Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Thanks very much for the info. Since someone from Philly tried and got a lady on the phone, I will try my luck too.
Already sent the request for 7th year, no screenshot for a week.

dsugandhi said:
Here is Dallas BPC contact information:

Phone 214-237-9111 (most probably you will get AVM)
Status Check email status@dal.dflc.us (most probably you will get Auto response with no status information)
7th year extension h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us (most probably you will get screenshot which has Case Status)

gp111 said:
True Concurrent is WHEN you file I-140 & 485 at the same time (Mentioning in I-140 & I-485 that you are applying both togather) and send those papers to USCIS in one package.

Semi Concurrent is WHEN you file I-140 first, wait for the receipt & mail I-485 later with the copy of I-140 receipt (before I-140 approval).

Non Concurrent is WHEN you file I-485 after approval of I-140.

Hello gp111,

Can you please explain me Is there any diffrernce regarding processing timings and procedures in True Concurrent Vs. Semi Concurrent. I am asking this questions becasue my Law firm told me, even though I am missing my 7th year extension Receipt/Appproval Notice (I do not have even case #), they can file Semi Concurrent and bases Receipt notice of I-140 they can file for I-485. I told them I need "True Concurrent". I hope there would be some dealy in "Semi Concurrent", correct me if I am wrong.

skapa said:
Hello gp111,

Can you please explain me Is there any diffrernce regarding processing timings and procedures in True Concurrent Vs. Semi Concurrent. I am asking this questions becasue my Law firm told me, even though I am missing my 7th year extension Receipt/Appproval Notice (I do not have even case #), they can file Semi Concurrent and bases Receipt notice of I-140 they can file for I-485. I told them I need "True Concurrent". I hope there would be some dealy in "Semi Concurrent", correct me if I am wrong.

Processing timings are not much different in both cases.

Why do you need 7th year extension receipt in any case I don't understand.

I combed USCIS website today. apparently you cannot efile for 485.
so now if one choses to efile for the rest, how does one file "concurrent". Or is it true that one cannot efile if one choses to go concurrent ?

also what are the major roadblocks in the rest of the process ? It seems name check and figner print are big headaches. what about the rest?

gp111 said:
Processing timings are not much different in both cases.

Why do you need 7th year extension receipt in any case I don't understand.

qwerty1111 said:
so one day we will get our Labour Certs
and one day we will be able to dream again then we will go to the following site https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=California
question for that day :
we have like a zillion categories each for I140, I485, EAD and AP
now which ones are relevant for EB3 and EB2 ? Can someone pt it out to me ?
GP / anyone ?

I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker

Extraordinary ability = EB1
Outstanding professor or researcher = EB1
Multinational executive or manager = EB1

Advanced degree or exceptional ability = EB2
Advanced degree or exceptional ability requesting a National Interest Waiver = EB2 NIW

Schedule A Nurses = EB 3 Schedule A
Alien Worker Skilled worker or professional = EB3
Alien Worker Unskilled worker = EB3 Other workers

qwerty1111 said:
I combed USCIS website today. apparently you cannot efile for 485. so now if one choses to efile for the rest, how does one file "concurrent". Or is it true that one cannot efile if one choses to go concurrent ?
also what are the major roadblocks in the rest of the process ? It seems name check and figner print are big headaches. what about the rest?

You can efile I-140 and submit the supporting I-140 documents with I-485 .. This is concurrent filing in that case. You can always file EAD & AP seperate (efile or normal)..

FP is not a road block.

Ability to Pay, Education / Experience qualification and Name Check (FBI Security Check) are the issues which may take long time.

All,

Please don't use foul language in the forum.

If we get complain from any member regarding any post, we are going to take prompt action. Please note that we can not only disable your membership but also permanently block your IP address. You will never be able to come back.

