Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

EB2 only need MS or BS+5year ?

Talked to an attoney. He was pretty much sure that EB2 classfication remained same under PERM. And he even gave an EB2 example of a software enginner with MS degree and 2 year. According to him,

1. MS or (BS+5years) qualifies for EB2 under PERM.
2. PERM is not as difficult as people thought, and probably even faster than 45 days.
3. There's no legal base that you can't file PERM and keep the pending case. Some clients have already done so. He expected DOL would provide guide within 1 month.

I am a little bit confused about item 1, because there was an understanding that it's extremely difficult to get EB2...

If that is the case, people with an MS degree should definitely go for PERM, as long as employer supports, isn't it?

Zany_Brainy said:
This only will make sense, if all of you are going to get the EB2 classification in PERM. Otherwise you will get labor from PERM and then sit on the sidelines as the people who get approvals from BEC file for 1-140/485 and get approved.

That will be another painful and years long wait. Would you prefer waiting once or twice?

The only way PERM makes sense for anyone with a PD before 2004 is if they can convert their existing application into PERM keeping their PD intact.

Update to Tracker

Will the following people confirm they have NOT received their 45-day letter.

Rohan_m
ziv711 (Your friend)
LC4ever
hopehope41

These are the only 4 cases in the tracker that were transferred to Dallas BEC from Dallas DOL that have not received their letters.

Looking at the 45-day trends, no 45-day letters for cases transferred from Dallas DOL were received in March which would lead me to believe that they are done with Dallas DOL. Or if there is anyone out there that was transferred from Dallas DOL and has not received 45-day letter please post.

Approval LC

gp111 said:
CONGRATULATIONS DUDE...
THis is great news.. Posts like this brings real hopes to all of us.

Can you please share your PD?? I mean which month of 2001.

thanks & good luck for further steps !

Yes it was good news for me after the long wait, PD was 10/2001. EB3 .

Good luck to all as well .
Ash

sleepless_in_IN said:
Ok let me rephrase: Not a single Indiana SWA application NOT EVEN 2001 RIR cases from Indiana have been opened at Dallas! Right? I bet you haven't seen Indiana cases?? Let alone been entered!!!

:rolleyes:

I wonder what the rationale behind opening one state's cases over another is? The box on top (came in last - latest applications, ie 2004 & 2005) gets open first?

Maybe you should e-mail them the tracker, it probably has better reports than the BECs do?

Sorry couldn't resist :)

Delay on LC

desolate said:
I filed my labor in jul 2004 in minnesota. Lawyer updated me that the case will not be opened in dallas in year 2005. The case will most likely be adjudicated only in jan 2006.

:-(
Since you filed in 2004 , they may not look into this year , but things can change since they are aiming to move though all cases pretty quick (Old) at the BLC.
Good Luck
Ash

ASHTON KUTCHER said:
Yes it was good news for me after the long wait, PD was 10/2001. EB3 .

Good luck to all as well .
Ash

Congrats:

Your PD: 10/2001
Regional RD: When in 2002?
RIR or Regular?
Did you file in Texas?
Do you have a case no.?
Do you know when you got 45-day letter?
Approval date?

Texas LC

JustWatching said:
Congrats:

Your PD: 10/2001
Regional RD: When in 2002?
RIR or Regular?
Did you file in Texas?
Do you have a case no.?
Do you know when you got 45-day letter?
Approval date?

RO RD 10/2002
REG
Yes in Dallas, TX
Yes I have a ETA Case Number
I got the 45 LT on 03/04 and Rec approval Letter 03/30 but the date on the Certified Letter is 03/09 so which mean they approved it in actually 4 days after rec my 45 dys letter back in there hands .
03/09

Ash

A bit of info

Based on the case no.s in the tracker and assuming that the last 5 digits of the new ETA# is shared between the two BECs. Between Philly BEC and Dallas BEC, they entered approximately 40,000 cases in January.

So if by end of Feb they had entered about 86,000. They would enter the remainder by June/July 2005.

I know it's a bit of old news, just wanted to share.

Never old...it is important...

Thanks for the info

JustWatching said:
Based on the case no.s in the tracker and assuming that the last 5 digits of the new ETA# is shared between the two BECs. Between Philly BEC and Dallas BEC, they entered approximately 40,000 cases in January.

So if by end of Feb they had entered about 86,000. They would enter the remainder by June/July 2005.

I know it's a bit of old news, just wanted to share.

