Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

ZB you might be true. But pls. tell me why USCIS will do this?
Instead of a PR informing that 'visa will be unavailable starting from July', USCIS could have tell ''visa will be unavailable starting from June'.
What is a big deal that would be for them?

Why they need to adopt a 'C' theory. USCIS says and does whatever it likes. Just need a extra Press Release!
I am pretty sure (and hope and pray as well) that you will be getting your approval in few days.

Zany_Brainy said:
I think around 20th of May 2005 USCIS realized that they do not have enough Visa numbers to fulfil the needs of all April/May people who would be approved by the Dallas BEC before July 1st Came around. So they asked the DOL to put in a simple filter of (Process cases > June 1 2002) into their software. This would immediately
1) Stop Mailing of all older cases
2) Stop Approval of already analyzed older cases
3) Stop Analysis of not yet analyzed older cases

As everything moves by PD using a filter in the PD query would effectively stop all processing steps on cases filed before june 1 2002.

I am not saying that if they did so, they did anything wrong. What is the point anyway, if they gave the labor certs and people would be waiting for years to get their 485. It is better that when you apply for GC processing (I140/485) you know that you are going to be through in 6 months.

Anyway, this may be a wild guess.... but you know what, who knows?

ICARUS.. What do you think?

7th year ext

Looking at some of the posts, I though it is better to ask. My company recently filed for my 7th year extention. As proof of more than 1yr labor, they submitted labor application (filed in AUG 2002), BEC 45 day letter and my employer's response to continue.

Should they have sent an email to h1b7**@dallas BEC and got some other verification? Or what they submitted is enough?

Any one can answer please?

my case

ACS_78 said:
Looking at some of the posts, I though it is better to ask. My company recently filed for my 7th year extention. As proof of more than 1yr labor, they submitted labor application (filed in AUG 2002), BEC 45 day letter and my employer's response to continue.

Should they have sent an email to h1b7**@dallas BEC and got some other verification? Or what they submitted is enough?

Any one can answer please?

ACS_78,
My 7th year extension is in process of being filed by attorney. Per attorney, the 45-day letter they recd on my behalf was sufficient proof of my case pending more then a Year. Also, he mentioned that a copy of LC filled would suffice in case a 45 day letter is not recd.

GCCovet said:
ACS_78,
My 7th year extension is in process of being filed by attorney. Per attorney, the 45-day letter they recd on my behalf was sufficient proof of my case pending more then a Year. Also, he mentioned that a copy of LC filled would suffice in case a 45 day letter is not recd.

GCCovet,
Thanks a lot. Makes me feel better now :)

ACS_78 said:
GCCovet,
Thanks a lot. Makes me feel better now :)

I know this question is not meant here, but since the topic is raised, can you guys doing 7th year extension tell me, if the fees of seventh year extension the same as regular H1B filling , some 2000$ approx.

if yes, this will be required every year now ? for seventh, eight etc etc

TechGuy said:
:)

This is my prayer to thee my Lord...

All I wanted was a GC
It seems it is not that easy

350K labors in BEC for sure
I see few approvals, is that a real cure?

With FIFO queue, RIR queue and CO queue
I am confused without any clue

45 day letter is a mystery
People who received it still waiting that is a history

Visa retrogation added to this list
Latest is "unavailability", that is one more test

All I wanted was a GC
It seems it is not that easy

-- TechGuy

A very good one...very funny....

If it's the USCIS' intention, why not DBEC just sit there, sending out not a single approval at all, rather than sending out some Aug2002 approvals, thus incuring the suspision of the C theory? DBEC is already ahead of the schedule published in last release, which said no material adjudication should be expected before the end of summer. There seems no apparent reason for them to rush to send out Aug2002 case, except that they just send out what they have done, but their process doens't strictly follow FIFO.

