Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

question regarding the labour approval letter from BEC

Does the Dallas BEC sends the Labour approval letter to lawyer and employer both OR just lawyer only ?
My lawyer has changed the address. Though he has informed the BEC about address change but we are not sure that BEC has updated the address.

In fact my 45 day letter was also not received by lawyer. Fortunately they copied to the employer and I got it from Employer.

Thanks

EB2 retrogress to when?

GP111,

Could you give us an estimate to how badly the EB2 will be retrogressed to?

thanks

gp111 said:
COngratulations mahap001
Good Luck for next step.

EB-2 cannot retrogress on July 01, 2005 as July Visa buletin is already out.. It is likely to be retrogressed on August 01, 2005

To Icarus

Have 2 questions for you

1) Does certified LC copy goes both to Employee and Lawyer as my lawyer also has changed his address.
2) Looks likenow it is taking one month for PD to move from month to month i.e., 08/2002 to 09/2002, its been a month but PD is not going ahead, seems like it will take a year to reach october of 2003. Kindly give your thought.

EB-2 retrogess

In last bulletin they mention that EB-2 will likely to retrogess in end of FY'06 (June -06-Sep06). Did this change ? From where did you get EB-2 retrogess information ?

Thx

Icarus - Info on Non-RIR cases please

Icarus,

Can you please give some information on the status of Non-RIR cases at Dallas BPC?

Thanks a lot.

FYI: One of my friend has received his labor approval yesterday from Dallas BEC for pd Aug 2002, RD June' 2003 and 45 days letter responded around Mid Mar, 05.

moving forward - No '02 PD here

Looks like Dallas BPC is moving forward by posting the approvals for the last few months. I guess they were not confident about the approvals and waited for this long to post them out.

If the trend is right - then BPC has posted out Aug'02 approvals and the rest should be posted out in the next 2-3 monhts.

I am keeping my fingers crossed- Nov'02 here.

Also, to the experts here - when my LC was filed in EB3 - RIR (B+5 years), the TWC responded and requested the employer to change the job requirement to Masters + 2 years work experience - which my employer promptly did (in Jan'03). My RD date is Jun'03.

Do you think Masters + 2 would qualify for EB-2?

Cheers,

J2k

I think the Analysis queue is now 10/2002

I think the queue must have already moved to late 10/2002 or 11/2002. ICARUS will confirm it this week.

Pd

My PD is AUG 28 2002. Replied to 45 day letter DEC 2004. Texas state and went to DOL Feb 2003.

Any one close to this date got approvals?

Looks like only CA cases are getting approved for now.

To ICARUS - What is happening to SWA cases?

My EB3 application was filed in April 03. Never made it to the regional.

Last I heard, BEC is not processing the SWA cases. Is there any change in that status?

Thanks.

Analysis Queue

Icarus wont show up for one weekend and Queue moves for 2 months :rolleyes:
If it's true, then we will send Icarus to Hawai for a paid vacation for 6 months so that all applications will be cleared. :)
Just Kidding :)

Icarus, We really appreciate your great input..

-SR
TX/RIR/EB2
PD 11/02
Replied to 45 days letter in 12/04

Not Yet Received

ACS_78 said:
My PD is AUG 28 2002. Replied to 45 day letter DEC 2004. Texas state and went to DOL Feb 2003.

Any one close to this date got approvals?

Looks like only CA cases are getting approved for now.

My PD July 2002 EB2 RIR CA
RD MAY 2003
45 DAYS LETTER MAILED BACK TO DALLAS ON 2ND WEEK FEB 2005

---------------------------------------------

java2king said:
Looks like Dallas BPC is moving forward by posting the approvals for the last few months. I guess they were not confident about the approvals and waited for this long to post them out.

If the trend is right - then BPC has posted out Aug'02 approvals and the rest should be posted out in the next 2-3 monhts.

I am keeping my fingers crossed- Nov'02 here.

