Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Who told you that?

Are you kidding?

Asib said:
Hello,
I am sorry if the question is not directly related to this forum but it is the only place I know some well-informed guys.
Question: What is the effect of regular speeding ticket (not drunk or accident,..) of our history record in getting LC, GC, and in future in citizenship. I heard someone was declined because of some tickets and I would like to get some more info about it.
Thank you,

Speeding TKt-

Asib said:
Hello,
I am sorry if the question is not directly related to this forum but it is the only place I know some well-informed guys.
Question: What is the effect of regular speeding ticket (not drunk or accident,..) of our history record in getting LC, GC, and in future in citizenship. I heard someone was declined because of some tickets and I would like to get some more info about it.
Thank you,

Asib,
If a GC seeker has been convicted some crime, he/she might face problems in getting a GC.
Speeding tkt should are not considered as Criminal tickets. But a DWI (Driving while Influenced) tkt's might be a problem. I am not 100% sure on that, but DWI is certainly considered as a crime, getting caught under DWI 2nd or 3rd time might be a big offence.

Asib said:
Hello,
Thank you,

Any felony or misdemeanor in an applicant criminal record will affect his GC case. Some traffic violations are considered misdemeanor, as it is the case with DUI (driving under influence) and hit-and-run. In normal circumstances, a regular speeding ticket is considered neither a felony nor a misdemeanor (Otherwise 70% of American will be convicted felons).
In case of DUI make sure to get a good attorney, otherwise you are putting your GC case into jeopardy.

ZB, mnhrdc & Other Friends,

The Phone # my attorney assistant calls is (214) 237-9111 only, She asks for some extension number (DOES NOT ASK FOR STATUS DIRECTLY As they transfer to VM if does so)

GP111,
I tried calling you yesterday & could not reach you.. I will call you again this afternoon.

NeelP said:
ZB, mnhrdc & Other Friends,

The Phone # my attorney assistant calls is (214) 237-9111 only, She asks for some extension number (DOES NOT ASK FOR STATUS DIRECTLY As they transfer to VM if does so)

GP111,
I tried calling you yesterday & could not reach you.. I will call you again this afternoon.

So, your attorney calls that number and gets to an extension and BEC guys provide info about the case having been cleared (or not)?!! Could you find out the extension number, if you can?

regds,

Filing PERM while RIR is still pending at Dallas BEC

I have filed a RIR EB3 with PD Dec 2003 in SWA Michigan which never made it to Regional. I was advised by my lawyer to file a new EB2 application under PERM while maintaining the current RIR at Dallas. I know that one cannot file PERM and maintain the current RIR application but my lawyer said if the PERM application has a different job specs and salary it is acceptable.

What is your opinion on this and why you guys do not file also under PERM?

Thank you very much for your help on this issue.

RIR and PERM together

Hi Vali,

I am doing the same. My RIR application is pending at Dallas BPC. I have started PERM under different job title.

vali said:
I have filed a RIR EB3 with PD Dec 2003 in SWA Michigan which never made it to Regional. I was advised by my lawyer to file a new EB2 application under PERM while maintaining the current RIR at Dallas. I know that one cannot file PERM and maintain the current RIR application but my lawyer said if the PERM application has a different job specs and salary it is acceptable.

g2p2 said:
I was compiling a list of so far known cases of labor approvals/RFEs (total 21 cases as of today). I am going to share it with everybody...

Based on data from these two forums
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=174065
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=149225
Comments:

Thanks GP111
In a nutshell and intrestingly DOL likes only 1st of every other month for adjudication or else we are missing to report correct PD date :)

PD 3/01/2001
PD 3/01/2001
PD 4/01/2001
PD 4/01/2001
PD 4/01/2001
PD 5/01/2001
PD 8/01/2000
PD 10/01/2001

PD 3/01/2002
PD 4/01/2002
PD 4/01/2002
PD 4/02/2002
PD 5/01/2002
PD 6/01/2002
PD 6/01/2002
PD 6/01/2002
PD 6/01/2002
PD 7/01/2002
PD 7/01/2002

PD 1/01/2003

mnhrdc said:
Thanks GP111
In a nutshell and intrestingly DOL likes only 1st of every other month for adjudication or else we are missing to report correct PD date :)

PD 3/01/2001
PD 3/01/2001
PD 4/01/2001
PD 4/01/2001
PD 4/01/2001
PD 5/01/2001
PD 8/01/2000
PD 10/01/2001

PD 3/01/2002
PD 4/01/2002
PD 4/01/2002
PD 4/02/2002
PD 5/01/2002
PD 6/01/2002
PD 6/01/2002
PD 6/01/2002
PD 6/01/2002
PD 7/01/2002
PD 7/01/2002

PD 1/01/2003

Thanks to g2p2 not me !!

also.. I believe here g2p2 has summerize all July PDs as 07/01, All June PDs as 06/01 & so on..