We are here to share knowledge and let’s just focus on that.

usnycus

skapa said:
Hello gp111,

Hi Gp111,

Why do not you want to create separate your thread where you could discuss I140/I485 issues with other guys who are interested to get answer from you.

The name of this thread is "Backlog Elimination Center Tracking" it is not appropriate to discuss I140/I485 problems on this thread.

I always read your messages when they are related to the BEC, but it becomes tradition to discuss further steps here. I believe that some people can be bored and confused reading all of this.

How long will be the whole process

I understand that we all are just waiting for our LCs and would like to celebrate each small step with a jubilation but looking at the whole picture, how long is it going to be? I am talking particularly people with EB3. We cannot even make any long term plans.

Even if some of us will get the LC in next few months and apply for 140 (which will be another 6-8 months for approval) the next steps seems so bleak. In Oct 05 some visas will be released and the current priority date will be moved from Jun 02 to may be oct - nov 02 and then visas will be over. Again wait till Oct 06 for the next quota hoping that this time the GC process will show some compassion and get in the 485 zone.
Damn, this is so painful.

activex111 said:
I understand that we all are just waiting for our LCs and would like to celebrate each small step with a jubilation but looking at the whole picture, how long is it going to be? I am talking particularly people with EB3. We cannot even make any long term plans.

Even if some of us will get the LC in next few months and apply for 140 (which will be another 6-8 months for approval) the next steps seems so bleak. In Oct 05 some visas will be released and the current priority date will be moved from Jun 02 to may be oct - nov 02 and then visas will be over. Again wait till Oct 06 for the next quota hoping that this time the GC process will show some compassion and get in the 485 zone.
Damn, this is so painful.

Is there any way out with just 40K Employment based Visas for all 100K(other than skilled worker) per year.
You can do the Math unless they recapture some old visas like they did earlier.

sfmars said:
Hi Gp111,

Why do not you want to create separate your thread where you could discuss I140/I485 issues with other guys who are interested to get answer from you.

The name of this thread is "Backlog Elimination Center Tracking" it is not appropriate to discuss I140/I485 problems on this thread.

I always read your messages when they are related to the BEC, but it becomes tradition to discuss further steps here. I believe that some people can be bored and confused reading all of this.

Nothing wrong in knowing earlier if you are thinking positively. Unfortunately this is the only thread you get answers to all your quires. If i am correct you can sample out in any thread you dont get answered for ever.

To provemyself right i answered your quiry.

Latest news for BEC thread is that approvals are arriving in LIFO order
SWA have started to see some 45DAY letter.
ICARUS has stopped visting this thread Not sure what GP does now.
Happy reading or Skipp REading :) and Move ON

Some ray of light !

Guys !

Wanted to share some news. I know 1 guy who is an ERP consultant, his lalor got approved last Friday. His PD was some time in Mar - May 2003, he did not know exaclty. Case went to Dallas, no more details avlbl.. other than CA, EB3, RIR.

Thought I would share this and show some hope for people close to this PD.

Regards

My current H1B expires on 1st October 2005, regretfully CIS were not up to speed with the Yates memo when I renewed my H1B in March 05 and in error only gave me 6 months instead of the Yates 12 months. When CIS requested evidence of my ETA750 application in February 05 my lawyer forwarded my 45 day letter (which had arrived in Feb 2005). CIS acknowledged the error but would not extend that notice and told me to reapply in July 05.

I filed my H1B application on 1st July 2005 (90 days from current expiration), I was surprized yet delighted to receive a notice of receipt dated 11th July 2005 from CIS in Laguna Niguel California. In particular considering the 4th July weekend holiday. Though it cost my employer another filing fee.

In anticipation of CIS requesting evidence of pending LC, and recognising I'd used my 45 day letter for the previous H1B application, and with my current H1B expiring in October, I considered myself a genuine user of the Dallas BEC 7th year email.

Rather than email myself I felt the request for evidence would be better to come from my employer, so I called in favours with HR and had the VP herself make the request, and she included a scan of my current I-129 H1B approval notice to establish that the need was genuine due to expiry date.