Hey guys my "ASSUMPTION"
From Ashton we can say cases with 2001 were processed somewhere around 03/09, since then if we assume BEC is consistant then with the Ave of 90 cases per day 18 days X 90 cases= 1620 till now, lets say few days off in between so few less cases. SO The guys with PD of 2002 should hear soon about their approvals.
"Icarus" can you put some light on this.
"I feel good, nanana, I feeeelllll good, nanana"

ASHTON KUTCHER said:
RO RD 10/2002
REG
Yes in Dallas, TX
I got the 45 LT on 03/04 and Rec approval Letter 03/30 but the date on the Certified Letter is 03/09 so which mean they approved it in actually 4 days after rec my 45 dys letter back in there hands .
03/09

Ash

VISA dates ?

Some how I believe they clear all our labors sooner or later, becaz they r working hard (!?) on that. But my worry is when they start clearing thousands of labors what will happen to visa dates ? becaz the guys who got cleared first start filling for 485s what happens to those whose got cleared later ?? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
what is ur ETA case no

Congrats Ashton..

Can u share ur ETA case number atleast first 5 digits...

Thanks,
Maverick

ASHTON KUTCHER said:
RO RD 10/2002
REG
Yes in Dallas, TX
03/09

Ash

ASHTON KUTCHER said:
RO RD 10/2002
REG
Yes in Dallas, TX
03/09

Ash

You said your PD is 10/01 and RD is 10/02. Before the BRC, they were processing 04/01 cases in TWC if you are refering to Non-RIR (Which is your case). So when did they ask you to advertise, or without any advertisement your LC got cleared?

No letter yet

JustWatching said:
Will the following people confirm they have NOT received their 45-day letter.

Rohan_m
ziv711 (Your friend)
LC4ever
hopehope41

These are the only 4 cases in the tracker that were transferred to Dallas BEC from Dallas DOL that have not received their letters.

Looking at the 45-day trends, no 45-day letters for cases transferred from Dallas DOL were received in March which would lead me to believe that they are done with Dallas DOL. Or if there is anyone out there that was transferred from Dallas DOL and has not received 45-day letter please post.
Hi JustWatching,

In response to your request for an update on my friend's case, no letter has been received yet. He is still waiting anxiously. As long as BEC is working on cases filed before him, we're OK (I think), although it's weird that he has had a case number for some time now and no letter yet.

A correction to his PD: The correct date is 12/17/01, and not 12/28/01 as I thought before.

Thanks for all your good work.

ICARUS Question for you..

labordrags said:
You said your PD is 10/01 and RD is 10/02. Before the BRC, they were processing 04/01 cases in TWC if you are refering to Non-RIR (Which is your case). So when did they ask you to advertise, or without any advertisement your LC got cleared?

How is this possible. How did Ashton Kutcher get his LC approved with a PD of 10/2001? Seems too far down the line from where you said Dallas BEC was at the moment... :confused:

Z

It is possible as many of us with much later PD's in 2003 got 45 day letter earlier than people with PD's in 2002-2001, so our data entry is done much before others .
It might have happen that before cases with PD's of 99,00,and so, answer to their 45 day later , cases with PD's of later date as 01,02 got their approvals.
It can also happen that many cases dropped out or didn't respond due to many reasons.
This is just a thought for the possibility.

Zany_Brainy said:
How is this possible. How did Ashton Kutcher get his LC approved with a PD of 10/2001? Seems too far down the line from where you said Dallas BEC was at the moment... :confused:

Z

Zany_Brainy said:

Z

u have to understand that all this system is random. they sent the 45 letters to some people with new PD and they didn't for older ones. they process regional before SWA instead of by PD. all this is a mess. there is no clear plan. DOL was always unprofessional and they will remain. so u have to expect the worse and be so lucky to get ur LC cleared soon.

Lc 101

Hi, I am a rookie here.

Can someone help me define what are:

PD (Priority Date), is this the date that I sumbit my application to the state agency?

RD (Regional Date), is this the date that the regional office recieved file from the state?

Thanks to help a helpless rookie who is clueless.

:confused:

Whyallthis said:
It is possible as many of us with much later PD's in 2003 got 45 day letter earlier than people with PD's in 2002-2001, so our data entry is done much before others .
It might have happen that before cases with PD's of 99,00,and so, answer to their 45 day later , cases with PD's of later date as 01,02 got their approvals.
It can also happen that many cases dropped out or didn't respond due to many reasons.
This is just a thought for the possibility.

May be few old cases picked up randomly as pilot batch for Traning

Is PERM risky?

Hello M_Chundi,

Can you provide more details of the Perm rejection case in < 10 mins? My guess is that there might have been a problem with the application filed online.

Is PERM really risky?

m_chundi said:
U can keep ur Pd only if u properly withdraw the old case and file a new one with exactly same -----. I am aware of a case that was rejected in less than 10 min (details awaited). PERM is very risky unless u have more time on ur H-1. Better to wait for a couple of more months before proceeding to perm.
--MC