Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

puvathoor said:
I remember reading that Saknia maharaj was giving predictions !!! :)

Chief.. none of us have any idea of how long this will take.. A parrot (like the ones in the streets) will do as good as we can.. :)

please don't take it the wrong way..

Exactly. Each case/people is different, I guess there is no DOL people visit here or listen our pains. Even we have a detailed procedure on how DOL process the case, there are still human factor depending on the people handling your case. So except waiting and pray, nothing is certain.

Just wondering...

Hi all:
Since we all here may have many projects waiting until getting our green card, I wonder if any of you have actually taken the risk of buying a house. Just wondering since we are really tempted about buying ours…
Isor
:confused:

I did :)

Bought a house 2 months ago and moved in last month. After some time you feel like taking care of your life and that of your dear ones and stop worrying about GC and all. It will come when it comes, until then live life king size !

Isor said:
Hi all:
Since we all here may have many projects waiting until getting our green card, I wonder if any of you have actually taken the risk of buying a house. Just wondering since we are really tempted about buying ours…
Isor

additional info

molly520 said:
Case number D-05XXX-XXXX
Case officer: Eric Amo
Once again congrats on your approval.Is your case near to mine my case number is D-05111-6xxxx?Also how did you know the certifying officer name.?Did you move after u applied for labor.Also who changes address after moving?us or lawyer?Any inputs.

Last edited by a moderator:
some info

the online case status check is going to be active from july last week.But the news is not in DOL site. Shudnt it be in that?Is this news published in any other site apart from immigration law?Any inputs

Isor said:
Hi all:
Isor

Go ahead. We bought one within a year of landing in US. After 6 years i think that is only sensible thing I have done so far :)

its always a risk gc doesn't matter

Go ahead , i bought last month

Isor said:
Hi all:
Isor

It is always a risk

Buying a house is a big thing and it is always a risk. We bought ours half a year ago although I will start my 7th year H1-B soon (next Febuary). Living in a house is comfortable, but that make me more worry about this GC thing.

Isor said:
Hi all:
Isor

avididy said:
Could you please include when you got the 45day letter, if you did. if not, please provide details of any other communication. thank you for providing such info in advance

I guess, I got labor approval without getting 45-day letter. Because, I was checking with attorney and my employer regarding 45-day letter. but I didnt receive any information from them.

Wishing everybody good luck.

LC Approval: 06/26/2006

kakakiki said:
Buying a house is a big thing and it is always a risk. We bought ours half a year ago although I will start my 7th year H1-B soon (next Febuary). Living in a house is comfortable, but that make me more worry about this GC thing.

Why? You know your status when you bought the house. You bought the house because it made you happy. Stay happy in your house. GC is not a question of life and death. Your personal happines, family's happiness and career matters more.

Personally, I like to get my GC but it doesn't matter when it comes to my career and family. Bottom line - "Do not worry over this. Be happy". Enjoy your weekend.

Go ahead !!! ..Live your life ...

Isor said:
Hi all:
Isor

We bought ours almost a year ago .. will be starting my 7th year 2007 April ..
GC will take its own sweet time .

NO 45 Days later yet

I did not get my 45 Days later yet ,my Pd is 10/2004 ,Can some one help me what should I do…I contact my lawyer never replay me …

Case # D-05199-3XXXXX
State :IL ,RIR,EB2

gc_o_gc said:
Go ahead. We bought one within a year of landing in US. After 6 years i think that is only sensible thing I have done so far :)

I fully endorse what you just said. I bought one in year 2 as well, and being in CA it has really appreciated in 5 years.

GCH1B7 said:
I did not get my 45 Days later yet ,my Pd is 10/2004 ,Can some one help me what should I do…I contact my lawyer never replay me …

Case # D-05199-3XXXXX
State :IL ,RIR,EB2

DBEC said that they are going to finish sending 45 days letter by end of June. Your 45 days letter might be on the mail road now.

kakakiki said:

I purchased my first house when I arrived in the summer of 1999, even with my H1B only just being issued, it was an obvious financial investment. There is nothing legally wrong with buying property, and at the time my budget to rent was the same as my mortgage payment, except ownership had the chance to appreciate in value.

I sold my home back home and used the equity to assist funding the purchase, getting the mortgage wasn't difficult. Also my credit rating got better very quickly by showing I could manage a loan.

Living in Southern California the property cycle was almost predictable, I sold that home in 2003. I don't want to appear boastful, that’s not my point, and there were lots of profitable property transactions. The house I originally bought for $289k sold for $545k. I purchased my second house in 2003 and based on current sales in my street I estimate the appreciation to be some 60%.

I am a little older than many of you and over the years I have built equity and invested.

Here's my point, as of today 3 years, 8 months and 5 days have passed since my PD.

Since I arrived in 1999, my 3 year old baby twin daughters are now 10 year old young ladies and my 8 year old boy is now a high school sophomore. The whole LC and GD thing is a terrible ordeal, but I can't have my life put on hold nor have my children freeze while papers are being processed.

If all goes well eventually we will move forward, if not we will do something else. That’s not to say I don’t think the whole DoL isn’t a farce. But the evidence shows there is very little we can do about it. In recent weeks I have stopped worrying about things I can’t change.

So my advice is to live as normally as you can, and do the best that you can, let God sort everything else out. There are opportunities out there and if they are right for you then take them.