Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

sfoguy said:
======================================

Well the question here arises is that in this RIR queue of 14.5K, how many PD cases are of 2001, how many PD cases are of 2002, how many PD cases are of 2003 and how many of 2004??

ICARUS.....If you could give us this information, then we will not bug you any more.........So please share this valuable info as soon as you can.

thanks,
:)
unfortunately, that information is unavailable at the BEC. When cases have their data entered once the 45-day response has been received, the info goes into the RIR (or TR) queue which is maintained back east by the folks at DOL. The PD is maintained real time but no breakdown by year has been provided.

sleepless_in_IN said:
How in the world is Dallas supposed to blast into 2003 when they havn't sent a single 45 day letter for 2001 RIR SWA cases??? Approval by PD is a BIG FAT myth. It's approval by Regional (maybe using PD dates) then SWA cases (maybe by PD dates). Meaning Dallas would have to go back and do 2001 SWA RIR cases once they are done with ALL the Regional cases up to 2005. So I don't think Dallas has to worry about getting ahead of Philly. I wish Dallas would stop worrying and try to catch up to Philly and just send those 45 day letters for SWA cases (like Philly is!!!) so we can all get in the queue, instead of watching 2004, 2005 applications getting answers while 2001 application sit cos some states decided not to do a thing for a good 4 years!
:mad:
what can I say? Letters can only be sent out as cases are received and entered. BEC isn't the one making the case transfer decisions as you quite eloquently pointed out. Neither are they the ones concerned with both BEC's being on the same page. If your state has dropped the ball, put blame where blame lies. Take a nap!!

Zany_Brainy said:
So Icarus,
You are saying that Dallas BEC is currently approving/processing RIR cases at the rate of 90 cases a day ? Is that true..can I take this statement to the Bank?

Please just say YES or NO.

I will base my decision to file for PERM or not based on your answer. My PD is May 1 2002 so I am exactly 1 year from where they are on the RIR queue in Dallas at the moment.

Thanks
ZB
Sorry....Sorta. 90 cases (give or take) a day are being recommended for approval. There are not as many DOL working the cases as BEC, so there's another bottleneck at that point as cases await final review and certification.

gcin05 said:
Number of RIR Cases = 14,500
Number of cases cleared per day = 15X6 = 90

Number of days to clear all the 14500 cases = 14500/90 = 161

Number of working days in a month ~ 20

Therefore, number of months to clear the 14500th case = 161/20 ~ 8

According to this rate, By December 2, 2005, all the (14500) RIR cases should be cleared.

Not bad, if the data and assumptions are correct.
The only variable that might throw that off would be an influx of SWA cases bearing an earlier PD that, once a 45-day affirmative response is received, would jump ahead of other cases already in queue with a later PD date.

Icarus said:
The only variable that might throw that off would be an influx of SWA cases bearing an earlier PD that, once a 45-day affirmative response is received, would jump ahead of other cases already in queue with a later PD date.
but those 14.5 k r part of the regional backlog in dallas BEC. if there is like 60k applications in DOL before moving to BEC. it means like 30k will go to dallas BEC. i expect more than 70% of those cases r RIR, therefore the number that BEC will clear at te regional level should be like 21000 cases if not more and not 14.5.I'm right?

45 days letter not yet recieved

Hi ICARUS/gurus,
My paper(RIR) was moved to chicago on aug'04 from MI.(PD june'03).I sent out an email to get the case number about 35 days back.I haven't recived any reply for my email and no word about the 45 days letter as well.I am little concerned.Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks ain advance
Sridharan Subramanian

Approval on LC None RIR

sleepless_in_IN said:
How in the world is Dallas supposed to blast into 2003 when they havn't sent a single 45 day letter for 2001 RIR SWA cases??? Approval by PD is a BIG FAT myth. It's approval by Regional (maybe using PD dates) then SWA cases (maybe by PD dates). Meaning Dallas would have to go back and do 2001 SWA RIR cases once they are done with ALL the Regional cases up to 2005. So I don't think Dallas has to worry about getting ahead of Philly. I wish Dallas would stop worrying and try to catch up to Philly and just send those 45 day letters for SWA cases (like Philly is!!!) so we can all get in the queue, instead of watching 2004, 2005 applications getting answers while 2001 application sit cos some states decided not to do a thing for a good 4 years!
:mad:

My PD is 2001 by TWC, Regional office rec 2002 I got my 45 Dys letter in Early March and this was sent back to RO the next day by my Attorney , I just rec my certified Letter from DOL stating that everyting was approved,on 03/30, my case was filed as reg Perm None RIR , so I guess they are not going with the date by somehow another way , so Now I'm fixing to file 140&485 on 04/04 lets see how that goes from there .

Ashton .