Inaction and delay tactics have little political consequences and are more likely to be adopted by govt agency, if there is really a conspirary here.

s_chicago said:
Instead of a PR informing that 'visa will be unavailable starting from July', USCIS could have tell ''visa will be unavailable starting from June'.

Why they need to adopt a 'C' theory. USCIS says and does whatever it likes. Just need a extra Press Release!
I am pretty sure (and hope and pray as well) that you will be getting your approval in few days.

Waiting for 45-day letter....

My LC case is RIR Texas with PD Feb 20, 2004. I haven't got the 45-day letter yet. Are there any folks who got the letter with PD around that date.

2 More approvals from Dallas BEC

My company received 2 approvals from Dallas BEC this week

PD: Aug 2002
RD: July 2003
45 Day Letter: Feb 2005
State: CA
Category: One is EB2, don't know the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
sleepless_in_IN said:
Those of you (NeelIP and GCnoway) with attys with inside connections @ Dallas BEC would you mind asking them about what is going on with SWA cases? These attys probably have clients with applications pending at the SWA level and may be getting info. for them. So if you ask they may already know and may be able to tell you. If any of you could do that and share the info it would be great, since Icarus does not have any info. when it comes to SWA cases.

Question for ZB: I can see them holding a case after analysis but why do you think a case would be skipped and not analyzed? Any ideas?

Also, did anyone get 45 day letters this week? PLEASE POST. Thanks.

=======================================================

1) Do you know at what point they switched from full case entry to abbr. case entry?

2) Is there a procedure for COMPLETION of case entry? Would they do that by PD? Can they do that by PD (as in the does the system allow them to do so)?

3) Is there ANY sort of priority given to any type of case when it comes to "COMPLETION" of case entry?

4) At this point are they entering any of the Cases COMPLETELY?
(Example: Old 2001 Cases from really backlogged states like Indiana?)

5) Does "abbr." case entry mean that we will not see any 45 day letters till all cases are completely entered as in March 06 OR do they plan to send 45 day letters on cases that are not "COMPLETELY" entered??? Meaning for the next 6-12months we would not see 45 day letters at all??

Icarus, if this is the case it would mean SWA case people can stop expecting 45 day letters and stop bugging thier attys about it for another year. So please shed some light on this. Thanks! :(
Hello Sleepless,

Thanks for that detailed question.. I have exactly the same questions as you. My case is a regional case, entered into the BPC system on 06th Jan 2005 (Dallas Case # D06005-xxxxx), haven't yet received the 45 day letter. I am concerned. Its been 6 months now.. Need Icarus to shed some light..

Sincerely,
WellWisher007

kothari_rupesh said:
I know this question is not meant here, but since the topic is raised, can you guys doing 7th year extension tell me, if the fees of seventh year extension the same as regular H1B filling , some 2000$ approx.

Yes. Cost is the same

IndiraGandhi said:
Freedom of speech should be exercised in a manner acceptable to everybody and definitely can’t be personnel. You may Agree or disagree on others views as long as they are not derogatory.

--- No one is restricting the way of freedom in speech. I can’t do anything to restrict it, as I am not so called “moderator”.

ZB made a statement when you see around having later PD getting approvals and earlier PD's not seeing the light of the day. It is humane to get frustrated when the same Luck is not there with you.

--- Even DOL is failing its theory in implying the strict FIFO, ZB, whom I think certainly doesn’t work for DOL, I would never consider his way of PD being adjudicated. I know what frustration is, but being a human, you should have control over it.

It is simple math with limited no. of Visa numbers (40k/yr) and around 100k eb2/eb3 to get adjudicated we have to definitely wait in the Q somewhere. Either at BEC or at I-140 or at I-485. So it is anybody’s guess and not a theory that UCIS needs to have some kind of control.

--- Math could be simple but many drawings could lead it to complex way. I don’t understand when you say, “USCIS needs to have some kind of control” what does it mean?

By the way I am not a fan of ZB or not an Enemy of you.

