Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I am very confused about this clinton clememcy thing!

People who filed their petition by end of april of 2001, DID THEY GET A CHANCE TO FILE RIR or NON-RIR?

If they could file either of their choice, I doubt if its RIR, because RIR needs almost six months of recruiting time, and Clinton signed this bill on December 21, 2000. So whosever applied they filed under NON RIR, meaning a huge number of petition is still at SWA, not DOL. Now they said they will follow FIFO policy. So until SWA, 245i, thing is done, I don't think we will see much approvals in recent days. I think it will take few months straight.

Just my thoughts, may be I am not right.

labordrags

I think you hit the nail on the head. If they go by PD they will have to clear the 245 i SWA cases first. The problem is most of the SWA cases havent been data enetred yet.
Does anyone know the estimated number of 245 i SWA cases (RIR & non RIR ?)

Highly Optimistic you are ....

WHY....,

I think you are highly optimistic person, I personally feel that. if your PD is 10/2003 and moved to RD, I think it will be very much optimistic for you to think that you will receive approval by August. Coz for Apr 2001 guysw, they still are not seeing any approvals, most likely, they will see approvals in June-July. And you expect 2 1/2 years of PD's to complete in 2 months ??

I think you should not keep such high hopes and start thinking pragmatically and wish that you get approval by early 2006.

This message is not to diss you, but just to make you know that your heart will break and many other hearts will break coz you are pshing a very beautiful picture in others mind and giving them false hope that BPC will process 10/2003 cases in next 3-4 months.

Whyallthis said:
HI ZB

I appreciate your work, its phenomenal but I have to say I doubt few assumptions. I think you should be hearing from Dallas BEC much earlier than what you are expecting. My PD is 10/03 and I seriously doubt that I need to wait for 10-12 months to hear from BEC.
We also have to think that these are just regional cases, so I feel with my PD , I will hear by August-Sept05 and all regional should be over by Nov-Dec05.
Well I might be wrong as this is just my assumption.

Labor Approvals

I just spoke with my attorney and she said they got two approvals from Dallas BEC with PD Apr 2001 and Aug 2004. It is very odd that Aug 2004 case is approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be too optimistic

No one is getting the point. As of today BECs have not assigned anyone to process the cases. Read latest news from Murthy.com.

I told the same thing three days back. As i said earlier BEC has estimated to complete the backlong 8 quarters. As of now they haven't started processing any cases and they are still busy with data entry. When i talked to my attorny who works very close with BEC, said that no one is BEC knows when/how they are going to start the processing.

Read the following.

Cases Pending at BPCs
©MurthyDotCom
The DOL reported that the Backlog Processing / Elimination Centers (BPCs) received approximately 250,000 pending cases by mid-March 2005. Many of these are still being data processed. A small number of BPC personnel are now processing labor certifications, though the DOL did not have a processing time estimate since the majority of the BPC personnel are still working on data entry. As of this writing, we at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. have not received any substantive action (approval, denial, Notice of Finding) from the BPCs.

Well Kanjoos

Looks like you like to be pesimistic. Thats good for you.
I think I mentioned below its my assumption and I don't assume without some facts.
Well this is how I came to my assumption: My PD oct 2003 RIR case, got my 45 day letter in jan 1st week replied immediately. Then from ZB's data I calculated as per 180 cases/day, so they should reach my case by Nov2005. But as ZB mentioned and even I think ZB's data needs more improvments like the numbers provided may be reduced as many cases might be closed or 45 days letter not replied or transfered to PERM. Also people in Philly got approval with PD 2002.
Then as ICARUS mentioned chances of increasing analysers in BEC. It also seems some cases are randomly getting approved before others it might be due to few people got 45 days letter earlier than others while some still haven't got it. Lot of factors are involved, with all this, BEC has to finish the Backlog in 24-30 months, so it doesn't make sense to complete only regional cases for more than a year. I said I might here from them by August05, and if I get an approval,great if not then you and me are here to visit this forum what else.

I understand your frustration KANJOOS, damn even I am fedup but I think :) little bit optimism won't hurt in this frutrating wait.

Kanjoos said:
WHY....,

I think you are highly optimistic person, I personally feel that. if your PD is 10/2003 and moved to RD, I think it will be very much optimistic for you to think that you will receive approval by August. Coz for Apr 2001 guysw, they still are not seeing any approvals, most likely, they will see approvals in June-July. And you expect 2 1/2 years of PD's to complete in 2 months ??