ASHTON KUTCHER said:
My PD is 2001 by TWC, Regional office rec 2002 I got my 45 Dys letter in Early March and this was sent back to RO the next day by my Attorney , I just rec my certified Letter from DOL stating that everyting was approved,on 03/30, my case was filed as reg Perm None RIR , so I guess they are not going with the date by somehow another way , so Now I'm fixing to file 140&485 on 04/04 lets see how that goes from there .

Ashton .

Was your case under 245i? Or when you said you filed NON-RIR, when did you get 45 days letter? Also when did they ask you to do the advertisement? Could you supply more info please?

ASHTON KUTCHER said:

Ashton .

CONGRATULATIONS DUDE...
THis is great news.. Posts like this brings real hopes to all of us.

Can you please share your PD?? I mean which month of 2001.

thanks & good luck for further steps !

Good news,
I recieved a 45 day letter on 2-24-05, and my lawyer send in the request by end of feb. My PD REC was June, 2000 from Dallas DOL NON-RIR.
Didn't hear anything back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope to get explanation from our forum GURUS like Icarus, JustWatching. [Three time requested 'Zany_Brainy'...but no explanation]

This DB does not have the entire case list that even went to DOL. My case went to Chicago (also my friends, both RIR cases) from Iowa. Both our cases (also other friends who has SWA cases in starting of 2004 and end of 2003 as well) are not in this DB. I also got email response from BEC saying that no case # has been assigned. So, looks like this DB has cases only which has a case # assigned.

So, the real # of cases seems to be lot lot more than you people are talking about. Am I missing something here?

Zany_Brainy said:
This is the first of my series of analysing the data posted at
http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx
Data was updated yesterday so its current

Fy 2000

Total Pending Cases : 2738
RIR Cases : 1049
TR Cases : 1689

Fy 2001

Total Pending Cases: 2085
RIR Cases: 1095
TR Cases: 990

Attached is the Excel Spreadsheet with a Pivot table for easy analysis by Region Etc. (Sorry could not attach the spreadsheet as it is too big)

sleepless_in_IN said:
1. Don't you need to provide your PD?
3. Do you need to provide company address, phone # or HR contact info?

If you are one of the lucky people who got a response from Dallas please post exact what info. you provided in your email. Thanks!!!
:eek:

Hi, I did the following: (Note: I haven't recd. case# or letter yet)
Send an email to...

status@DAL.DFLC.US

Subject: Case Status

Company Name:
Alien Name:
SWA:
SWA Receipt Date (Priority Date):
Date Received at Regional Office:
SF Regional DOL Case Number:

Hope this helps and Good luck.

Case# missing..

I have received the 45 day letter with new case# (Fed-15) - but the database (downloaded from http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx) doesn't have my case #(the number issued be SESA )?

Does anybody has same issue - appreciate sharing

My case details:
IL -RIR
PD - Aug 2003
RD - Jan 2004
Case No: D-05004-09xxx
45 Day letter replied: Feb 15

s_chicago said:
Hope to get explanation from our forum GURUS like Icarus, JustWatching. [Three time requested 'Zany_Brainy'...but no explanation]

This DB does not have the entire case list that even went to DOL. My case went to Chicago (also my friends, both RIR cases) from Iowa. Both our cases (also other friends who has SWA cases in starting of 2004 and end of 2003 as well) are not in this DB. I also got email response from BEC saying that no case # has been assigned. So, looks like this DB has cases only which has a case # assigned.

So, the real # of cases seems to be lot lot more than you people are talking about. Am I missing something here?

data in the files are only cases received by DOL and the cases will not be yr based on PD but based on RD. I think.

sleepless_in_IN said:
Unfortunetly this is not great news for SWA applications sent to Dallas. But at least we know where those applications are: on the loading doc!!! :rolleyes:

This is an email from my friend's atty:

Today, I and my staff underwent a conference on the new PERM regulations for labor certifications and backlog reduction information.

As we have discussed previously, all cases that are not currently being adjudicated by the Indiana Department of Workforce Development have been packaged into boxes and sent to our regional center, Dallas, Texas. Dallas does not process the entire U.S. but a sector. There are other backlog centers which are performing the same duties.

Today’s conference was informative and imparted the following information:

All backlog centers are at a fledgling state. None are accepting any status inquiries. Due to the sheer volume of people trying to obtain status information, they have decided to not provide any to anyone. As cases are logged into the system, we will obtain 45 day letters. You and I have already experienced this. These should be done in chronological order. However, that is not the case. Depending on when files are received and shipped is how quickly these are getting imputed into the system. We have been told that there are whole loading areas full of unopened boxes of labor certifications.