The purpose of this long winded post is to confirm that my VP of HR emailed at 5pm (pst) Tuesday, so it was likely after the Dallas office had closed. She received a response in the form of a screen shot of my case at 3.30pm (pst) this afternoon (Friday).

My pd is 25 Nov 02, so I was slightly disappointed to read "case status - data review" but the optimist feels satisfied that we are still in progress, and according to the tracker there are only a few people with certified after my pd date and plenty older than me who deserve to hear sooner than I.

I found the screen shot quite interesting, some points being;
In 2002 my salary was 17% higher than the prevailing
My case was received in Dallas on 15 Nov 04, but my 45 day letter wasn't issued till 11 Feb 05.
the Existance check is listed as "failed" but nothing new there based on previous posts to the message boad, My employer trades under a "dba" and the existance issue was noted on the 45 day letter, my employer's response included the last 2 years corporation tax returns plus rent invoice and a utility bill to confirm the company exists.
The screen shot only shows 3 lines of the data review section, based on the scroll bar I'd estimate that the screen shot only shows a third of the data.

for those who are interested, "foreign labor certification - administration version 1.0" is a microsoft web based application. I do not feel it appropriate to type the url address here, being a gov site etc...... There are tabs for home, case preparation, incoming mail, search, corresponence and reports. the screen shot is from the search tab and is in summary detail though I can also see an "event Log" button.

I am taking some solace that this screen shot is a response of sort, Nov 2002 was a long time ago, yet apart from exercising patience there is little else we can do.

I did fear that the 7th year email might have been closed due to abuse, either with pd dates (2003/04) that are no where near close to being reviewed, or even by people who have long periods existing on their current H1Bs. I would appeal to people not to be tempted to abuse this facility, it's there for a reason and a genuine need, when CIS ask for evidence of 7th year H1Bs.

so good luck to all.

ETA # D-04320-01***

PD - 25 Nov 2002

RD - 21 Nov 2003

Occupation- 11-3031 Financial Manager

SWA - California

45-day letter - 11 Feb 2005

45-day letter response - 23 Feb 2005

EB3 / RIR

GCHell said:
Guys !

Wanted to share some news. I know 1 guy who is an ERP consultant, his lalor got approved last Friday. His PD was some time in Mar - May 2003, he did not know exaclty. Case went to Dallas, no more details avlbl.. other than CA, EB3, RIR.

Thought I would share this and show some hope for people close to this PD.

Regards

---------
Really good news ...What is his exact PD Date?

Pegasus503 said:
for those who are interested, "foreign labor certification - administration version 1.0" is a microsoft web based application. I do not feel it appropriate to type the url address here, being a gov site etc......

I felt that it was completely appropreate. It asks for logname and password. So, it is accessable from the Internet and one can make a good business selling status information.

(just kidding :) )

Actually ETA could set up a web site to charge aliens say $10 for status report. They could use these money to speed up a process or have a good vacation at Hawaii. Though that would slow down the process. Hmmmm.... I should think about that. I can offer them help in setting such site up.

Last edited by a moderator:
sfmars said:
Hi Gp111,

Alrighty.. If thats what you want.

whatheheck said:
These people are like monkeys. Can you expect any orderly behavior from Monkeys? Its same as monkeys jumping from one tree to another.

This is one of the most realistic comments i have seen in the recent days.

gp111,don't act as if ur resigned to fate - but he is right - please stop answering all non-BEC queries out here --> there are seperate threads/forums for this - just direct the people (who ask you) to it by giving them the link in a PM,not as a post - thanks for your understanding and good work, u really dont have to create a seperate thread for it.
and for others - come on guys,don't be so lazy - browse the forums yourself and you can find the appropriate link/answer for ur questions - its all there

gp111 said:
Alrighty.. If thats what you want.