Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

cos i want to do full time, with internships (especially if i am changing careers)..part-time also is very hard and one is going to have no life(from what i have seen of others doing it), and i want to enjoy my married life! its one's choice basically and i don;t think i am cut out for part-time

antonioa77 said:
and why u don't wana do a part time MBA, if ur green card doesn't go through by this yr?

well your law firm is doing the AOS route(in this route can stage2 i.e. I-140 & stage 3 i.e. I-485 can be done together), not the route i mentioned(I-140 & 3rd stage Consular Processing)..the I-485 processing times used to be very very slow in the past (2-3 years) but they have been improving in the recent months -- i have seen new approvals (I-140 & I-485) taking a year now..so it all depends on when your labor will be cleared. If you are planning to enroll next fall, this becomes important - which route is taking faster? If my labor gets cleared end of this summer, i am definitely going the CP route to be able to enroll next fall.

Regarding processing times for the CP for Germans, you should find that out from the US embassy in Germany, or why don't u go to the CP forum (link below) and see if anyone there is German who can help you!

http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41

clusterit said:
My Law Firm just informed me that they will be filing steps two and three together, once the Labor Certification is approved - is that the BC route you were refering to Puhrince. And do you know were I can find out about the usual processing times? For Germans in particular?
If I know that I cna get the GC in 1.5 years, I will wait. Thanks for the help.

and what about the rest of the cases from 2000-mid 2003? is there a prediction based on certain numbers/volumes of the cases?

Anand_Mishra said:
It's my guess. I don't have any inside info. No body know how BPC will treat Regional/SWA cases. Three theories are around on FIFO queue based on PD.
1 Queue
2 Queue(1 RIR + 1 TR)
4 Queue(Regiona RIR + Regional TR + SWA RIR + SWA TR)

Icarus say about third options. So I believe him till i can see any trend which say otherwise. It doesn't matter to me how many queue are there. I want to know how many analyst are assigned for each queue?

As per any calculation, for mid-late 2003 PD, waiting time is 9-12 months.

Say 40000 cases are before late 2003
So 40000/2(BPC)*90(cases a day)*22(days a month) = ~10 months

Where is my case!!!

Hi, my company received and replyed to 45 days letter without me having a chance to look at it. I email DOL and I received a new case number starting with P. However, my understanding from DOL website is that all California cases were transfered to Dallas not to Phili!!!!
here are my info:

PD: 6-21-2002
RD: 5-19-2003
45 days letter received 3-16-2005

That is not true some of the california cases are in Phili

GCSyndrome said:
Hi, my company received and replyed to 45 days letter without me having a chance to look at it. I email DOL and I received a new case number starting with P. However, my understanding from DOL website is that all California cases were transfered to Dallas not to Phili!!!!
here are my info:

puhrince said:
antonio - yes thats what i mean but this is assuming the labor gets approved by the end of this summer (my PD is Jan 03), and also assuming the I-140 processing times don't change(for CP route)!!

I plan to study full time MBA next year and i am not going to delay it anymore bcos of this ridiculous immigration system..my back up plan is to ask my wife to file for GC once her H1 starts this year - this way I can go study on EAD next year if the GC dosen't come through.

I dont know your info in full, but bear it in mind when u move on to different Visa your total stay in US can't be more than 6 years in H1 visa if you stop your processing of GC,

Means when u comeback form you Student visa to H1, earlier H1 is also counted for total stay unless you have other routes like EAD based on your spouse GC filing.

GCSyndrome said:
here are my info:

10K SF DOL cases went to Dallas & 10K to Philly. What DOL website mentiones is for CA SWA cases (All to Dallas).

Anand_Mishra said:
It's my guess. I don't have any inside info. No body know how BPC will treat Regional/SWA cases. Three theories are around on FIFO queue based on PD.
1 Queue
2 Queue(1 RIR + 1 TR)
4 Queue(Regiona RIR + Regional TR + SWA RIR + SWA TR)

Icarus say about third options. So I believe him till i can see any trend which say otherwise. It doesn't matter to me how many queue are there. I want to know how many analyst are assigned for each queue?

As per any calculation, for mid-late 2003 PD, waiting time is 9-12 months.

Say 40000 of 55000 cases are before late 2003 PD
So 40000/2(BPC)*90(cases a day)*22(days a month) = ~10 months

Does some body guess/clarify in lay mans terms about the Q's
I am little confused
Earlier it was mentioned Two Q's RIR and another TR
Processing will be based on PD + Replies recd for 45 days bec letter
If replies are recd at later time for Earlier PD then it will jump to first of Q based on PD.

If they start processing 4 different Q based on PD's Will there not be overlaps for earlier PD's not getting adjudicated in different Q?
And definetly it doesnt sound correct having so many Q's

Thank you for the clarification, according to the email I received from DOL, the new case number is P-04308-xxxxx. so at least I know I am in Phily now.

Puhrince,

Is that true that I-140 is taking just 1-2 months if we select the CP route? In that case the wait wouldn't be too long once BPC clears our cases.

