Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

clusterit - couple of thigns - whats your PD? and are u in EB2 or EB3? finally, you can still get your GC next year depending on when the labor gets approved...if you adopt the CP route instead of I-485 route, you can get your I-140 approved in 1-2 months and 6-7 months for CP (processing times for India) depending on which country you are from. I am in exactly the same boat as you - decided to go full time studies next year with a GC but hoping this labor delay dosen't last for long

clusterit said:
Hope I can get some information from ya'll.
My green card application is underway for some time.
I just received a copy of a letter stating that: "My application has been received at the Dallas Backlog elimination center".

Can you tell me what time frame am I looking at before receiving my Green Card?
I have to decide whether to wait or quit my job and go back on a student visa.
I am planing on getting a full time graduate degree - having a green card sure would help - but I don't want to wait for years....

Thanks for the help.

Marc

Seperate queue for RIR or not?

I am confused, what gurus decided ?there will be seperated queue for RIR or not? please respond.

All those acronyms....EB2/EB3.???
I am from Germany - just wanted to avoid quitting my job in August when the GC would arrive in September - Glad to know not to be the only one.
I'll check with the law office whether "we" can take the CP route - instead of the i-485 route. I have some browsing to do I guess.
Thank u.
M

Here is the recent post about getting 45 day letter for the case in SWA (PD:2004) :http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...9&postcount=598

Good for those who are getting it, but it makes me think how come SWA cases from 2001/2002/2003 are still waiting for their 45 day letters while 2004 case got the letter already. Any clues? It does tell me that they are opening boxes out of order...

One problem I can see from this is: How to make sure our lawyers respond on time..............no way as we don't know the order and can't expect it coming until we find...... it got closed...

Any ideas?

puhrince said:
clusterit - couple of thigns - whats your PD? and are u in EB2 or EB3? finally, you can still get your GC next year depending on when the labor gets approved...if you adopt the CP route instead of I-485 route, you can get your I-140 approved in 1-2 months and 6-7 months for CP (processing times for India) depending on which country you are from. I am in exactly the same boat as you - decided to go full time studies next year with a GC but hoping this labor delay dosen't last for long

do u mean u will go for university again once u get ur green card cleared, so u expect ur green card next yr? i didn't understand ur plan. i will be interested in seeking an MBA but i think it will be too hard for me to do it while working, i mean part time. i prefer go for a full time (without working) but the green card is an issue. any thought?

Pl. Update my info.

Recieved 45 day letter on March31st 2005
Replied by fax on March 31st , by certified mail on april 5th.

Also got new case no. D-XXXXXXXXX

PD:- July2003
RD:- Oct 2004
Michigan/chicago (P9K)

As I got my 45 days letter recently, I have become a little greedy about this dream labour. As you mentioned all DOL cases will be cleared before SWA cases (a total of 55k cases), any estimate when I can see my labour cleared (!!!)???? Mine went to Chicago DOl on 10/2004 (May be daydream).

And 'Zany_Brainy', you never answer my Q. Pal, I am not you foe, am I?

Zany_Brainy said:
It is not unbalanced.

Remember the regional cases were sent to the BECs first and were entered first and they also said that they will clear the regional backlog of ~ 55,000 cases first.

Last edited by a moderator:
nankish said:
I am confused, what gurus decided ?there will be seperated queue for RIR or not? please respond.

What are you going to achieve by knowing this? We know DOL is screwing each and every one of us regardless of queue. SO just wait and get screwed

whatheheck said:
What are you going to achieve by knowing this? We know DOL is fu**ing each and every one of us regardless of queue. SO just wait and get fu....

Then what the fu... you doing in this forum?

if your PD is late 2003 then 9-12 months. ;)

s_chicago said:
As I got my 45 days letter recently, I become a little greedy about this dream labour. As you mentioned all DOL cases will be cleared before SWA cases (a total of 55k cases), any estimate when I can see my labour cleared (!!!)???? Mine went to Chicago DOl on 10/2004 (May be daydream).

And 'Zany_Brainy', you never answer my Q. Pal, I am not you foe, am I?

Zany_Brainy said:
It is not unbalanced.

Remember the regional cases were sent to the BECs first and were entered first and they also said that they will clear the regional backlog of ~ 55,000 cases first.

