Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

GCCovet said:
Hi Fellas!,
I was trying to find (originally ZB's - JustWatching BEC 45 day letter tracker updates) the thread tracker, looks like it has been moved. Any idea where I can find it?

Thank you in advance

Yes. Right now it can be found in the gener "Labor Certification" section. i.e. one level above where these forums sit.

I am working with moderators to have it moved back. I will kepp you guys posted on the final location of the tracker.

JustWatching

You can also follow this link

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161571

zany brainy
i think what icarus means is that RIR cases are being processed but approvals will come out in may june(delay in posting or whatever).have to wait until may to find out.

Only makes sense in EB2

Anand_Mishra said:
it's good thinking.
whatever way calculate.
For PD 2002 - waiting time ~ 4-6 months
For PD 2003 - waiting time ~ 7-10 months
and so on..
let's find out other options and file under PERM. I can't touch current application because i am in my 7th year extn.
thx

This only will make sense, if all of you are going to get the EB2 classification in PERM. Otherwise you will get labor from PERM and then sit on the sidelines as the people who get approvals from BEC file for 1-140/485 and get approved.

That will be another painful and years long wait. Would you prefer waiting once or twice?

The only way PERM makes sense for anyone with a PD before 2004 is if they can convert their existing application into PERM keeping their PD intact.

Check the section 2.1 of PERM overview in immigration.com. It says that you can keep your PD. But you need to loud your voice to your employer. I talked to mine and they told me some BS....looks like not interested.

Zany_Brainy said:
This only will make sense, if all of you are going to get the EB2 classification in PERM. Otherwise you will get labor from PERM and then sit on the sidelines as the people who get approvals from BEC file for 1-140/485 and get approved.

That will be another painful and years long wait. Would you prefer waiting once or twice?

The only way PERM makes sense for anyone with a PD before 2004 is if they can convert their existing application into PERM keeping their PD intact.

s_chicago said:
Check the section 2.1 of PERM overview in immigration.com. It says that you can keep your PD. But you need to loud your voice to your employer. I talked to mine and they told me some BS....looks like not interested.
U can keep ur Pd only if u properly withdraw the old case and file a new one with exactly same -----. I am aware of a case that was rejected in less than 10 min (details awaited). PERM is very risky unless u have more time on ur H-1. Better to wait for a couple of more months before proceeding to perm.
--MC

45 day letter

Hi All,
My priority date from SFO-DOL is Aug 14 ,2003. -- filed from bay area, california
I haven't received any 45 day letter yet. I did get a auto response from Dallas DRC with my new case number.

Has anyone else in my timeframe received the letter. Does every case need to receive a 45 day letter fro them to process the application.

Thanks
Ravi

Hi ICARUS
After going through the documents released by DOL/BEC and talking to lawyers, it was very clear that the cases from Regional department were the ones who gets approval first ,after clearing all regional cases , BEC was going to handle State cases or SWA cases.
But after your this message it looks like SWA cases are coming in regional que.
If the approach goes as first paragraph regional RIR cases should be cleared in 4-6 months
If approach as later, it might take 12-14 month for RIR in 03-04.
Kindly clear this doubt, which way exactly BEC is working.

Icarus said:
unfortunately, that information is unavailable at the BEC. When cases have their data entered once the 45-day response has been received, the info goes into the RIR (or TR) queue which is maintained back east by the folks at DOL. The PD is maintained real time but no breakdown by year has been provided.

:) Yes Sir. Definitely before BPC process cases with PD 2003/04(like mine). Some regional cases(early 2002) may get some advantage but with time passes and more and more SWA response will come back then those cases will come in same Q(As per Icarus). So I can see still long wait for LC for 2003-04 PD.

sleepless_in_IN said:
You are assuming that Dallas will actually open the thousands of SWA cases sitting on thier loading docks for months - ha! Wrong assumption!!!
:p

Need info on filing in PERM

Hi All,
Right now I have an application pending at BRC with company A.

Can I file another new application using PERM with company B and give it a try?

In this case is my old application is going to get revoked or can I keep both of them(Old case with BRC and new case with PERM)?

Can I file PERM with out joining company B?

Thanks in advance.

makalu said:
Hi All,

YES

In this case is my old application is going to get revoked
NO

or can I keep both of them(Old case with BRC and new case with PERM)?

YES

Yes. GC is for future employement.

Thanks in advance.