Thx.

puhrince said:
clusterit - couple of thigns - whats your PD? and are u in EB2 or EB3? finally, you can still get your GC next year depending on when the labor gets approved...if you adopt the CP route instead of I-485 route, you can get your I-140 approved in 1-2 months and 6-7 months for CP (processing times for India) depending on which country you are from. I am in exactly the same boat as you - decided to go full time studies next year with a GC but hoping this labor delay dosen't last for long

gcin05 said:
Puhrince,

Is that true that I-140 is taking just 1-2 months if we select the CP route? In that case the wait wouldn't be too long once BPC clears our cases.

Thx.

There is no Difference of I-140 Processing time if you choose CP over AOS..

Michael-RIR said:
Icarus,

My case:
RIR, EB3, OH Chicago
PD: 10/2003
RD: 11/2004
New case No: T-05007-12XXX
No 45-days letter

In January 28, 2005, My attornet got one email from Dallas and said the case had been transferred to Dallas Backlog Processing Center. and tell us the case number begin with T.

Could you please tell me
(1)How can I know whether the case number has been chanhed from T to D?
(2)Whether I will receive the 45-days letter?
(3)When can I receive it?

Thanks

Michael
(1) when the case's data entry has been completed and the 45-day letter is generated.
(2)You (your atty) will get the 45-day letter when it's generated.
(3) That's the $64,000 question. When data entry completes entering all data from your 750A/B into the PBLS system. They've entered it in an abbreviated format to make tracking easier...they will go back shortly and complete the process and send out the letter.

Chicago-case said:
D-05012-xxxXX

I got this info in February.One more thing thats confusing is, I have the following info in BEC email response for case number request that I sent

"The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of
Foreign Labor Certification's Backlog Processing Centers. At this time,
we are unable to provide any status information on Permanent Labor
Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being
transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is
completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications requesting
additional information from the employer if needed
."

SO does that mean they didn't need any extra info in my case...

What do you say pal..

ICARUS... any words of wisdom on this ?
easy, there big guy :eek: what you received was a generic response to a status inquiry. The mere fact that your case number starts with D indicates that data entry has been completed. A 45-day letter should b en route if not already in the hands of your atty/employer. Unfortunately, the response you quoted above is no guarantee that additional information wasn't requested. Best thing to do is ask the atty or the person handling the application at your employer.

Zany_Brainy said:
Only thing he is erroring on is the reason why the SWA cases are in a separate queue.

I just finished talking to my friend who has some contact in the Philly BEC. He said that the SWA cases are being put in separate queue as they will be processed by a separate group of individuals. These are those people who are entering data at this time. Once these set of people finish entering data they will be moved to processing and SWA cases will start to be picked from the queue. The current analysts will be limited to doing cases from the Regional offices in RIR and TR queues. Once all the regional cases are over, these people will also join the SWA people in processing the SWA cases.

They do not want to mix the cases which are still in State and need EDD processing with the ones who have cleared EDD (which is another step in processing)

Icarus, please confirm (do some sniffing) this is the case in Dallas BEC also.

Thanks

sniff, sniff....your friend's friend in Philly hit it on the money...sorry for any confusion...my source works RIR and wasn't sure at first.

fastergcwanted said:
I agree, if this is right....it's completely unfair and braindead system I have ever seen. It's even worse than where we were before BPC. Let's hope it's not right, and if it is can we do something about it? Any ideas? We might end up waiting lot longer while new cases that made to Regional are getting cleared. Does that make any sense? Is that FIFO?
The only thing I know is that there is only one queue in RIR and two in TR (one for SWA's) theory here is that cases still at SWA's are most likely to be post RIR conversion cut-off. Of course, next week, there may be four :rolleyes:

antonioa77 said:
what is EDD? and how many of the regional cases have passed this EDD?
Employment D.... D....? believe this is a local state acronym (CA?) like TWC is for the state office in Texas.

Hello Icarus

Could you please do a favor for all RIR sufferers here and periodically post the dates that are being worked on from RIR gueue? Could you please inform us when the dates move past 4/30/01?
Thanks a lot

Yes Please...

longwait5 said:
Could you please do a favor for all RIR sufferers here and periodically post the dates that are being worked on from RIR gueue? Could you please inform us when the dates move past 4/30/01?
Thanks a lot

Icarus,
I second this request.

Thanks for confirming my information on the queue system

Please post an update when the RIR queue moves past april 2001

thx

yes it is taking 1-2 months..at the most 3..it has been this way for the past 2 years - my friends and colleagues all got it approved within 2 months..and i also noticed the same trend in the Nebraska I-140 (non-concurrent) forum

gcin05 said:
Puhrince,

Thx.

gp111, there IS a difference in processing times..read the above post regd this..you have to specify the route ur adopting while filing I-140, and for some reason the guys going thro the CP route have had their approvals within 2 months

gp111 said:
There is no Difference of I-140 Processing time if you choose CP over AOS..