Also, to the experts here - when my LC was filed in EB3 - RIR (B+5 years), the TWC responded and requested the employer to change the job requirement to Masters + 2 years work experience - which my employer promptly did (in Jan'03). My RD date is Jun'03.

Do you think Masters + 2 would qualify for EB-2?

Cheers,

J2k

YES

I just joined the forum
PD - Jun 2003
RD March 2004
RIR
Wondering if I will be able to apply for an EAD card soon after labor processing is complete even though GC nos may be unavailable for my PD.

Is that what the I-140 is for.

You can apply for EAD on basis of pending I485 app
however if visa number is unavailable you cant apply for I485 itself. Therfore you cant get EAD

(Another situation is , you apply for i485 and then the visa number becomes unavailable, in this case you can apply for ead on basis of pending retrogressed I485)

Nope....

ganwani said:
I just joined the forum
PD - Jun 2003
RD March 2004
RIR
Wondering if I will be able to apply for an EAD card soon after labor processing is complete even though GC nos may be unavailable for my PD.

Is that what the I-140 is for.

No, you can not apply for EAD until you file I-485.

ICARUS or any GURUS - Question abt ICARUS' post regarding LC transfer before approval

Icarus said:
IF THE EMPLOYER NOTIFIES BEC THAT THE ORIGINAL BENEFICIARY IS NO LONGER EMPLOYED, THE EMPLOYER MAY SUBSTITUTE ANOTHER SIMILARLY QUALIFIED APPLICANT PRIOR TO CERTIFICATION. THE EMPLOYER MAY ALSO SUBSTITUTE AFTER CERT BUT MUST APPLY THROUGH USCIS.

Hello Icarus,

My company has LC pending (PD 7/2002) with Dallas BEC for employee X (45-day letter replied Feb 2005 with intent to continue).

My company also filed my LC (exact same position as for X- PD 2004) with TWC (still stuck in TWC - not at Dallas BEC per TWC).

Now employee X has left the company, and I have same qualifications as X. I sent your above post to my attorney and he agreed that they can PUT my name on X's LC by submitting petition before it is approved (doing this so that I am not screwed during I-140 filling if LC substitution is eliminated). My employer is willing to let me use X's LC.

Questions:
Can this be done?

What documents does the attorney need to send?

How will it affect case # of X's LC? Will it have to reentered and be pushed back as 2005 data entry case?

How will it affect my pending LC app. at TWC?

Before submitting change request, how can attorney find out if X's LC has not already been approved?

Thanks a million,

NetNerd

Last edited by a moderator:
sg101 said:
FYI: One of my friend has received his labor approval yesterday from Dallas BEC for pd Aug 2002, RD June' 2003 and 45 days letter responded around Mid Mar, 05.

Hello SG101,
Thanks for sharing news.
Is it possible for you to find out from your friend what exactly is the approval date on LC ?

from www.immigration-law.com/canada

We Commend DFLC for Ongoing Adjudication of Backlog Cases Pending Opening of Unopened Boxes

The immigrant community sees increasing reports by the applicants and their legal counsels on ongoing approvals of the backlog cases, particularly by the Dallas Backlog Processing Center. We do not have any information about the actual number of approvals but it appears to be a positive sign that the Backlog Processing Centers started adjudicating the cases which were filed during the period of 2002 or earlier. Report also indicates that there may still be a large number of boxes of files which have yet to be opened and clerically processed. Obviously the files in these unopened boxes are mostly those which were filed in the later part of the old labor certification system, and as we urged earlier, there is absolutely no reason why the older cases should remain hostage to the opening of later cases in the FIFO principles of processing on a national queue system.

Assuming that the DFLC started acting in a right direction, we urge the DFLC to accelerate the adjudication process to catch up the lost time. This action appears to be particularly important for the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center as most of the approval news have been related to the Dallas Processing Center cases. Let's send our encouragement, support, and commend to the leaders of these Processing Centers