Obtaining the 45 day letter does not prove that any actual processing is happening on any case. It merely shows that the box the file was in has been opened and will be put into the system. The officers are currently working on supervised recruitments only. Not on reduction in recruitment cases. This is to train the officers. These are new centers and do not have experienced staff. So they are starting them off on the supervised recruitments for two reasons: first, these cases are older. The back log on some of the cases are 1999. Secondly, these cases are cleaner, easier and provide good learning stock. RIR’s will be tackled when the backlog has caught up to the filing dates.
Our only choice is to sit and wait. When the backlog center gets to your file, you and I will get a 45 day letter. Once we get that in, when they get to his date, they will process it. We will keep you informed of any progress that we hear or any information that is imparted to us about the process.

according to the above given information, there r no processing of RIR cases yet as opposed to what ICARUS said before.so RIR cases r doomed to a long wait. I honestly believe that all this backlog center thing is a waste of time and efficiency.

Icarus!!!

This is exactly what my source at AILA told me.
But it is in direct conflict with what you are telling us.

This says no RIR cases are being processed and you say ~ 90/day are being processed.

All the approvals reported so far have been NON-RIR, and we have no proof of any processing on RIR cases yet.

:confused:

sleepless_in_IN said:
Unfortunetly this is not great news for SWA applications sent to Dallas. But at least we know where those applications are: on the loading doc!!! :rolleyes:

This is an email from my friend's atty:

Today, I and my staff underwent a conference on the new PERM regulations for labor certifications and backlog reduction information.

As we have discussed previously, all cases that are not currently being adjudicated by the Indiana Department of Workforce Development have been packaged into boxes and sent to our regional center, Dallas, Texas. Dallas does not process the entire U.S. but a sector. There are other backlog centers which are performing the same duties.

Today’s conference was informative and imparted the following information:

All backlog centers are at a fledgling state. None are accepting any status inquiries. Due to the sheer volume of people trying to obtain status information, they have decided to not provide any to anyone. As cases are logged into the system, we will obtain 45 day letters. You and I have already experienced this. These should be done in chronological order. However, that is not the case. Depending on when files are received and shipped is how quickly these are getting imputed into the system. We have been told that there are whole loading areas full of unopened boxes of labor certifications.

Obtaining the 45 day letter does not prove that any actual processing is happening on any case. It merely shows that the box the file was in has been opened and will be put into the system. The officers are currently working on supervised recruitments only. Not on reduction in recruitment cases. This is to train the officers. These are new centers and do not have experienced staff. So they are starting them off on the supervised recruitments for two reasons: first, these cases are older. The back log on some of the cases are 1999. Secondly, these cases are cleaner, easier and provide good learning stock. RIR’s will be tackled when the backlog has caught up to the filing dates.

Our only choice is to sit and wait. When the backlog center gets to your file, you and I will get a 45 day letter. Once we get that in, when they get to his date, they will process it. We will keep you informed of any progress that we hear or any information that is imparted to us about the process.

RIR Approval!!??

From Immigration-law.com

04/02/2005: First Unconfirmed Report of Dallas Backlog Center LC Approval

There is an unconfirmed report by an attorney that a labor certification of priority date April 2001 has been approved by the Dallas Backlog Processing Center. Reportedly the case was initially filed as a regular application, which was later converted to RIR under the RIR Conversion Regulation. This is the first known approval report since the Backlong Processing Centers was established. Stay tuned.

Should we consider this an RIR application or a NON-RIR application?

Zany_Brainy said:
From Immigration-law.com

04/02/2005: First Unconfirmed Report of Dallas Backlog Center LC Approval

There is an unconfirmed report by an attorney that a labor certification of priority date April 2001 has been approved by the Dallas Backlog Processing Center. Reportedly the case was initially filed as a regular application, which was later converted to RIR under the RIR Conversion Regulation. This is the first known approval report since the Backlong Processing Centers was established. Stay tuned.

Should we consider this an RIR application or a NON-RIR application?

Zany_Brainy you are amazing in bringing hot news from everywhere...I really appreciate your work...

I think this BEC is totally a joke...I think myself my wait time is over regarding this BEC after a long wait...

Even though PERM (Rejection System) is 100% rejecting all cases. I would give a try in PERM with my new labor and new employer. If it success i will go through that labor otherwise i will come and join you guys...

So many years i was too professional nothing works out..

Where ?

Hi Fellas!,
I was trying to find (originally ZB's - JustWatching BEC 45 day letter tracker updates) the thread tracker, looks like it has been moved. Any idea where I can find it?

Thank you in advance

it's good thinking.
whatever way calculate.
For PD 2002 - waiting time ~ 4-6 months
For PD 2003 - waiting time ~ 7-10 months
and so on..
let's find out other options and file under PERM. I can't touch current application because i am in my 7th year extn.
thx

shaaka said:
Zany_Brainy you are amazing in bringing hot news from everywhere...I really appreciate your work...

I think this BEC is totally a joke...I think myself my wait time is over regarding this BEC after a long wait...

Even though PERM (Rejection System) is 100% rejecting all cases. I would give a try in PERM with my new labor and new employer. If it success i will go through that labor otherwise i will come and join you guys...

So many years i was too professional nothing works out..