise they should have issued a notice of closing.

Everything is dark with BEC.

????????????????????

Per Icarus Dallas BEC is currently processing RIR cases with PD of Jan 2003

BUT how come the people with PD of June/July/Aug/Sep 2002 have either the “Data Review” or “RIR/TR” status? They should have the status as either “Final review” or “Certified/Denied”.

I guess Icarus is the only one who can provide some information.

Project Arkansas

Hello,

If Icarus is saying that now, RIR is in mid jan 03, then am I not supposed to hear from BEC yet? I applied back in 10/12/2002.

I am confused. :confused: :confused: :confused:

B-

My attorney recvd my labor approval by mail today. I recvd the screenshot which said certified around Jul 13 2005.
PD Dec 2 2002/RIR/EB3/MI