Special Handling Labor certification

Dear gurus,
I had applied for labor certification with special handling (university professor) in December 2004 from the state of Michigan. ANy idea on the processing time and is there any way to track the application. the case as I understand should be at Dallas Backlog center and I have not received any 45 day letter.
please help!/ Spouse's GC is dependant on mine and will soon be out of h1 status.
Thanks

madjad said:
Dear gurus,
I had applied for labor certification with special handling (university professor) in December 2004 from the state of Michigan. ANy idea on the processing time and is there any way to track the application. the case as I understand should be at Dallas Backlog center and I have not received any 45 day letter.
please help!/ Spouse's GC is dependant on mine and will soon be out of h1 status.
Thanks

You will get your LC Certified as soon as they will enter your case in to the system.

LC Approved

Just received the email from my attorney saying that my LC was approved.
Guys, thank you so much for accompanying me for the last 3+ years and wish you all the best luck in your GreenCard process.

A few questions for those who may have quick answers:
1. with the visa number retrogress thing, do you think I still have time to prepare and file 140&485 concurrently? (I'm EB3)
2a. if not, anyone know how long does it take to clear 140 for san francisco bay area applications?
2b. is it possible that the EB3 visa numbers will be open for my priority date(June/2002) in October?

Here is my info:
priority date: June/2002
BPC: Dallas
45 letter receive/reply date: 1/28/2005 / 2/1/2005?
case #: unknown
category: EB3
Job requirement: BS+2years

Non-rir

Hi Gurus,
Everybody talking about only RIR cases. I'm in Non-RIR catagory and my PD is Dec- 2000. Can anybody give some clues where Non-RIR queue is now and when should I should I expect to hear something from Dallas BEC. I got 45 days letter back in Dec 2004 and replied within 3 days.

Your updates will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
mvatx

nogcnolife said:
Just received the email from my attorney saying that my LC was approved.
Guys, thank you so much for accompanying me for the last 3+ years and wish you all the best luck in your GreenCard process.

A few questions for those who may have quick answers:
1. with the visa number retrogress thing, do you think I still have time to prepare and file 140&485 concurrently? (I'm EB3)

YES YOU DO.. GO FOR MEDICAL TODAY (YES TODAY).. You can collect all the documents in 1 day & apply for I-140/485 by end of this week.

2a. if not, anyone know how long does it take to clear 140 for san francisco bay area applications?

I-140 takes 3 months in CSC

2b. is it possible that the EB3 visa numbers will be open for my priority date(June/2002) in October?

No one knows as of now

Here is my info:
priority date: June/2002
BPC: Dallas
45 letter receive/reply date: 1/28/2005 / 2/1/2005?
case #: unknown
category: EB3
Job requirement: BS+2years

CONGRATULATIONS...

DO not waste a single minute.. take couple of days off you need to but apply CONCURRENTLY !

Perm and EB2

vali said:

vali,

Please correct me if I am wrong

1. If your new case is approved under PERM but your old one is not yet
you will have to use substitute to take an advantage of the approved case
Otherwise I do not understand how one individual can handle two GC jobs
from one employer the same time.

As I know DOL has serios intention to cancel substitution pretty soon.

2. There is a rumor that retrogression will be implemented for EB2 in 2006.
If it is come true you will loose your PD if you are from India, China or Philippines.

gp111 said:
CONGRATULATIONS...

DO not waste a single minute.. take couple of days off you need to but apply CONCURRENTLY !
How can one apply for 485 in EB3 category now? Arent the visa numbers unavailable? USCIS will simply reject the application - right?

Special Handling LC

Hi MadJad

Mine is also a special handling case for teaching faculty. I have received 45 days letter in March 2005. My PD is April 04 and RD is May 04. Its more than a year I am waiting for special handling LC. I have replied to the 45 days letter immediately, there is no news after that. Have you talked to your attorney. I think there is no special preference given to special handling cases at BEC though there are very few cases in comparision with RIR and traditional cases. As per the last DOL update they are planning to identify and expedite special handling cases. Hopefully they will do that soon. Madjad please let me know if you have any other updates from your attorney. Apart from myself and your case, I only know one more person who has applied LC under this category.

Hi GP111
I just read your reply to post Madjads post. What do you mean by "You will get your LC Certified as soon as they will enter your case in to the system". Please let us know if you have any details about special handling cases.

Thanks
Sam_b
B+

Non-RIR

mvatx said:
Hi Gurus,
Everybody talking about only RIR cases. I'm in Non-RIR catagory and my PD is Dec- 2000. Can anybody give some clues where Non-RIR queue is now and when should I should I expect to hear something from Dallas BEC. I got 45 days letter back in Dec 2004 and replied within 3 days.

Your updates will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
mvatx

Apparently we are a set of under-previlaged people. Though I started my GC process with advertising for RIR in June 2001, ultimately was denied RIR and now waiting in the dark in Non-RIR que somewhere in Dallas BEC. We have patiently waited all these years... hopefully we wil get LC cleared within the next couple of years, before they wind up the Backlog elimination centers.