Concurrent LC and PERM

Further on this,
what would happen if the PERM application gets rejected? Would that affect the pending LC application in any way?
If you have any answer, please also let us know the source/link to source. Thanks!

makalu said:
Hi All,

In this case is my old application is going to get revoked or can I keep both of them(Old case with BRC and new case with PERM)?

Thanks in advance.

Well I cann't understand why the F^$*& you need to say my assumption is wrong. Did I even ask you?
The questios is for Icarus. As the information is provided by him.
So kindly next time when you try to say"Your assumption is wrong" see if the question asked to you or not.
And just for your knowledge, assumptions are assumptions. ha! you moron!!!

sleepless_in_IN said:
You are assuming that Dallas will actually open the thousands of SWA cases sitting on thier loading docks for months - ha! Wrong assumption!!!

Please use some other means of venting out your frustrations..
Do not start a word war here and try to be a liitle polite, atleast in a public forum like this !

sleepless_in_IN said:
Unfortunetly this is not great news for SWA applications sent to Dallas. But at least we know where those applications are: on the loading doc!!! :rolleyes:

This is an email from my friend's atty:

Today, I and my staff underwent a conference on the new PERM regulations for labor certifications and backlog reduction information....

Today’s conference was informative and imparted the following information:

All backlog centers are at a fledgling state. None are accepting any status inquiries. Due to the sheer volume of people trying to obtain status information, they have decided to not provide any to anyone. As cases are logged into the system, we will obtain 45 day letters. You and I have already experienced this. These should be done in chronological order. However, that is not the case. Depending on when files are received and shipped is how quickly these are getting imputed into the system.FIFO doesn't apply until the 45-day letter response has been received back from the employer/attorney We have been told that there are whole loading areas full of unopened boxes of labor certifications.onsite storage area, yes---loading dock, no

Obtaining the 45 day letter does not prove that any actual processing is happening on any case. It merely shows that the box the file was in has been opened and will be put into the system.Data Entry has been completed, or a 45-day letter won't generate. The officers are currently working on supervised recruitments only. Not on reduction in recruitment cases. Both Supervised(TR) and RIR cases have the same number of analysts working on cases(at least in Dallas) This is to train the officers. These are new centers and do not have experienced staff. This much is true. So they are starting them off on the supervised recruitments for two reasons: first, these cases are older. The back log on some of the cases are 1999. Secondly, these cases are cleaner, easier and provide good learning stock. Actually RIR cases are cleaner and easier to process, and in many RIR cases, not meeting RIR criteria as submitted, are being denied RIR status and are being added to the TR queue RIR’s will be tackled when the backlog has caught up to the filing dates.incorrect, see above

Last edited by a moderator:
Icarus said:
incorrect, see above
icarus,

if the same amount of people are divided equaly between RIR and TR as u said, it means that those queues r independent from each others. I mean they will not be synchronised as DOl said before keeping the dates of RIR and TR close.I'm right?if so then RIR will move much faster right?

2- will the number of processing people be increased soon and/or when BEC finishes data entry?

sleepless_in_IN said:
Icarus has answered that question like a million times already!!! For your knowledge: The ANS is YES!! The fact is: not a single SWA application has been opened at Dallas! au contraire:rolleyes:seen 'em (outside of the box, even) I sure wish your assumption was NOT worng...but at this point by the time they open and enter and send out 45 day letters for SWA applications they should be done with all the RIR DOL cases given that they really are doing 90 per day.

And for your knowledge: when you blog your post is to ALL reading the blog - so you don't have to "even" ask me. Gotta love it!!! So kindly try to control your temper (and smille cos I'm sure it looks better on you).

have a good 'un :D

Labor Certification times

I filed my labor in jul 2004 in minnesota. Lawyer updated me that the case will not be opened in dallas in year 2005. The case will most likely be adjudicated only in jan 2006.

:-(

antonioa77 said:
icarus,

if the same amount of people are divided equaly between RIR and TR as u said, it means that those queues r independent from each others. I mean they will not be synchronised as DOl said before keeping the dates of RIR and TR close.I'm right?if so then RIR will move much faster right?

2- will the number of processing people be increased soon and/or when BEC finishes data entry?
They're independent unless an RIR gets put into TR for not meeting RIR criteria. As for synchronization, at this point, they aren't, but later on, that may change if RIR gets too far ahead. Efforts are underway trying to keep Dallas and Phil. in the same ballpark in re: processing, NOF's, etc., but are still being ironed out. Efforts are also underway to get additional staff approval from DOL for both data entry and analysis.

Anybody has any idea about how long it' s going to take,after a case is recommended for approval, to actually receive the approval letter in the mail box?