Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

H1 extension after 365 days of filing LC (PD)

Per my knowledge*,

One need to complete 365 days filing LC (PD) - in your friend's case is true..

So he can fill the 7th year H1-B extension - have him talk to his Lawyer/HR in advance though..

Should he face any issues - please post us

Good luck!

*Not a lawyer

GCCovet said:
A friend of mine has LC PD= Jan 2004. He has not got LC cleared yet. He does not have RD date yet. His application moved to BEC. His H1B 6th Year is October 2005(7 months from now).
Can he file for '7th year Extension'? Would that be '7th year H1-B extension on pending LC'?.

I know that if LC is cleared, H1B extension for '7th year' can be filled .
Please help.
thank you in advance.

45 Day letter response confirmation

There is no news on any confirmation from BEC

How ever your employer (who also gets a copy) can also Fax/Mail just to ensure that your LC case is continued (for God's sake they didn't have this mechanism to drop some 'more' cases based on the response, along with regular withdrawals)

Good luck! :)

erto said:
:confused: My attorney just reply the 45 days letter and she didn't tell me how she replied it (mail or fax). So how can we track whether or not BRC received the response letter? Did BRC send back the receipt when they get the response letter?:confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance.

PD: 11/19/2002
RD: 06/01/2004
45 letter got: 03/16/05
45 letter reply: 03/18/05

IllinoisGC said:
Per my knowledge*,

One need to complete 365 days filing LC (PD) - in your friend's case is true..

So he can fill the 7th year H1-B extension - have him talk to his Lawyer/HR in advance though..

Should he face any issues - please post us

Good luck!

*Not a lawyer

Thanks IllinoisGC, You are right. Got the same reply from a lawyer.

for those folks working at BEC,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for those folks working at BEC, I think they are on a fixed salary. SO, of course, the slower they work, the longer they keep their job. And, as a consequence, the government will spend more time to pay them. If I were them, I would process one case a day, then I can keep my job forever. That is why they don't want to move faster. That is why they want to have excuse like this or that not to let public know how they are doing. Because, I guess, they are afraid of losing their jobs. That is why we have to mention this to congress: The slower they process, the more money will be spent on them.

how much effort

if they are entering the data in DB, how much effort is it provide a web interface allowing people to access their case and check the status. They already had systems like this before. In my opinion it is miniscule amounts of efforts to expose the data onto web with a simple authentication, compared to time they are taking to enter data manually. At least they won't have to reply to cases manually one by one. Saves time and effort. Which century are they living in?

Calling the BECs

Someone may have already brought this up, that it would be nice if the folks who responded to their 45-day letters in December '04 could call the Dallas BEC and try to find out the status of their cases. Since the automated responses from the BECs state something to the effect that we should not call to check the status for atleast 90 days after we have responded to the 45-day letter, now may be a good time for someone to call.

Maybe someone can give it a shot so that it may give all of us some hope.

If some one query the BEC as he has already replied his 45 day letter 90 days back , I am pretty sure the reply from BEC will be like this:

"Your case has not yet been processed. Please do not request additional case request before next 90 days"

The whole labour thing for us has become a real joke!!

Our only hope is our forum GURUS! Trying their best to give us some info. Thanks to them.
Me! preparing application for CANADA. That is best I can do from my part.

RAYDHAN said:
Someone may have already brought this up, that it would be nice if the folks who responded to their 45-day letters in December '04 could call the Dallas BEC and try to find out the status of their cases. Since the automated responses from the BECs state something to the effect that we should not call to check the status for atleast 90 days after we have responded to the 45-day letter, now may be a good time for someone to call.

Maybe someone can give it a shot so that it may give all of us some hope.

Where is Icarus...

I am wondering that if they are working on cases from APRIL 2001 in the RIR queue...then how come we have not seen any approvals yet ?

I called my attorney and made my friends call their attorneys, many of them are the auto remand cases from CA with PD from April 2001 to June 2001...NONE of them have got anything from any BEC.

NO NEWS IS NOT GOOD NEWS WHEN IT COMES TO BEC!!!

ZB :mad:

status email from DFLC

I am May 2001, CA, remanded case in queue.
I had sent an email asking about status a month back and today I got response with a case number starting with D####.
The follwing letter says "once" data entry is complete, 45 day letter would be sent to "all" applications.
----

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Backlog Processing Centers. At this time, we are unable to provide any additional status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications and additional information will be requested from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.

Sincerely,

rest_2004_free said:
A genuine case who is waiting for that letter if for some reason looses that letter in the mail, and it could be possible that his or her case might get closed becuase they did not respond.....although it is rare...considering the huge amounts of letters they are mailing it is possible...

Not only that, one of the forum memebers mentioned, he replied to 45 day letter with an intent to continue, but those morons sent a letter saying since you have intended to close the application, we are hereby closing this app...I mean how can they do it...now he has to go through uncessary loops to reopen that file.

I feel sorry for all of us.....oh what a mess...if only some level headed people are working in DOL they can understand what is at stake...
And then there's the other side of the coin where the employer sends back their copy of the response letter indicating withdrawal and the attorney sends back his copy indicating continuation :rolleyes:

Days_go_by said:
if they are entering the data in DB, how much effort is it provide a web interface allowing people to access their case and check the status. They already had systems like this before. In my opinion it is miniscule amounts of efforts to expose the data onto web with a simple authentication, compared to time they are taking to enter data manually. At least they won't have to reply to cases manually one by one. Saves time and effort. Which century are they living in?
The same century where grad school applicants can use a backdoor posted on a website to check whether they've been accepted to the MBA program :(

luckylucky said:
for those folks working at BEC,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for those folks working at BEC, I think they are on a fixed salary. SO, of course, the slower they work, the longer they keep their job. And, as a consequence, the government will spend more time to pay them. If I were them, I would process one case a day, then I can keep my job forever. That is why they don't want to move faster. That is why they want to have excuse like this or that not to let public know how they are doing. Because, I guess, they are afraid of losing their jobs. That is why we have to mention this to congress: The slower they process, the more money will be spent on them.
and then they hold hearings, the DOL Secretary swears innocence/ignorance, the contract gets terminated, it takes another 6 months for someone else to get up to speed, and it starts over again :eek:

Icarus

Your message is shocking...so DOL secretary can do this? If John Ebbers went to life in prison why not these liars...they are wasting away federal dollars and tax payers money...there are millions of vetrans needing medical attention...millions of hungry people in this country alone..that they can be so arrogant to swear innocense and let this slip by....Where is the justice?