Anand_Mishra said:

Does it mean that I should expect my cert anytime now?
This is encouraging atleast for me, whose PD is Feb 2002. Got 45-day letter in Mar 2005 and replied the same month. The RD at SFO DOL is June 2003.

Thanks.

sorry about that - i assumed u knew most of the acronyms! you can ask your lawyers regarding it. PD is the date your labor case was received by the state(where you are working)..labor approvals are being processed based on that

Also,if you are looking to study this year, i suggest you go back to the student visa..you definitely won't get your GC by Sep; the other choice is to delay your study plans for a year and see if you get your GC next year

clusterit said:
All those acronyms....EB2/EB3.???
I am from Germany - just wanted to avoid quitting my job in August when the GC would arrive in September - Glad to know not to be the only one.
I'll check with the law office whether "we" can take the CP route - instead of the i-485 route. I have some browsing to do I guess.
Thank u.
M

antonio - yes thats what i mean but this is assuming the labor gets approved by the end of this summer (my PD is Jan 03), and also assuming the I-140 processing times don't change(for CP route)!!

I plan to study full time MBA next year and i am not going to delay it anymore bcos of this ridiculous immigration system..my back up plan is to ask my wife to file for GC once her H1 starts this year - this way I can go study on EAD next year if the GC dosen't come through.

antonioa77 said:
do u mean u will go for university again once u get ur green card cleared, so u expect ur green card next yr? i didn't understand ur plan. i will be interested in seeking an MBA but i think it will be too hard for me to do it while working, i mean part time. i prefer go for a full time (without working) but the green card is an issue. any thought?

puhrince said:
sorry about that - i assumed u knew most of the acronyms! you can ask your lawyers regarding it. PD is the date your labor case was received by the state(where you are working)..labor approvals are being processed based on that

Also,if you are looking to study this year, i suggest you go back to the student visa..you definitely won't get your GC by Sep; the other choice is to delay your study plans for a year and see if you get your GC next year
and why u don't wana do a part time MBA, if ur green card doesn't go through by this yr?

Need another BEC for Whole US

Can they create any BackBacklog Elimination Elimination Center to get ride of backlog created by this so called centers. Since August Every SESA Stopped working and playing backlog backlog game.

:p

Hi Anand

9-12 month looks too much delay for late 2003 PD cases. As per the previous emails from all the gurus and greats it looks probably somewhere in 3-4 (July-Aug) months. Calculating all the regional cases and time taken to clear it by current rate.
Just a thought I might be wrong too.

Anand_Mishra said:

It's my guess. I don't have any inside info. No body know how BPC will treat Regional/SWA cases. Three theories are around on FIFO queue based on PD.
1 Queue
2 Queue(1 RIR + 1 TR)
4 Queue(Regiona RIR + Regional TR + SWA RIR + SWA TR)

Icarus say about third options. So I believe him till i can see any trend which say otherwise. It doesn't matter to me how many queue are there. I want to know how many analyst are assigned for each queue?

As per any calculation, for mid-late 2003 PD, waiting time is 9-12 months.

Say 40000 of 55000 cases are before late 2003 PD
So 40000/2(BPC)*90(cases a day)*22(days a month) = ~10 months

antonioa77 said:
r u talking about regional cases or SWA? can u clarify?

I think isn't it clear from ICARUS and other messages from BEC that they are clearing Regional cases first and then they will start working on SWA.

Anand_Mishra said:
It's my guess. I don't have any inside info. No body know how BPC will treat Regional/SWA cases. Three theories are around on FIFO queue based on PD.
1 Queue
2 Queue(1 RIR + 1 TR)
4 Queue(Regiona RIR + Regional TR + SWA RIR + SWA TR)

Icarus say about third options. So I believe him till i can see any trend which say otherwise. It doesn't matter to me how many queue are there. I want to know how many analyst are assigned for each queue?

As per any calculation, for mid-late 2003 PD, waiting time is 9-12 months.

puhrince said:

My Law Firm just informed me that they will be filing steps two and three together, once the Labor Certification is approved - is that the BC route you were refering to Puhrince. And do you know were I can find out about the usual processing times? For Germans in particular?
If I know that I cna get the GC in 1.5 years, I will wait. Thanks for the help.