Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

some info

mamtegodosc said:
Chocolate -> EB3.
thanks for the info.even i came to know last week that my case is EB3 although when i joined the company i had MS + 4 years experience and lawyer assured me that she will apply thru Eb2 as requirement was also as such .But went ahead and applied in EB3 .but the only solace is i have one more labor pending in DBEC which is EB2.

Here's the phone number again.

madjad said:
Could you give us the number to call? That would be very helpful to a lot of us where the employers are at the mercy of lawyer's whims and fancies. My manager wont have any problem calling but my lawyer does!!!

202-693-3010

Need Help In responding to 45 day letter

The RIR labor was filed in Illinois in Nov. of 2004. In Nov. of 2005, the company closed its Illinois office, but is still operating in New York and is still offering the position. We got a 45 day letter from the Dallas backlog center, asking for proof of existence. Is there a risk of having the labor certification denied if we change the address to New York? Is there a chance they will ask for additional recruitment?

Thanks in advance

If you change the state, you will have to start whole new process

rahulmahajan said:
The RIR labor was filed in Illinois in Nov. of 2004. In Nov. of 2005, the company closed its Illinois office, but is still operating in New York and is still offering the position. We got a 45 day letter from the Dallas backlog center, asking for proof of existence. Is there a risk of having the labor certification denied if we change the address to New York? Is there a chance they will ask for additional recruitment?

Thanks in advance

If you could just sign 45DL to continue and use postal forward mail, you could save this case. Technically, if you change the state, you will have to start a whole new process right from giving ad, recuitment, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might know already, I am just reminding you, LC is for future job only, if your company closed their operation in IL then you could not use this LC any more. Unforetunately DOL does not have option to transfer LC. I don't think you have any other choice but PERM.

Check with your attorney.

rahulmahajan said:

Thanks in advance

RajWaitingonLCA said:
Trust me waiting for long for Dallas Backlog Center mail, and when I got finally today recieved that Your application "Intend to Deny"; Reson given that Application indicates that the alien will work at "Unanticipated client sites throughout the United States"

Federal regulation define that "Employment" is permanent, full-time work..and blah blah asking all sorts of documents......to prove that you are a full time employee

Anyone got this kind of letter from Dallas Backlog center?; Anyone did here then please guys provide me details or you suggestions....will much appreciated.....

Many Thanks
RajwaitingonlCA
PD: Dec'2003

Hi Raj

Mentioning like this was a mistake for labor petition. However to prove that you are a permanent emeployee working from that State you might consider sending these information ( since this concernes employee exsitence in the state and not the employer)

1) Last few Payroll stating the Employer address ( if they Payroll from that state). If in Payroll they deducted the State Taxe then it will be a proof that you pay taxes there. If your company address is from difeerent state in Payroll Donl;t send that - Rather send youer State Tax Return only

2) If you have permamnet Residence in that State - Proof of that

Labor approved!

A big surprise for all of us, our HR revceived my labor certificate on 6/30. My colleague who applied at the same time got hers as well.

PD: 9/28/04
WI, EB3, State
45 days letter: received on 5/23/06, replied on the same day.

Now moving to the next step--a longer wait with the EB3 retrogression. Good luck to all the friends in this forum!

BTW, if anyone has the list of required application documents for 140 petition handy, could you please kindly post it here or send me a private message? I have seen it posted somewhere in this forum, but I couldn;t find it. Thank you in advance.

orotava said:
Hi,
I'm a new user to this forum, following are my details.
P2005-LA-09597600
10/28/2002 Date of acceptance for processing
San Francisco
How long do I've wait till my case gets approved? Any idea..

My case number is similar
p2004-ca-09xxxxxx

Any ideas why our case numbers are soooo different from the usual D and T numbers

I believe these case numbers were not generated by BEC, those were generated by SWA (State Work Agency). You need to get the BEC case # from your employer/attorney.

rockyroad said:
My case number is similar
p2004-ca-09xxxxxx

Any ideas why our case numbers are soooo different from the usual D and T numbers

Thanks,
I called that 202 number the guy was very helpful he gave me my case number and told me 45 day letter was mailed out jun 28th.

additional info

rockyroad said:
Thanks,
I called that 202 number the guy was very helpful he gave me my case number and told me 45 day letter was mailed out jun 28th.

Can we call this number and do they answer us ?Any inputs.

Could you please give some more details, like when you call what are the questions did they ask.

rockyroad said:
Thanks,

202 number

Does anybody have that 202 number and also does that 202 number stands good for DBEC. I have almost 5 year old application at DBEC.

Please suggest...

BeKool_2005 said:
What's difference b/w ETA Case Number Starting with letter 'D' or 'T'?

My understanding of the difference is that "D" Cases are entered in the Dallas BEC.. The "T" Cases are left over from the cases entered initially in the Texas SWA initially / transferred to the regional..et al (that was the process prior to the whole BEC system).

In short, my understanding is that all "T" cases will be converted to "D" cases.

My understanding is that 'T' stands for temporary. All cases that start with T are partially entered into BEC system.

Once the data entry is completed, the letter 'T' will be changed either to 'D' for Dallas BEC or 'P' for Philly BEC.

You are absolutely right !

labor_2004 said:
My understanding is that 'T' stands for temporary. All cases that start with T are partially entered into BEC system.

Once the data entry is completed, the letter 'T' will be changed either to 'D' for Dallas BEC or 'P' for Philly BEC.

I called the 202 number...got lucky they transferred me to someone he did not ask me who I was attorney or employer just asked case number, I did not have the correct one , he then searched by last name....all he can tell you is when the 45 day letter was mailed no other timelines!!!

45 day letter (whew..finally)

...and so it arrived today. Can my employer reply? It looks as though my lawyer is on a 4-day weekend!