Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

DOL Screenshot Shows Employer Existence Failed!

DOL Screenshot Shows Employer Existence Failed!

A problem has arisen with the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) computer screen shots, made available to prove that a labor certification is pending at a Backlog Processing Center. These screen shots are available to persons seeking extensions of the H1B status beyond the six-year limit, based on the filing date of a pending labor certification. Sometimes these much-needed screen shots contain an annotation, however, that the sponsoring employer has failed the existence check. The existence check is a verification of the actual existence of the sponsoring employer, performed by the DOL as part of the review of a pending labor certification case. The failed existence check information appears on cases where the employer in fact does exist. Many people are concerned, since these records have to be sent to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in support of the H1B extension requests.

The DOL has indicated that the annotation is there because, at some point between initially entering the data and issuing a 45-day letter, the DOL confirmed that the employer existed without directly contacting the employer. This is an error in the system. Since the DOL's case processing is not impacted by this error, they have not spent time correcting it. The DOL has stated that this entry should not cause a denial of the case. Further, the DOL is contacting the USCIS regarding this matter in an effort to ensure that the USCIS does not deny a case or issue a Request for Evidence (RFE) as a result of the annotation on the screen shot. Hopefully, this will resolve the problem and not create more confusion, delay, and unnecessary RFEs or improper case denials

From MurthyBulletin : VOL. XI, no. 29; Jul 2005, week 4

Hi all,

I just called philly BEC. Finally, I got someone to talk on the phone. The conversation was short. The lady told me that we should wait for 90 days on that due date printed on 45 days letter before we check the status again. Tried to ask her to check on my case status and she said the computer system is down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been looking at the some of the postings on this forum lately and it makes me wonder if there is even a moderator here at all. These forums have been so very helpful for so many of us here. And there are always going to be people who will mess things up for others. And this is one of the main reasons for having a moderator on the forums. I blame the moderator of this forum for not cleaning up the crap being posted here. Moderators, please wake up and take action.

There is one more thing I forgot to mention on my previous post. The lady said that after we have replied the 45 days letter-continuation letter, the case will be sent for reviewing to decide whether approval or denial. That's how it works according to her.

I missed your point here. Can you please elaborate what does it mean if the data pertinent to a case is found in the Database... ??

Thanks much

nov_2002 said:
Why dont you check the FLC Database to see if your case has made it to the BEC, all you would need is your employer name, ur company contact name and rest you can compare and see if it is your case since there will be details like salaray, job code (if you know what they applied with) date application submitted etc .....
go to http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx and download the data files, check it out ---- Good Luck
Atleast you can do this without your employer or Lawyer's help.

Hope it helps

VAGCwaiting said:
There is one more thing I forgot to mention on my previous post. The lady said that after we have replied the 45 days letter-continuation letter, the case will be sent for reviewing to decide whether approval or denial. That's how it works according to her.

Hey VAGCwaiting,
I guess you were sleeping all these months and just woke up. Man this the same old shit crap that we have been hearing from these assholes for months.

Please help gp111

gp111,
Do you have any idea regarding the logic behind mailing of the approval letters at Dallas BEC? Some people have received their approval letters 2-3 months after their cases getting approved while others have received it in 10-12 days.

Are they going backwards like mnhrdc surmised?

Thanks.

dsugandhi said:
Zany , mnhrdc,

Have you guys requested 7th year proof screenshot?
What's your case status on it?

Thanks,
my case status shows rir. pd is 4/7/2002 Case received date 10/4/04.

RAYDHAN said:
gp111,
Do you have any idea regarding the logic behind mailing of the approval letters at Dallas BEC? Some people have received their approval letters 2-3 months after their cases getting approved while others have received it in 10-12 days.

Thanks.

These people are like monkeys. Can you expect any orderly behavior from Monkeys? Its same as monkeys jumping from one tree to another.

RAYDHAN said:
gp111,

Thanks.

Atleast this his how in most of the Mail room works in this country
Confirmed by my HR when requested for update
The oldest one lies in the bottom and the latest top one gets mailed same day Untill the pile gets shortened.:) Imagine first 10k recieved needs to be mailed (Can they do it same day)

Check with your Mail room operations :) :)

whatheheck,

I just thought I would share the information I got. FYI, I am not sleeping. Please be nice. We are here for sharing information. If you do not like my posting. You can ignore it! Everyone here is eagle to know what happen to the BEC. I understand now why ICARUS has disappeared forever! :mad:

whatheheck said:
Hey VAGCwaiting,
I guess you were sleeping all these months and just woke up. Man this the same old shit crap that we have been hearing from these assholes for months.

VAGCwaiting said:
whatheheck,

I just thought I would share the information I got. FYI, I am not sleeping. Please be nice. We are here for sharing information. If you do not like my posting. You can ignore it! Everyone here is eagle to know what happen to the BEC. I understand now why ICARUS has disappeared forever! :mad:

I am sorry if discouraged you. But your update is something like someone wishing "Happy new year 2004". By the way do you really think that you provided some useful information to this community?

Note: I personally don't care whether ICARUS appears or disappears.

Yes, I believe this information is a very useful information, some of us may not know when to check the case status after they have received the 45 days letter. May be you find this information is not useful. But this is all I know and I wish to tell those that would want this information. I hope we can stop here. I don't want to go any further on unuseful posts.

whatheheck said:
I am sorry if discouraged you. But your update is something like someone wishing "Happy new year 2004". By the way do you really think that you provided some useful information to this community?

Note: I personally don't care whether ICARUS appears or disappears.

Dallas BEC number

Can someone provide Dallas BEC number? I have to try to find it through pages of posting already and was not able to find it out.
Thanks.

calabor2001 said:
I missed your point here. Can you please elaborate what does it mean if the data pertinent to a case is found in the Database... ??

Thanks much
It means that your case has made it to the BEC, thats all it signifies.

Onlyhope,

Infor previously posted by MDwatch.

Dallas
U.S. Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
700 North Pearl St., Suite 400N
Dallas, Texas 75201
Phone: (214) 237-9111
Fax: (214) 237-9135

onlyhope said:
Can someone provide Dallas BEC number? I have to try to find it through pages of posting already and was not able to find it out.
Thanks.

onlyhope said:
Thanks.

Here is Dallas BPC contact information:

Phone 214-237-9111 (most probably you will get AVM)
Status Check email status@dal.dflc.us (most probably you will get Auto response with no status information)
7th year extension h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us (most probably you will get screenshot which has Case Status)

7th Year Extension

csrini1 said:
my case status shows rir. pd is 4/7/2002 Case received date 10/4/04.

Could you please tell me what information is needed to get the screenshot? Also, what is the email address that we should send it to?

Did you guys send the email for 7 yr ext from your id or employer's email id? I am asking this because i have been told that only lawyers and employers can make this request.

I sent sent an email using my id on 07/18 but have not received any reply. Any suggestions...

Thanks...

Detailed Recruitment document

I am a silent observer of this post for a long time. I want to know if anybody has been asked for “detailed recruitment” after you have responded to 45 day letter. I am wondering how much time does it take after you have responded back to DOL with “detailed recruitment” document.

Following is my info
Category: EB2
PD: AUG-2002
RD: JULY-2003
45 Day letter responded: FEB-2005
“detailed recruitment” responded: JUNE-2005