I think you should not keep such high hopes and start thinking pragmatically and wish that you get approval by early 2006.

This message is not to diss you, but just to make you know that your heart will break and many other hearts will break coz you are pshing a very beautiful picture in others mind and giving them false hope that BPC will process 10/2003 cases in next 3-4 months.

Is the pace -180 cases/day a reality?

Wondering is the pace 180 cases/day a reality? – Gurus – if it is a reality - any chance of going up/down in near future?

Reading conflicting info on processing times – were the 4/5(may be little more) cases posted are random OR is this only info available for forum members

Appreciate any piece of info..

Whyallthis said:
Well Kanjoos

I think I mentioned below its my assumption and I don't assume without some facts.
Well this is how I came to my assumption: My PD oct 2003 RIR case, got my 45 day letter in jan 1st week replied immediately. Then from ZB's data I calculated as per 180 cases/day, so they should reach my case by Nov2005. But as ZB mentioned and even I think ZB's data needs more improvments like the numbers provided may be reduced as many cases might be closed or 45 days letter not replied or transfered to PERM. Also people in Philly got approval with PD 2002.
Then as ICARUS mentioned chances of increasing analysers in BEC. It also seems some cases are randomly getting approved before others it might be due to few people got 45 days letter earlier than others while some still haven't got it. Lot of factors are involved, with all this, BEC has to finish the Backlog in 24-30 months, so it doesn't make sense to complete only regional cases for more than a year. I said I might here from them by August05, and if I get an approval,great if not then you and me are here to visit this forum what else.

BPC is Approving...

whatheheck,

BPC are approving, they have been analysing cases since past 3 months, we have seen many approvals already. So its very incorrect information that they have not assigned anyone to process the case.

Besides that, forget what BPC tells to AILA, we are hearing from horses mouth. ICARUS gives us information all the time, and we have already seen atleast 7-8 approvals coming from Dallas + Philly center right here in this forum.

whatheheck said:
No one is getting the point. As of today BECs have not assigned anyone to process the cases. Read latest news from Murthy.com.

I told the same thing three days back. As i said earlier BEC has estimated to complete the backlong 8 quarters. As of now they haven't started processing any cases and they are still busy with data entry. When i talked to my attorny who works very close with BEC, said that no one is BEC knows when/how they are going to start the processing.

Read the following.

Cases Pending at BPCs
©MurthyDotCom
The DOL reported that the Backlog Processing / Elimination Centers (BPCs) received approximately 250,000 pending cases by mid-March 2005. Many of these are still being data processed. A small number of BPC personnel are now processing labor certifications, though the DOL did not have a processing time estimate since the majority of the BPC personnel are still working on data entry. As of this writing, we at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy, P.C. have not received any substantive action (approval, denial, Notice of Finding) from the BPCs.

Sure...Lets see..we will be sticking here itself...

Yes, I am pessimistic. And lets see how BPC goes and approve cases in next few months and we can re-estimate our timelines.

And by the way, ZB's calculation is good till May 2002. he has yet to put in the SWA cases which came after May 2002 , so lets see how that will put pressure.

And I have been very optimistic for past 3 years, still I am, where I am. By your calculation and ZB's Calculation, I shud definitely hear by Sept 2005, lets see, if I do....before me actually ZB's head is on line..he is expecting may 2005, lets see if that happens or not....

Whyallthis said:
Well Kanjoos

I understand your frustration KANJOOS, damn even I am fedup but I think :) little bit optimism won't hurt in this frutrating wait.

Hey Kanjoos

What I know from documents that BEC is first processing regional cases first and after that SWA cases. Also as per Icarus , there is a different que for SWA cases so I doubt it will hurt regional cases approval.
Whats your opinion?

Kanjoos said:
Yes, I am pessimistic. And lets see how BPC goes and approve cases in next few months and we can re-estimate our timelines.

And by the way, ZB's calculation is good till May 2002. he has yet to put in the SWA cases which came after May 2002 , so lets see how that will put pressure.

And I have been very optimistic for past 3 years, still I am, where I am. By your calculation and ZB's Calculation, I shud definitely hear by Sept 2005, lets see, if I do....before me actually ZB's head is on line..he is expecting may 2005, lets see if that happens or not....