--- I don’t know about ZB, but I certainly don’t consider you my adversary.
IndiraGandhi,

Just a question... Do you sit with a dictionary when composing your posts??????.. I had this wierd imagination that you are sitting there in front of the computer with an 'Oxford' dictionary and type your mails... Though, it is fun reading your mails, I should say...

Ligthen up dear!!! No one is here to get you!!!.. Please do not consider me as your adversary/opponent/challenger/rival/enemy/foe/antagonist/oppostion!!!! :) :)

Sincerely,
WellWisher

WellWisher

Depends....

kothari_rupesh said:

Correct me if I am wrong but....this is what I have learnt while filing my 7th year extension

If your H1-b is not the first one then you don't have to pay the $500 fee towards Fraud protection. Also, if your 7th year extension is the second petition with the same(current employer filing for 7th year/8th year..) employer then, you do not have to pay the $1500 other fees. No matter what you will have to pay the $185 application fee.

Please guys..

s_chicago said:

Please do not pin this on me..

I am as usual analyzing all possibilities. This theory was proposed by someone else in this forum. I just did some data analysis and found that it may be somewhat possible

Thanks
ZB

WellWisher007 said:
Hello Sleepless,

Thanks for that detailed question.. I have exactly the same questions as you. My case is a regional case, entered into the BPC system on 06th Jan 2005 (Dallas Case # D06005-xxxxx), haven't yet received the 45 day letter. I am concerned. Its been 6 months now.. Need Icarus to shed some light..

Sincerely,
WellWisher007

Well wisher- how did u know the Dallas case # without getting the 45 day letter.

WellWisher007 said:
IndiraGandhi,

Just a question... Do you sit with a dictionary when composing your posts??????.. I had this wierd imagination that you are sitting there in front of the computer with an 'Oxford' dictionary and type your mails... Though, it is fun reading your mails, I should say...

Ligthen up dear!!! No one is here to get you!!!.. Please do not consider me as your adversary/opponent/challenger/rival/enemy/foe/antagonist/oppostion!!!! :) :)

Sincerely,
WellWisher

WellWisher

Not really. Sometimes in confusion I take aid from it. Thats all. I never consider anyone against or for me. Thanks WellWisher, you are beautyful

Moderator!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator said:
Thanx for dropping PM. I will keep an eye.

I am going to say this and say this once.
This discussion is getting out of hand.

Nothing gained by this line of discussion on here for the vast majority of users. Please take this style of discussion and find a schoolyard or street corner to practice it there.

MODERATOR please take some action on these patterns of discussion. They are not reflective of the purpose of these boards or these threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wish to convey - There was no offense intended in my previous mail.. So,lighten up, help each other with topics/information that are important to us on this forum (which is our GC) and move on with our lives..

chicchu said:
Well wisher- how did u know the Dallas case # without getting the 45 day letter.
Hello Chicchu,

I sent a mail to Dallas Backlgog Processing center, giving the information such as my name, my employer's name.. I sent this mail on or around 15th of Feb 2005 and got a response from the Dallas BPC in 1 week's time indicating that my case # is D05006-XXXXX.. However the letter also mentioned that Dallas BPC is in the process of converting all data into a new system and that a 45-day letter will be generated as soon as the data transfer is complete. I think, apart from the case # provided, the body of the text is generic. I have come across other people on this forum who got the same generic response, except for the case #...

With regards to the Email address of the Dallas BPC, I do not have it at the moment.. However, you will find it on this forum. If you do not get hold of it, send me a pm sometimes, and I will get it for you..

Sincerely,
WellWisher

Hope this Helps

kothari_rupesh said:

I-129 fee: $185
I-539 fee: $195 for family members
American Workers Training fee: $1,500 or $750 (New H1B or change in Employer or 1st extn with same employer)
Fraud Prevention fee: $500 (New H1B or change in Employer)
I-907 premium processing fee: $1,000 (if needed)