I am worried that this will lead to another backlog later, they will start over from entering data into their systems and then sending 45 day letters again...is this true?? the sum of all fears??

Can you confirm that the system that they are entering data to can be reused later by another contracting company or will they also follow their own system...they might to get more money

Icarus said:
and then they hold hearings, the DOL Secretary swears innocence/ignorance, the contract gets terminated, it takes another 6 months for someone else to get up to speed, and it starts over again :eek:

rest_2004_free said:
Can you confirm that the system that they are entering data to can be reused later by another contracting company or will they also follow their own system...they might to get more money

I dont think the contracting company 'owns' the Software and database. Its another thing that the new contractors would need to be trained again which would surely consume lot of time. My 2 cents worth....

someone mentioned on these forums that 300 NOFs and labor approvals were sent out last week,i was hoping there would be atleast 1 approval for anyone on these forums,so far no luck.....i am wondering if that information is true or not
a worried shaaka

Rock solid info !?

There are so many speculations and hopes/frustrations going on. one would like to see information from rock solid sources instead of wild interpretations of what the DOL said or posted.
One day some posts lift our hopes for LC, one hour later the so called facts are questioned and the hopes are evaporated again.

I am frustarting with all of yoy guys! ;)

PD Michigan 2001
Regional Chicago 3/2004
45-day letter - no way (still some hope)

I don't think we can depend on Icarus..

Zany_Brainy said:
I am wondering that if they are working on cases from APRIL 2001 in the RIR queue...then how come we have not seen any approvals yet ?

I called my attorney and made my friends call their attorneys, many of them are the auto remand cases from CA with PD from April 2001 to June 2001...NONE of them have got anything from any BEC.

NO NEWS IS NOT GOOD NEWS WHEN IT COMES TO BEC!!!

ZB :mad:

I think Icarus is just guessing and has no actual knowledge of any proceedings.

Otherwise he would not ignore this question I have posed to him. He gets our hopes up all right, but its bad actually because when the truth comes out we get more depressed.

My attorney has 4 cases from CA which were problem cases RIR from April/May 2001, none of these cases have recieved any NOF or Approval. If the Dallas DOL is working on April 2001 RIR cases then there should be some movement. One of this cases have a PD of 1st April 2001.

:mad:

Here is an analysis..

Federal CASES:

RIR
----
CA DOL is currently processing April 2003 (RD).
CA SWA Took an average of 1 year to clear the cases so that means these cases are generally cases with April 2002 (PD)

CA DOL moved all cases from May 1 2003 (RD) to the BEC
That means approx Cases from May 1 2002 (PD)

So the majority of regional cases which went to BEC from CA are from
May 1 2002 (PD).

Thx
ZB

difference between Icarus and Dol comments

Zany_Brainy said:
I think Icarus is just guessing and has no actual knowledge of any proceedings.

Otherwise he would not ignore this question I have posed to him. He gets our hopes up all right, but its bad actually because when the truth comes out we get more depressed.

My attorney has 4 cases from CA which were problem cases RIR from April/May 2001, none of these cases have recieved any NOF or Approval. If the Dallas DOL is working on April 2001 RIR cases then there should be some movement. One of this cases have a PD of 1st April 2001.

:mad:

well from what i realise ICARUS is saying exactly the reverse of what DOL, if it talks, says.

1-ICARUS says that DB should be finished by march 2006 whereas DOl says by end of summer 05. i think Icarus statement makes more sense bcs simply, Dol started entering DB in sep 04, so 7 months till now and they just entered 87,000 applications, this means that on avg it takes 6 months to enter around 100,000 applications, if there r more than 300,000 backlogged cases, therefore Db will take at least 1.5 yrs from sep 04 so march 06 is a good estimate and not late summer 05

2- about processing, Icarus says there will be 2 different independent lines, one for RIR and one for regular. DOl says it is a national queue.

3- Icarus says they started processing , Dol says they will start in late summer 05, here i think icarus may be right but to a certain extent.i think probably they started processing but i think it will be a long time till they reach full efficiency therefore i doubt that they will process now more than a few thousands if not less before summer. therefore i don't expect heavy processing before end of summer if not march 06 till they finish entering the data.

those are my conclusions. any comment?

Zany_Brainy said:
Federal CASES:

RIR
----
CA DOL is currently processing April 2003 (RD).
CA SWA Took an average of 1 year to clear the cases so that means these cases are generally cases with April 2002 (PD)

CA DOL moved all cases from May 1 2003 (RD) to the BEC
That means approx Cases from May 1 2002 (PD)

So the majority of regional cases which went to BEC from CA are from
May 1 2002 (PD).

Thx
ZB

Priority Dates for RIR Cases Received in SF DOL between May 01, 2003 & August 07, 2003

2000 : 1
2001 : 708
Jan 2002 :28
Feb 2002: 22
March 2002:55
April 2002: 134
May 2002:378
June 2002: 787
July 2002: 914
August 2002: 666
Sept 2002: 240