Its 90 cases per day per BEC as per Icarus so we calculate it as 180 cases per day with 2 BEC's (Dallas and Philly)
As we are quite few people (probably 2-5%) compared to all the backlog cases this is the only information available to this forum.
I hope I answered your questions.

IllinoisGC said:
Wondering is the pace 180 cases/day a reality? – Gurus – if it is a reality - any chance of going up/down in near future?

Reading conflicting info on processing times – were the 4/5(may be little more) cases posted are random OR is this only info available for forum members

Appreciate any piece of info..

Whyallthis said:
Well Kanjoos

GCSyndrome said:
she filed my case as BSc+0 experiance because the wage my company offered at that time did not meet the wages guide line. That was 3 years ago. Now I had many raises (about 30% more than the wage I started with) and I also got a US master degree
so u mean when she filed ur application u didn't use to have an MS? and more even with BS , ur wage was less then level 1?

Whyallthis

Right you are, when you say about the Regional DOL cases taking precedence over SWA. But there are many SWA cases which were remanded to SWA and hence not in database, but as far as I know they are still a regional case. And why I say this is because, one of the cases from my own company is likewise with PD of Nov 2002.

I do expect lots of similiar cases (several thousands in number) because in 2003 and early 2004 Regional DOL were sending remand to most cases because of job losses in states and pressure of presidential election in US.

Whyallthis said:
Hey Kanjoos

What I know from documents that BEC is first processing regional cases first and after that SWA cases. Also as per Icarus , there is a different que for SWA cases so I doubt it will hurt regional cases approval.
Whats your opinion?

Denver SWA

Manaka .. Thanks for the quick reply... Congrats on getting the state approval.. i hope your Dallas DOL work gets cleared soon too.. :)

MY PD: Oct 2003
RIR EB2

no word from SWA or from DBEC. I did send an email to Dallas long time ago.. and they had not gotten my application from Colorado SWA yet. :confused:

GCSyndrome said:
also Icarus, GP111 and other Gurus, I need a word of wisdom regarding this situation:
My attorney filled my case as RIR/EB-3 for salary issues (of course, what else could be an issue). She told me at the time that it doesn't make any difference and indeed the case made it through the state. But now I am worried that filling under this category might screw the case up. Just a feeling but I need your honest opinion. And multiple thanks.
P.S. I am not from India, China, or Philippines.

CA/RIR/EB-3
PD: 06-22-2002
RD at SFO at 05-19-2002
Transferred to Philly at unknown date
45 days letter rcvd mid March 2005 and replied to within a week

No, Filing under EB-3 would not screw up your case. EB-2 & EB-3 processing the same ( No priorities also).. Only thing is there will be more people filing in EB-3 then EB-2. That is the reason IN, CH & PH EB-3 PD cutoff retrogression recently. If you are not born in any of these countries, Then Retrogression would not hurt you. ALSO with Your PD of 06-22-2002, Retrogression would not be a problem even if you are from IN, CH or PH.

whatheheck said:

Read the following.

Cases Pending at BPCs
©MurthyDotCom

Dude, read your own post !!!

You guys missed this post..

GC_DJ said:
I just spoke with my attorney and she said they got two approvals from Dallas BEC with PD Apr 2001 and Aug 2004. It is very odd that Aug 2004 case is approved.

I am pretty sure that the Aug 2004 report is wrong.
Apr 2001 on the other hand seems correct as according to ICARUS that is where the queue is.

GC_DJ can you please pester your attorney and ask them details about the Aug 2004 case (wether it has come from some other DOL than the BEC) or is it an state approval (move to DOL/BEC) or something?

Because if it is true, finally we have a cause to File suit on the DOL.

Thanks

Zany_Brainy said:
Apr 2001 on the other hand seems correct as according to ICARUS that is where the queue is.

GC_DJ can you please pester your attorney and ask them details about the Aug 2004 case (wether it has come from some other DOL than the BEC) or is it an state approval (move to DOL/BEC) or something?

Thanks
My bet is it is a special handling case.

Zany_Brainy said:

Thanks

It must be University/Research/ Educational Institute Case.. DOL has special handling process for them.

She said both are from Dallas BEC and are certified. I was also surprised as you guys are and asked twice about it and she confirmed it is Aug 2004. I do not have any more info other than PD. If I get any more info on that case I will post it.

Zany_Brainy said:

Thanks